Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 4, 2019 11:37 AM

Mar 2018
I mainly love this episode because I adore the Tachikoma and I love their little conversations. They are so smart and really quite philosophical. Their conversation did fit well into the episode and the way the major acted. It was rational but also very cold and not exactly empathic. The Tachikoma showed more humanity than the humans.
May 24, 2019 12:10 PM

Dec 2015
Any episode with a good amount of Tachikoma screentime is always good for me. I really love them.

And the whole Tachikoma and their father/creator thing was indeed sad and touching...
Dec 15, 2019 3:36 PM

Nov 2016
The Tachikomas are usually the aspect that bring cheerfullness in this series, but the ending of this episode was pretty depressing.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 21, 2020 4:12 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The Tachicomas are much more than the cute or "moe" element of GiTS. In a way, their growth and evolution is a subtext for all the evolution we're seeing in the scotiety that Gits is presenting to us.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 27, 2020 7:55 AM
Jun 2014
Brilliant take on IA's self consciousness, moving, cohesive. Tachikomas during season 1 developed a sense of individual awareness, and this episode helps a lot in building strong philosophical questioning about them.

And as usual, dividual (or stand alone) episode are as strong if not superior as complex episodes, no doubt.

This fucking series is masterful, almost unreal in its cohesiveness, intelligence and overall rendering. 5/5 episode after 5/5 episode over and over, it just goes on. I've not enough words to express how tasteful GITS SAC feels.
Jul 24, 2020 3:23 AM

Nov 2018
Loved the Tachikoma-themed episode, really gave them the time to shine and flesh out their backstory and history.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Sep 20, 2022 1:17 PM

Aug 2022
What an incredible episode! I go back and forth about the possibility of the Tachikomas developing a sense of autonomy, but at the same time, I love them. I was tearing up bc of the ending. Beautifully complex and bold storytelling but that's why I am loving this anime so much. I think there is a possibility the Major doesn't remove the memory of their father.
๐“˜ ๐“ญ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ถ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ฏ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ผ ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“พ๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ผ.

Jan 16, 2023 8:57 PM
Oct 2017
Beautiful episode, but it makes me sad to see Major be so bureocratic with things, I would have allowed the scientist to keep his memory inside the Tachikomas.

That moment with him and the Tachikoma, Tachikoma calling him father... It was all just beautiful.
Mar 2, 11:53 AM
Dec 2018
So it seems that we know the source of the Takatoma, their creator or father explains their intelligence and how they were combined. Well, the episode is quiet, but it was necessary because the previous episodes were fast-paced.

The ending scene was a little touching. Honestly, I liked Pato when he sympathized with them, and Mokuto was very cruel
Apr 24, 12:07 PM
Feb 2019
interesting study of individualism and consciousness through Tachikomas
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Is Gouda Kazund the most underrated villain/antagonist ever?

Sasakop - Mar 21, 2023

4 by Darkfiend47 »»
Mar 30, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

aero - Oct 9, 2008

165 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 3, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Episode 25 Discussion

aero - Oct 9, 2008

33 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 3, 1:33 PM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Episode 24 Discussion

aero - Oct 9, 2008

39 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 2, 10:17 PM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Episode 23 Discussion

aero - Oct 9, 2008

42 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 2, 6:25 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.