Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 12, 2012 12:04 AM

Oct 2009
Here is an early look at the upcoming “One Piece Film Z,” played during a Japanese early morning program. This shows Luffy against the movie's villain, Z, who is a former Vice-Admiral of the Marines.

The film features the antagonist Z, described as Luffy and the Straw Hat pirate crew's "strongest enemy yet." Eiichiro Oda himself will oversee the production for the film as its executive producer.

Initial “One Piece Film Z” scans show two of Z's crew, Binz and Ain. So far, no other information about his crew is known at this point. It will be the first movie taking place in the New World part of Grand Line, and set after the events on the Fishman Island Arc.

Osamu Suzuki (Jungle Emperor Leo, Love*Com the Movie) will serve as the script writer, and Tatsuya Nagamine (One Piece: The Desert Princess and the Pirates: Adventure in Alabasta) will be the director. Yasutaka Nakata (Five Numbers!, capsule) is performing the theme song.

The film opens on Japanese theaters this December 15th.

[JeFusion.com]
LunaJul 21, 2012 7:17 AM
Jul 12, 2012 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
DeathReaper said:
Here is an early look at the upcoming “One Piece Film Z,” played during a Japanese early morning program. This shows Luffy against the movie's villain, Z, who is a former Vice-Admiral of the Marines.

The film features the antagonist Z, described as Luffy and the Straw Hat pirate crew's "strongest enemy yet." Eiichiro Oda himself will oversee the production for the film as its executive producer.

Initial “One Piece Film Z” scans show two of Z's crew, Binz and Ain. So far, no other information about his crew is known at this point. It will be the first movie taking place in the New World part of Grand Line, and set after the events on the Fishman Island Arc.

Osamu Suzuki (Jungle Emperor Leo, Love*Com the Movie) will serve as the script writer, and Tatsuya Nagamine (One Piece: The Desert Princess and the Pirates: Adventure in Alabasta) will be the director. Yasutaka Nakata (Five Numbers!, capsule) is performing the theme song.

The film opens on Japanese theaters this December 15th.

[JeFusion.com]

thanks for the info and the movie looks really awesome
Jul 13, 2012 4:41 PM

Jan 2012
Jul 13, 2012 4:44 PM

Nov 2011
Z?

One Piece Zombies? :D

Anywho looks pretty epic can't wait. When exactly did Luffy get super saiyan powers though?
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jul 13, 2012 4:54 PM

Jul 2010
LOOKS EPIC.

Ragix said:

Anywho looks pretty epic can't wait. When exactly did Luffy get super saiyan powers though?

When they named this movie as ''Z''
Jul 14, 2012 3:09 AM

Jan 2012
iLostReason said:
LOOKS EPIC.

Ragix said:

When they named this movie as ''Z''

It's called Z because I'm pretty sure that's the name of the main villain. The guy with the purple hair.
Jul 14, 2012 10:16 AM

Sep 2010
is that Houchuu Ootsuka :D ?
Jul 14, 2012 11:52 AM

Oct 2011

Eh,just wanted to post this :D.
LunaJul 21, 2012 7:18 AM
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Jul 14, 2012 4:10 PM

Nov 2009
Is it only me or did the effect's look better than ever? I'm so pumped up for this movie. Can't wait.
Jul 14, 2012 4:16 PM

Jun 2011
Ragix said:
Z?

One Piece Zombies? :D

Super Saiyan !? You mean Kaio Ken. It's Gear Second mate.
Jul 16, 2012 11:56 AM

Dec 2008
Wow, for some reason, that One Piece trailer didn't even feel like One Piece to me at all. Felt a bit all too serious.

Nevertheless, can probably expect some great gags and Luffy being stupid somewhere in the movie.

Tonight... we are young... so let's set the world on fire, we can burn brighter, than the sun...
Jul 23, 2012 9:48 PM

Jan 2011
Andriyani said:
Is it only me or did the effect's look better than ever? I'm so pumped up for this movie. Can't wait.

It seems to me like it matches Strong World in quality / effects.
Jul 26, 2012 9:29 AM

Jan 2009
That teaser alone has got me soooooo hyped for this film. It definitely reminds me of Strong World in terms of the quality of art style and animation! Yay! :D
Aug 31, 2012 6:21 PM
Jun 2012
damn i am so excited. i love one piece so much
Sep 1, 2012 11:14 PM
Aug 2011
Misdreavius said:
Wow, for some reason, that One Piece trailer didn't even feel like One Piece to me at all. Felt a bit all too serious.

Nevertheless, can probably expect some great gags and Luffy being stupid somewhere in the movie.

It did feel a bit to serious. I hope it has a decent amount of comedy and Luffy being stupidly funny. Can't wait to see this movie. :D
Sep 2, 2012 1:51 PM

Jan 2008
Too bad Robin will have an outfit that seriously makes her look like a hooker. :x

... Franky, too.

Apart from that, the outfits look like fun.
SaorinSep 2, 2012 1:56 PM

Oct 12, 2012 9:27 AM

Aug 2008
TV special that consist to be the prologue of the film:
Here

Omg, Chopper is so cute!!!
Oct 18, 2012 2:45 AM

Jul 2011
First movie after the timeskip...I JUST CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS!!!
Nov 16, 2012 1:51 PM

Apr 2011
Has there been any new stuff for the movie yet? Like other previews, or news? Also, does anyone know where I can watch the Seven Eleven snipits, in good quality?
Nov 17, 2012 6:02 AM

Aug 2008

Omg, I don't know what the woman did to Nami but Nami is so cuteeee!
I can't wait! And Avril Lavigne's song did fit One Piece, I'm glad about it! :D

So, Z is an ex-Admiral!

EDIT: Luffy is so damn sexy at 0:32! hehehe
KuriniNov 17, 2012 12:48 PM
Nov 17, 2012 6:18 AM

Jul 2011
Kurini said:

So, Z is an ex-Admiral!

Great trailer! About the songs, ye fits a bit but they didn't used "How You Remind Me" at the end of this trailer very well but the song is quite good.
Nov 17, 2012 11:36 AM

Apr 2011
really looking forward to see Kizaru and aokiji . also i think i saw Luffy's grandfather..
Nov 17, 2012 12:37 PM

Apr 2011
That was awesome.

Nuf Said.
Nov 17, 2012 12:43 PM

Aug 2008
TrOjAnHoRsE said:
really looking forward to see Kizaru and aokiji . also i think i saw Luffy's grandfather..

Yep, Garp is in it (well, I don't care about Garp anymore)
Btw, I REALLY like Z's singing at the beginning! I hope there will be a longer version in the movie! LOL
KuriniNov 17, 2012 12:46 PM
Nov 17, 2012 1:02 PM

Jul 2009
Kurini said:

So, Z is an ex-Admiral!

Ain(the woman that did something to Nami) ate the Modo Modo no mi, and modo comes from modoru which means return, she has the ability to turns back the age of anything and anyone she touches. (kind of similar to Bonney's)
What intrigues me is at 1:28. I think it's Aokiji, standing next to a grave ? Oo
Nov 17, 2012 4:08 PM

Aug 2008
shinka_otaku said:
Ain(the woman that did something to Nami) ate the Modo Modo no mi, and modo comes from modoru which means return, she has the ability to turns back the age of anything and anyone she touches. (kind of similar to Bonney's)
What intrigues me is at 1:28. I think it's Aokiji, standing next to a grave ? Oo

Ohhh, it makes sense! But since her fruit sounds too similar to Bonney's power, I'm expected more ability then just return something back in the way it was. Or Bonney's devil fruit should be more powerful than it shows. :)
Nov 17, 2012 8:00 PM

Apr 2011
For Bonney, when marines turn into children, do they retain their identities? Like, do they remember who they are, and what they are supposed to do?
If not, maybe for this movie, they do remember?
One could be changing the appearance, and the other could be an actual time warp. This is all speculation of course.
Nov 17, 2012 8:17 PM

Nov 2010
DarkAngelz said:
For Bonney, when marines turn into children, do they retain their identities? Like, do they remember who they are, and what they are supposed to do?
If not, maybe for this movie, they do remember?
One could be changing the appearance, and the other could be an actual time warp. This is all speculation of course.
Well Bonney is able to turn herself into a child and retain all memories, and one of the theories about her crew and how they wear small clothing is to prepare them for if they are shrunk by her powers. So since it's kind of normal for her to use her powers on herself and her crew I expect them to keep their memories. Wouldn't it be wild if her whole crew is kids that she made older and elderly people she made younger.
Nov 20, 2012 2:14 AM

Aug 2010
HOLY SHIT!!!

After seeing this trailer I'm so hyped right now!!
This can really be better than Strong world!!

-Loli Nami!
-Aokiji with a beard XD
and a former admiral...now this is gonna be epic!
Nov 20, 2012 4:54 PM

Aug 2008
I feel bad for spamming but

Doesn't Chopper look like he got affected by the woman's power in the trailer? Omg, I'm going to have an heartattack with Chopper if he become smaller than he is now XD

And another TV ad (more footage):

And the 3rd TV ad WATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK. You won't believe your eyes.
KuriniNov 20, 2012 5:05 PM
Nov 20, 2012 4:59 PM

Mar 2012
hyped!!

but too bad subs take quite a while to come out ><
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/LuckyMango

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/LuckyMango

Feel free to comment on my profile for anime recommendations.
Ill try my best to help! Remember don't message me. Comment!
Nov 20, 2012 5:11 PM

Nov 2010
Kurini said:

Doesn't Chopper look like he got affected by the woman's power in the trailer? Omg, I'm going to have an heartattack with Chopper if he become smaller than he is now XD
Actually I think he might have, he said "I am small"(or "ore chichai") and was holding his face, I think he was shrunk or whatever her power is.

And this movie must be canon, why would they put Coby and Helmeppo wearing the marine jackets, they must have been promoted.
Nov 20, 2012 5:22 PM

Aug 2008
IntroverTurtle said:
Yup! It must be canon!

I seriously think I would enjoy the movie much more if I don't watch all the trailers that are out, but I'm just too obsseded w/ OP!

Here is another video, but it starts @4:00
KuriniNov 20, 2012 5:30 PM
Nov 20, 2012 10:54 PM

Jul 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Kurini said:

Actually I think he might have, he said "I am small"(or "ore chichai") and was holding his face, I think he was shrunk or whatever her power is.

smaller than he already is? He will probably disappear
Nov 20, 2012 11:00 PM

Nov 2010
aiNkyy said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Kurini said:

smaller than he already is? He will probably disappear
Or just become extremely cute. Think of him interacting with Franky's robot body like he was right after the timeskip but with a smaller body. People would be dying of a cute overdose.

Dec 4, 2012 7:51 AM

Dec 2011
Don't get your hopes up guys, us Westerners aren't gonna get to see Film Z subbed for another 3-6 months. We still have to wait for a DVD release + it usually ends up taking 2-3 weeks to sub these things regardless of the popularity.

Which also coincidentally makes the next four Z filler episodes kind of useless until then too. I for one don't really feel like watching the preview of something that I gotta wait so long for!!!

If we're lucky we'll get to see the new Episode Of Luffy: Hand Island Adventure soon though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2012 9:13 AM

Aug 2008
Omg, it's today! I want to be in Japan!!

This is the special trailer that was at the end of the special (which I hope I can watch soon)

KuriniDec 16, 2012 6:39 AM

More topics from this board

» This film is a complete fail.

lupadim - Aug 1, 2013

18 by YoshiYogurt »»
Jan 9, 11:18 PM

» order

DerpySven - Dec 3, 2023

5 by neowise27 »»
Dec 3, 2023 6:24 PM

Poll: » One Piece Film Z Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Bigbuffoon - Apr 10, 2013

177 by Yubisoft »»
Nov 4, 2023 1:48 PM

» WHO IS DUMB ENOUGH TO DISRESPECT THIS MOVIE?

Bronos23 - Aug 19, 2018

5 by Krishvanza123456 »»
Oct 26, 2022 9:07 AM

» Is this spoiler-free?

shady_raisin - Jan 3, 2022

5 by removed-user »»
Aug 6, 2022 4:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.