Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 7, 2012 1:19 AM

Jan 2012
At first i started the series expecting to dislike it but i gave it a shot, and i ended up liking it -.-.....So does anyone have any anime series that are like Kampfer? Where the protagonist is male being turned into female. Not cross-dressing but actually turned into a girl =P.

Manga suggestions are welcome too but...am mainly looking for anime, but if you post a manga make sure to let me know it's manga and not anime. Ty
Jul 7, 2012 1:28 AM

Apr 2012
Ranma 1/2
Jul 7, 2012 11:54 AM

Jan 2012
Only thing about Ranma that bothers me is its older art style :<
Jul 7, 2012 11:57 AM

Apr 2012
You get used to it, well it perfectly fits the category I would give the first few episodes a try, the last time I watched it I think I was 5-6 but I think there was a little nudity
Jul 7, 2012 12:24 PM

Sep 2008
There are some borderline cases like Wagaya no Oinari-sama (where the sub-protagonist can take the form of both male and female), or Aquarion EVOL (where one of the female characters turns into a male for a certain period of time, which is the opposite to your request), but other than that I don't think there's any anime like that.

And there's nothing wrong with liking Kampfer, it's a good show with a great entertainment value for its category.
Jul 7, 2012 12:45 PM

Apr 2012
Also One Piece now that I think about it lmao

This is why you don't fuck with crossdressers
Jul 7, 2012 12:49 PM

Jul 2010
Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl. well, boy turned into girl completely. it's Shoujo-ai.
Jul 7, 2012 1:40 PM

Aug 2010
seishi-sama said:

And there's nothing wrong with liking Kampfer, it's a good show with a great entertainment value for its category.

This. And besides, being ashamed of things you like will only hurt you :P

There aren't many anime like Kampfer, and most of those few have been mentioned already. However, if you don't mind manga, Oto x Maho is probably one of the closest to Kampfer: guy turns into girl to get magical powers and fights alongside other girls. Also, if you liked the slice of life side of Kampfer, I have to recommend Pretty Face. The main character doesn't completely transform into a girl, but the story is so awesome, hilarious, and even has a good bit of action so I think you might like it :)
Jul 7, 2012 2:16 PM

Oct 2010
There are many gender-bender animes out there. Or so I at least think as there are tons of mangas with that genre as center. Use that keyword.

EDIT: Here are some:

Gokudo
Hourou Musuko · Wandering Son
I My Me! Strawberry Eggs (I think its crossdressing though)
Kashimashi - Girl Meets Girl
Maze ☆ Bakunetsu Jikuu (1997)
Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru
Sasameki Koto

Tenshi na Konamaiki | Cheeky Angel
SavinoJul 7, 2012 2:19 PM
Jul 7, 2012 2:22 PM

Sep 2011
Monkey__D__Luffy said:
You get used to it, well it perfectly fits the category I would give the first few episodes a try, the last time I watched it I think I was 5-6 but I think there was a little nudity
*sigh* why do i know this? yes there was nudity...

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 7, 2012 2:40 PM

Nov 2011
Yes there is nudity in Ranma and they detail the nipples. But it's an excellent series- if you don't like the old art of the anime, then read the manga.

Kashimashi fits, but it's bad.

Maze fits, but is awful.

The final season of Sailor Moon actually has this as a very large part of the series. But, you know, it's only in the final season and you do need to have seen most of the rest of it to appreciate the final season, and it's up to you if you want to wacth all 200 episodes of a 1990's mahou shoujo monster-of-the-week series. The whole series has a lot of gender-bending but only the final season has actual gender transformation.
Jul 8, 2012 4:49 AM

Oct 2011
Well What About Switching Bodies???

Murder Princess-OVA-6?or4?Eps Forgot

To-Love-Ru/Sequel/Sequels Sequels/OVAs-Where Lalas device turns Rito into a girl multiple times :P-I believes its in the OVAs but forgot

Manga:
Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo-guy has powers that when kissing they swap bodies :P
Jul 8, 2012 10:31 AM
May 2012
tomoki turns into tomoko with the help of ikaros.
Jul 8, 2012 1:44 PM

Oct 2011
-konachan said:
tomoki turns into tomoko with the help of ikaros.

Oh yeah sora no otoshimono or something like that :P
he did it multiple times too right?

More topics from this board

» Battle romance manhwa/manga/manhua

NaTsu879 - Yesterday

2 by NaTsu879 »»
5 minutes ago

» Anime similar to live-action action movies?

Skuletor - Apr 18

13 by WatchTillTandava »»
58 minutes ago

» Stylish detective and crime anime

RobertBobert - 2 hours ago

1 by Skuletor »»
1 hour ago

» I find it absolutely absurd I can’t find a manga with gay marriage legalized

isseixkoneko - Apr 25

2 by isseixkoneko »»
5 hours ago

» Movies

BitChilly - Yesterday

10 by TheSunLife »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.