Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 27, 2012 6:58 AM
Mar 2012
I don't want to stop watching, but I'm afraid that I'll reach a point where I've watched everything good. I'm not "new" to Anime, but then again if you look at my list, it's not like I've watched a ton of stuff yet.

I just feel like I'll start reaching a point of diminishing returns. I've been watching about a year, and this is the first time I've watched something current (currently watching Fate/Zero and Kids on The Slope). Provided there's say, two SOLID anime series every season (Spring, Winter, Fall, Summer), then I'll be happy.

At any point I'm always watching two anime series, that's my pace--and I tend to go through a 26 episode series in 2 weeks.
Jun 27, 2012 9:30 AM

Feb 2012
No, I don't. And I think I won't. I enjoy anime, and it's very hard for me to let go something I like, even though it's eating my time and distracting me from other things.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Jun 27, 2012 9:33 AM

Mar 2011
No, never.
>,<

But as I get older and get married, have kids and all the shit (XD) I might have to.

;A;
Jun 27, 2012 12:28 PM

Feb 2012
Nope. I just started in earnest about 3 months ago, and before then, I had only seen dubbed anime. Once I realized how much great subbed anime is out there, I was hooked. Now I can't imagine ever stopping - I would actually like to watch more. My PTW list is loaded with 275 entries, and about 50 of them are shows I really really want to see. I also tend to like pretty much everything I watch, so as long as it interests me, I'll keep adding to that list. I can't foresee me finishing even half of it anytime soon, so no, I have no plans to stop. Maybe take a break eventually, but not right now. I was able to find so many shows that I loved this season, and the summer season looks almost as good. I can only imagine how many more shows I'll see over the next few seasons.

"In both love and octopus-hunting, you have to take the initiative!" - Gintoki Sakata
Jun 27, 2012 12:37 PM
Apr 2012
I really don't see why people would stop watching it. Sure life can get more busy the older you get as you have less free time, but life never gets so busy that you can't set aside an hour or two each week to watch some anime. Hell, I'm 26 and still have like 8 hours of free time each day after work.
Jun 27, 2012 12:43 PM

Sep 2011
I would never "stop" watching anime. I will eventually start watching it less, but that's about it.
Jun 27, 2012 1:04 PM

May 2009
No, only when I'm not in the mood to watch it.
Jun 27, 2012 2:52 PM
Jun 2012
I'm not sure but maybe in the future but it is still unknown. Anything can happen
Jun 27, 2012 2:58 PM
May 2012
Yes, I've stopped for a good few years but now I'm watching anime again. I usually watch only one episode every week now.
Ryo_SuzukiJun 27, 2012 3:35 PM
Jun 27, 2012 3:16 PM

Feb 2010
I don't think of it that way. My mood and tastes about hobbies changes over time so I can't say.

But I won't purposely try to get rid of anime or force myself to keep liking it. Whatever happens, happens.
Jun 27, 2012 6:11 PM

Jun 2008
saikano75 said:
No, only when I'm not in the mood to watch it.
I've gone months without watching it, but I'm usually always watching at least one series, one episode a weekend! I don't know when I'll stop, I'm about to enter college but I think I'll have a little spare time to see at least some airings shows, but once I graduate and get my job I think I won't have any more time!

But I have all my favorites on DVD's, so I'm sure I'll rewatch those sometimes!
Jun 27, 2012 6:17 PM

Jul 2010
I definetly don't plan on stopping, while there's still stuff I want to watch I'm sure I'll find time to squeeze in a few episodes of anime in.

Same for games, will never stop being a gamer.
Jun 27, 2012 6:20 PM

Jun 2011
While I have been having some trouble finding an anime series lately, I don't plan on stopping anytime soon.
Jun 27, 2012 8:01 PM

Aug 2009
I haven't been really devoted to watching anything in about a year and a half, and I think that was partly due to school and a lack of satisfaction with the current shows on now. Lately though I've been thinking of returning and watching a show (even if it's not airing anymore) to whet my appetite.

I do think though that in the future I will have no desire to because I'll be busy with a full-time job and kids and whatnot.
Jun 27, 2012 10:16 PM

Aug 2011
I won't want to, but eventually I'll have to slice a huge chunk of the time I use for it to do other things that are more important. I'll watch less, but if I end up liking something different in the future, I won't force myself to keep watching anime. Who knows, I could end up like my parents and never stop; only time will tell.

Jun 27, 2012 11:19 PM

Aug 2011
Never, unless the whole anime industry crashes or completely changes into something that would no longer interest me.
Jul 24, 2012 6:39 PM

Apr 2011
I don't know.
Jul 24, 2012 6:45 PM
Jul 2012
«Retiring» from anime is a pretty phony expression. Most people here are high school/college students with enough time on their hands to watch animu daily but I guess when you get a full time job/family you'll have less time to watch it, but not really completely. As for getting older, anime is known for being produced with a vast target audience, not only kids, so while you do get some seinen shit that feels like shonen, if you find the right ones it could still be enjoyable even if you're like 30-ish
Jul 24, 2012 6:52 PM

Jan 2012
My friend told me his dad (58 years old) just got into watching anime. Apparently, he stumbled upon it on Netflix and has been hooked ever since.

Watching anime is like watching TV shows or movies. So, there's really no reason to stop watching it, imo.
Jul 24, 2012 6:53 PM

Jul 2012
Stop watching anime? Hell no, I will watch it less as I older though, but my Japanese Pop-Culture obsession will never end. In fact, I'm trying to get a job in Japanese Pop-Culture. It's not a hopeless dream either, I'm dedicated to it.

Anime will never get old.
"Hmm, Loli is Fine Too."

Jul 24, 2012 6:54 PM

Dec 2010
Nope, not happening.
#PrayForKyoAni
Jul 24, 2012 6:54 PM
Apr 2010
I usually take pretty long breaks (between 2-8 months) due to a lack of anything decent to watch.
Jul 24, 2012 7:13 PM

Mar 2012
Well, I'm 27 and I probably watch more anime now than I ever have.

Will I ever quit? Probably not entirely but I'm sure there will come a day where I put it on hiatus or limit what I watch due to time constraints. I know when I was in college I had to limit the anime I watched because I was too busy with classes, work, and the like. To be honest, I've actually had MORE time to watch anime since graduating from college...although, I don't feel like I'm managing my time very wisely. :P
Jul 24, 2012 8:47 PM
Feb 2012
I don't see myself ever stopping for good.
Jul 24, 2012 9:08 PM

Mar 2012
Some point in my life i will stop watching anime, such as if i get married or i hav a job.... or if i hav kids..... I'm sure every body will stop watching anime it just the matter of time and when......
Jul 24, 2012 9:14 PM

Apr 2012
I wish to believe that I would never stop watching anime, but, given the oppressive circumstances with which life, in the manner that I perceive the concept, evidently barrages upon my forthcoming days, this remains nothing more than what it already is - a longing.

Jul 24, 2012 9:18 PM

Mar 2009
I want to stop O_O
Jul 24, 2012 9:18 PM

Jun 2012
Who brought back a month dead thread?

I might have posted in this long ago, but my thoughts again:

That's like going to someone who really likes dogs and asking them if they want their dog to die.

Obviously I don't want to stop watching anime. I really love it, and it makes my life better (take that whatever way you want). Even today life gets in the way of me enjoying it sometimes, but it's not like its going anywhere. I can always watch the next episode later when I'm not busy. I will always make time for it, because it's part of who I am in a sense.

Summary: I'll stop watching anime when my life is so constricted that I don't have even a minute of free time to enjoy myself. And even then I'll kick and struggle as much as I possibly can. I will not allow that day to ever come.
Jul 24, 2012 9:21 PM

Jul 2012
Probably not. I've seen adults who are still pretty active in the anime/manga thing while leading normal lives. I won't be as deep into it when I'm older but if anime in the future is as interesting as it is now, I'll still find time for it.

My dad still comes home and plays video games while he's pushing 50. Somehow he's managed to watch the entire dubbed version of Bleach. He's a good dad and a responsible adult, but he still makes time for the things he likes. It's not as much as he did when he was a kid but it's more than enough to keep him happy. So, I really don't see any reason to stop.
Jul 29, 2012 11:21 AM

Mar 2010
if I find something more interesting to do other than watch anime then I might take a break or two, but I don't really think I'll stop watching it. Well thats how it is now at least.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 29, 2012 11:23 AM

Jul 2012
Until recently I'd all but eschewed Anime for gaming in my free time. So it's not something I cling to very strongly, I could stop watching but it's hard to say.
Jul 29, 2012 1:18 PM
Jul 2012
Right now I just want to watch anime,that's all.
Jul 29, 2012 1:32 PM

May 2010
If Satan himself ascended to Earth and told me he is going to rape and kill my whole family unless I stop watching anime, I would just say, "Holy shit! Satan is real!", and then stand there and stare.
Jul 29, 2012 1:44 PM

Oct 2010
I will watch anime for as long as it entertains me.
Jul 29, 2012 3:23 PM
Sep 2011
I really don't think so. I might not have as much time for it, but it's like the thought of giving up television, books, movies, plays, etc - I'm never going to give up entertainment or storytelling. Why would I give up anime specifically?
Jul 29, 2012 3:29 PM

Jul 2011
Hopefully I'll have a life in 10 years
Jul 29, 2012 3:30 PM

Aug 2009
Right now I feel like the anime industry is going in a strange direction with this whole moe thing and school thing. I honestly don't see the appeal, but there are a few good anime that come out every year and those keep me fairly entertained. If anything there are a lot of great anime from previous decades that are more toward my taste. I'm probably gonna run out at some point though.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jul 29, 2012 3:33 PM

Aug 2010
I'm finishing One Piece no matter what.
Jul 29, 2012 3:43 PM

Apr 2009
No I don't think so,there are times when i don't watch anime
for a month or so, but mostly I will crawl back to the anime addiction.

^^
Jul 29, 2012 6:19 PM

Jul 2012
kwills88 said:
the thought of stop watching anime is like the thought of never masturbating ever again.

True, I will never stop watch animes.
Jul 29, 2012 6:24 PM

Jul 2012
I don't think so. I mean I don't think I'll ever be so busy that I wouldn't be able to watch at least a couple episodes a day. Even the busiest of people usually have time to watch a little TV, I think the same goes for me. But I'm still 16 so I don't know, hopefully I'll never have to stop.
Jul 29, 2012 6:31 PM

Jul 2011
I don't think so, I almost didn't watch TV.

I work all day and now I am also in the university and I can always find a bit of time to watch anime.
Jul 29, 2012 6:55 PM
Apr 2012
I'll watch as long as I have time and the shows are still good.
Though sometimes it crosses into my mind to quit when I'm watching a series that talks sheet about my beliefs.
Jul 29, 2012 7:14 PM
Jul 2012
ill stop when they run out of good anime... and what the other guy said i'm finishing one piece no matter what idc if im 30 and its still running.
Jul 30, 2012 3:33 AM

Aug 2011
I don't plan to, but that doesn't mean I won't.
Jul 30, 2012 3:39 AM

Sep 2011
I'm not planning to, but it very well could happen. I already watch far less anime than I used to. I don't think I'll ever completely lose interest though because even if I stop watching new anime, I'll still have my old favorites that I'll rewatch.
Jul 30, 2012 3:58 AM
Aug 2011
Just for while. (Excluding Fairy Tail, One Piece and Code:Breaker{When it starts that is})

I really need to go to college next year. I've been putting it off far too long, Being a NEET for so long isn't as good as I thought it would be.
Jul 30, 2012 4:07 AM

Jul 2012
No, I don't think so.
Saving up money for Cosplay.~
Jul 30, 2012 6:43 AM
Jun 2012
hmm anime is petty good entertainment for me since i don't watch the tv. i am on the computer most of the time when i am at home
Jul 30, 2012 6:55 AM
Sep 2011
precious said:
NNick said:
Of Course, Sometimes I Even Wonder - Why The Hell Am I Even Watching This ___?
I Started Watching Anime Back In February, Now I've Seen Like 6+ Shows, And I Don't Feel Like Watching Anime Anymore, Nothing Seem To Interest Me (My Personal Opinion Incoming)
Most Of The Time Mainstream Anime Is Dumb, Filled With Random Fanservice And Weak Plot And Boring Characters. Nothing's Unique. Hopefully Anime Matures With Time. No I don't Mean They Should Start Making Anime For 18+, But By That I mean, I want More Serious Plots And Stories.

The Way You Write Is Very Annoying

I don't think I'll ever completely stop watching.
However, I'll continue to take breaks every now and then.
It's not writing, it's texting. Anyways, to answer the question- no.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Does our opinions of characters reflect how we treat other people?

Zamus_Edits - Yesterday

14 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
3 minutes ago

» Successor to "Isekai"

NostalgiaDrive94 - Yesterday

26 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
3 minutes ago

» Is the concept of a villain stupid?

Anjuro - 11 hours ago

30 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
4 minutes ago

» So, what's the oldest anime you've ever watched?

Gashadokur0 - Today

38 by Ezeeql »»
5 minutes ago

» anime character you like but wouldn't invite to your birthday party / wedding?

lifesaver64 - Today

18 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
5 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.