Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2012 6:32 PM

May 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I guess I'm so used to Ikki making an entrance like that.
Feb 2, 2013 6:00 AM

Oct 2010
One of the most annoying episodes.
ffs, how can they be that stupid, omg, it's worse than the bold and the beautiful
it's beyond stupidity

7 eps more, damn, it's so hard to watch it
I've been forcing myself to finish this series for like 4 years with breaks, finally I am gonna finish it :P
The only reason I did so is because I saw it when I was watching dragon ball when I was a kid and I missed last episodes or something and decided to see it again...
It's hell of a trouble to do that. This anime is way too old and it's not just the animation, but everything is too childish and stupid.
I guess even 10 yo won't enjoy this series nowadays.

top 3 anime: Code Geass | One Piece | Death Note
Aug 10, 2013 4:12 PM

May 2008
Ikki's "sudden" appearance... Why am I not surprised? -___-

He didn't break a sweat with the guy, lol and he already aiming Poseidon. I smell some trouble~
Apr 29, 2015 2:13 PM

Feb 2009
At least they are showing that Ikki is incedibly powerful in his "base form" and is a force to be reckoned with.
Nov 30, 2017 3:24 PM

Aug 2012
The brother complex is strong in Shun isn't it? haha.
May 14, 2018 10:01 AM

Jun 2016
Talk about a squash match~! Especially when compared to Shiryu's toe to toe death match with Krishna, Ikki got it easy.

When Shun's chain couldn't find Lyumnades I was getting ready to complain about how a chain that can literally transcend our dimension to find its enemy can't find him. Luckily that didn't happen and I was oh so grateful.

Hyoga and Seiya were taken by surprise, and Shun had his kind heart taken advantage of. I'm honestly happy with how that turned out.

My theory about how Ikki shows up fashionably late to save his friends no matter what seems true, as if that's his part of the team and what he represents. He's definitely my second favorite character after Shiryu. Not only is he super cool in how he cheesily shows up fashionably late every time he decides to show up(which I'm hoping for an explanation this time), not only is his mind crush ability one of the coolest I've ever seen, not only is he the hardest mother fricker on the saints side, not only does he give some of the greatest speeches and moral lessons, and not only are his fights always great, but he's actually also gotten most of the development out of anyone in the series. Although you could argue he goes from point a to point b and doesn't change once he's there for the majority of the series. He's a really fun character and he has some depth.
When he started to show up to save the day, which everyone and their dogs girlfriend could have predicted, I got so excited. I knew that Ikki is someone born from hatred(somewhat exaggerated), and that he has been and is willing to mess people he loves up, especially when it's only their looks. He showcased his patented tough love by letting the injured saints fight their own battle to prove themselves, alike the time when Jamian kidnapped Saori if I recall!

Shiryu, in my subs, referred to Kiki as an alternate saint! If that's canonical and correct then that's kinda adorable. Kiki is a reserve for when they need more saints to fight, one that trained under Mu. This arc has given him some more context.

Some fights in the Poseidon arc have been lackluster like Scylla and Baian, Krishna and Lyumnades however had some really well paced and awesome fights. Seeing Ikki punch the Shun clone through the heart and absolutely walk all over him, and seeing Shiryu use the Excalibur, blessed to him from Shura, while pushing himself to the limit were seriously memorable! The Baian and Scylla fights were somewhat as well but purely for what they meant for the saints, not the fights themselves.

And we end on a message. Love and compassion may be our greatest weakness, however it is also our greatest strength.
May 14, 2018 10:19 AM

Dec 2016
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:

My theory about how Ikki shows up fashionably late to save his friends no matter what seems true, as if that's his part of the team and what he represents.

I think it's just his style. He is a lone wolf and doesn't want to be part of a team. Maybe he thinks he doesn't deserve it after what he did in the first arc of the series but he is always watching them because he cares. If they really need him he will be ready to fight. ;)
May 14, 2018 11:05 PM

Jun 2016
Sparkyon said:

I think it's just his style. He is a lone wolf and doesn't want to be part of a team. Maybe he thinks he doesn't deserve it after what he did in the first arc of the series but he is always watching them because he cares. If they really need him he will be ready to fight. ;)

You have a great point, that's a really good analysis of Ikki's character. He, from the start, felt alone, and he must feel horrible about trying to kill his friends and his own brother. I think your point about him not feeling as though he deserves to be a part of the team is strong. Perhaps we really don't need an explanation on why he's fashionably late, perhaps the explanation is just that.
Dec 9, 2019 6:59 AM

Feb 2015
And once again Ikki makes a badass (but late) entrance. I loved seeing him absolutely destroy Lymnades and when he pierced him while he was in Shun's form it was pretty awesome.

I wonder if we'll see Ikki go toe to toe with Poseidon.
Jul 26, 2020 5:07 PM

Apr 2007
As usual Ikki is a total badass. He's the reason I made it this far in the series, I always look forward to him appearing :)
Jan 30, 2022 12:50 AM

Jun 2020
The only good moments in this episode were:
1. The fight between Shiryu and Chrysaor.
2. Lyumnades deceiving Hyoga and Seiya by impersonating himself as the Aquarius Saint Camus and Marin-san respectively.
3. Ikki showing his cold heartedness to Lyumnades.
4. Kiki helping the saints in the destruction of pillars

But overall portion of this episode were utterly repititve and predicitable

BlaizeV said:
The brother complex is strong in Shun isn't it? haha.

Haha! Shun has multiple complexes throughout this series. My favorite complexes of Shun was with Hyoga and Aphrodite.
RKASHYAP621Jan 30, 2022 12:57 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is your favorite Gold Saint?

removed-user - Aug 12, 2022

18 by Ex-Aid »»
Yesterday, 4:10 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 104 Discussion

Albi-kun - Mar 19, 2015

4 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 23, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 105 Discussion

Monad - Dec 9, 2013

7 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 23, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 112 Discussion

Monad - Jan 13, 2014

4 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 111 Discussion

jr_paperbag - May 27, 2012

3 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 10:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.