Forum Settings
Forums

What is the worst anime you ever watched, and why?

New
Pages (141) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »
Jun 21, 2008 1:57 AM

Dec 2007
Oh I know, Lucky Star, Haruhi, Gurren Lagann, Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop...Am I cool yet?

Seriously though, Ikkitousen, Goushuusho-sama Ninomiya-kun, and Dragonaut. Those are actually bad animes. :/
Jun 21, 2008 7:48 AM
Nov 2007
.hack//sign is the only anime that I've seen that I didn't really like. Oh and I don't know if I like Lucky Star, it kind of just seems like a bunch of random stuff with no point but I haven't finished it yet.
Jun 21, 2008 7:50 AM

Apr 2008
Bleach and InuYasha DX
Jun 21, 2008 8:16 AM

Jan 2007
Panda! Go Panda!
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
-Rally V.
Jun 21, 2008 8:21 AM
Mar 2008
Fruits Basket. . . . . .I tried forcnig myself to watch it, but I couldn't do it D=
Jun 21, 2008 8:33 AM

Oct 2007
Mine is now Kanokon >< I'm watching it just so I can say I've done it, but it seriously is such a task to do so. I usually paint my nails or something while watching it because I just can't concentrate on it :S
Jun 21, 2008 8:43 AM
Mar 2008
Dragonaut, Code Gayass.
Jun 21, 2008 8:58 AM

Oct 2007
draky said:
Code Gayass.

=.=;;;

Also DBZ sucked so much Dx really didn't like it.
Jun 21, 2008 6:59 PM

Sep 2007
gc said:
Oh I know, Lucky Star, Haruhi, Gurren Lagann, Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop...Am I cool yet?

Actually, I agreed with you until you mentioned Bebop.
Jun 21, 2008 8:07 PM

Mar 2008
I'd have to say "My Wife is High School Girl" aka Okusama, and D.N. Angel were the worst I saw. =(
Jun 22, 2008 4:11 AM

Apr 2008
Probably Reign the Conqueror and Virus Buster Serge are the worst I have ever see
Jun 22, 2008 4:21 AM

Feb 2008
I made it to like episode 80 in Naruto... what a waste that was /facepalm

Trinity Blood sucked balls too. I quit that one after 3 episodes...
Jun 22, 2008 4:59 AM

Apr 2008
Veronin said:
I made it to like episode 80 in Naruto... what a waste that was /facepalm

Trinity Blood sucked balls too. I quit that one after 3 episodes...

Thanks for reminding me how awful Trinity Blood is.
Jun 22, 2008 8:12 AM

Dec 2007
Foggle said:
gc said:

good to know you hate anime then
Jun 22, 2008 8:42 AM

Apr 2008
gc said:
Foggle said:
gc said:

Contrary to popular belief, anime existed before 2007.
Jun 22, 2008 9:17 AM

Oct 2007
Canary OVA

Jun 22, 2008 2:19 PM

Jan 2007
ninjatic said:
Fruits Basket. . . . . .I tried forcnig myself to watch it, but I couldn't do it D=

I made it thru that, and i definitely think there are worse ones.

Saiyuki....terrible, in every way an anime can be.

Plate said:

Your preachin some real truth there brother.
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
-Rally V.
Jun 22, 2008 3:09 PM

Apr 2008
mine would have to be night warriors. I couldn't get threw the last dvd it was so bad.
Jun 22, 2008 3:11 PM

Apr 2008
The second Dokuro-chan season. I actually liked the first one, but for some reason I considered the second so goddamnawful, I almost wanted to tear my eyes out. Maybe i finally grew up :D
Jun 22, 2008 3:16 PM

Jun 2008
Innocent Venus, inuyasha and Howl's Moving Castle.

Innocent venus, had the most boring cliche plot ever, and c'mon mechs that look like their ice skating? not to mention the horrible cg.

unfortunately, howl's moving castle is the only miyazaki film i've seen. i've seen parts of porco rosso and also wasn't too impressed. they just seem like disney movies minus the whole plot thing. i'll give spirited away and princes mononoke a chance before i make a final judgment on miyazaki.

inuyasha...what can i say? it's just boring and has really annoying characters.
Jun 22, 2008 3:53 PM

Dec 2007
Plate said:
gc said:
Foggle said:
gc said:

It figures someone of your intelligence would come to that conclusion, but no, that's not what I meant at all. Those animes are popular, and why are they popular? Because they're good. That's why anime gets popular.

Hating on said popular animes without even explaining why is trolling. I realize this is hard to understand for you, so to explain, trolling is when someone says something to provoke others. I listed those animes because they're popular (and to recap, animes get popular because they're good), so by saying they're the worst animes ever watched, that means - yep - it's trolling.

So here's the clincher - why did I say those animes? Because I was pointing out the concept of trolling in this thread. Goodness, that was hard, wasn't it? The last thing I pointed out was that popular (good) animes are in fact, good, and for hating them for no reason, you're either a troll(!) or you hate (good) anime.

Asking you to understand this, or understanding anything whatsoever would be way too much, so I guess I should've made this short and simply called you a dumbass for missing the point. But hey, I at least tried :(

But wait! Would you have preferred I said an older popular anime like Macross or Gundam or maybe Astro Boy to ascertain the fact that I indeed realize that anime has been around for way older than 2007? I guess so, because that's apparently the only part you're capable of grasping.

Maybe you'll humor me with a last word or maybe this'll get deleted. Oh well :)
gcJun 22, 2008 3:57 PM
Jun 22, 2008 4:02 PM

Apr 2008
gc said:
Plate said:
gc said:
Foggle said:
gc said:

It figures someone of your intelligence would come to that conclusion, but no, that's not what I meant at all. Those animes are popular, and why are they popular? Because they're good. That's why anime gets popular.

Hating on said popular animes without even explaining why is trolling. I realize this is hard to understand for you, so to explain, trolling is when someone says something to provoke others. I listed those animes because they're popular (and to recap, animes get popular because they're good), so by saying they're the worst animes ever watched, that means - yep - it's trolling.

So here's the clincher - why did I say those animes? Because I was pointing out the concept of trolling in this thread. Goodness, that was hard, wasn't it? The last thing I pointed out was that popular (good) animes are in fact, good, and for hating them for no reason, you're either a troll(!) or you hate (good) anime.

Asking you to understand this, or understanding anything whatsoever would be way too much, so I guess I should've made this short and simply called you a dumbass for missing the point. But hey, I at least tried :(

But wait! Would you have preferred I said an older popular anime like Macross or Gundam or maybe Astro Boy to ascertain the fact that I indeed realize that anime has been around for way older than 2007? I guess so, because that's apparently the only part you're capable of grasping.

Lol, nice job getting angry on the internet. How many times did you flame me in that rant?
Jun 22, 2008 4:16 PM

Sep 2007
Beat the vandal buster and lucky star.

My friend was really into beat the vandal buster.
I couldn't take it after the first few episodes.
Shity music, a girl who likes the main character but is in denial for no reason,
and whack main character, sub par animation, and lame action.

Lucky star is just about some school girls talking about random stuff randomly.
I like random stuff just as much as the next guy but at least give me some story.
Lucky star is not really the shittiest I've ever seen. But I hate that so many people like
it. Plus I wanna be cool. So there I said it!!! !(x.x)!

Also post 937 ftw?

Jun 22, 2008 5:45 PM

Dec 2007
Rairuko said:
Hamtaro

Weird Characters and strange plot

Hamtaro? Oh, c'mon. How can you hate something so.. inoffensive? I actually saw an episode or two back in the day and found it kinda cute. Stupid but cute. Can't fault a kid's show for that.
Jun 22, 2008 6:50 PM

Jun 2008
One of the first anime shows I saw was Chobits and it was awful. I watched it because a friend told me it was a cool show about a cyborg so I figured that it was going to be an awesome sci-fi/action show so I watched the entire series waiting for that girl to bust out the laser eyes and break heads. It never happens, she just like gets a boring job and does a lot of boring shit.
Jun 22, 2008 7:26 PM

Apr 2008
Eureka 7, I don't know why it's famous but I dropped the series after watching EP 7.

Jun 22, 2008 7:33 PM

Jan 2008
Bamby said:
Texhnolyze. My first thought was that you need an ecstasy to "understand" it... XD

maelstromb said:
mu-chan said:
Dragonball. Pretty pointless and it just goes on and on.
I never watched more than 2 episodes.

Thank you ! Someone finally agrees with me ;<<

also Ah My Goddess.. I officially fell asleep ~

When I was a kid I liked it... now it's boring. -_-

17 really isn't that old you know.>.>

Besides I never understood the idea of calling an anime pointless. >__>
GunbladewarriorJun 22, 2008 7:38 PM
Jun 22, 2008 7:38 PM
May 2008
One Piece.
Fucking never ending.
Jun 22, 2008 9:40 PM

Oct 2007
Blood +

I mean, really, why do people like it? =O
Jun 23, 2008 12:07 AM

Jun 2008
gc said:

so it looks like you pretended to troll in order to provoke yourself and then you got angry.

also, to plate, i commend your avatar. Dr. Strangelove is hands down my favorite film of all time.

edit: i guess it's also worth noting that this is an anime hate thread...in other words, it's a pissing contest to see who can be the most pretentious by hating the most popular anime, which is fine. enjoy it, it's fun.
Jun 23, 2008 10:26 PM

Dec 2007
Uh, I'm just going to say sorry. I feel bad.

I just think people are so needlessly harsh and sometimes for all the wrong reasons.
Jun 24, 2008 1:44 AM

Mar 2008
this really aha turned into "the anime you didn't like" thread, not the worst anime ever watched thread.

oh, Galerions Rion or whatever, truly awful. i think i alraedy mentioned it, but Reign: The Conqueror remains as the asboilute worst anime i've ever laid eyes upon.
Jun 24, 2008 3:43 AM
May 2007
Okay, Ragnarok has just been one-upped. Happiness! is now number one for me. =(
Jun 24, 2008 5:03 AM

Jun 2008
The worst anime I've ever seen was Apocalypse Zero. I had to turn it off after 10 minutes.
Jun 24, 2008 5:48 AM
Mar 2008
I remember I couldn't stand Shakugan no Shana. I have completed three episodes and I didn't find any pleasure in watching them -.-'. I also don't like shoujo so I dropped for example D.N.Angel or Peach Girl after seeing 1st ep.
------
Jun 24, 2008 7:51 AM

Mar 2008
Cero said:
One Piece.
Fucking never ending.

hehe try watching Detective conan, that really never ends....
Jun 24, 2008 10:42 AM

Jun 2008
Why so many people dissing on Ikkitousen. That show was awesome. 1 million times better than Tenjou Tenge. Which i couldn't even bear finishing.

Jun 24, 2008 6:47 PM

Sep 2007
Brain Powerd... now that's just bad~

Nonsensical plot, retards characters, poor animations/sound you name it
Jun 24, 2008 7:02 PM

Nov 2007
M_A said:
this really aha turned into "the anime you didn't like" thread, not the worst anime ever watched thread.

Well, 'worst' is a subjective opinion. Of course it will be people listing anime they didn't like. That's the nature of the topic. Nothing particularly strange about that. But yeah, the thread has degraded a bit with people evidently hating on popular shows to try to provoke a reaction.

However, there are popular shows I've disliked. Eva being a prime example. Eureka 7, too. It just felt like a poor Eva wannabe to me, and having already disliked Eva, I couldn't like E7 either. Yet both are really popular. Am I trolling saying I dislike them? No. I'm just stating my opinion that I didn't enjoy watching them. I'm not simply saying 'they sucked so bad' and I could get in to detail about what I disliked about them, but that's not the theme of this thread.

This isn't simply about series I dislike. I've seen quite a bit of anime, and my 'worst' series still stands at Star Ocean EX, as I've already said many pages ago. It's the only series ranked one on my list, and will probably forever stay there as the only one, as I seriously doubt it's possible for any studio to make something as bad. It's my personally lowest ranked series, which to me, makes it the worst anime I've ever watched. That's the point of this thread.

Everybody is entitled to their opinions. But it would be nice if they did actually properly voice them, listing the lowest ranked series on their list as the general concept of this thread is about.
Jun 24, 2008 7:19 PM
Jul 2018
Asako said:
'worst' is a subjective opinion.

well, I was arguing with someone else on a similar topic in some CG forum thread but we're dealing with a perception of quality here and that isn't something that's totally subjective like you're implying. There can be good and bad stories -- this isn't entirely subjective as things like development, depth, and plot structure are rather quantifiable. Animation and music quality can be good and bad. I don't think I need to explain this.

I realize that this is a topic about the worst anime we've seen and given the amount of anime some people have seen, they might not have much to select from but even if I dislike something, I can take a step back and realize that something with infinitely worse animation (in terms of frame fluidity and detail), a non-existent musical score, emotionless seiyuu (and no, I'm not talking about the exceptions where that works like silent moe characters), cardboard cut-out characters, and a plot that is a total mess with atrocious writing is of a lower quality than something like NGE even if I absolutely despise the series.

I wouldn't call something the worst based purely on personal biases. I would say I hate and dislike it heavily but that's not necessarily an indication of quality.
Jun 24, 2008 7:22 PM

Jun 2008
Glass Fleet, the only anime I ever dropped.
Jun 24, 2008 7:27 PM

Nov 2007
Brian333 said:

I wouldn't call something the worst based purely on personal biases. I would say I hate and dislike it heavily but that's not necessarily an indication of quality.

But isn't that what drives likes and dislikes? The overall quality of a series? All elements have to fall together to make a series top notch; animation (art, animation, character design, background depth etc) sound from score, sound effects and seiyuu. The story, with characterisation, plot, pacing and overall storytelling.

All of them should combine to make a series enjoyable or not. Some series do it all well, some series do one or two aspects well but fall behind on others, and then there's Star Ocean EX, which utterly fails on every front.

I've been forgiving of series with poor animation and mediocre music, because the story was compelling and well paced. I've loved some series for their animation and scoring even when the stories have fallen a bit short. I dislike other series when few or no elements particularly take my fancy.

Enjoyment, and scoring, is totally subjective. Everybody enjoys different elements in different ways. That's why we have wild scoring deviations on lists. What some people think is good quality, others don't. Very few viewers are film critics who can look at everything objectively and say "Well, I don't like it, but it is well done." if they don't like it, they'll say it sucks. Scoring, and opinions of best and worst, will reflect that.
Jun 24, 2008 8:04 PM
Jul 2018
Asako said:
But isn't that what drives likes and dislikes? The overall quality of a series?

Seeing as how you're an active poster around here, you honestly believe such a thing? Yea, quality makes something easier to like but even things with amazing animation, great stories, masterful musical scores, great seiyuus find a way to be hated, despised, and degraded in someone's mind.

For me, yea, whether or not I hate or like something is going to be largely due to the quality of it. But I don't think everyone is on that page (and especially in this thread). I never said that wasn't how I approached anime.

Asako said:
Enjoyment, and scoring, is totally subjective. Everybody enjoys different elements in different ways. That's why we have wild scoring deviations on lists. What some people think is good quality, others don't. Very few viewers are film critics who can look at everything objectively and say "Well, I don't like it, but it is well done."

I'll agree that enjoyment is almost entirely subjective but quality, something that isn't very subjective, is something that puts us in a position to have a reaction like enjoyment. A rating should be a score encompassing all elements. Not merely your biased response to those elements.

I've watched plenty of anime that I didn't particularly enjoy for whatever reason but have still had the clarity of mind to applaud the quality of its many elements. It didn't work out for me but that doesn't mean it wasn't a good anime and it definately doesn't mean it was the worst anime.

Asako said:
if they don't like it, they'll say it sucks. Scoring, and opinions of best and worst, will reflect that.

So yea, if it comes down to that, then it isn't necessarily about a form of quality that words like best and worst would describe. It becomes hate and biases or fanboyism.
Jun 24, 2008 9:49 PM

May 2008
5 is the lowest score ive given any anime
and thats Hellsing :/
Jun 24, 2008 11:17 PM

Jun 2008
Angel Blade. It sucked as a hentai and it sucked as a regular anime

Jul 21, 2008 6:21 PM

Jun 2008
I'm probably going to get killed for saying this but the worst anime I have finished is...Fooly Cooly
Jul 21, 2008 6:24 PM

Jul 2008
Either Eureka Seven or The Vision of Escaflowne.
Jul 21, 2008 6:34 PM
Jul 2008
Strawberry Panic
Blood +
Eureka 7

I'm literally forcing myself to watch them. I'll feel left out if I don't. xD

Oh yeah, & Kiddy Grade, after 2 eps. I was done for life!
Jul 21, 2008 6:49 PM

Apr 2008
hirahira said:
I'm probably going to get killed for saying this but the worst anime I have finished is...Fooly Cooly

May I have your address, please?
Jul 21, 2008 7:12 PM
Nov 2007
Witch Hunter Robin.. Just about every aspect of the show sucked for me.
Pages (141) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7179 by ljaylotti »»
9 minutes ago

» What is the greatest spoiler of all time in anime?

SgtBateMan - 9 hours ago

16 by SgtBateMan »»
11 minutes ago

» Digitalization of the modern world and anime

RobertBobert - Yesterday

39 by BeastyAnimefan »»
27 minutes ago

Poll: » The most overrated characters that everyone loves ( 1 2 3 )

Lizz_Aleister - Dec 1, 2020

102 by LoveYourEyes »»
34 minutes ago

» The best 3 animes you've ever seen? ( 1 2 )

Hachii13 - Mar 5

76 by Hitagi__Furude »»
36 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.