Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2012 1:33 AM
Jan 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Geez... How can he stand up, jump and shot with a fucking shot in the face? ¬¬

It is like Shuiya said, a freaking horror movie.
Dec 14, 2013 11:37 PM

Oct 2013
hes like backflipping everywhere and shit
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Nov 29, 2015 1:10 AM

Nov 2012
The author has to be trolling us at this point. Dude looks like a zombie now , he's contorting his body at really weird angles and doing perfect acrobatic jumps with ridiculous gun accuracy ..

I don't care if he somehow got shot through the empty space in his brain.. if you get shot through pretty much anywhere in your brain you would think the force of the bullet from a gun would be enough to simply cause the surrounding areas of the brain to explode/turn to mush.

Even if there was some logical explanation for him surviving them headshot , he shouldn't be able to move around like that after jumping out of a moving car , getting shot in the chest with a damn shotgun (even though he had bullet proof vest still should have been a major shock of impact) ..

Kiriyama really should have died when Mimura set that bomb off anyway. Was way too stupid for him to have found a car and time to get into the vehicle and close the door all in the split second he saw the bomb scooting towards him. AND for the car itself to have not exploded.
Feb 26, 2017 11:40 PM

May 2012
This manga is so dumb. The author must think everyone is retarded. There is no way in hell Kiriyama would be able to do that much.
I despise woke people.
Sep 4, 2017 7:12 PM

Jun 2016
This manga is amazing, Kiriyama is not. He's hands down one of the worst antagonists I've like ever seen. Just because he was raised like a prodigy by a rich family, and he was in car crash where his mom died and he got brain damage and to protect himself, he removed emotion from his brain, filling it with form and function, does not mean he literally turned into a cyborg. This man has survived Mimura's insane explosion, enough to destroy an entire building, has killed everyone with teleporting skills, hot wired a car in a millisecond, put the moves on an Olympic Judo guy from reading a book, and learned what it took Sugimura years to master by mimicking him. He's like a walking insult to the intelligence of the reader, and this shit with him diving out of a car without anyone noticing with all of his guns, and doing back flips and shooting after getting a bullet in his face really perpetuates my theory that he's the grim reaper symbolized, walking death, the harsh cycle of life, and he's not meant to be perceived as anything remotely near human. This is unlike Mitsuko and most of the 'antagonists' who are beautifully characterized as humans. Like, I'm speechless. He brings great action scenes to this manga, my favorite I've ever seen in anime or manga or nearly anything else quite honestly, and the themes surrounding him of a monster being made not born, and the exploration of that idea with the other people who played, it's all amazing, but he is inexcusably horrible. I cannot believe what a horrible character he has been. Everything about him on a personal level goes against what, to me, is the point of this manga, exploring human nature on a deep individual level, seeing what makes a person and what makes them do what they do, rather the broad what does a person do on a fundamental level.

Ugh. Anyways, I really liked the first chapter and the action segments as action, not as good story writing, and that all stopped after his car exploded and he was still alive and ready to kill everyone. It especially ended when he backflipped like a zombie robot. And did Kawada seriously find and have the keys to a government stash of cars? No one else would that or the key? That feels very contrived, and I get it's for rule of cool, and to have a sick car chase, and it would be fine it the rest of this volume wasn't so outrageous, but it was.
Two bits I really did like however, was both the detail of Kawada killing in the windshield so that he wouldn't have to 'dodge glass' despite never truly needing to of done that, and the fact that it took three suspenseful clips to blow up Kiriyama's car. That line about how they killed him before Kawada finished his cigarette was badass.

Back to the first chapter though, I loved how it showed us Shuuya's mindset on a level we haven't seen before. The game is about fear, and for someone who hadn't already lost everything like Shu, or someone that has lost everything and never gotten help, it forces them to react, not think. The little moments where Kawada complimented him, and asked for a private concert in America were adorable, I especially liked that entire conversation about where they should escape to. Kawada really described Shuuya well, for concepts most people accept as abstract, Shuuya truly breaths and lives truth and justice. It was an adorable and happy calm before the storm.

I also loved so so so much, the moment where they crossed Mimura's bomb site and we saw his body in the funeral position Shu left him in, as he said that this will have to be Shuuya's clutch shot this time. Mimura is still my favorite character, Mitsuko may be my second but I would have to give it more thought. I explained why I liked Mimura's death so much in a previous post(here), and that has only grown with the fact that his death, and the light house situation both were exactly what Shuuya idolized. Both doing the right thing, caring about your friends, having faith, and making a move, as well as the concept of coming together out of good nature, to take care of and have trust and faith in each other. And both came crushing down in his face, forcing him to reconsider what he thinks human nature is. This was beautifully crushing, both instances were the epitome of what Shuuya defined as what he wanted. It was beautiful and I love Mimura so much. So with all that in mind, I really liked that panel.

Overall, that volume had amazing action, sub par writing in that action logically speaking and really stupid writing in Kiriyama's character. Apart from really enjoying the first chapter, that was a weak volume. I feel like the strongest part of this manga was the middle, with some weaker volumes early on and later.
May 4, 2018 9:18 PM

Mar 2015
It pisses me off how the writing become so dumb after Kiriyama pretty much become the main villain. Like shit. He's a fucking zombie + magikarp now.

May 16, 2021 6:32 PM

Jan 2020
deep down, I don't doubt that one of the three will win but at the same time, Kiri is just soo overpowered it's crazy

May 17, 2021 5:13 AM
Nov 2019
I thought they will show kiriyama wearing kars mask and becoming invincible in the backstory.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Battle Royale Chapter 69 Discussion

JXEcute - Apr 6, 2012

9 by psygol »»
Mar 27, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Battle Royale Chapter 63 Discussion

InKensify - Feb 12, 2011

21 by psygol »»
Mar 21, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Battle Royale Chapter 119 Discussion ( 1 2 )

psygol - Feb 16, 2009

53 by ZugarCupK »»
Feb 16, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Battle Royale Chapter 27 Discussion

magelet - May 6, 2009

14 by BurntFlower »»
Jul 31, 2023 7:45 PM

Poll: » Battle Royale Chapter 93 Discussion

Mystic_Spirit - May 27, 2009

28 by Mirinkaiser »»
Jun 29, 2023 2:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.