Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 13, 2012 8:35 AM

Oct 2008
I mean one big question is.... I can undestand why Shu became blind - which is because Inori was blind - I think it is related to that but the big question in my head is...

Was Shu collecting all the void or returning all the void?

Because for one thing, if he is collecting all the void, then if he dies all the people will die as well, but Yahiro wouldn't be able to sense his presence about being the savior . If he is returning all the void, which explains Yahiro and the other girl feeling his presence, then it contradicts his line saying that "I can feel everyone's hearts".

What do you guys think?
PS I want opinion, not some spam saying THIS SHOW SUCKS etc...

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 13, 2012 12:33 PM
Feb 2012
The end of the show- or rather that particular scene- is really vague. As you said yourself, we can only guess what really happened. Did he collect all the voids and cleansed them? Made them "pure" again thus giving people back their hearts without the possibility of being drawn again?

I, for one, think that he destroyed the void side of the hearts and changed them back in what they truly are - hearts. Shu destroyed the concept of voids and took all the bad away from the world (or rather Inori did; fuck you again whoever was responsible for that atrocious scene). Now people all over the world can live their lives happily without having to worry about voids, void genomes or the crystalized cancer.
The idea of that is a good one, I suppose but would have been way better if both Shu and Inori survived. Technically speaking the chances of a sequel should be somewhere around 0 because there are- according to my own personal theory- no voids anymore. Feel free to agree or disagree with me.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 13, 2012 2:39 PM

Aug 2009
I think that maybe he did both?
I remember Shu saying that he can choose to keep the cancer if he wanted.
So I assume that he took everyone's cancer and gave them their voids/hearts back.
Apr 13, 2012 5:38 PM

Nov 2011
He was collecting all the voids since we saw Daryl's void being flown toward Shu. Voids were a result of the Apocalyptic Virus. No Virus , then no voids. They probably sensed something like some sort of weight being let off their shoulders due to their voids disappearing which in turn led Yahiro to believe Shu's absorbing the all the Apocalyptic Crystals and Voids.
Apr 13, 2012 6:29 PM
Apr 2012
In my opinion I think they left that topic open and unexplained just so the viewers could imagine on their own what happened. It's what most do, makes quite a bit less work for them, and gives people a reason to discuss the show.

But if your looking for a more solid theory, most people say that Shu went blind because he basically "traded" with Inori, when she saved him and he took her "Soul" or whatever you wanna call it. A trade-off basically (this might also explain why he sees her at the end, they basically have each others souls). Or there is the other theory that Shu went blind as a way to remember Inori forever. All up to you.
Apr 14, 2012 12:08 AM
Feb 2012
Frankly... I think the writers didn't add any reason because they suck at their job, and/or are lazy, or were trying to do some "we just assume you know what's going on because of what's happening" moment.

I've accepted the ending for what it is, but that doesn't mean I like it any more than when I first saw it. For once I wanted the Protagonist to die, and that one time I want it.... he lives. *facepalm*

Basically this show's ending was a pretty big flop - Shu absorbed all of the Virus, thus ridding the world of the Voids, including his own. As I recall, the void genomes were made based off the virus, so no virus, no voids, no void genome, no powers.

Inori handed him her soul(?) and sacrificed herself to save him. Sure, it's a sign that she truly loved him, that she wanted him to live but frankly, there ARE situations where death is a better alternative...... This would be one of them.

The ending sucked, brought my 7 rating of the show to a 4; you can have an amazing show with the best story, visuals, audio, but if you absolutely destroy it in the end like what was done here, it degrades the quality of the whole more than anything. Leaving a bittersweet feeling is not how I like to have a show end, but in this case it'd be a better alternative than the rage/confusion this show leaves people with.
Apr 14, 2012 8:51 PM

Feb 2011
You guys see what Inori handed Shu right? Besides a cats cradle its also the red string of fate. Basically Inori traded fates with Shu.
Apr 14, 2012 9:51 PM

May 2010
Omegadark said:
You guys see what Inori handed Shu right? Besides a cats cradle its also the red string of fate. Basically Inori traded fates with Shu.

Considering she probably cannot tie her shoes, it's quite the miracle for her to weave pretty cat's cradle.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 15, 2012 12:52 AM

Feb 2011
Confucius said:
Omegadark said:

Considering she probably cannot tie her shoes, it's quite the miracle for her to weave pretty cat's cradle.

wtf u talkin about
Apr 15, 2012 1:40 AM
Jul 2018
Would it just be easier to assume that Inori sacrificed herself for Shu? He obviously wanted to die with her, which is why he's shocked when she dies alone. In the epilogue he's thankful for his life, and he's enjoying himself. Can we just assume he's blind from that large wreck?
Apr 16, 2012 11:08 AM
Apr 2012
Omegadark said:
Confucius said:
Omegadark said:

wtf u talkin about

She has the IQ of a shovel.
Apr 16, 2012 11:49 AM

Jul 2011
Trav644 said:
Omegadark said:
Confucius said:
Omegadark said:

wtf u talkin about

She has the IQ of a shovel.

and you are basing this on........?
Apr 16, 2012 12:00 PM

Mar 2012
Well my theory is similar to others. Shu was taking all the voids as well as the virus and taking it all inro himself. This way no virus and no voids. Inori then takes all that with her and dies but allows shu to live. I'm not really sure on on the details, this is just my assumption. If anyone can explain it to me better feel free.
Apr 26, 2012 4:00 PM
Dec 2010
My understanding of ending >
I think Inori was beyond help due to Shu arriving late in stopping her body being consumed by Mana and Shu though "I'm gonna cure all and gonna be with her forever (lovers suicide) while Inori played sort of trick on Shu and with her last remaining strength she cured him as much as she could have.
As for taking all "voids" He already did something like that with his friend taking his crystals with his void but he was able give him his void back alone. Thus he did something similar in mass scale using that Eva's power and combo with his void and King's power to take only "bad things"( crystals and side effects of voids ) from others leaving their hearths intact.

Question is how did this whole void thing work in first place > Did something happened to everyone making them to be able to have voids drawn or it was possible without altering humans in process based on that Shu might have ether fixed them back or altered them so that their voids could have never been drawn out of them again and he might have also made them immune to that crystallizations as bonus.
greenmartyApr 26, 2012 4:55 PM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Apr 26, 2012 4:09 PM

Sep 2011
i feel like this was just poor writing on their part

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 27, 2012 8:13 PM
Mar 2012
Maybe he wasn't the so called saviour you all make him out to be, but instead the opposite which could symbolically prove the ending. A withered arm and a blind eye?
sykeeApr 27, 2012 8:17 PM
Apr 27, 2012 8:23 PM

Apr 2011
I think as Shu was taking in everyone's virus, Inori was trading places with Shu. Inori became blind because of her body being destroyed by Mana. Inori then gave Shu what she had left of her body so that he could live. That trading of what she had left made him blind. The whole scene where Inori gave Shu the "Guilty Crown" was the exchange of their current positions.

This is only what I understood out of it.
Apr 28, 2012 10:24 AM

Mar 2012
Jpark said:
I think as Shu was taking in everyone's virus, Inori was trading places with Shu. Inori became blind because of her body being destroyed by Mana. Inori then gave Shu what she had left of her body so that he could live. That trading of what she had left made him blind. The whole scene where Inori gave Shu the "Guilty Crown" was the exchange of their current positions.

This is only what I understood out of it.

That makes better sense to me.
Apr 28, 2012 4:24 PM

May 2010
hmm and what about Daryl they didn't shown him at the end
May 6, 2012 2:47 AM
May 2012
doroszka22 said:

That's exactly what I want to know. Even Arisa Kuhouin. She should be dead after she got shot by UN soldiers.
May 6, 2012 9:33 AM
Apr 2012
Starting to wonder just exactly how Shu escaped?... Shouldn't he of been blind and missing a arm? lol
May 17, 2012 9:31 PM

Feb 2010
JeffreyZin said:
doroszka22 said:

That's exactly what I want to know. Even Arisa Kuhouin. She should be dead after she got shot by UN soldiers.

She was shown at the end after the tower fell down during the scene when everyone was watching the tower collapse. some girl was holding her and you can see that she was probably grazed by a bullet on the side of her stomach area

Trav644 said:
Starting to wonder just exactly how Shu escaped?... Shouldn't he of been blind and missing a arm? lol

while i dont know how he escaped, if you watched the ending where they are celebrating Hare's birthday (even tho shes dead), the camera shot a scene specificaly focusing on his hand showing it was replaced with a metal hand, implying that he has a metal arm to go with it id assume. think about it, im sure that far into the future they probably invented a metal arm that works like a real one (like FMA).
Jan 1, 2013 11:57 AM
Jan 2013
I agree with what most of you guys are saying and just wanted to add that in the song playing at the end (when Inori sacrificed her self to save Shu) the last part of this song says:

To stay with you always
You’re the world to me, and dream on
So you can take my soul for you
How do you feel, so fine
You’re the world to me, and dream on
You stole my heart so long ago
Oh I release my soul
So you feel my song

so clearly she gave him her soul in exchange to save him from dying with her.
May 11, 2013 11:10 PM
May 2012
crystalsoul said:
She was shown at the end after the tower fell down during the scene when everyone was watching the tower collapse. some girl was holding her and you can see that she was probably grazed by a bullet on the side of her stomach area

- I mean I wonder what's next for that stupid cunt Arisa (I know why I'm saying that word). Possibly she's committed suicide (Harakiri) during the epilogue.

- As for Daryl Yan, possibly he's stayed dead.

- As for Kenji's betrayal, he shouldn't joined the undertaker in the first place & I really couldn't trust him whatsoever! Fuck HIM & ROT IN HELL literally (Shibungi finally kills him at the end -SPOILERS-)!

I can't believe why are these plotholes & loose ends really makes me wanna 'kill' myself despite over-emotional in every anime that I watched & I don't care IF this show sucks (Cause some people said so)...
JafriZinMay 14, 2013 5:51 AM
May 31, 2013 6:01 AM
Jan 2010
The ending was very good, but very sorry for Inori.
Fortunately Arisa survived.
yuichi333May 31, 2013 7:08 AM
Jun 14, 2013 5:06 PM
Feb 2013
As Shu...
I'd rather die with Inori instead of living sadly and blind the rest of my life :(
CheatrealJun 14, 2013 5:13 PM
Jun 14, 2013 5:23 PM

Apr 2012
well, besides those things she had to die anyway, she was a part of shu's sister that died so i feel like inori had to die too.
Jul 16, 2013 10:12 PM
Jul 2013
GuiltyKing said:
The end of the show- or rather that particular scene- is really vague. As you said yourself, we can only guess what really happened. Did he collect all the voids and cleansed them? Made them "pure" again thus giving people back their hearts without the possibility of being drawn again?

I, for one, think that he destroyed the void side of the hearts and changed them back in what they truly are - hearts. Shu destroyed the concept of voids and took all the bad away from the world (or rather Inori did; fuck you again whoever was responsible for that atrocious scene). Now people all over the world can live their lives happily without having to worry about voids, void genomes or the crystalized cancer.
The idea of that is a good one, I suppose but would have been way better if both Shu and Inori survived. Technically speaking the chances of a sequel should be somewhere around 0 because there are- according to my own personal theory- no voids anymore. Feel free to agree or disagree with me.

I totally agree with ur opinion. It's so sad that Inori had to sacrefice her life N yea,,, damn the one who is resposible for that scene.
Aug 9, 2013 8:50 AM

Jan 2012
So after a day or so wallowing in sadness, I decided I'd figure this thing out ... so how I see the picture:

After fight with Gai, Shu got his original Kings Power on top of his new one, essentially doubling it, this coupled with his realization that he will not be coming back from this made Kings Power exceptionally strong. So strong in fact that he could capture all the voids on the planet, along with Apocalypse virus.
Now for a bit of speculation - there was no one in the entire anime except for Shu who had both the Apocalypse virus AND an active void in hand. Coupled with the fact that destruction of Void causes host to crystallize, I would say that they cancel each other out if permitted to do so by Shu. This leads me to believe that after absorbing all the voids and all the virus - they canceled each other out by crystallizing in his body, and not damaging the original host.
Now the Inori part comes in, where she hands him the red string, which actually is her life thread, just woven from its circular double helix into a cute little figure shes giving him, essentially giving him her life. This makes his death become her death.
Thus we have no more voids - which is shown by him having a metal arm instead of a void arm, and no Apocalypse virus (or obvious evidence of it) ...
What baffles me is his blindness ... why was it transferred ?... But I guess the circumstances were exceptional enough to allow a few unexplained puzzles here and there ;)

Ahh, that was nice to get off my chest ^_^
The anime was absolutely amazing, a must see
And that part wherey Hare comforting Shu and telling him about his good points ... *sigh*
Aug 9, 2013 4:56 PM
Sep 2012
^^^^

Your theory is similiar to mine.And about the blindness ;

If you go over your theory and remember the scene where Shu and Inori was met at the end , Inori wasn't able to see Shu.Even tho they where nose to nose , she was like "Shu is that you" which is pointing out that she was blind on that moment after all the crap happened to her.

Within that , when she gave Shu her lifespan or soul or however you call it , she gave him what she got left in her on that moment....Which wasnt a pair of working eyes but her blind eyes...
Aug 14, 2013 5:09 AM

Jan 2012
Yeah, that's what I am thinking, the question is however - why is she blind ? Yes, a lot happened to her, yes she was about to disappear etc. and yes it's a very "nitty-gritty" question, but won't it make more sense for her to lose a more critical function, than eyesight - it seems very random to me.
Very Illogical. If she couldn't walk, or move, or was unconscious or something, paralyzed with crystals or something ... But eyesight is something that disappears after you lose your muscle control, in this case anyway ...
That's the only baffling thing for me after the anime was over and I had my fill of sadness :D
Aug 28, 2013 9:46 PM
Jul 2009
Shu's character: His dual personality is that of his kindheartedness and his sudden understanding of Gai, who he tries to become, out of respect for his resolve.
Inori: She is only aware of the things going on around her, and especially Shu. Her selflessness finally becomes her moral compass. Wasn't it interesting to see her transformation back in episode 18 or so?

It is true love. When one of them makes a wish to be saved(usually from their very own minds) the other will do so out of mutual interest. Their love is so mutual that, in the end, understanding Shu's tragic and chronic behavior, saves him from himself one last time.
A creeper. You have been warned ~
Sep 17, 2013 4:01 PM

May 2013
The theory that shu absorbed the viruses and got rid of voids while giving back their hearts was my initial understanding as well. I think many agree the ending would have been better if they both died or lived based on the fact that its more romantic..or something like that. However, one of them was destined to die, so in turn since that person was shu, as many have said, Inori traded fates with shoe because she loved him and wanted him to continue living. One important thing that isn't really considered is that the Japanese do not go with happy or perfect endings as much as, per se, hollywood/America.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
Sep 17, 2013 4:40 PM

Aug 2013
Many people think in the end Inori gave her life to Shu,and that's why Shu became blind, but that's not exactly true. What really happened is, at least to me ( re-watched this anime like 6-7 times).
Shu decided to absorb all the cancers/voids and become the savior,
( Inori giving Shu her life theory is not exactly accurate because there is no reason for her to do that, Shu wasn't dead, in the last episode we can see that even if the person is all covered with the cancer, they weren't dead when Shu had taken away from them, which means Shu wasn't dead when they were completely covered within the cancers).
But before he had completely absorbs them and actually dies with it, Inori gave him the cat's cradle, which is her void ( not exactly her life for him to survive or anything like that), and Shu accept and absorbs her void. Afterward, instead of letting Shu takes all the cancers and die with it, Inori took on the role of taking the cancers herself, and we all know what happened next... T-T... only if she hadn't LOVED him so much...to do something like that... why T-T
And then of course, Shu became blind because he has Inori's void, and from previous episodes we know that he had the ability to absorb and retain whatever is in the void as long he has possession of it.
The ending scene... T-T with Inori in Shu's arm probably resembles her void being inside him since the void is kind of like her heart since that's how the explained in the earlier episodes. So basically he can see again if he just discard Inori's void but since it said "few years later" he might be over 18, and in this story people over 18 can't have void powers. But like even if he could, he probably would rather die with it than throwing it away, that void to him is probably much more precious than his own life.
Sep 20, 2013 1:06 PM
Sep 2013
After reading these reviews I watched the series again to compare them. I found something really interesting. Everyone remember Guy's void? Its a void that forces over voids to manifest. If when Guy died/left Shu gained the king's power as well as his void then that explains why he was able to bring out the voids of everyone(Guy's void) and bare them all(Shu's void).

Why is Shu blind? Because Inori was blind? No, thats pure coincidence. Do you think he could absorb eclipse and void from everyone and everything yet not suffer SOME side effect? He may be the king but hes no god. Even if Inori took his place, hes not getting off scot-free. The Hero saving the world and surviving everything without a scratch thing died off long ago.

As for Inori in the last scene. There's no more eclipse, void or anything such. Death is final. The only thing he has that makes him feel close to her is her music. Now that hes blind and therefore has increased hearing, its even more special to him.
Sep 23, 2013 11:42 PM

May 2013
Rinroken said:
After reading these reviews I watched the series again to compare them. I found something really interesting. Everyone remember Guy's void? Its a void that forces over voids to manifest. If when Guy died/left Shu gained the king's power as well as his void then that explains why he was able to bring out the voids of everyone(Guy's void) and bare them all(Shu's void).

Why is Shu blind? Because Inori was blind? No, thats pure coincidence. Do you think he could absorb eclipse and void from everyone and everything yet not suffer SOME side effect? He may be the king but hes no god. Even if Inori took his place, hes not getting off scot-free. The Hero saving the world and surviving everything without a scratch thing died off long ago.

As for Inori in the last scene. There's no more eclipse, void or anything such. Death is final. The only thing he has that makes him feel close to her is her music. Now that hes blind and therefore has increased hearing, its even more special to him.

this is a very good point. That explains how he was able to do what he did. as for the being blind, who knows, maybe coincidence, maybe not, that was clearly left to be interpreted how we want it to be. I also strongly agree with the music thing. imagine how hard it would be living without the one you love with nothing but a picture in your mind and the harmony of her voice in your ears.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Sep 25, 2013 4:08 PM
Sep 2013
A lot of people were disappointed at the ending, I for one am one of them. What is the deal of having such a tragic ending. Why did Inori have to die and why does Shu become a crippled man. After watching it and having an entire day to ponder about it, I have decided to come up with my own opinion about what really happened at the end.

Lets start with Who exactly is Inori?
-At the beginning we are introduced to her as a Member of the Funeral Parlor. She was more than capable of handling hostile situations by herself, however she was completely emotionless and could only follow orders. As the story goes on, we find out that she was originally created by GHQ to house Mana's consciousness. Inori said it herself that he had nothing and that Gai was the one who gave her, her name. As the story continues Inori's character begins to change. After meeting with Shu, her personality changes from an emotionless empty shell to a being with feelings. She also gains the power the think and choose for herself (When Shu was the king of the school and Argo asked Inori if she was just following order, she stated that she chose it). Towards the end, Inori stated that Shu was the person that showed her the good and bad of the world. Essentially Shu is the reason why Inori is not a "fake" person, but instead she is her own person. This means that Shu is the person that gave life the Inori's character.

Many people said that Inori sacrificed herself in-order to save Shu, however i don't completely agree with this. Firstly Shu is the one that saves Inori by giving her the ability to feel and to become her own person. So to Inori, Shu had already saved her life from her fate of being just an empty shell to hold Mana's conscience. To the scene where Inori offers Shu the red string (in my opinion is her heart), he takes it as her body floats further away and in the end dies. Regardless of her body dying, her heart (the red string) still lives within Shu (The only evidence I can think of is that Shu's void had the ability to absorb other people's voids and their conditions, at the end Inori is BLIND so when Shu accepts Inori's Void/heart he also accepts her condition of being Blind. If this is true, Inori's heart is still alive inside of Shu.

-If you can recall Season1 OP song "so, everything that makes me whole, I offer it all to you. I’m yours," her body was never originally hers but her heart, the feeling that Shu helped build was the only thing that was hers. So in the end Inori literally gives Shu everything that makes her whole (her heart). [Regardless Shu's goal was to get rid of all voids and crystal virus in the world, since Inori's body is a clone of Mana's that means that her body is also apart of the virus since Mana is Eve. Nevertheless, Inori's body would have to die in order to cleanse the world of the virus.]

This makes the final scene even more heart warming. Some people believe Shu is imagining Inori and embracing her, but if my opinion of the ending was true, then Shu is actually embracing Inori. They may not be embracing each-other physically, but since Inori's heart is inside of Shu they will always be together.

Isn't that what love truly is, something beyond the physical?
AznAnime3Sep 27, 2013 9:28 PM
Sep 26, 2013 9:47 PM

May 2013
that's another good point. I never thought of it like that. its not as tragic in that sense, and that would also make sense why she floated away when giving him the cats cradle. That would make living after all that much less painful if that is the case
Oct 15, 2013 12:53 AM
Oct 2013
Everyone has great points. I like them all. Here's something no one mentioned. This anime was sorta based off of Adam and Eve. In the story of Adam and Eve, before they bit the apple, they were blind, unable to see sins so being blind meant that they were innocent. Since Inori went blind at the end, she became the true Eve. Mana was the sinful Eve that was rejected by Shu (Adam). Inori gave Shu her heart, therefore becoming one with Shu (I guess). If you think about it, it's like the story of Adam and Eve played in reverse.

This anime is easily one of my favorites despite all the bad reviews, plot holes, and tragic ending. I think its because the main protagonist was simply just a human being who is destined to have unfortunate outcomes no matter what he does. I love that the reason why Inori loved Shu was because he was "heartbreakingly human".
Oct 18, 2013 10:12 PM

May 2013
phingo said:
Everyone has great points. I like them all. Here's something no one mentioned. This anime was sorta based off of Adam and Eve. In the story of Adam and Eve, before they bit the apple, they were blind, unable to see sins so being blind meant that they were innocent. Since Inori went blind at the end, she became the true Eve. Mana was the sinful Eve that was rejected by Shu (Adam). Inori gave Shu her heart, therefore becoming one with Shu (I guess). If you think about it, it's like the story of Adam and Eve played in reverse.

This anime is easily one of my favorites despite all the bad reviews, plot holes, and tragic ending. I think its because the main protagonist was simply just a human being who is destined to have unfortunate outcomes no matter what he does. I love that the reason why Inori loved Shu was because he was "heartbreakingly human".

well said
Oct 18, 2013 10:46 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
phingo said:

Agreed, I also love this anime even though I accept that it had plot holes and not the greatest plot. I especially agree with the part you mentioned about why Inori loves Shu, it's my favorite quote from the anime. Inori and Shu's unconditional and platonic love for each other is very beautfiul, and it's one of the things that GC did so well with, despite not being the main focus.

On topic a little, I really like what you said about the reverse Adam and Eve as well as "blind=innocence". Nice insight.

There's also something that I haven't seen people mentioned yet, which is that the pattern of Inori's cat's cradle is called "Jacob's Ladder" (it has other names as well but that's not important). Since I thought it sounded like it could refer to something in the Bible, I decided to search it up. According to Wikipedia, "Jacob's Ladder is a ladder to heaven that the biblical Patriarch Jacob dreams about...." I'm not great with analysis, so maybe someone could give me a hand here with this? I honestly think it's not a coincidence and must mean something (especially with all the Christian symbolism in GC), though I could be just overthinking it. Perhaps since Inori is the one giving it to Shu, it could also mean that Shu is being forgiven, relieved of his sins.
tingyOct 18, 2013 10:52 PM
Oct 25, 2013 8:35 PM
Oct 2013
see i loved the show but WTF of a gay ass ending
Nov 3, 2013 12:56 PM

Jan 2012
Guys, the reason he got blind was because "if" he ever gets the power of the king again. He wouldn't be able to look into their eyes and take their void. Remember that the main thing into taking other peoples voids was looking into their eyes, but since he's blind he can't do it.
ValenciaDec 29, 2014 2:50 AM
Nov 5, 2013 8:05 AM

Jun 2010
Valencia said:
Guys, the reason he got blind was because "if" he ever gets the power of the king again. He wouldn't be able to look into their eyes and take their void. Remember that the main thing into taking other peoples voids was looking into their eyes, but since he's blind he do it.

^THIS.
Also, when Shu finally meets Inori, she can't see him anymore due to the progression of the crystals or whatever, so when Shu received her cats cradle (her life) his void made him "absorb" it as well.

Btw, am I the only one who thinks this is just way too similar to TTGL ending?
Nov 19, 2013 10:58 AM

Aug 2012
AznAnime3 said:

-If you can recall Season1 OP song "so, everything that makes me whole, I offer it all to you. I’m yours," her body was never originally hers but her heart, the feeling that Shu helped build was the only thing that was hers. So in the end Inori literally gives Shu everything that makes her whole (her heart). [Regardless Shu's goal was to get rid of all voids and crystal virus in the world, since Inori's body is a clone of Mana's that means that her body is also apart of the virus since Mana is Eve. Nevertheless, Inori's body would have to die in order to cleanse the world of the virus.]

This makes the final scene even more heart warming. Some people believe Shu is imagining Inori and embracing her, but if my opinion of the ending was true, then Shu is actually embracing Inori. They may not be embracing each-other physically, but since Inori's heart is inside of Shu they will always be together.

Isn't that what love truly is, something beyond the physical?

You're awesome bro. well said

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Dec 1, 2013 4:25 PM
Dec 2013
I have not understand something ,If mana was shu's sister why she had same voice with Inori at the end?I was reading the reviews on the forum and someone said that inori was shu's sister but thats faulse isnt it? Inori was created for some reason but gai saved her.then why they choose her to bring back mana?thats what I dont get and after all she has same voice and looks
and looks quite the same ,only when she was a kid her look wasnt the same(thats because she is another person).
AperfectCircle9Dec 1, 2013 4:29 PM
Dec 19, 2013 8:49 PM
Dec 2013
if you guys want to know what happened at the ending after gui was defeated mana was defeated so inori went back and was in control again when you see her walking up and stumbling in the crystal form and how she asks where shu is it was because after shu having mana defeated even thou inori regained control the crystal form stayed and the fight left her blinded so when shu started collecting the void to destroy it when inori held out the cats cradle which was red to represent the string of fate inori took shus place instead of him dieing with inori she took on the burden of dieing alone and letting shu live his life so when they switched places because of her injury from the fight inori's blindness went to shu it was one of the things that he paid for by living and taking her placeand she died as a result of the switch.
Feb 12, 2014 1:56 PM
Feb 2014
Why was Inori blind in the first place?
May 18, 2014 12:07 AM

Jan 2013
Not hating the ending or anything, but I was hoping either they both died or they both lived. That would of satisfied my idea of a perfect ending LOL.....But now the ending is burned within my mind so I can't do anything to forget it =.=

This makes me uncomfortable......

"We are Anonymous, We are Legion, We do not forgive, We do not Forget, Expect Us."

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.