Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 17, 2012 9:06 AM

Feb 2012
one-more-time said:
Bloodcalibur said:
You can look up her replays though and see for yourself. Despite my nitpicky criticism of her mouse control earlier, she's very solid.

I'm not saying she's bad, winning top players and being high in ladder shows that she has something, but is it enough to face the TOP-TOP players, I'd love to see her playing vs Dimaga ZvZ.

It's just when someone new enters the ring.. rises awareness and you're cautious at the beginning, but by the time people start to understand.. "Man, he/she's actually really good at this game".

I think one of the reasons why AuRoRaPMS lost is that that he underestimated her a bit too much. Is there any interview with him about the matches? Might take time and look 'em up, if there is some.

We can go on and on, but only her play and performance in future events will show how good she actually is.

Winning the previous Iron Lady right before the Iron Lady finals with AuRoRaPMS, not to mention all the games required to play throughout both tournaments, I highly doubt she underestimated her. She had an entire tournament to witness her beforehand on top of the current tournament before their meeting in the Finals. How can you underestimate someone who won the previous tournament and met you in the finals of the one you're currently part of?

And then comes the first game where she lost to Scarlett for the first time. It wasn't one game. It was a 2-0 where both games showed absolutely dominant performance. Many people who saw it comment about how it wasn't even close.

As for your other point, yes I agree that it's still left to be seen. She still has a long way to go obviously.
"I will close my eyes and let the darkness be the light that guides me through the path of chaos"

Call me the Jelly Factory. I'm the world's largest producer of jelly.
Apr 17, 2012 10:53 AM

Feb 2010
Bloodcalibur said:
Winning the previous Iron Lady right before the Iron Lady finals with AuRoRaPMS, not to mention all the games required to play throughout both tournaments, I highly doubt she underestimated her.

Oh damn, my fault, thought "AuRoRaPMS" was the guy from IPL she beat. Hate when it happens - writing one thing and having in mind another.
LUL
Apr 17, 2012 4:25 PM

Feb 2012
one-more-time said:
Bloodcalibur said:
Winning the previous Iron Lady right before the Iron Lady finals with AuRoRaPMS, not to mention all the games required to play throughout both tournaments, I highly doubt she underestimated her.

Oh damn, my fault, thought "AuRoRaPMS" was the guy from IPL she beat. Hate when it happens - writing one thing and having in mind another.

Nah, Iron Lady is an all-female tournament.
"I will close my eyes and let the darkness be the light that guides me through the path of chaos"

Call me the Jelly Factory. I'm the world's largest producer of jelly.
Apr 20, 2012 2:03 AM

Sep 2010
one-more-time said:

I'm not saying she's bad, winning top players and being high in ladder shows that she has something, but is it enough to face the TOP-TOP players, I'd love to see her playing vs Dimaga ZvZ.

She took a game off Oz, a Code S protoss, and easily one of the top 10 protoss players in the world (most would consider him top 5), who is a MUCH better player than Dimaga. If he doesn't count as "TOP-TOP", I don't know who does.

Of course, it was only one series, and she did lose 2-1. Also, Oz is specifically known as a preparation based player, so he would obviously perform worse in a 3 day tournament such as IPL than he does in the GSL. However, its still a much better example of playing vs a top player than a ZvZ vs Dimaga would be.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3513 by Tamamolicki »»
4 hours ago

» total games on your steam library ( 1 2 )

deg - Feb 22

50 by Strahan »»
9 hours ago

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

SnipeStrike - Apr 16

13 by Strahan »»
9 hours ago

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - Apr 25

2 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
Yesterday, 12:14 PM

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

58 by Jentheworld »»
Yesterday, 9:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.