Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2008 12:41 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I just saw this RAW. I love the town design and the robots are ok...simple and eas to understand how they work...THIS COULD BE something that might advertise a little the robot popularity in Japan that is slowly progressing.

A BIG LOL when Naja and Lia are misunderstood constantly (like every time they say hwo they are) by the ROBOT. LOL once again even though I would love the subs to have the meaning if there is of what they say to make fun of the World Salvation Committee.

GOOD EXAMPLE of the let's be friends even if you are a robot thing.

Seems the destruct code is showing a world of desolation in which it made two things: 1. The ice/dinosaur period and that it can do this. 2. After war results of the last time it was used, in which it must have been to stop a war between beastman and humans.

I'll leave at that until subs.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 10, 2008 9:57 AM

Jun 2008
You're definitely searching for deep meanings that aren't there, angel999, the story so far is much, much shallower than you think it is.

This episode wasn't near as good as I thought it would be, the mechanical designs very poor and the voice acting for the robots and the alligator quite irritating.

Osu! is really keeping that karaoke some illiterate person made from last episode(and with hardsubbed versions this time around), the guy just threw round random syllables and he doesn't even know how japanese sounds like. Considering at least the single for ZER0 is out with official lyrics, it shouldn't be hard for them to do a serious one.
Sep 10, 2008 10:43 AM

Jul 2008
RandomOugi said:
You're definitely searching for deep meanings that aren't there, angel999, the story so far is much, much shallower than you think it is.

This episode wasn't near as good as I thought it would be, the mechanical designs very poor and the voice acting for the robots and the alligator quite irritating.

Osu! is really keeping that karaoke some illiterate person made from last episode(and with hardsubbed versions this time around), the guy just threw round random syllables and he doesn't even know how japanese sounds like. Considering at least the single for ZER0 is out with official lyrics, it shouldn't be hard for them to do a serious one.

Irratating voices???? Yeah me too but I take them more as a joke so it makes me laugh instead being iratated. It never hurts to look for meaning and the story may be shallow now but with other things among novels and the game...you can get a good grip of the actual story.

Sometimes things are puzzles and once you find the missing pieces you know better. Like watching anime on TV and then seeing the difference on DVD. Perhaps many may know already all about the censor stuff but the point is TRY. That's all!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 10, 2008 2:02 PM

Jun 2008
Getting more of the story through the uncensored DVDs? Maybe if you consider extra scenes that's true, for a moment I thought you were talking about uncensored versions of fanservice scenes.

I definitely want to get the game when it's released, but seeing these robots and the alligator just now and noting the fact that they might turn into enemies you'll be facing a lot throughout the game is quite disappointing, and since we're already at episode 10, that guy might as well turn into the "final boss" of the anime. From the preview scenes I don't expect much interesting stuff next episode, hopefully more backstory on Li A regarding the place they're headed. I'd like the 2 last episodes to really focus more on the motives each character has and for them all 6 of them to be united by the end of the series.
Sep 10, 2008 2:32 PM

Jul 2008
RandomOugi said:
Getting more of the story through the uncensored DVDs? Maybe if you consider extra scenes that's true, for a moment I thought you were talking about uncensored versions of fanservice scenes.

I definitely want to get the game when it's released, but seeing these robots and the alligator just now and noting the fact that they might turn into enemies you'll be facing a lot throughout the game is quite disappointing, and since we're already at episode 10, that guy might as well turn into the "final boss" of the anime. From the preview scenes I don't expect much interesting stuff next episode, hopefully more backstory on Li A regarding the place they're headed. I'd like the 2 last episodes to really focus more on the motives each character has and for them all 6 of them to be united by the end of the series.

I agreed with your wishes about the ending but I would add: have them kill that monster thing inside the black ball! I don't know how but I want to know!
Sep 10, 2008 5:25 PM
Apr 2008
yeah, this show is kinda lacking fanservice but ria kinda makes up for that
Sep 11, 2008 12:08 AM

Jan 2008
Number 28 is cute >w<
Sep 11, 2008 3:44 AM
Sep 2008
Why was the machine reacting to the Destruct Code when it wasn't there??
Sep 11, 2008 4:10 AM

May 2008
RUED said:
Why was the machine reacting to the Destruct Code when it wasn't there??

Because Toppi was there too, and he had the destruction code
Sep 11, 2008 9:17 AM

May 2008
At least there was some sort of fighting in this episode.
It has been so long, just running and talking for the last few ones. (And not talking about much I might add...)
Sep 11, 2008 12:20 PM
Dec 2007
Average episode, but we get a bit more about the scenario : the destruct code is supposed to turn the whole world into sand, and the final destination of the team is the Dragon Valley. Hum, I guess it's not so bad for a RPG prequel...

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 11, 2008 12:24 PM

May 2008
Nezerchin said:
At least there was some sort of fighting in this episode.
It has been so long, just running and talking for the last few ones. (And not talking about much I might add...)

I agree. It was kind of refreshing
Sep 12, 2008 5:00 AM

Mar 2008
Looks like the plot is finally going somewhere (dragon valley)

Sep 12, 2008 11:24 AM

Jun 2007
Aw i wanted number 28 to join them :3
Still wanna know what is Kirie's role in all this
Sep 12, 2008 11:26 AM

May 2008
hanabiii said:

His role is being cute and make the show a get a lot of fangirls!

No, but seriously I wanna know too. He probably has some meaning after all... probably... xD
Sep 12, 2008 12:03 PM

Jun 2007
What's with Kirie and the destruct Code?
I wanna know!!!!!

Loved #28, so cute!!!! x3

Sep 12, 2008 12:52 PM
Sep 2007
Even though this show is really meh, for some reason this episode kept me entertained most of the time.
Sep 12, 2008 4:24 PM

Dec 2007
Lia's entrance into Clocktown was pretty badass.
Sep 12, 2008 5:25 PM

Jul 2008
LOLhahaDEAD said:
Lia's entrance into Clocktown was pretty badass.

I second that but I first the LOL at the robots insulting Naja! HAahahhah!
Sep 13, 2008 12:16 PM
Dec 2007
Serenti said:
hanabiii said:

No, but seriously I wanna know too. He probably has some meaning after all... probably... xD
I'm getting a serious "he won't be important until the game itself" vibe here. This whole anime is just a big set-up for the game it seems.

Sep 17, 2008 12:04 AM

May 2008
Leon-Gun said:
Serenti said:
hanabiii said:

I'm getting a serious "he won't be important until the game itself" vibe here.

You're probably right xD
Sep 17, 2008 4:35 PM

Mar 2008
I thought Kirie was the only one that could use the Destruct Code as it reacted to him in the first (or was it second, can't remember) episode?

Well this episode was fine, the robot things were okay, a bit simplistic but i don't care much.
Yeh i wonder what Ria's reaction was all about. Well the final destination is set, now comes the final journey and the climax.

MAL list updates
Oct 1, 2008 1:23 AM
Jun 2008
lololol number 28 was cute :3
i loved how WSC couldnt identify who dey were correctly
nyehh~ i wish that they would stop runnin around and do something to contribute to the overall plot yer?
oh well~~
Jun 4, 2010 10:53 AM

Jan 2009
Cute ep, if not a little predictable lol. C:
To the next (final?) location!
Jun 21, 2012 8:15 PM

Apr 2010
Why would Toppi send #28 back to Clockwork Town, when there he was just a robot slave basically? I know he told him to live, but that's not really an option in Clockwork Town.
Dec 6, 2014 7:45 PM

Aug 2013
For a robot first shown to be sweeping the streets, #28 sure has a lot more firepower and is built a lot more sturdily than those soldier robots.
Aug 7, 2015 9:21 PM
Jun 2013
lia giving in to the silly name and then shooting all the robots was pretty funny. Also why does Kyrie carry a knife. He never uses it. Wouldint sending 28 back get him dismantled?
souledge94Aug 7, 2015 9:31 PM
Aug 24, 2021 12:57 PM
Dec 2017
number 28 is quite a cutiepie.

Sep 28, 2023 3:13 PM

Aug 2017
It was a good episode, Toppi and number 28 make a nice duo,
I guess Lia is a dragon, because of her reaction when she saw the dragon valley, LOL I thought she was a demon,
Kyrie is really useless, I guess his only role is somehow connected to the destruct code,
Now we've seen all the characters in the OP except the eagle leader, I wonder what's his story ?

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Destruction Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 29, 2008

60 by Dekom »»
Oct 10, 2023 3:05 PM

Poll: » World Destruction Episode 12 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 23, 2008

20 by Dekom »»
Oct 9, 2023 3:36 PM

Poll: » World Destruction Episode 11 Discussion

Serenti - Sep 17, 2008

25 by Dekom »»
Oct 8, 2023 3:17 PM

Poll: » World Destruction Episode 9 Discussion

Harout - Sep 3, 2008

17 by Dekom »»
Sep 27, 2023 2:57 PM

Poll: » World Destruction Episode 8 Discussion

angel999 - Aug 25, 2008

31 by Dekom »»
Sep 25, 2023 3:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.