Forum Settings
Forums
THE LEGEND OF THE STRONGEST, KUROSAWA!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2012 1:18 AM

Mar 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
When the hell will he change for the better?
Apr 9, 2018 11:53 PM

Jan 2015
One of my favourite panels so far. Painfully sad, but something about it is just, I wouldn't say nice, or beautiful, but it's something. It's bitter, and sort of depressing, but good? I'm sure someone else can word this better than I can.
Apr 10, 2019 9:20 AM

Jun 2016
For a man saying things as, at first glance, heartless as Toku, he sure is kind. Reaching out and trying to help Kurosawa with his own experiences. I'd say he's up there with Asai and Nakane already. I take it looking at Kurosawa was like looking into a mirror of him struggling to accept a meaningless existence. I seem to recall Takashi's father as saying something similar as life being about accepting the monotony and enduring. That wanting more than that is to be like a child.

His advice was quite sad. To give up hopes and dreams, stop looking at your problems because they're like the sun. Lie to yourself to compromise. Both's lives have been like bitter radish juice and Toku wasn't absolutely wrong, I mean he said if you get a taste of those dreams you'll only find it harder to continue living. We saw that when Kurosawa went to the resort the taste was just a reminder he's too late. Therefore, the only way to endure life is to accept it as futile and give up any hopes for the future and accept it as something you endure bitterly. That is one way to reach such a life philosophy. But the tears in Toku's eyes as he told Kurosawa how hopeless he was seemed to me to be a reflection of himself, as if he was saying it to reaffirm that he was that way too. If Kurosawa's display would move him to tears he must also want to fly into the sky too even if he suppresses it.

The final lines of the chapter paired with Kurosawa's shock made me laugh so hard. "But, in your case.. it's better to say homeless than hopeless...". Well if fiction has taught me anything, these two hopeless men will learn to hope and find happiness together by learning from each other. Hehehe. But this is Kurosawa so it may be more likely a piece of ambiguous wisdom.
May 28, 2023 9:44 PM

Mar 2020
I connect with Kurosawa on so many levels. These last 2 chapters hit especially hard for that reason
“Life is a constant process of dying.”
Apr 16, 4:28 AM

Aug 2013
This manga makes me both sad and laugh at the same time. Unsocial, complex, sensitive, helpful, pettish, hard-working, honest, introvert, melancholic, self-sacrificing, oversuspicious... I believe Kurosawa is someone that many of us can relate.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa Chapter 90 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Aug 10, 2011

38 by H_Erifu »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa Chapter 60 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Aug 9, 2011

9 by burningjustice »»
Apr 14, 3:46 PM

» The official English translation is terrible! Why?!

TheMAM - Aug 4, 2023

4 by TheMAM »»
Aug 5, 2023 1:28 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa Chapter 67 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Mar 25, 2012

5 by outolunch »»
May 28, 2023 9:20 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa Chapter 49 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Mar 24, 2012

13 by Jim_Heart »»
Mar 21, 2023 5:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.