Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 4, 2008 3:44 PM

May 2007
I've been browsing some of the chapter discussion threads (specifically the last chapter) and found out that this manga was was cancelled, for the lack of a better word (my brain is off right now). Anyway, just wondering if anyone knew why this was stopped by WSJ. Was it because of popularity issues or something else?

I thought this manga was really good, especially for the shounen genre. It's a shame we'll never get a fully finished product, whatever the manga-ka had in mind.
VK11Sep 4, 2008 3:49 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 4, 2008 3:49 PM

Jan 2007
yeah, it was due to poor ratings. it was one of the worse among shounen jump titles.
Sep 4, 2008 7:14 PM

May 2007
It's truly a shame.
For me this manga is definitly above the average shounen out there (I consider it on the same level as Naruto and Bleach), but unfortunately my opinion doesn't make any difference to the WSJ chiefs =/
Sep 5, 2008 12:10 AM

Jul 2007
Not enough large boobs and fanservice to cater to the largely idiotic fanbase of Shounen Jump. As a result, not many post cards and letters got sent in, and WSJ dropped it.

And it pisses me off.
Sep 23, 2008 8:14 PM

Jul 2008
matdavhans said:
Not enough large boobs and fanservice to cater to the largely idiotic fanbase of Shounen Jump. As a result, not many post cards and letters got sent in, and WSJ dropped it.

And it pisses me off.

On the contrary, titans of anime like bleach, naruto and one piece are the ones that bumped off MxO if you ask me. I dont think fanservice plays a large role in this.
Sep 24, 2008 5:23 AM
Jan 2008
Quite a pity it was cancelled, but I think they wrapped it up quite nicely in such a short time. I place this manga well above Bl-DBZ-each and Naruto, it felt fresh and wasn't getting (or starting to get) on my nerves even after 99 chapters. I can't really fathom why they cancelled it though, I mean, it had everything to be liked.
Well, I guess that's the Japanese public for you all right. :p
Sep 25, 2008 10:56 AM

Jan 2008
matdavhans said:

And it pisses me off.

yep,
but still the 2nd part of manga is not as good as the first...
Oct 2, 2008 4:31 AM

Oct 2007
GDL-URAHARA said:

yep,
but still the 2nd part of manga is not as good as the first...

What do you mean? The 2nd part only began by introducing the Black M0 and things were really getting interesting and had the potential to easily top the 1st part. I think it's more because of the reason stated above, no enough fanservice (-_-)... But I liked the fact that this is one of the few shounen manga with plain girls having realistic proportions. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2008 12:12 AM

May 2008
Faust721 said:
yeah, it was due to poor ratings. it was one of the worse among shounen jump titles.
It was? bummer it did really have a good story.
Oct 17, 2008 1:40 PM

Jul 2007
Personally I thought it was a top tier level jump manga. Above Bleach and Naruto, ya know? Since they're mid-tier and bottom-tier respectively, despite being incredibly popular. (I know alot of you probably prefer them out of most WSJ titles, but to be honest, sure they have their cool stuff and all that which you enjoy, but they lack alot of things most of the other series have). I want go further with that, since it'll start flames, but yeah, it was definetly one of the better series.

Oh yeah also, by that tier list I'm refering to it goes: God, Top, Mid, Bottom/Shit. Ahahaha. I won't post any more info on it though, since it will start flames.
Oct 22, 2008 5:28 PM

May 2008
At first this seemed like a really typical shounen to me but after you start getting into the storyline its really good. I guess people didn't like the whole normal shounen without a bunch of fanservice thing.
Nov 3, 2008 2:52 AM

Mar 2008
Nov 6, 2008 8:44 AM
Jan 2008
Man, i'm dissapointed! By the sounds of it there is little chance of a sequel but it's not fair >.< Yasuhiro Kano has made a way better manga here than loads of other shounen manga. In general it was very well written and i didn't feel constantly bombarded by aweful cliches like a normally do when reading mainstream shounen, also the characters were all likeable and the story ran smoothly (until l8r on) taking it's time to develope. I don't think it failed because of a lack of fan service, i think it was probably just an unfashionable theme at the time. But anyways i don't regret reading it to find a brief ending and my fingers are crossed for a second coming. :D
Nov 18, 2008 4:32 PM
Jul 2008
I just hope they make an anime... it really was good. And quite original.

But I don't think they can make a second part... I mean, it won't be mx0 anymore when he returns to school after that finale...
Dec 7, 2008 6:06 AM
Jul 2008
The same thing, sadly, happened to his earlier Shonen Jump work: Pretty Face. And yet plotless mediocrity like Ichigo 100% gets to run for 4 years.

Current WSJ readers have no taste.
Dec 7, 2008 3:46 PM

Dec 2007
well i think there is space for next season....but it wont be called Mx0 :P...but name dont realy matters.......i hope there will be sequel...i liked it more than the most rewieved shounes now as bleach,naruto,one piece....it had quite unique charecter development...but at the end i felt it was to fast....it probably couse the decided to end it.....shame....it ended fast.....the main character was the one i like most...immortal XD...like onizuka from GTO XD......well....i will be hoping the sequel comes......
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Jan 2, 2009 5:57 AM

Jun 2008
It pisses me off the way they do things because it was actually not among the worst in WSJ BUT it's reader base did not increase significantly enough for them to want to kepp it.
It's funny though cus it ended the exact same way Pretty Face did I would love to see either of those two become animes but the chances are wicked low. (by the time its released in america usually its an anime in japan +/- a few months)
But yeah there is always the possibility of sequels he just can't continue it under the same name.
Jan 5, 2009 2:09 PM

Jan 2008
yeah i feel sorry for the mangaka....

i blame bleach and naruto for this =_="

still waiting for any hint of a seconds season ro soemthing to this day.. becasue the ending didnt satisfy any of his main goals. he just got to learn magic thats al. he didnt fullfill his wish or his crush's wish which leaves this manga open to a continuation

-crosses fingers-

Salathiel said:
well i think there is space for next season....but it wont be called Mx0 :P...but name dont realy matters.......i hope there will be sequel...i liked it more than the most rewieved shounes now as bleach,naruto,one piece....it had quite unique charecter development...but at the end i felt it was to fast....it probably couse the decided to end it.....shame....it ended fast.....the main character was the one i like most...immortal XD...like onizuka from GTO XD......well....i will be hoping the sequel comes......

yeah i think i should have a different name becasue he now has magic and i assumes that mx0 ment that m(mp aka magic) x(times) 0 becasue he didnt have any magic powers. i thought that pretty face ended better then mx0 though
Jan 13, 2009 2:54 PM

May 2008
pretty face ended alot better than mx0. The thing at the end of pretty face made it sound like he knew when it was going to end ahead of time. On the otherhand mx0 seems like it was chapter 97 when he found out and just said screw it on 98 and 99.
Jan 15, 2009 7:01 AM

Aug 2007
WTF who the fuck ends this manga....... this is bull f*cking sh*t................ freaking awesome manga........
Jan 18, 2009 3:02 AM

May 2008
i liked comedy in this series, shame it ended with not good ending
Jan 23, 2009 10:22 PM
Mar 2008
Yeah its shame that this manga was cancelled because i really like the plot and the idea of this manga. Well it was unpopular because it lacked beautiful girls and romantic stories(my opinion). Anyway i hope that they will make anime out of this manga.....
Jan 27, 2009 1:03 PM

Feb 2008
Omg lol just finished it and thought "maybe there will be a sequel to this" cuz story is not even finished (in my opinion)...
But after reading this i'm somewhat disappointed that it won't be continued as it seems T_T
Jan 31, 2009 5:54 AM
Mar 2008
And now i regret reading it... with that ending i have an urge to KILL... It was an awesome manga. That Shounen Jump chief better pray for not meeting me on the street...
Feb 4, 2009 1:29 PM

Aug 2008
Awesome, one of the best shounens I've ever read. There is still place for continuation but well, probably never gonna happen.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 18, 2009 8:36 PM

Feb 2009
I feel really bad knowing that it got canceled....
Apr 11, 2009 8:07 AM

Apr 2009
Even though the manga ended like that, I thought the cliffhanger wasn't so bad. It could have end with a bunch of other great way though. They decided to cancel it when the black plate was introduced since they say there are a lot of level to it and yet they only show us one.

Apr 15, 2009 3:38 PM
Jan 2009
I really liked the manga, and I'm bitterly disappointed that it didn't have the proper ending it could've had.

I just hope by some divine miracle it can be continued. To me, Mx0 is way better than Naruto and Bleach.

Unfortunately, we can't see the romance a bit more and see what happens.

Once you get into the storyline, you just really want more. :(
And I really want more now. D:
Heh, maybe the mangaka can go to another magazine and can continued Mx0...
horcrvxApr 15, 2009 3:47 PM
Apr 20, 2009 1:17 AM
Apr 2009
I know this manga was awsome.. and the ending was more like a way to say a new beggining... This needs a sequel. and hell i want a sequel to this awsome manga!
May 6, 2009 7:27 PM
Jun 2007
i think it was pretty good and cud have continued way further !
i guess its becoz the hero actually had to think rather than just having mindlessly awesome powers from the beginning...sucks but what can we do !
i for one say well done mangaka ...i loved ur work !=]
Jun 1, 2009 11:00 PM

Apr 2008
I really enjoyed Mx0..think I finished it in a week. I liked the fact about how it was kinda a different way to do a Shounen series..cuz like we all know how shounen series start out with this lame dude who quickly becomes strong and such, but Mx0 slowly gave the protagonist a fighting chance which I kinda liked and would have liked to see grow at a good pace (if not for the cancellation ofc).

I wouldn't really compare or blame Bleach/Naruto/etc for the cancellation of it, though. Mx0 was different than most Jump series...I wish they'd bring it back...nothing running in Jump is rly like it at all as far as what I'm reading...and I'm reading 12 of the 22 (?) series in WSJ now so...the ending did leave it that it could continue...hopefully...hooopppeffullly. =(
Jun 21, 2009 11:50 PM

Feb 2009
As you guy said, I'm also very disappointing in WSJ. No one ever read this manga not feel the same as me (opinion). The story line is the greatest. yeah compare to naruto and bleach I won't say it's better or not. just put it on the same level is enough because I don't know what happen after chapter 99. but the story can go up to 300+. To obtain all the black M0 card level and then Gold Plate and grant his wish or you could say Aika's wish. Sometime I re-read it I don't know what for but I really did enjoy it.
Jun 26, 2009 1:56 PM

Feb 2009
hilarious manga with good-ish storyline. better than average. idk why they canceled it but i blame lack of publicity, most people dont even know what it is, those that do believe it's very good.

hopefully we'll see it revived sometime in the future, as hinted by the open ending, when he gets enough funds/publicity
Jul 31, 2009 8:53 PM
Apr 2008
The mangaka somehow was able to turn a mess of mediocre elements into a great work of art. The ending was crap but you can't fault the mangaka for that. WSJ gets the blame. It's a tragedy that a manga this good was canceled. Makes you wonder what could have been.
Aug 29, 2009 11:07 AM

Jun 2009
Theres no chance of Mx0 ever being continued. No other manga has been cancled and then brought back years later. It just doesn't happen. The only reason the ending was left open was because it was a rushed ending. There was no way to end Mx0 properly in 2 chapters.

Don't waste your hope. Mx0 is done for good.
Sep 8, 2009 3:39 PM

Oct 2007
Tumerking said:
Theres no chance of Mx0 ever being continued. No other manga has been cancled and then brought back years later. It just doesn't happen. The only reason the ending was left open was because it was a rushed ending. There was no way to end Mx0 properly in 2 chapters.

Don't waste your hope. Mx0 is done for good.

Nooo. Don't smash my hope damn you.
Sep 14, 2009 4:57 PM

Sep 2009
Im in utter denial :'( im hoping for a second season or a anime adaptation that changes the ending a bit i mean its good and it could be better as a anime :)
Sep 27, 2009 11:26 AM
Aug 2009
man i have to say that of most of the mangas out there this one is one of th best because it isnt the average shonen it actually has many stuff that big shonens dont.... its really a shame that people dont value it higher.
Oct 6, 2009 9:38 AM
Feb 2009
as time flies and as more manga i read, i still think mxo is far more superior than many out there (and the cancellation pissed me off even more everytime i think about it...)

wtf r those people thinking!!!
oblivious is a bliss
Oct 6, 2009 2:48 PM

Oct 2008
I just finished MxO and I can't say that I'm disappointed or satisfied with the ending. Sure it was dropped but y do people like the other series more than ones like mxo. The main character is smart on his feet & isn't obnoxious by running in screaming(cough* cough*)& also its not 17 pages long per chapter. The idea behind the plot works well and there is some comedy mixed throughout the chapters.

If by some miracle that this series was picked up again, I think they should just pick up again right from coming back after the one year of training. It could be called Au0(Au for gold to those who don't know) and carry on like how Cavalier of the Abyss is doing by fallowing Immortal Regis.

It'd work only if the support is there. sadly its not atm T.T
kiragotyouOct 6, 2009 2:58 PM
Oct 18, 2009 3:21 PM

Apr 2009
the manga being unpopular probably had more to do with a lack of brainless fighting than a lack of boobs. ecchi scenes aren't too uncommon in the manga, and the art is really good. so yeah point is it was probably not enough fighting or something
Oct 20, 2009 9:18 AM

Jan 2008
Enzeru92 said:
Im in utter denial :'( im hoping for a second season or a anime adaptation that changes the ending a bit i mean its good and it could be better as a anime :)

I hope not. Let's say they do make an Anime adaption of a flunked manga series. Then it'll probably not have much budget and the series would be forever shamed by crappy animations.

I hope this will be picked up again though. But I'm afraid it will never happen. And if they do make an Anime adaption some day; I hope it'll be after it having had a miraculous come-back.
Oct 25, 2009 8:40 PM

Jun 2009
Theres not even a point of saying "what if". Never has a series been picked back up years after it was cancled. It's never happened and it won't happen. Mx0, while being an awesome series, is too unpopular.

There won't be anymore Mx0 anime. There won't be anymore Mx0 manga. There won't be anymore Mx0 anything.

It's dead.
Oct 26, 2009 2:14 PM

Jul 2008
It`s a shame the manga was dropped just like that =(
as said before, Mx0 easily makes top 10 for me!
It`s just like "Master_M2K" says in his review of the serie, "this manga has everything and it combines it perfectly."

edit: it`s actually pretty funny, and weird that the serie was dropped due too lack of audience, because if you look at readers scores , Mx0 has some pretty high ones =P
I know it wont come back or anything, but i honestly think Mx0 would do pretty well, if a sequel would come up =)
kenichi-sanOct 26, 2009 2:37 PM
Oct 27, 2009 9:34 PM

Feb 2009
Tumerking said:
Theres not even a point of saying "what if". Never has a series been picked back up years after it was cancled. It's never happened and it won't happen. Mx0, while being an awesome series, is too unpopular.

There won't be anymore Mx0 anime. There won't be anymore Mx0 manga. There won't be anymore Mx0 anything.

It's dead.

*piss off*
Oct 28, 2009 5:39 PM

Jan 2008
kenichi-san said:
It`s just like "Master_M2K" says in his review of the serie, "this manga has everything and it combines it perfectly."

edit: it`s actually pretty funny, and weird that the serie was dropped due too lack of audience, because if you look at readers scores , Mx0 has some pretty high ones =P
I know it wont come back or anything, but i honestly think Mx0 would do pretty well, if a sequel would come up =)

Unfortunately the Japanese people decided its fate. And even though we like it; if they don't, it's over. :P

@ Tumerking: It's not that we don't know that, Tum. It's just that we want it to continue on, so we speculate about 'what if...' moments to make ourselves more comfortable with the loss of a great series. I make it sound much more dramatic than it is. But it's a shame really.
Nov 17, 2009 5:25 PM

Jan 2008
Elydan said:
kenichi-san said:

Unfortunately the Japanese people decided its fate. And even though we like it; if they don't, it's over. :P

@ Tumerking: It's not that we don't know that, Tum. It's just that we want it to continue on, so we speculate about 'what if...' moments to make ourselves more comfortable with the loss of a great series. I make it sound much more dramatic than it is. But it's a shame really.

Blame Naruto and One Piece for Mx0's demise T-T
Nov 18, 2009 10:49 PM

Feb 2009
voidbringer said:
Blame Naruto and One Piece for Mx0's demise T-T

blame them? why? manga do nothing wrong. but some senseless people didn't know how great Mx0 is
Dec 7, 2009 1:10 PM
Sep 2007
One of my favorite manga but I have not read many however. I really like how the main character had to hide his secret and think how to get out of bad situations.

Anyways if they made a anime I wish the main character was voiced by Fukuyama Jun.

If anyone know some manga which have a main character with similar kind of secrets or how to say it would be great if anyone could leave a comment on my profile, thanks. ;)
Feb 4, 2010 9:21 AM

Dec 2009
*** START OF RANT***
just finshed reading this..
i've been warned that the series is good but the ending was crap but i just couldn't take my eyes off the series.. i even risked getting late at a job interview just to read this manga..
so yeah.. i'm really pissed off to learn that this series was dropped.. it has a really good story line unlike other shounen titles that i've given up on due to "uber fan service" [wait.. is there such a thing as uber fan service?? LOL!]
but seriously, it had a lot of potential so its sad to see it end..
*** END OF RANT***

i sorta wished the mangaka left WSJ and continued the series on another publishing company.. sort of what Shinjo Mayu has done with Ai Ore.. [not really sure about this issue but the series and that sequel has different publishers..]
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mx0 Chapter 2 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 19, 2010

6 by CJPlayz33 »»
Nov 8, 2023 6:28 PM

Poll: » Mx0 Chapter 1 Discussion

TechDragon - Oct 12, 2008

9 by CJPlayz33 »»
Nov 8, 2023 6:11 PM

Poll: » Mx0 Chapter 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Darkreaper70 - May 16, 2008

114 by vkopuzoglu »»
Feb 21, 2023 9:10 AM

Poll: » Mx0 Chapter 12 Discussion

joe_g7 - Oct 12, 2016

1 by Joel77 »»
Jun 16, 2021 10:13 PM

Poll: » Mx0 Chapter 64 Discussion

Faust721 - Nov 28, 2007

3 by Pleinair »»
Nov 18, 2017 4:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.