Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 23, 2012 9:57 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It has ended, after 7 years, 3 anime seasons, a movie, and an OVA Shakugan no Shana comes to an end.
What a great ending too, finally Shana and Yuji make their oath to be together and seal it with a kiss, that alone was something I've wanted to see for so long now.
There was just so much that happened in this episode in hard to mention it all, the fight, the baby, the flame hazes, its crazy.
Also Spiral Organ, i bet some didn't know since season 1 forgot to mention it but yes...she was a girl all along lol. But man Lamies really did a lot for Yuji in the end, giving him grammatica, AND activating the spell inside Azure than Friagne had put in a long time ago.

With Yuji's plan complete, I guess we can call this a happy ending for everyone? Except maybe Yoshida who pretty much has been left behind.

I just want to thank JC Staff for ACTUALLY trying this time around. This season was probably their best effort at adapting a LN I've seen so far. Also thanks to Takahashi for having made such a great story, and Noizi Itou for making such a damn adorable character in Shana. I wont forget this series, ever.
Mar 23, 2012 10:07 AM

May 2010
It has a satisfying end for me and I thoroughly enjoyed watching season 1 + 2. However, I found season 3 to be lackluster in times, but that may be just my opinion. However; I am glad to see everything resolved in the final episode. :) Oh, also, about time that they kissed!

I liked this episode, it was a good last episode. I found the reasoning to still be fighting a little bit off though... I mean, what the hell.... well, that's their personal reasoning I suppose. 5/5

I will miss this show.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2012 10:43 AM

Sep 2011
Shana forever! D: Oh no it's finally over T__T I promised myself I wouldn't cry.
Mar 23, 2012 10:51 AM
Aug 2011
Glad that J.C. managed to pull off a pretty good season of this show. They definitely struggled in the past but I really did enjoy this series.

Glad they finally had their kiss and it was a happy ending. What a long crazy road.
Mar 23, 2012 11:23 AM

Dec 2010
So it's finally over... This season has been really good. I think it's my favorite of the three. It may have been very hectic at times but overall it has been a very pleasant. I can't describe how happy, yet sad I am to see this series ending. After so long I still can't believe it's over.

We finally got to see Yuji and Shana kiss, I don't know how long I've longed for it, but it was definetely worth the wait, and Hirai Yukari, the one who started this journey is back, and man did that make me smile.
So much happened in this season and if I had to describe the series overall I'll have to say that it was a hell of an epic ride. With tears, smiles, anger and sadness.
I thank you Shakugan no Shana, for giving us such an epic story, I will never forget and will always look back at this series with a warm smile.
Mar 23, 2012 12:53 PM

Mar 2008
Probably The biggest and the most epic fight between couple in anime history lol
Mar 23, 2012 2:48 PM

Sep 2008
Didn't watch it yet, but quick question for those who did.

Mar 23, 2012 3:19 PM
Sep 2008
Kimberly said:

Nope they dint.
Mar 23, 2012 3:59 PM

Nov 2007
Kimberly said:

no, but tbh i dont see why so many people thought that scene needed to be in. I never really thought it was that important anyways
Mar 23, 2012 4:48 PM

Nov 2007
Satisfactory conclusion.

As a whole, it was a convoluted mess, though. :)

4/10
Mar 23, 2012 4:50 PM
Feb 2012
So it's finally over after 7 years. After have recently experienced the terrible endings to another series I adored, to have a good enjoyable ending with closure and clarity just made me feel really satisfied. I love this ending. It was great that J.C.Staff remained faithful to the novels and delivered a fitting end to this series. In my opinion, this episode would have been a little better if they have shown Shana's love song to Yuji. Oh well, I can understand if they need to cut it due time constraints. This isn't really essential but it would be a nice, small touch.

There was so much in this episode. Wilhelmina becoming emotional. The Margery/Shana vs Sydonay/Yuji fight, Sydonay meeting Hecate, Hirai Yukari's return, and last but definitely not least, Shana and Yuji's kiss. All of it well done and felt gratifying.

The Margery/Shana vs Sydonay/Yuji fight was epic, probably the best fight in the entire series. Just to have Shana say Urusai x3 and set to the full version Hishoku no Sora, it gave me a sense of completeness, of unity to the whole series.

This was definitely an crazy, epic roller coaster of a journey, but I can say I will always have fond memories of this series.
Mar 23, 2012 4:51 PM

Sep 2008
game8910 said:
Kimberly said:

no, but tbh i dont see why so many people thought that scene needed to be in. I never really thought it was that important anyways

Haha, I don't really think it's important if it's in the ep or not. It'd just be cuter and sweeter if it was though imo :)
Mar 23, 2012 7:15 PM

Jun 2011
It ended! It finally ended!

This last episode finally made me feel that the third season was worth watching

But the first scene in episode one still feels irrelevant o_o
Mar 23, 2012 8:29 PM
Jul 2008
Very anti-climatic. I really need subs to understand this. So what happens to the flame haze now? Do they live human lives now? And has everyone who was a torch become back into existence?
Mar 23, 2012 8:31 PM

Nov 2007
confuser987 said:
Very anti-climatic. I really need subs to understand this. So what happens to the flame haze now? Do they live human lives now? And has everyone who was a torch become back into existence?

If you need subs to understand it, then ask questions after you watch it subbed.
Mar 23, 2012 9:41 PM

Sep 2009
It finally ended. I'm going to miss this series...
Mar 23, 2012 10:41 PM
Jun 2011
one of the best anime for me...

and this ending is also one of the best I ever watched...

I'll miss this anime so much... that a very good conclusion...

that "you know what" scene already concluding 76 episode of Shakugan no Shana (3 seasons and 4 OVA... I don't include Shana-tan... lol)

thanks a lot J.C. Staff
Mar 24, 2012 12:27 AM
Sep 2008
Thatsjustpeachy said:
Really wish they didn't make Yuji so weak, id call it epic if it wasnt so one sided. Did he not try? Did he lose all of SoF's powers? Did he want her to defeat him as punishment for what he did? I thought he retains some powers in the novels. Otherwise, very satisfying ending, going to be leaving a huge void now that ZnT and SnS are done.

Note i cannot understand japanese

When SoF left Yuji lost all of SoF's powers so Yuji only has his Mystes powers to fight with now. Bel Peol even said in ep 23 that Yuji probably has no chance at winning against Shana anymore.
Mar 24, 2012 1:31 AM
Feb 2009
7 years. 7 years man ;_;
i loved the end. ofc, presentation was trashy throughout the season from place to place,
but as a non-novel reader, the series was a masterpiece for me.
Mar 24, 2012 3:23 AM

Feb 2010
first season is still the best^^ after that it went down still a good ending for the show overall 7/10.
Mar 24, 2012 4:28 AM
Mar 2012
Can somebody explain me the end of the season because I do't quite understand. So Yuji loses all of his powers ? is he now again a mystess? and what about his parents? because you see him and Shana walking in their school uniforms but I'm not sure if they are back in the human world or in the world of xanadu? Do his parents remember him again because I think it's sad that it's like he never exsisted and how they ended that storyline.. and what about Pheles and Johann, are they dead now? because the baby is taken care of Wilhelmina. confusing!
Mar 24, 2012 5:08 AM
Sep 2008
Shaantjeeuhn said:
Can somebody explain me the end of the season because I do't quite understand. So Yuji loses all of his powers ? is he now again a mystess? and what about his parents? because you see him and Shana walking in their school uniforms but I'm not sure if they are back in the human world or in the world of xanadu? Do his parents remember him again because I think it's sad that it's like he never exsisted and how they ended that storyline.. and what about Pheles and Johann, are they dead now? because the baby is taken care of Wilhelmina. confusing!

Yuji lost all of the snakes powers so hes a mystes again. Yuji and Shana are in Xanadu. Yuji's parents don't remember him anymore and they don't rememeber Shana anymore either. Pheles and Johan sacrificed themselves to create that child so they are both dead the only proof of there existense is that child.
Mar 24, 2012 5:55 AM
Dec 2011
So it finally ended after several years. I'm gonna miss this series.

Also, Zero no Tsukaima ended as well but I liked Shana's ending better.
Mar 24, 2012 7:26 AM

Mar 2011
Really love the ending especially since they show the old char(I almost forgot them this season) and of course yukari the reason why yuuji and shana loves each other

Mar 24, 2012 8:59 PM

Feb 2010
Wow, talk about an epic fight. The animation and music came together to create something extraordinary, something that I love about watching anime in general. This was an awesome finale to a great series, and I will dearly miss it.

P.S. What a beautiful kiss scene that was.
Mar 24, 2012 11:25 PM

Dec 2011
commie has uploaded their release
Mar 25, 2012 1:10 AM
Aug 2010
This final season made little sense!!!

Well at least to me!

Yuuji joins the "Bad guys" to create a new world where they could live in peace, the flame hazes object to this, then we have 20 episodes of war...

Many people die, and at the very end, both sides agree to the new world with the rule that they put in place???

OK...

Yuuji's main reason for doing ALL of this was to be able to live with Shana in peace, OK...

But was it really necessary to do all of this?

Like Shana said "You could've just asked".....Facepalm!!!

This final season was just so damn convoluted, it really was....I'll be very surprised if half the people that watched this anime really understood it.

Anyways, I don't think it was bad, but it definitely wasn't great.....7/10

Overall, I'm happy Shana and Yuuji get to live together and they both expressed their love, it's a "Happy ending" I guess, but the way we got here seems so damn unnecessary and too long.

I'm actually a bit disappointed by this final season, but overall I loved the Shana Series, and I will miss it.
ichig0fanMar 25, 2012 1:14 AM
Mar 25, 2012 1:12 AM

Feb 2012
ending was cool, but feels like something is missing. idk what, but something is.
Mar 25, 2012 1:14 AM

Dec 2011
wow cant believe its over, this was the series that got me into anime.

This episode was awesome, great ending to the series.
10/10 for me :)
Mar 25, 2012 1:15 AM

Dec 2009
ichigo03 said:

It really didn't....at least to me!

Yuuji joins the "Bad guys" to create a new world where they could live in peace, the flame hazes object to this, then we have 20 episodes of war...

Many people, and at the very end, both sides agree to the new world with the rule that they put in place???

OK...

Yuuji's main reason for doing ALL of this was to be able to live with Shana in peace, OK, like Shana said "You could've just asked".....Facepalm!!!

This final season was just so damn convoluted, it really was....I'll be very surprised if half the people that watched this anime really understood it.

Overall, I'm happy Shana and Yuuji get to live together and they both expressed their love, it's a "Happy ending" I guess, but the way we got here seems so damn unnecessary and too long.

I'm actually a bit disappointed by this final season, but overall I loved the Shana Series, and I will miss it.

I totally agree with this. You basically summarized everything I wanted to say.
Mar 25, 2012 1:16 AM

Jul 2009
So in the end, Yuji joined the baddies just to hook up with the God of Creation to create some replica world and make the real world rid of all the whole supernatural crap? Heh.

And Shana was all, you could've just told me so, duhhhhh...

Sigh. Oh well...

Only thing I would've asked for is if Yuji at least wooped her butt a bit. Show her who's the man! But nope... lol. SIGH!

9/10, just cause I loved the Shana franchise and she did her infamous "urusai! urusai! urusai!" and threw a hissy fit - followed by a nice smooch. :3

Oh and who's that torch girl she returned? Been so long ago. Why did the guy above say it's because of her than Yuji and Shana are together???

And wtf is 'Grammatica'? Their kiss was Grammar Fantastic? lol?
KurogashiMar 25, 2012 1:27 AM
Mar 25, 2012 1:23 AM
Oct 2010
loved when they played hishoku no sora again. epicness imo. i kept thinking to myself "goddamn it would be win if they plaeyd that song again at the last fight im sure will occur" and holy fuck it did. best part of the ep for me. then the kiss <3 damn it was quite a clusterfuck and idk why they followed the tomogaras lol. but glad it ended. waited for it :)
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 25, 2012 1:28 AM
Aug 2010
It just seems to me that the whole damn war could've been avoided if they had just talked it out had compromises from both sides.

I know that sounds very simplistic, but the anime made it seem like they were fighting for the FATE OF THE WORLD....and in the end, NO, they weren't, not really anyways.

*Sigh* I think if the author had made the conflict with more at stake or at the very least where the Flame hazes don't seem like the bad guys, this season would've been better.

I love the ending scenes with Shana and Yuuji, but FUCK, did we really need 20 episodes of war?
Mar 25, 2012 1:54 AM

Apr 2010
I am extremely sad for two reasons. First being Shakugan no Shana is over and it has been an amazing ride and an amazing series that I will miss with all my heart. Second reason is for a horrible final season. I loved the first and second seasons so much that I gave them both 10 out of 10, but I only gave the final season a 7/10. This story had great characters and great plots, but the plot of the final season and the drastic change of pace from the first two seasons kinda killed it, and gave it an ending that I did not enjoy. It just makes me feel horrible inside that an amazing story like this did not get an amazing ending. Final score for this season is 7/10.
Mar 25, 2012 1:55 AM

Dec 2011
So if Yuuji is a human again doesn't that mean he will start aging again?
if that's so, it will get weird between Shana and him as the years go by lol xD
Mar 25, 2012 2:18 AM

Nov 2011
I really liked the ending, but I didn't quite understand why there was no misaki city in Xanadu... anyone care to explain?
Mar 25, 2012 2:23 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
The pacing over the three seasons definitely could've been better, but I think this end isn't too shabby.
Mar 25, 2012 2:28 AM

Mar 2011
I really liked the ending and one of the best work from J.C Staff
Damn Sydonay is dead
Icebreaker93Mar 25, 2012 2:38 AM
Mar 25, 2012 2:53 AM
Oct 2011
I'm not sure but was this the first time that Wilhelmina directly called Shana as... Shana?
Mar 25, 2012 3:01 AM

Jan 2008
ichigo03 said:

Well at least to me!

Many people die, and at the very end, both sides agree to the new world with the rule that they put in place???

OK...

Yuuji's main reason for doing ALL of this was to be able to live with Shana in peace, OK...

But was it really necessary to do all of this?

Like Shana said "You could've just asked".....Facepalm!!!

It was indeed retarded, all of this could have been easily avoided ...

In the end some of the Flame hazes went to Xanadu as well, like wtf. The GoC just wants to fulfill others wishes and if he thought for himself a bit (he's fucking thousands of years old and yet it seems like he has the mind of a 5 year old) he could have just put the restriction on himself and tell the flamehazes.
TheUniqueReaperMar 25, 2012 3:05 AM
Mar 25, 2012 3:02 AM

Dec 2011
Well, I would miss this series.
Mar 25, 2012 3:29 AM

Feb 2011
Beautiful simply beautiful. loved the episode.
Mar 25, 2012 3:39 AM

Aug 2009
I'm speechless. Best ending i could possibly imagine. My favourite anime of all times and my favourite character Shana. She will always have a place in my heart.
Mar 25, 2012 3:44 AM
Dec 2011
damn son, started season 1 around august 2011, finished it today at 4:43 am. looking back at all the time i've being watching this, its soo nostalgic... But Fucking epic kiss, its about time... 5/5
Mar 25, 2012 4:07 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
10/10 to series :D Damn il miss these series. SnS felt so similar to ZnT both had also weird way to end anime but i loved both series 10/10 .. il really miss both of em T_T ...
Mar 25, 2012 4:32 AM

Jun 2010
This was a perfect end to the series i felt, and before even watching it i was thinking, the way to make this episode prefect would to be to include hishoku no sora... I was so shocked when it happened and i was soo happy. Perfect end. Though I'm very sad there wont be any more.

Mar 25, 2012 4:48 AM
Dec 2007
Icebreaker93 said:
Damn Sydonay is dead
He wanted to die, as Hecate pretty well observed when they met at the end.

Mar 25, 2012 5:07 AM

Mar 2012
So if would review/correct/agree,

Season 1+2,
Basically the adventures of Shana as a Flame Haze. Little stories of the different enemies they fight, with an ongoing romance plot. Slice of Life, school thing. Some background stories of the different characters here and there.

Season 3,
Basically the whole thing was about Yuji's plan to free Flame Haze from their fate of fighting for eternity. The whole thing. War... for lots of episodes. >w<

I've always been a fan of shana, but the last seaosn of Shana was a bit weird in terms of context from Season 1+2. I don't dislike the change, neither do I like it. O__O The plot was a bit confusing since so much plot context was put into 1 season... so yeah it was a bit chaotic. J.C. staff did a good job, I don't know who else could have done better. So... this season... I give it 10/10. Just because I loved the ending and it followed the novel (so people say).
Mar 25, 2012 5:25 AM
Jan 2012
BK- said:
So if Yuuji is a human again doesn't that mean he will start aging again?
if that's so, it will get weird between Shana and him as the years go by lol xD

I think the reiji maigo will still restore his energy every day, and so he will not age...

Icebreaker93 said:
Damn Sydonay is dead

Well yeah, but he's with the one he loves and he'll be back when the God of Creation nexts needs the Triumvirate
Mar 25, 2012 5:27 AM

Oct 2011
This season was better than 1st&2nd together. It really suprised me at the end that they fought again as I expected Happy End, but... Stil 7/10 for the whole plot etc ; ).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Nov 18, 2011

78 by Estefan »»
Jan 27, 4:56 AM

» Is it just me or does Shakugan No shana season 3 suck??

chrisedmonds - Nov 14, 2014

34 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 22, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KimChanx3 - Oct 28, 2011

184 by Jooshau »»
Apr 27, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

game8910 - Dec 16, 2011

158 by burntlettuce »»
Feb 27, 2023 8:42 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Nov 25, 2011

81 by GoldenPincers »»
Feb 9, 2023 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.