Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 19, 2012 12:39 PM

Nov 2011
Judging by the way things are going what episode and time do you think this anime will cover the chimera ant arc or any other arc you'd like to guess on?
And for those who follow the manga, they know that it's currently back on hiatus. If Togashi doesn't come back soon then this show will eventually catch up with the manga which still isn't complete.

EDIT: My prediction for ant arc is this long f'd up equation: Episode 23 just aired yesterday which converts chapter 41. There are a total 340 chapters so 340-41=229 left of chapters to be adapted. Assuming not much filler is added I can say the ant arc will come around will be around episode 50-55 range That puts the airing in July-August range. I also suspect 120 more episodes from ep 23 until it catches up to the manga which dates to somewhere 2014 ?? (of course this is my bull shit amateur arithmetically achieved projection)
Assuming I'll live to see this happen; I want to see if my guess is right.
...Even if Togashi does come back sooner than later I still think more breaks are bound to happen eventually letting the anime catch up.
DebaserMar 19, 2012 2:54 PM
Mar 19, 2012 12:54 PM
Feb 2010
They used 92 episodes till end of GI in original. So I think they´ll start the chimera ant arc around episode 70 in the new version.

Don´t underestimate what´s left though, the chimera ant arc is over about 120 chapters long, that´s 60 episodes. Then the zodiac/Alluka arc is left and a possible moment to break the series for it will be entering its second half.

And I don't think the hiatus will last longer than a year.
Mar 19, 2012 1:50 PM

Mar 2012
Hiatus is around a month-3 months hopefully.

And they'll pull a bleach and postpone production when they catch up (since they don't wanna do fillers) And since Togashi is supervising. (Seeing all the Alluka/morel stuff and the Kiroko changes if you noticed latest chapter and episode 3) I think they know what they're doing and when they'll do it.
End Zionazism
Mar 19, 2012 1:57 PM

Nov 2011
According to your prediction about the chimera ant arc being around ep 70. I would say it would air sometime in February 2013 (this is only if there are no fillers and no breaks, but that is highly unlikely so I would push it to March.)

EDIT: So it does seem he has some time to come back from hiatus, but this anime is burning through the chapters fast! Way faster than the original so idk.

DebaserMar 19, 2012 2:13 PM
Mar 19, 2012 2:08 PM

May 2009
The Chimera arc covers basically Volumes 18 to 30. I think it'll be fine, and as long as it's not a health issue, he'll probably be back soon-ish.
Mar 19, 2012 2:33 PM

Nov 2011
the time slot need to change....
chimera ant arc on morning slot???no good
Mar 19, 2012 2:57 PM

Nov 2011
Mikasa said:

And they'll pull a bleach and postpone production when they catch up (since they don't wanna do fillers) And since Togashi is supervising. (Seeing all the Alluka/morel stuff and the Kiroko changes if you noticed latest chapter and episode 3) I think they know what they're doing and when they'll do it.

How'd do you know they don't want to do fillers? Source plz. And they already added some in already, so I wouldn't say for sure.
Mar 19, 2012 3:28 PM

Oct 2011
There is still A LOT of material that needs to be covered in order for the anime to catch up to the manga. There is no reason at all to be worried at the moment just because the manga currently went on hiatus. It was the perfect spot for Togashi to stop to take a break, so right now I would say things are going pretty smoothely. There is no reason to be worried about what may or may not happen in the future.
Mar 19, 2012 11:44 PM

Mar 2012
Debaser said:
Mikasa said:

How'd do you know they don't want to do fillers? Source plz. And they already added some in already, so I wouldn't say for sure.

There is a difference between filler scenes, filler episodes, and filler arcs.
Filler scenes just make a scene longer that it is, this is what HxH is doing. filler eps and arcs add a whole non-canon story out of nowhere, which causes inconsistencies and is plain annoying because it ruins the quality of the anime. This is the case when an anime catches up to a manga. But MH already said in the first announcement that they won't do fillers
End Zionazism
Mar 20, 2012 1:20 AM
Feb 2010
My only concern is whether they fully animate the Ant arc or rush it because it´s too long in the fear people might get bored of the series otherwise.
And if they adapt the arc well from the manga. That means
1. don´t rush it
2. don´t skip things
3. keep the same fearful feeling that the ants are that strong (so no fanfare music when they beat one)
4. keep the same novelish narration as in the manga.
Chimera_AntMar 20, 2012 1:31 AM
Mar 31, 2012 9:28 PM

Jul 2010
Aww! I actually didn't even know that the manga was on hiatus. That really sucks. I love Hunter x Hunter (I haven't seen the first one) because of the pacing, and I'd hate if it had to be ruined because of the canon material. I hope it starts getting more material in or something :/ It's a pretty popular franchise though..
Jul 13, 2014 2:40 AM

Sep 2007
Give it around 10 more episodes.

I hate to say it, but this incarnation of HxH just ran out of steam towards the end.

Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. --Lord Acton in a letter to Bishop Mandell Creighton, 1887

If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier...just as long as I'm the dictator. --George W. Bush, during his first trip to Washington as President-Elect, Washington, DC, Dec. 18, 2000
Jul 13, 2014 6:17 PM

Feb 2013
Yea 9 more episodes left to be aired probably. Honestly im okay with it ending with this arc. It has good closure and leaves you mostly satisfied with what you've seen so far in the show. Long running animes with such good quality rarely happens anymore. The only thing better than this is a continuation maybe 3 years down the line.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Anisamar - Oct 10, 2011

135 by WienGirl »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

47 by Rhaelynne »»
10 hours ago

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 25, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.