Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 31, 2019 9:49 PM

Jun 2016
I just caught onto a deadly pattern. A Miu focused episode that features Nimura helping her, and now a Sora episode that features Raika helping her... Does that mean... next episode will be a Hina episode where Sako helps her... Oh no. To be more legitimate the first part of the show was about setting up the premise, bonding as a family, and developing Segawa, and these episodes have been about developing the girls. With that in mind there isn't enough development for a 3 year old to have an entire episode be based on them imo, so we may be in the clear!

This was actually a good episode! This and last reminded me of Idol M@ster but that may just be my lack of moe culture anime that's showing here. The process of having a cute girl with problems that reflect her age overcome them wholesomely with the help of her surroundings as she helps those around her with their own problems ultimately leading to a development of the character becoming a stronger person all in an episodic style(for these last 2) just super reminds me of Im@s. Yet, I enjoyed them more than many Im@s episodes. They had some subtlety to them and I liked that. Especially Miu's, her emotions were complex but very real.

Here we had Sora struggle with her tsundere nature of keeping her feelings inside and her perfectionism as we saw a parallel story in Atarashi. She was hard on herself and quit the things she loved due to not being able to keep up with them. If she wasn't a master at singing she had to quit it. If she wasn't as good as Raika at cooking then she would be sad. Due to the amount she was helping she was tired and everything was hard resulting in her being even harder on herself, all without voicing her feelings. It culminated with Segawa telling her that being a part of a family is about being okay with mistakes and asking for help while doing your best, something he only recently truly understood as he went through a similar development before his girls and friends got him out of it. ^_^ Can't forget Raika's role either, she's growing on me so much. She's really a huge good natured dweeb. She let her know its okay to fail and that in time you will succeed if you keep at it, and cheered her up with the you can cry in my arms line which also worked as a it's okay to feel as you do moment.

Really sweet episode. Predictable. Somewhat simplistic, sure. But it was a nice way to add onto Sora to make her more than a simple tsundere and it was nice to see her grow with the achievements of hers at the end.
Mar 9, 2020 1:27 PM

May 2018
Even the 14 year old granny is cute af!
May 13, 2023 1:58 PM

Aug 2019
last episode was miu getting her shit together and this ep was sora so hina next :D?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Mar 6, 2012

112 by sinsforeal »»
Jan 21, 4:39 PM

» The OST in this series sounds like Fire Emblem

jendorei - Jun 27, 2023

1 by Skoorb »»
Jun 27, 2023 11:44 AM

» [Major Spoilers] What ever happened to Oda Raika?

--Dawn-- - Apr 2, 2016

5 by Shreyash101 »»
Jun 24, 2023 2:56 PM

» I came here after watching the ova

Ghefira - May 24, 2023

1 by Skoorb »»
May 25, 2023 11:50 AM

Poll: » Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2012

221 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 13, 2023 2:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.