Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 27, 2020 9:53 AM
Feb 2016
All the people bitching about Yumi's play not being fair were quick to justify the treatment of Taichi by the author(ie constantly getting fucked over in favor of "love") which is pretty ironic. I don't mind what Yumin did. Competitive sports is more and less a "eat or get eaten" world so if she takes any opportunity to win it shows tenacity to win.

However, I'm not really a fan of the lack of checking done in regards to a contest card. Seems like a timesink to leave it up to the players which can take very long considering that no one wouldn't want to let their opponent get even just one card. Would be nice if they had a official referee or some sorts at the tournaments. I can't imagine watching soccer or American football and leaving crucial decisions up to the players.

What i also didn't like is the lack of knowledge regarding her other skills. I highly doubt that being a nitpicky wanker could help you win the game on it's own.
Jan 30, 2021 3:43 PM
Apr 2018
Up until Yumin's Trump card was shown, I thought this could be the best episode in the series so far. Was that all she had? Simply contest every card? Come on. The way its playstyle was explained, it seemed that she relied on her opponents getting nervous or confused by all of her complains and then she would steamroll them.
Feb 28, 2021 4:38 PM

Aug 2018
BUT WHY AHHHHH!!!
May 23, 2021 10:37 PM

Feb 2019
Damn, that sucks. I dislike how Yumin plays. I don't know enough about karuta to say whether it's fair or not, but I definitely dislike it. I really did not want her to win. I wanted Chihaya to win.

What was all that about Chihaya having all the youth, beauty, and talent? She doesn't know how hard Chihaya's been working and just judged her from her looks. Well, guess what, that's exactly what you're angry about, because you think people judge you for your looks. And you're just doing the exact same thing.

This is so frustrating!
Jul 13, 2021 10:19 AM

Jul 2015
I found it quite hilarious how Coach Kitano opened the window and motivated not only Yumin but also every other player. I initially felt bad for Yumin with her having lost motivation but I took that back seeing her use the underhanded trick with her pinkie, that liar can literally f#ck of with that lying attitude. I hope that piece of shit gets obliterated once again by Shinobu.

Aug 9, 2021 7:32 PM

Jan 2021
Gosh!! I hate Yumin so much.
I can’t describe the amount of hatred I have for her.
Feb 13, 2022 10:56 PM

Jul 2008
Regardless of whether Yumi was "lying," I think it isn't the best thing to literally be known within the Karuta world as someone who tries to claim every card. In an earlier episode (I believe the one where Chihaya was playing Shinobu?), Chihaya and the Queen hit a card, and the spectators were sure Chihaya had it. But then Chihaya told the Queen she touched it first and let the Queen take it. It was said that the best players always know who actually touched it first.

But with Yumi it seems more like she will take whatever she can get and uses that to her advantage to win.

With that play style, I can totally see how she couldn't defend her title as the Queen even once.
Mar 29, 2022 12:27 PM

Feb 2021
Wait so then why didn't her strat work against the new queen? Still feel bad if she puts in that much work and isn't given credit nevertheless
Jun 21, 2022 7:02 AM

May 2018
Not sure why Chihaya's so surprised. She she know she doesn't stand a chance against the previous Queen
Oct 28, 2022 9:59 PM

Oct 2021
That was more BS then pokemon league finales
Eiyuu Senki Theme Until MAL Adds The Manga
Mar 24, 2023 12:25 PM
Aug 2020
Am I the only one who was rooting for Yumin
Mar 26, 2023 5:43 AM

Jul 2016
I was feeling slightly sorry for Yumin up until she started her "I hit it first" arguments. Don't think I was this annoyed with a character since gradeschooler Taichi.
Dec 10, 2023 9:37 PM

Oct 2022
I guess dirty tricks exist in this game as well xD. But hey, won't there be an actual referee to see who touched the card first? It's kind of like a free hit for opportunists coz all they have to do is press hard on arguing they touched the card first. Chihaya clearly lost 2-3 cards like that and she actually lost by 4 cards damn.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 29, 2011

216 by minnaslay127 »»
Apr 24, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zimno - Oct 11, 2011

180 by saabiK »»
Mar 14, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 13, 2011

146 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 1, 2011

182 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Confucius - Oct 10, 2011

115 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 11, 2:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.