Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Feb 28, 2012 11:39 AM

Dec 2010
DraconisMarch said:
Hinaaa said:
Hakuromatsu said:
mp said:
It's getting better but I wonder how it will wrap it all up in just 12 episodes?

I actually think we're getting close. EP9 is going to be a big one, especially if Matsunaga's cassette tape is revealed to be significant.
I agree. EP9 is going to be huge.

If I want to respond to more than one quote without having to do it multiple times. How exactly do I do that? Dumb question, I know. I don't want to continue to spam y'all by posting two or three times in a row though.
Just click the quote button below each person's post. It'll keep adding them to the end of your reply block. There's always copy/paste if it encompasses more than one page.

Thank youuuu!

@LovingHate I hate driving by tanks and big trucks as well. It makes me so nervous, especially since my mom has such a small car. >.<
Deliveries go here pls <3
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Feb 28, 2012 11:40 AM

Feb 2012
LovingHate said:

- Why did they all have to have huge boobs?

The boobs are not that big but still, Mei shouldn't have these.

LovingHate said:

- That ending left me with my mouth open. I thought the curse didn't work outside of Yomiyama?

I don't think there is a curse. Everything that happened so far can be explained logically.

@LovingHate I hate driving by tanks and big trucks as well. It makes me so nervous, especially since my mom has such a small car. >.<

So do I!
Don't know if this is common sense or instinct though.
nathanrFeb 28, 2012 11:43 AM
Feb 28, 2012 11:52 AM
Feb 2012
So, the curse works outside of Yomiyama if the dead person is outside of Yomi too.
That narrows to: Kouichi, Mei, blonde guy, Reiko, girl with glassess, overconfident pigtails and that dude who's always close to Reiko. Not too great mystery now. Even though I know who is the dead one (it definitely seems they haven't changed manga about that), I would exclude Kouichi, because of all hints that he could actually be dead by the rule of other (non-anime) horror movies.
Feb 28, 2012 11:56 AM

Jul 2011
i just finished watching another episode, that first part didn't fool me though, obvious troll is obvious

that guy died in a horrible way, though it wasn't as gruesome as that teacher suicide death that came out of nowhere, i think that student getting minced in the boat engine is a lot worse but they didn't show much of the blood and gore like last episode

but what does this mean? i thought the curse can only activate when you are inside the town, does this mean they are no longer safe no matter where they are, or maybe it activated because they were getting closer to stopping it, dam that's freaky

by the way is it just me or is izumi starting to take an interest in kouichi? it seemed like she was trying to get closer to him in this episode
Feb 28, 2012 12:08 PM

Jan 2010
I have loved this serie from the beginning. Every episode is interesting and I just can't wait a week to see next one. This episode is not an exception, because I think it was nice to see characters outside of school, having fun and there was zero percent fanservice, I'm so used to see beach episodes what are full of girls who want to show themselves to boys and boys only talk about the girls. So this was really nice episode.

They just fooled me and I believed that there will be no killing this time. I was so happy with them. I'm not sad, that I was wrong and I'm happy that the character wasn't important to me. And cause of the end I'm waiting that I will see how they will deal with this. Maybe this kill will be the start for the real chase for the killer. Yeah, I believe there is someone who kills them, no curse. But I can be wrong.
Feb 28, 2012 12:27 PM

Feb 2011
Well this episode obviously didn't have the usual vibe to it, until the end that is. But lets get real here, the dude was literally asking for it. Comn it's like even they knew that he was gonna die and they were just sitting there and waiting for it to happen. It was that expected. I actually found it rather funny.

An pretty good episode tho. 4/5
Feb 28, 2012 12:33 PM

Aug 2008
For some strange reason, I always find the girl with glasses creepy. Even more so than Mei.

Mei looks very cute in this episode btw. She was actually scared of the octopus lol.
Feb 28, 2012 12:34 PM
Feb 2012
Awwww i enjoyed this ep a lot :)
Mei was super cute especially when that octopus or squid got her
i mean during the suicide scene she was like meh... but now she actually got scared
it was really nice to see the emotional side of her since she always act indifferent
It seem like Yuuya Mochizuki is gonna get killed by a lighting,yay another thing to become paranoid about and no please not him :(
It seem to me that the death was supposed to be expected which made it even more interesting for me :D i mean i was like:
omg big wind omg this guy is going for it omg dramatic back ground music,ah he is fine
omg he is gone again omg its that music again omg omg omg boat ... hes dead :/
Feb 28, 2012 12:42 PM
Dec 2007
nathanr said:
Watching this anime is sorta painful for me. Why won't they stop believing this curse&witches bs and start looking for the culprit already?
Because it is a curse. Or do you really think one criminal mastermind can somehow make someone trip from a flight of stairs into an umbrella, make an elevator fall, drive a teacher into suicide, give an student a heart attack and make the wind throw a ball far out to sea in order to make an student go for the ball and get rammed by a speedboat? I admit some of those parts are very man-made but a lot have been proven to be complete accidents without human intervention. As such, 1 time is a coincidence, two times is a fluke, 3 times it starts to smell, and by now it's just imposible to be purely "accidental" or "incidental".

You could make a case that it's all just a series of accidents and sad events with no correlation but then you'd have to dismiss the 25 years the curse has been in effect. It's been so consistent that the student body has even found rules to which the curse is bound (only members of the class and their inmediate family die, the farther away from town the less affected by it, their memories of the year are fuzzy afterwards and it at least 1 person dies per month).
Leon-GunFeb 28, 2012 12:46 PM

Feb 28, 2012 1:23 PM

Oct 2011
DjoxyAE said:

omg big wind omg this guy is going for it omg dramatic back ground music,ah he is fine
omg he is gone again omg its that music again omg omg omg boat ... hes dead :/

LOL nice reaction there
“I’m glad you stopped me. I was really worried that you really wish that you never met me. I’m glad that I met you. I had a wonderful life. No matter what may await me, please don’t regret meeting me.” - Nagisa Furukawa

Feb 28, 2012 1:31 PM
Feb 2012
Leon-Gun said:
Because it is a curse. Or do you really think one criminal mastermind can somehow make someone trip from a flight of stairs into an umbrella, make an elevator fall, drive a teacher into suicide, give an student a heart attack and make the wind throw a ball far out to sea in order to make an student go for the ball and get rammed by a speedboat? I admit some of those parts are very man-made but a lot have been proven to be complete accidents without human intervention. As such, 1 time is a coincidence, two times is a fluke, 3 times it starts to smell, and by now it's just imposible to be purely "accidental" or "incidental".

You could make a case that it's all just a series of accidents and sad events with no correlation but then you'd have to dismiss the 25 years the curse has been in effect. It's been so consistent that the student body has even found rules to which the curse is bound (only members of the class and their inmediate family die, the farther away from town the less affected by it, their memories of the year are fuzzy afterwards and it at least 1 person dies per month).

Im starting to think that this "curse" has a mind of its own
or it is maybe a ghost of misaki (mei's sister or the dude from 26 years ago)
who wants revenge for some reason
either-way i am expecting some mind blowing plot twist at the end
Feb 28, 2012 1:48 PM

Dec 2010
Does anyone think that the next episode might have flashbacks from the past "curse" victims, however even if the dead being shown again in the preview is just another dream, its a safe bet a least one person will die, if not more; my bet is on the kid who likes to draw. Also quick question the guy who died this episode drowned before the boat, or after? because it seemed like he was just floating there as the boat went by.
Feb 28, 2012 2:13 PM

Jun 2009
The guy who died was that Teshigawa's friend? If so, based on ED Teshigawa is next. And he's my fav. guy (not counting Koichi). But I was seriously fooled by the whole fanservice.
PerlaNemesisFeb 29, 2012 12:19 PM
Feb 28, 2012 2:17 PM

Jun 2011
This episode felt completely pointless to me. I was bored the entire time. >.< It went nowhere and was just an excuse to put some moe chicks in bikinis. I have no idea what they were thinking make such a meaningless episode into the mix. Gawd Damn - you better be redeeming yourself next week Another because this shit - it ain't cool.
Feb 28, 2012 2:19 PM
Feb 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
Also quick question the guy who died this episode drowned before the boat, or after? because it seemed like he was just floating there as the boat went by.

That could actually be the case, he drowned, his dead body floats and gets partially sliced by boat. That's why he couldn't notice the boat - he was already dead. Nice view.
Feb 28, 2012 2:23 PM

Apr 2011
HAHAHAAHHAHAAHAAHA I KNEW IT!!!!!

...NOW YOUR DEAD YOU LAME SIDE CHARACTER OF A MOTHERFCKER!!
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Feb 28, 2012 2:24 PM
Sep 2011
I think the older guy on the trip did save everyone.
In fact the library teacher said the murders (and yes I still see them as murders) that the murders only happened inside of the town making this one odd, and as such I think that the old guy found and killed the origional killer, and then out of shock of killing a person want mad and repressed the memories.
Since then the murders have been carried out by a different person likely a family member, friend or an acompolice of the origional since these murders likely have more than one culprit.
I also so far have a explanation for a way a person could have done every murder except for the new one this episode which I will have to make one for.
Feb 28, 2012 2:59 PM

Dec 2011
I swear that in the end of the episode, I whispered for myself: "nice boat".
Feb 28, 2012 3:14 PM

Dec 2010
So whats the general guess on here, on who the dead is?
Feb 28, 2012 3:16 PM

Aug 2011
BossLuffy said:
HAHAHAAHHAHAAHAAHA I KNEW IT!!!!!

...NOW YOUR DEAD YOU LAME SIDE CHARACTER OF A MOTHERFCKER!!
Lol'd a little too hard at that.

InfiniteDestiny said:
Yeah, guys. Who the dead is?
Feb 28, 2012 3:31 PM

Feb 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:

Reiko. I mean, take a look at this image:

Feb 28, 2012 3:43 PM

Dec 2010
Hakuromatsu said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

Doesn't it have to be someone in the class though? thus the whole reason for causing someone not to "exist" to offset the balance.

Btw does anyone know what month it is in show?
Feb 28, 2012 3:52 PM

Oct 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
Hakuromatsu said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

Doesn't it have to be someone in the class though? thus the whole reason for causing someone not to "exist" to offset the balance.

Reiko is the assistant homeroom teacher. So she still qualifies.
“I’m glad you stopped me. I was really worried that you really wish that you never met me. I’m glad that I met you. I had a wonderful life. No matter what may await me, please don’t regret meeting me.” - Nagisa Furukawa

Feb 28, 2012 4:08 PM

Dec 2010
balot55 said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Hakuromatsu said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

Reiko is the assistant homeroom teacher. So she still qualifies.

Forgot about that, It would explain a few things; since they said she went through a lot when she was homeroom teacher; 1996 was the year it stopped half way right? so perhaps that was the year she stopped being homeroom teacher and died? There was also that thing with the date being altered in the records.
Feb 28, 2012 4:09 PM
Feb 2012
Why is that screencap special?
Feb 28, 2012 4:16 PM

Dec 2010
the_trainman said:
Why is that screencap special?

If you mean the one Hakuromastu posted its because of the way she is portrayed through the window;i never considered Reiko because i forgot that she qualifies; but if you assume it has to be one of the group since the recent death occurred outside Yomiyama, her chances go up, since its fair to say some of the group can already be counted out.
Feb 28, 2012 4:22 PM
Nov 2011
An alright episode. Nothing too special. I seriously don't get why that guy was so determined to get the ball. Like, come on. I wish the death was a bit more graphic though, it could of beaten out the teacher suicide for my favorite death if they had done that!
Feb 28, 2012 4:23 PM
Feb 2012
So it's unusual she's portrayed through that blurry-style window? Well yeah, come to think of it, it is...

Also Kouichi's grandparents (in the past episodes) never seem to talk directly to Reiko, which is strange.
Feb 28, 2012 4:30 PM

Dec 2010
the_trainman said:
So it's unusual she's portrayed through that blurry-style window? Well yeah, come to think of it, it is...

Also Kouichi's grandparents (in the past episodes) never seem to talk directly to Reiko, which is strange.

There are other things also; the grandfather said poor Ritsuko, poor Reiko as if they both died, and also the year it stopped half way was 1996, Reiko if i remember correctly was once a homeroom teacher but then "went through a lot" and became a assistant, so perhaps she died in 1996, it stopped half way and she came back as an assistant.
Feb 28, 2012 4:32 PM
Feb 2012
There are like only 3 real candidates for the dead one:
-Mei: dolls, fucking 2 coffins, and the creepiness added;
-Reiko: well more & more possible and
-pigtails girl: why u so confident u not dead? lol
Feb 28, 2012 4:37 PM
Feb 2012
Also grandpa said at some point he's tired of funerals.

He could simply refer to his old friends' funerals, but also to Ritsuko & Reiko's.
Feb 28, 2012 4:39 PM

Jan 2009
Didnt expect this ending
Feb 28, 2012 4:40 PM

Dec 2010
I would say its fair to say its not Mei or Sakakibara, one being he was confirmed by Mei to be alive, and the other because it wouldn't be much of a twist, so plot wise I'd say its safe to say Mei is not dead. So that leaves Azakawa and Reiko; what i wonder about Azakawa more than about the possibility of her being dead is the idea that she remembers Sakakibara and the dad said he was in Yomiyama a year and a half ago but then said he was mistaken only to be cut off; so i think when she finally remembers what she forgot we will have our plot twist.
Feb 28, 2012 4:43 PM
Feb 2012
She could have seen him at Reiko's funeral, if Reiko is the dead one. And if funeral was in Yomiyama that is...

But I really don't like that amount of confidence pigtails has: she knows the dead one comes back with a normal body and all (no cold hands etc. - just some wild guess), that person won't know she/he's dead or anyone other - memory alteration; so it would be quite natural (in that circumstances) to question yourself, even Kouichi did that.
vopiFeb 28, 2012 4:51 PM
Feb 28, 2012 4:52 PM

Dec 2010
She could have, but that would be the twist wouldn't it, because he doesn't remember going, it seems that part of the phenomenon is the altercation of dates and memories as seen with the roster and the fact that Katsumi doesn't remember the clue he left behind. It really all does fit if Reiko is the dead.

The month is July or August? because they said people die by the month right? So how long do they have to hold out for, if they can't stop it?
Feb 28, 2012 4:54 PM

Oct 2010
nathanr said:
LovingHate said:

- Why did they all have to have huge boobs?

The boobs are not that big but still, Mei shouldn't have these.
It was made so you cry when those girls die cause their breasts will rot and you could not do jack shit to prevent it and savor them cause it's anime. I know the setup but it's not a good one IMO less some fap to this episode or got sexually attracted whom I can say to Mei I might have for her skin but that's it. So if anything happens to Mei, now that is going to be hard. The rest, well I don't have to worry over their breasts rotting since they are dead and yes they are in the OP so they will die most likely.

Remember that other girl with the glasses Suigita I think, likes Teshigawara. She is seen jealous in the OP at one point IMO. Chances are we might have a fight around for love.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 28, 2012 4:57 PM
Feb 2012
Kouichi definitely was in Yomi before, his dad says so over the phone, but the phenomenon quickly jumps in and alters his dad's memory before he could spit it out. That phone noise may very well be how the memory alteration manifests...
Feb 28, 2012 4:59 PM

Dec 2010
There is also more to the theory if Reiko is indeed dead; the year is 1998 currently right? if you subtract 1 year and a half like the dad said it would be half way into 1996, that is the year the deaths stopped half way; so if Sakakibara went to Reiko's potential funeral halfway into 1996 Azakawa could have seen him then; however when Reiko came back the memories were altered once again just like the guy in the Library said. Reiko dying in 1996 could have been what caused the deaths to stop halfway. Also the dad could remember because they compared it to a cell phone signal right? since he is India it wouldn't be that impossible to say he partially remembered if the signal analogy they made is correct.
Feb 28, 2012 5:03 PM
Feb 2012
Yeah, memory alteration had to step up to reach him all the way to India lol

Even that freakin' bird asks "Rei(ko), why?"

Too many hints really...
Feb 28, 2012 5:08 PM

Nov 2011
Gotta love these freak accidents. For the whole day, not a single boat was spotted, and one finally does appear, there just has to be a drowning teenager right in its path.
Feb 28, 2012 5:10 PM

Feb 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
Reiko if i remember correctly was once a homeroom teacher but then "went through a lot" and became a assistant, so perhaps she died in 1996, it stopped half way and she came back as an assistant.

You're confusing Mikami with Reiko (which I've been seeing a lot on the internet).
Feb 28, 2012 5:11 PM
Feb 2012
Mikami is Reiko... (full name Reiko Mikami duh).
Feb 28, 2012 5:14 PM

Dec 2010
Hakuromatsu said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Reiko if i remember correctly was once a homeroom teacher but then "went through a lot" and became a assistant, so perhaps she died in 1996, it stopped half way and she came back as an assistant.

You're confusing Mikami with Reiko (which I've been seeing a lot on the internet).

Her name is Reiko Mikami right?
Feb 28, 2012 5:16 PM
Feb 2012
^ Well yeah, it's the same person.
Feb 28, 2012 5:19 PM

Dec 2010
If i recall they said something about school rules thus why he address her as Reiko at home and Ms.Mikami at school, now that i think about it though Ms. Mikami and Reiko (whether same or different) act completely different; Ms. Mikami looks scared out of her mind all the time.
Feb 28, 2012 5:22 PM
Feb 2012
It wouldn't be nice (especially in Japan I guess) to call her at work "oh hai aunt, what's up", would it?
Feb 28, 2012 5:23 PM

Feb 2012
Hakuromatsu said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

Reiko is mikami. It's even in the MAL anime profile.

I'm with everyone else here; Reiko is the likely candidate.

- The bird keeps saying her name
- Her headaches when trying to remember the past
- Sakakibara's dad said he was in Yomiyama a year and a half ago which was 1996, coinciding with the librarian saying certain events happened to Reiko. Also explains why Izumi has 'seen' sakakibara before ( At reiko's funeral )
- Sakakibara's grandpa whispered Reiko's name ( And his grandpa is tired of funerals hint hint )
- The guy in ep 8 that the group tried to contact remembers seeing her before but Reiko denies it. Could have been for Reiko's funeral.

Now, obviously it's not 100% ( Unless you spoil yourself and read the wiki which I havn't ), but even if we're right about it being Reiko, it's the journey that matters in a story.

We still don't know who else is going to die, nor do we know how the group will find out who the dead one is and that's all that matters.

If endings being spoiled mattered, then prequels wouldn't be popular ( Fate/Zero or Star Wars :P )
YveseFeb 28, 2012 5:28 PM
Feb 28, 2012 5:29 PM

Dec 2010
Now here is the question at least me for me; lets say for the time being it is in fact Reiko; she died in 1996 when the deaths stopped halfway; is her death the reason they stopped, if so why her? what would it take this time for the deaths to stop; will it continue until the "select" person like Reiko dies? because we haven't heard anything of her being the person chosen not to exist if i remember so for all we know she was just a normal student in the class which leaves the question open.
Feb 28, 2012 5:32 PM

Feb 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
Now here is the question at least me for me; lets say for the time being it is in fact Reiko; she died in 1996 when the deaths stopped halfway; is her death the reason they stopped, if so why her? what would it take this time for the deaths to stop; will it continue until the "select" person like Reiko dies? because we haven't heard anything of her being the person chosen not to exist if i remember so for all we know she was just a normal student in the class which leaves the question open.
I think the answer is simple.

If Reiko is the 'another', then they have to kill her. It's already been said that making someone 'not exist' no longer works so the only option left is to kill the 'another'.

Question is how will they find out it's her? I'm sure Sakakibara will be hesitant so I'm eager to see how it all plays out. Maybe Sakakibara will ask his grandpa about reiko? /shrug

Also, someone said earlier that in ep1 they showed the locations of people that have died so far ( Which means that future death locations are also in it which I find interesting ).

In ep1, a large mansion is shown ( The same mansion in the ep 9 preview! )
Feb 28, 2012 5:34 PM
Feb 2012
I think the curse stops at the end of schoolyear (and then resets for the next schoolyear).

It can be stopped prematurely by doing something that guy did, only what?

If it is killing the dead one (yeah I know how it sounds, basically make him die a second time) then shit will happen.
vopiFeb 28, 2012 5:37 PM
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1042 by Fanerogame »»
Mar 28, 9:05 AM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.