Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 8, 2012 12:42 PM

Apr 2009
windy said:

ALSO I'M SURE NOBODY CARES ABOUT THIS BUT ME BUT OMFG DENT IS GETTING A FIGURE MY LIFE IS COMPLETE

Not really,thats a garage kit meaning its a fanmade figure thats pathetically limited and you need to build and paint yourself.
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Mar 8, 2012 12:43 PM

Nov 2006
xxangelchanxx said:
windy said:

ALSO I'M SURE NOBODY CARES ABOUT THIS BUT ME BUT OMFG DENT IS GETTING A FIGURE MY LIFE IS COMPLETE

Not really,thats a garage kit meaning its a fanmade figure thats pathetically limited and you need to build and paint yourself.
No it's not... It's a Banpresto prize figure.
Mar 8, 2012 1:15 PM

Apr 2010
windy said:
Fuck yeah triple Wailord battle. Nothing better.

Mar 8, 2012 1:38 PM

Jan 2012
I swear to god, they're ruining the goddamn franchise with all these new games. In the opinion of someone who's been playing since it was out in the US in 1998(when I was 5), anything past the third generation is, quite frankly, shit.

EDIT: Okay, that sounds kind of cynical, but what I mean is that most of them past 3rd gen are ripoffs of everything in gens 1-3. The remakes were good, maybe they should just stick to those :P
Wicked_GloryMar 8, 2012 1:46 PM
Lemme smang it girl.
Mar 8, 2012 1:44 PM
Jun 2011
windy said:

You're right I don't.

I want a Bel or Iris figure. I already have the Hikari one.

but Yanappu looks cute.
Mar 8, 2012 1:46 PM

Feb 2012
Beedlebud said:
Hakuromatsu said:
leingodf8 said:
But what exactly did gen 5 do that was so "fresh?"

Triple battles and rotation battles, obviously. Nothing at all like double battles. Which in turn were nothing at all like regular battles. >_>

...and you know, having a decent storyline.

Sorry, I was being disingenuous. I actually really like Black and White.
Mar 8, 2012 2:36 PM

Nov 2006
Armiga21 said:
You're right I don't.

I want a Bel or Iris figure. I already have the Hikari one.

but Yanappu looks cute.
I'd be surprised if they didn't make an Iris at some point. Is your Hikari the one with Piplup? If so, I'm jelly as fuck.
Mar 8, 2012 2:37 PM

Nov 2011
Hakuromatsu said:
Beedlebud said:
Hakuromatsu said:
leingodf8 said:
But what exactly did gen 5 do that was so "fresh?"

Triple battles and rotation battles, obviously. Nothing at all like double battles. Which in turn were nothing at all like regular battles. >_>

...and you know, having a decent storyline.

Sorry, I was being disingenuous. I actually really like Black and White.

^Yeah, me too. It had everything I've wanted in a Pokemon game for years now. I've been quite pleased with GF lately.
Mar 8, 2012 4:12 PM

Jun 2008
InTheBushes321 said:
I swear to god, they're ruining the goddamn franchise with all these new games. In the opinion of someone who's been playing since it was out in the US in 1998(when I was 5), anything past the third generation is, quite frankly, shit.

EDIT: Okay, that sounds kind of cynical, but what I mean is that most of them past 3rd gen are ripoffs of everything in gens 1-3. The remakes were good, maybe they should just stick to those :P
Actually, the only thing that means anything is that you've grown out of Pokemon. Remakes will bring the nostalgic factor, but you really grown out of it.

That's fine, dude. I never finished Black and White because I got tired of the same stuff too, but that doesn't mean Black and White isn't a good game. Any kid who haven't played Pokemon for the first time will love this, just like how old timers loved Blue/Red, Gold/Silver, so on and so forth.
Mar 8, 2012 4:52 PM

Mar 2012
What I meant by freshness was how streamlined everything felt, how it felt like they were trying to make a good game, even though it was recycled gameplay.

Like how the region was set in the USA as opposed to Japan-- a whole new sense of location without any old pokemon before the E4? That was pretty cool.

Animated sprites and some nicer interface, dream world, more effort on the storyline-- it feels like they tried harder this gen than gen IV. Not that I didn't like gen IV, I just think GF tried harder with B/W.

There's undoubtedly plenty of recycled game mechanics, but I just think they did damn well on these games. :)

also thanks for the welcome Shoryuuken, haha.
Mar 11, 2012 9:38 AM

Jan 2012
Of course, the legendary is Kyurem. UwU;
Mar 12, 2012 5:03 AM

Nov 2008
snugglybutt said:
What I meant by freshness was how streamlined everything felt, how it felt like they were trying to make a good game, even though it was recycled gameplay.

Like how the region was set in the USA as opposed to Japan-- a whole new sense of location without any old pokemon before the E4? That was pretty cool.

Animated sprites and some nicer interface, dream world, more effort on the storyline-- it feels like they tried harder this gen than gen IV. Not that I didn't like gen IV, I just think GF tried harder with B/W.

There's undoubtedly plenty of recycled game mechanics, but I just think they did damn well on these games. :)

also thanks for the welcome Shoryuuken, haha.
But there were no core changes in the 1 vs 1 battle system in Gen 5 either, unlike any other Generation. Gen 1, was the original, Gen 2 introduced hold items and two new types, Gen 3 had abilities for each Pokemon and introduced the current EV system, Gen 4 removed the association that was made between physical/special attacks and types. What did Gen 5 introduce? The Dream World for new abilities on old Pokemon? Oh, and unlimited TM usage, but that merely makes things more convenient, and doesn't effect in-battle gameplay.

So the gameplay is practically unchanged for 80% of the game (because there are a few ingame rotation/triple battles) between Gen 4 and Gen 5 apart from the completely different Pokemon meaning that you can't rely on traditionally common, but solid Pokemon like Zubat, Geodude and Tentacool to use on your adventure.

So single battles are basically Gen 4 with different Pokemon. I guess Game Freak decided to take a different focus with Gen 5.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Mar 12, 2012 7:35 AM

Feb 2012
FOEbulous-max said:
But there were no core changes in the 1 vs 1 battle system in Gen 5 either, unlike any other Generation. Gen 1, was the original, Gen 2 introduced hold items and two new types, Gen 3 had abilities for each Pokemon and introduced the current EV system, Gen 4 removed the association that was made between physical/special attacks and types. What did Gen 5 introduce? The Dream World for new abilities on old Pokemon? Oh, and unlimited TM usage, but that merely makes things more convenient, and doesn't effect in-battle gameplay.

So the gameplay is practically unchanged for 80% of the game (because there are a few ingame rotation/triple battles) between Gen 4 and Gen 5 apart from the completely different Pokemon meaning that you can't rely on traditionally common, but solid Pokemon like Zubat, Geodude and Tentacool to use on your adventure.

So single battles are basically Gen 4 with different Pokemon. I guess Game Freak decided to take a different focus with Gen 5.

I agree, but I have to say...the Dream World made my OU Sunlight team possible by giving Ninetales Drought and Venusaur Chlorophyll (it doesn't play terribly well in the current metagame, but it sure is fun). And of even bigger impact was giving Politoed Drizzle and Dragonite Multiscale (about one-fifth of all competitive teams right now run a Dragonite). The Dream World isn't an actual gameplay change, but it's a huge metagameplay change; it made us think about past Pokemon in very different ways.

But I do agree with you the Game Freak didn't really push themselves with Gen 5. And I still think the single biggest change that's ever been made to gameplay was the disassociation of physical/special from types in Gen 4.
Mar 12, 2012 12:05 PM

Apr 2010
On the ingame side, B/W is a very small update from D/P/Pt... but on the metagame side, everything is changed. Weather is everywhere, new powerful abilities have been given to some old relics... heck lamezekins dream world ability was so overpowered it got banned to uber... and moody is so freaking cheap its been banned altogether (which is sad, because glalie definitly needed something). Whats more, a plethora of strong boosting moves was added (although most of them got pretty limited distribution). While not quite as big as gen 4 I think... what with stuff like new entry hazards and much more powerful moves, its still a pretty dramatic shift.

leingodf8Mar 12, 2012 12:15 PM
Mar 13, 2012 7:37 AM

Feb 2010
Ironically, despite the fact that there were only a few changes for the in-battle gameplay between Gen IV and V (Hypnosis accuracy trollolol) compared to the previous generation shifts, the DW pretty much broke any pretense of GameFreak trying to avoid power creep.

First shiny I saw barring Red Gyara was a Snorunt, but I didn't catch it. I've got a shiny Palpitoad, though. :3
Mar 13, 2012 1:17 PM

Feb 2012
Akito_Kinomoto said:
(Hypnosis accuracy trollolol)

Ugh, don't even mention that. That pissed me off so much (and I think Game Freak realized their mistake; they couldn't even wait for Gen 5 and had to change it as soon as Platinum).
CuriousThingMar 13, 2012 1:21 PM
Mar 14, 2012 8:14 PM
May 2011
Hopefully they don't drop the ball on this. Obviously nintendo is running out of ideas lol.
Mar 15, 2012 3:51 PM

Nov 2011
Updated first post with box art. Did anyone notice the official site update (only slightly though, it's still a teaser site), and now White and Black Kyurem have red and blue tubes coming out of them? Weird....
Mar 16, 2012 8:14 AM

Feb 2012
Beedlebud said:
Updated first post with box art. Did anyone notice the official site update (only slightly though, it's still a teaser site), and now White and Black Kyurem have red and blue tubes coming out of them? Weird....

Probably some kind of energy, I don't know... it's weird though S:
Apr 11, 2012 10:04 PM

Apr 2010

Well there ya go, some actual images of the game. Set 2 years later apperently so we get a couple of new ridiculous looking protagonists ~ (guy on the left with the spiky hair is the new rival)

Also yay, older pokemon will be catchable. Even going to be a few new cities it seems, as well as new gyms (what with them showing off 2 new gym leaders, one the water guy with goggles and the chick with the scoliopede guitar, who's poison)
leingodf8Apr 12, 2012 9:43 AM
Apr 11, 2012 10:18 PM
Jul 2018
Damn, that male protagonist looks dumb as hell.
Apr 12, 2012 9:42 AM

Apr 2010
^ personally found the cinnamon bun hair much more hilarious.
Apr 12, 2012 11:13 AM

Apr 2012
sleeplesstown said:
Damn, that male protagonist looks dumb as hell.
who gives a shit fuckyeahpsyduck
Apr 12, 2012 12:43 PM

May 2009
The Mc's do look younger then Hilbert and Hilda.
Back to the 10's.

But Idc about that, I hope this game will have alot of content like Pokemon Platinium.
Apr 12, 2012 12:45 PM

Nov 2011
I'm so happy. This game is looking to be awesome!

I don't like the two protagonists as much as the previous ones, but they're still really good. I honestly really love the rival's design though. I don't know why. It just looks really cool :D

Oh, and that professor looks evil....

Shoryuuken said:
The Mc's do look younger then Hilbert and Hilda.
Back to the 10's.

But Idc about that, I hope this game will have alot of content like Pokemon Platinium.

They certainly look younger, but I still wouldn't say 10. (Hell, the chick has a bigger chest than Hilda/White.)
Apr 12, 2012 1:31 PM

Dec 2008
my only gripe is that since this isnt a new gen this wouldve been the perfect time to experiment and try new types for the starter pokemon

...and i hope transferring is fast for this game, ive got over 700 pokemon to transfer over.
Apr 12, 2012 1:50 PM

Mar 2012
I still need to finish Black, but I'll be buying this game no doubt.
Apr 12, 2012 2:22 PM

Feb 2012
Jimb0 said:
my only gripe is that since this isnt a new gen this wouldve been the perfect time to experiment and try new types for the starter pokemon

There are actually only three other triplets of types that have a rock-paper-scissors relationship with one another:

- Fighting/Flying/Rock
- Poison/Ground/Grass
- Rock/Steel/Fire

And those are all kind of boring.
Apr 12, 2012 2:39 PM

Apr 2010
Hakuromatsu said:
Jimb0 said:

There are actually only three other triplets of types that have a rock-paper-scissors relationship with one another:

- Fighting/Flying/Rock
- Poison/Ground/Grass
- Rock/Steel/Fire

How exactly is that boring... a poison starter would be badass (a primarily poison starter that is...)
Apr 12, 2012 3:34 PM

Feb 2012
leingodf8 said:
Hakuromatsu said:

- Fighting/Flying/Rock
- Poison/Ground/Grass
- Rock/Steel/Fire

How exactly is that boring... a poison starter would be badass (a primarily poison starter that is...)

They're boring from Game Freak's perspective even if they're not boring from ours. Grass/Fire/Water starters are exciting and very marketable, especially considering that 1) they're aligned with the primary colors green, red, and blue, and 2) the type effectiveness between those three types is easy to intuitively understand (Fire burns Grass, Grass absorbs Water, and Water quenches Fire). I would love to see one of those other three type triangles used, but it's probably not something Game Freak would do.

If Fighting/Psychic/Dark had a perfect rock-paper-scissors relationship (which it almost does), I could actually see it being used. That would be fun.
Apr 12, 2012 5:33 PM

Aug 2007
Didi you read the latest news of this games? Well, when I read them I said: Now I want the game. I'm really cowries about this game.
Apr 12, 2012 6:07 PM

Feb 2005
Yea, I don't know. There's not really any new critters it seems, so I can't be that excited by a reshuffled pokedex really. But at least the map changes might make it worth it. Hope they add a lot.
Apr 12, 2012 8:31 PM

Apr 2010
Baman said:
Yea, I don't know. There's not really any new critters it seems, so I can't be that excited by a reshuffled pokedex really. But at least the map changes might make it worth it. Hope they add a lot.

Well to be honest I never thought they would add a new critter... what with the complications it would add to trading with the original Black and white. At best they might add some new forms rotom style.
Apr 12, 2012 8:32 PM

Nov 2011
I hope we find out more about N soon.....
Apr 12, 2012 8:55 PM

Apr 2012
What I want to see is what new legendary they add and what new moves and abilities they give to existing pokemon. I don't want to sound like a nerd, but this sort of things gets me really excited since I do play Pokemon competitively online.

Apr 13, 2012 1:28 PM

Apr 2012
It reminds me of Gale of Darkness (also set a few years after the original game in same region with some changes and new towns and a different main character). Anyways I'm really excited--this looks promising.
Apr 13, 2012 10:17 PM

Nov 2011

hell yes! Trailer with tons of gameplay footage! Wahoo!
Apr 13, 2012 11:41 PM

Dec 2010
My friend and I are playing it now. The starting grass pokemon is a piece of shit. I'm so glad I went with fire, he's a fucking boss.

Just started, but I enjoy the game play :)

I agree that it would be cool to have a different type of starting pokemon though, but oh well..
Apr 14, 2012 7:29 AM

Feb 2005
Beedlebud said:

hell yes! Trailer with tons of gameplay footage! Wahoo!
Uuuuh! Was that Team Rocket at 0:36? Awesome if those wankers get back again.
Apr 14, 2012 10:06 AM

May 2009
That awesome Beedle, thanks!!
It looks like Team Rocket indeed will make it return, nice.
Apr 14, 2012 10:11 AM

Apr 2010
serebii said:
...we now know that there will also be a plethora of new information within the next issue of CoroCoro, due out on May 15th. In addition to the information, there will be a 48 page manga book and what is listed as a "New Pokémon Scoop" This does not necessarily mean that there will be a new Pokémon or new form although it implies it, but does raise the question of possibilities for information next month

may 15th I guess is when they'll start giving the big reveals.

^I'll wait and see before I jump in on the whole rocket return. Could be the new team just dresses similar >.>
Apr 14, 2012 10:33 AM

May 2009
Yea, I Shouldn't jump into conclusions seeing people in black for like 2 secs >.>

Today was an bad pokemon day btw. Caught an Feebas...... with Adamant nature Srsly....
Apr 14, 2012 10:35 AM

Feb 2012
So, I guess the Rocket grunt from Cerulean finally decided to give up his quiet family life in Unova and return to his true calling.
Apr 14, 2012 10:44 AM

May 2009
Lets hope they finally remove those Awful 8 bit Pokemon cries of Gen 1 and 2.
Apr 14, 2012 2:25 PM

Apr 2012
Cool, gonna get it day 1. I want new Eevee-lutions!!

If you can resist treating a rich friend better than a poor friend,
If you can face the world without lies and deceit,
If you can say honestly that deep in your heart you have no prejudice against creed, color,
religion or politics,"
Then, my friend, you are almost as good as your dog.
---By some dood---
Apr 14, 2012 3:01 PM
Mar 2008
Shoryuuken said:
Lets hope they finally remove those Awful 8 bit Pokemon cries of Gen 1 and 2.
It is time. I wonder why do they try to keep everything the same. Although they are partly right, the last big change, the added storyline, made me drop the game. I played it for nostalgia after skipping the last gen so it's been a fine line between enjoyment and boredom, the 5 year old style story was the straw for me.
Apr 14, 2012 3:05 PM

Apr 2012
Darn it, there were 2 things Genghis said that I found interesting but now I forgot them. Bah. I for one prefer a sequel over a new generation, what with the somewhat cliffhanger ending black/white had. (Something about seeing someone riding a dragon and the apprehension of Genghis? Someone remind me of the post game plot lol). Sounds interesting and should be a good way to spend time, I'm not a big Pokemon fan but it should be a nice game. And thank god rocket's back, plasma and galatic just seemed to dress like 80s disco divas and rennaisance wannabees...

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing-after they've tried everything else"
---------------------------------------------Winston Churchill----------------------------------------------------
Apr 14, 2012 7:44 PM

Nov 2011
Um....I think we should definitely wait a bit before we can just say it's Team Rocket. They have the right colors, but I highly doubt it's them....

However, betting RIGHT NOW that that Akuroma guy is evil (especially with the color of his outfit similar to Team Plasma.)

vn3ko said:
Cool, gonna get it day 1. I want new Eevee-lutions!!

Oh this was Day 1 for me from the the minute it was announced XD. No way am I gonna delay the sequel of my favorite pokemon game! I do wonder if the apparent wild eevees means that there will be more eevee-lutions? (I hope so.)

defenestrate said:
Darn it, there were 2 things Genghis said that I found interesting but now I forgot them. Bah. I for one prefer a sequel over a new generation, what with the somewhat cliffhanger ending black/white had. (Something about seeing someone riding a dragon and the apprehension of Genghis? Someone remind me of the post game plot lol). Sounds interesting and should be a good way to spend time, I'm not a big Pokemon fan but it should be a nice game. And thank god rocket's back, plasma and galatic just seemed to dress like 80s disco divas and rennaisance wannabees...

GAME ENDING SPOILER

EDIT:

Junichi Masuda appeared on Pokemon Smash to give us some gameplay footage:

That VS. Sprite from the girl is adorable! O.O I'm also really liking the rival too. That animation~

This also shows off White Kyurem and Black Kyurem

And here is the intro! Pretty sweet!
BeedlebudApr 14, 2012 8:40 PM
Apr 14, 2012 8:45 PM
Jul 2018
Wish they'd hurry up and give us Meloetta already. I want one so bad.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Exploring the Intersection of Games, Computers, and Tech Support: A Guide for Android App Development Companies in Saudi Arabia

johnsrp - 28 minutes ago

0 by johnsrp »»
28 minutes ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
2 hours ago

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
6 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
6 hours ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

14 by Timeline_man »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.