Jun 2011
Hi ,

Mina , Check this Video ..

* SPOILER *

* SPOILER *
Satou0KunFeb 3, 2012 6:56 PM
Feb 3, 2012 11:07 PM
Mar 2010
hollywood induced mtv piece of trash that looks and sounds like bleach. About 3 minutes in and I know it's worthless.

The Japanese dub also sucks. I might check it out if it gets a good English dub like the tv series.

Feb 3, 2012 11:07 PM
Mar 2010
dp
Feb 3, 2012 11:09 PM

Sep 2011
Sadomatic said:
hollywood induced mtv piece of trash. About 3 minutes in and I know it's worthless.

The Japanese dub also sucks. I might check it out if it gets a good English dub like the tv series.

japenese dub? american dub? you do realize what "dub" means right?

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Sadomatic said:
hollywood induced mtv piece of trash. About 3 minutes in and I know it's worthless.

Please, do tell.

Jan 2008
wow, never thought I'd see Berserk rendered with such high quality animation. The battle scenes look great. The 3D models still look kind of weird to me, but they're not entirely off putting.

And looks like they're going to have a lot more manga content in these movies, which is an excellent thing. They showed all the post-eclipse characters in the title sequence too, for whatever that's worth.

I know I probably won't get to see this thing until a year from now but I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Feb 3, 2012 11:11 PM
Mar 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Sadomatic said:

all animation is dubbed.
Feb 4, 2012 3:21 AM

May 2009
Understandable that they used so mugh CGI for such a large scale battle. There's a lot of animation, which is a good thing, but using it for characters does make it look weird. Still, I'm looking forward to it.

Here's a music video for the movie's ending theme:

Feb 5, 2012 7:27 PM

Sep 2007
Jesus Christ at how disgusting the character CG is. The guys look like a variation of Lego toys.

The environment is drab and depressing; I remember the comic looking very good, so I would guess that it's a disgrace compared to the source material, and I know it's a disgrace to put something like this out after the new Evangelion movies. Very disappointing.
Feb 5, 2012 9:35 PM

Feb 2010
blockhead said:
Jesus Christ at how disgusting the character CG is. The guys look like a variation of Lego toys.

The environment is drab and depressing; I remember the comic looking very good, so I would guess that it's a disgrace compared to the source material, and I know it's a disgrace to put something like this out after the new Evangelion movies. Very disappointing.

lol sadly, I don't like the CG either. The producers even admitted that this "hybrid style" was used so it would take them less time, work, and cost.

"Now let's say the goal is to make it seem as though the manga pictures are actually moving. Now that's not impossible to do by hand, but it takes a vast amount of work. When you consider the budgetary concerns, and that they're bringing out all three movies within a year, I just don't think that would be achievable. By carefully matching 2d and 3dCG, they can do it at a relatively short time for a relatively low cost."

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJo9HtK10oM

In short, they're being lazy on probably one of the best animes ever created.
ElusiusFeb 5, 2012 9:43 PM
Feel free to join my club if you like Armored Core:
Feb 6, 2012 4:14 AM

Jul 2009
It isn't really laziness. They have a LOT of movies to cover and it would take YEARS for them to animate the battle scenes. Berserk has probably the most detailed world of any manga, the scale of the battles and the general choreography is quite insane and most of the time, it's shocking to see how much better Kentaro is at western styles of fighting than the Hollywood bigshots who give up realism for "Cool".

The CGI isn't that bad. The animation is gorgeous and it allows for consistent detail. Some of us don't mind the CGI and we'd rather that over a waiting period of 2-3 years between the movies. Anime is moving towards CGI for these types of action scenes anyway as is evident by a few other movies using it, such as Evangelion.

It all comes down to humans being afraid of innovation. If the CGI was actually terrible, I'd understand, but it really isn't. The thing with anime CGI is that it needs to stay consistent to the subject matter and the 2D animation, so the very simple models that lack detail are all we'll get. The only exception here is Zodd, who looked absolutely amazing in the 6 minute preview.

Anyway, all of your favourite characters will keep their 3D scenes. Important scenes will be animated incredibly nicely for you, while big battles with a lot of movement will use CGI so that it doesn't take a year to animate. They're doing it so you can enjoy the movies sooner, not to torture you with something you dislike. Give them some bloody credit. They don't have the same sort of budget as Hollywood and you should all know that.
Feb 6, 2012 6:48 AM

Feb 2010
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I for one think the CGI is pretty bad. The facial expressions of the soldiers, the stiffness in movements, the horses, etc.
Feb 6, 2012 1:52 PM

Sep 2007
Psychodrake said:

The CGI isn't that bad. The animation is gorgeous and it allows for consistent detail. Some of us don't mind the CGI and we'd rather that over a waiting period of 2-3 years between the movies. Anime is moving towards CGI for these types of action scenes anyway as is evident by a few other movies using it, such as Evangelion.

The difference between this and Evangelion is that Evangelion didn't in the process create the most vulgar looking characters to ever appear in one of these things.

Psychodrake said:
It all comes down to humans being afraid of innovation.

You pulled this out of your ass. It comes down to the creators cutting corners and the viewers disliking the end result.

Psychodrake said:
The thing with anime CGI is that it needs to stay consistent to the subject matter and the 2D animation, so the very simple models that lack detail are all we'll get.

Which is why we got similarly simple models in Evangelion rite? Also I doubt you know enough about animation to say shit like this. You're just pulling more shit out of your ass as a defense mechanism to justify your fanboyism.
Feb 7, 2012 11:36 AM

May 2009
blockhead said:
Also I doubt you know enough about animation to say shit like this. You're just pulling more shit out of your ass as a defense mechanism to justify your fanboyism.

lol so stating your opinion in a rather "educated" way makes u a fanboy :p this logic amuses me
Feb 7, 2012 2:48 PM

Sep 2007
Being able to properly write and being outspoken makes you "educated" lol. (I guess it's in quotes because this guy has trouble with English. I mean clearly he does.) And because Psychodrake is "educated" he cannot be a fanboy.

For the benefit (I guess) of everyone besides this fucking BR reading this: fanboys are people who fervently try to defend the indefensible with bullshit reasons or, as in this case, a bunch of shit that makes no sense. They are people that have to rationalize their adoration to themselves when the objects of this adoration come under criticism. They come up with the tenets of their criticism under these conditions, as opposed to real critics who come up with them automatically while experiencing things. So what you get with these kinds of people is logical abortions and bad taste, i.e. shit like this:

Psychodrake said:
Some of us don't mind the CGI and we'd rather that over a waiting period of 2-3 years between the movies.

So when someone calls someone else a fanboy they are calling them out for this.
blockheadFeb 7, 2012 5:22 PM
Feb 7, 2012 11:47 PM
Jul 2010
blockhead said:
Psychodrake said:

The difference between this and Evangelion is that Evangelion didn't in the process create the most vulgar looking characters to ever appear in one of these things.

Psychodrake said:
It all comes down to humans being afraid of innovation.

You pulled this out of your ass. It comes down to the creators cutting corners and the viewers disliking the end result.

Psychodrake said:
The thing with anime CGI is that it needs to stay consistent to the subject matter and the 2D animation, so the very simple models that lack detail are all we'll get.

Which is why we got similarly simple models in Evangelion rite? Also I doubt you know enough about animation to say shit like this. You're just pulling more shit out of your ass as a defense mechanism to justify your fanboyism.

It's not like I can't understand your criticism. But is this based on just the 10 minutes? If so, let's wait until you have seen the full movie before calling it '' a disgrace to the original source material''. But if you have seen the whole movie already, I'll keep my mouth shut. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I personally didn't like the CGI that much in the first 10 minutes. Some of the face animations just looked plain ugly, whilst the background looked gorgeous. Maybe even too gorgeous for the setting of Berserk lol.

I will still look this, since I have been so impatient waiting for it. I hope it will not disappointing, but I'm being skeptical.
Feb 8, 2012 5:35 AM

May 2009
@blockhead - I understood where you came from, just find it funny and amusing how the word "fanboy" is used as an insult. The guy is defending the CGI as vigorously as you are attacking it (granted, some opinions might make more sense than others :p), it's just a matter of opinion over the style.

And i don't see anything wrong with prefering fast-&-less-worked-releases.

...although i prefer something with greater quality myself :p
Feb 8, 2012 10:16 AM

Sep 2007
RA_Jack said:
It's not like I can't understand your criticism. But is this based on just the 10 minutes?

Yes. The 10 minutes are so bad that I am probably not going to watch the full movie. The only reason I might is out of morbid curiosity. Some of the scenes in the ED are the most gorgeous things I have ever seen in any anime (and at least 95% of anime is ass ugly so it's easy to assume that they are the most gorgeous things ever done in anime), but unless I'm skipping through it to just look at some pretty scenes I'm also going to be watching some of the most ugly things probably ever done in anime. So no thanks man.

SephirothIsHere said:
just find it funny and amusing how the word "fanboy" is used as an insult[...]it's just a matter of opinion over the style.

So he can't be a fanboy because it's just a matter of opinion? This is what I get for posting on a forum like this huh? I'm done replying to you.
blockheadFeb 8, 2012 10:27 AM
Feb 8, 2012 4:22 PM

May 2009
blockhead said:
So he can't be a fanboy because it's just a matter of opinion?

it's not like he can't be a fanboy because it's a matter of opinion, it's just that expressing his opinion doesn't mean he's a fanboy :p

blockhead said:
This is what I get for posting on a forum like this huh?

that's my line, i say "A" and the reply infers i meant "D". Tho i wasn't sincerely aiming to get anything out of this ;p
Feb 8, 2012 7:24 PM

Sep 2007
SephirothIsHere said:
i say "A" and the reply infers i meant "D".

Maybe to BRs it does.
Feb 8, 2012 8:27 PM

Sep 2011
CGI was a terrible idea, but the traditional animation in the movie is really good, over all from what i have seen its not bad at all. If they get rid of CGI for the next movie and stop cutting corners then this series will be amazing.
Feb 9, 2012 9:31 AM

Feb 2010
Parthanax said:
CGI was a terrible idea, but the traditional animation in the movie is really good, over all from what i have seen its not bad at all. If they get rid of CGI for the next movie and stop cutting corners then this series will be amazing.

This.

-----

"Unfortunately, the decision to heavily utilize 3D CG throughout the movie drags the overall production down, but does not quite deal a fatal blow to the film, which despite this shortcoming should find a receptive audience from fans of the series and newcomers alike."

"Despite these many positives, though, the visual presentation of Berserk works to detract greatly from the film as a whole. Possibly in order to make the film's CG look closer to the limited animation style of Japanese anime, the frame rate of the 3D animation is often lowered significantly, which many times only has the effect of making the characters look stilted and unnatural. Other times, character movement may look mechanical or clearly motion-captured, which along with the sometimes-uneven modeling can result in action scenes that look like Playstation 2 in-game cinematics or tech demonstrations."

Overall : B+
Story : A
Animation : C
Art : B+
Music : A

+ Captivating story and characters, traditional animation problem-free when used.
− Awkward 3DCG can distract viewers, acting as a potential barrier to enjoy these positives.

Review from ANN: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/revi.../hao-no-tamago

------------

It seems my eyes didn't fool me.

I mean seriously, can you really defend this? Bastards didn't do justice to one of my all time favorites.
ElusiusFeb 9, 2012 1:42 PM
Feb 11, 2012 5:56 AM

Jul 2009
Definitely can't defend the sloppier parts, but still, taking a freeze frame of an animation isn't a good way to define the quality, it's about how it looks in motion.

It's sad that they haven't put the full effort into this in terms of visual quality. I'd love them to do a 2-3 hour movie covering the first half of the Golden Age fully drawn and animated, but it would take far too long.

Hopefully they'll polish it somewhat for the blu-ray release.
Apr 12, 2012 12:01 AM

Feb 2012
blockhead said:
Psychodrake said:

I doubt you know enough about animation to say the comments you're saying either =d.
"I will close my eyes and let the darkness be the light that guides me through the path of chaos"

Call me the Jelly Factory. I'm the world's largest producer of jelly.

More topics from this board

» Who else thinks this art is better than the 2016 series?

MrYandereFan26 - Apr 9

9 by Liberandum_ »»
Apr 10, 10:32 AM

Poll: » Berserk Ougon Jidaihen I: Haou no Tamago Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

amirhoss - Feb 4, 2012

160 by BorednSpicy »»
Oct 14, 2023 3:38 PM

» Berserk fell off after Golden Age

removed-user - Jul 27, 2021

36 by -DxP- »»
Nov 27, 2022 5:48 AM

» BERSERK MEMORIAL EDITION WILL INCLUDE NEW SCENES (BONFIRE OF DREAMS)

KatoWorks - Aug 8, 2022

23 by KatoWorks »»
Sep 21, 2022 5:08 PM

» when to watch this?

Hystique - May 22, 2021

10 by Zoldra0 »»
May 28, 2021 3:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.