Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 12, 2012 4:12 PM

Dec 2009
Guilty Crown is babby's first mediocre series. Its not good but its not complete shit either, its just meh. Of course people overreact and jump on bandwagons so you see a ridiculous amount of people crucifying this series. Honestly its more entertaining and fun to read all the hate this series gets than actually watching it so I won't complain lol
Jan 12, 2012 4:15 PM

Mar 2011
Hope for a good discussion thread, but still see a lot of harsh comment. Seems a lot of people are ENJOYING mocking GC by posting in this thread discussion. I wonder why they're still watching or post in this thread if they think GC is shit. Confused

back to the story, this episode is good. But, i'm beginning to realize how i hate the way how the plot development is being told. It make me confused and can't connect to the whole thing
Jan 12, 2012 4:18 PM

Apr 2010
Vizi_XRiliditian said:
Hope for a good discussion thread, but still see a lot of harsh comment. Seems a lot of people are ENJOYING mocking GC by posting in this thread discussion. I wonder why they're still watching or post in this thread if they think GC is shit. Confused

back to the story, this episode is good. But, i'm beginning to realize how i hate the way how the plot development is being told. It make me confused and can't connect to the whole thing

Because we don't like it automatically means we're not allowed to discuss it? Logical, yeah.

CBlitz said:
Guilty Crown is babby's first mediocre series. Its not good but its not complete shit either, its just meh. Of course people overreact and jump on bandwagons so you see a ridiculous amount of people crucifying this series. Honestly its more entertaining and fun to read all the hate this series gets than actually watching it so I won't complain lol

I love you.

Minenene said:
The only thing I really seemed to care about was Gai dying. He was probably one of my favourite characters ugh. I was expecting new OP and ED but I'm guessing it comes next week now.

The flashback kinda made the whole story more sense but I am still confused. And I don't like Mana, she scares me D:

Oh and that guy with the eyebrows who kidnapped Inori (forgot his name) reminds me of Mugi from K-ON! lol...

He's Mugi's long lost brother. Mana is delicious, though. Better than that sex doll.
Jan 12, 2012 4:21 PM
Jan 2012
Skyz-The-Limit said:

The only problems i have with this episode is that it was rushed and shu losing his memory, but it was a great episode.

Kurimu-chan said:
Basically, he just "happened" to forget that he ever had a sister. Oh, and that his sister loved him. That she wanted to marry him. He had freakin Inori who's basically her twin right in front of him to remind him. But, oh no, this is GUILTY CROWN, anything is possible.

Seriously, if they don't come up with an explanation as to why Shu forgot all of this (Simply protecting himself by forgetting, seriously? WTF?) I'm going to rage even more.

Now that I think of it, I think I had one or two siblings, like, 10 years ago. But I forgot about them because I want to protect myself. HOLY CRAP.
I agree it is stupid, but lets hope theres a better explanation, maby something to do with those soldiers in the flashback.
is that being biased...fanboy??
Jan 12, 2012 4:22 PM

Aug 2009
I don't think you guys should expect much next episode. Judging by the preview it looks like things are back to normal for now and probably have something to do with Ayase. Its titled Isolation so she is probably depress over Gai's death.
Jan 12, 2012 4:30 PM

Dec 2011
So if Gai's void can make other people's voids come out, why doesn't he use it on eyebrows guy, rendering him unconscious?
If you can't get what you want, then come with me ... 'Cause you are my medicine when you're close to me, when you're close to me
Jan 12, 2012 5:03 PM
Jan 2012
At the ultimate Aniplex hideout studio:

Sagacious Aniplex slave: SUPABOSS... we... have... a serious problem.

SUPABOSS: NO PROBLEMS ON MY SHIFT. CAN'T BE THAT BAD, SPEAK YOUR MIND DOG.

Sagacious Aniplex slave: Script writer backup no5 (Codename GeassFANBOY) has committed suicide...

SUPABOSS: I HAVE NO USE FOR WEAKLINGS. WHERE IS THE SCRIPT HE WAS SUPPOSED TO WRITE FOR EPISODE 12?!

Macross fan Aniplex slave: I have it your honor, however there's something terribly wrong with it! Inori luvluv isn't singing in...

(cuts across)

Realistic ANiplex slave: Let's face it, this script is more a revenge note than anything my Liege... he was in the middle of a severe depression/hallucination/over-use of substances not approved by the Aniplex court of law A.K.A Houritsu no Keiyaku no Last Battle.

SUPABOSS: HE WAS SUPPOSED TO CONDENSE ANOTHER 3 EPISODES INTO ONE, HE SERVED ME ADMIRABLY FOR THE KISEKI ASSORTMENT, SUCH BRILLIANCE. TELL ME WHAT's WRONG WITH IT?

Spoiler-lover Aniplex Slave:

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Very well: I'll make it short my Lord. Shu happens to be amnesiac and Gai is a mermaid who was given CPR by Shu's stoned (good one) sister who then decides to rename him on the spot.

SUPABOSS: EXCELLENT, SUCH A TWIST, CONTINUE SPECK OF DUST.

Spoiler-lover Aniplex slave: Ahem, Gai was in fact Shu's best friend and Mana a teenager with hormones issues. She tried to commit incest with Shu to create a new human race. Fast forward until DA LOSUTO KURISUMASU event where she gives a gun to Gai who mistakes the end of the barrel for a microphone (after watching too many Macross episodes) and then she uses his blood for lipstick and screams IYA and everybody dies. Except Shu and Gai because they are immortal... or something like that. (More on Gai's immortality later on)

SUPABOSS: INCREDIBLE, GeassFANBOY HAS WRITTEN THE SCRIPT FOR THE NEXT 14 EPISODES BEFORE TAKING HIS OWN LIFE, SUCH DEDICATION.

Sagacious Aniplex slave: Actually, this is only the first 10 mn of the episode.

SUPABOSS: NANI?!! TEMEEE

Spoiler-lover Aniplex slave: Indeed your Magnificence. Gai is in fact immortal and gets up after being cut in half. He says he didn't hit any vital spots despite evidence to the contrary in the previous episode. Old pervert guy wants to marry Inori...

Macross fan Aniplex slave: Nooooooooooooooo!!!!

Spoiler-lover Aniplex slave: Ahem... and he ties her up and puts lipstick on her lips with an expert hand. He may have a secret past at a secret L'Oreal Studio. SUPABOSS from super mario is still here and comments on everything using english words that our japanese audience will simply qualify as being cool; thank god no gaijin will ever watch this because our english consultant has just been hired by Square Enix.
Shu is now revealed as using a secret technique from BlazBlue/Guilty gear known as True king mode. (+10 to all stats except INT unfortunately)

He goes on and fights giant eyeballs which are in fact his sister who has now developed a fetish for tentacles. Immortal gai has got a gun which...

SUPABOSS: MIND = BLOWN

Realistic Aniplex SLave: Actually... when Gai asks Shu to kill his older sister by stabbing though him, I couldn't help but notice it was quite easy to stab her without perforating Immortal Gai...

Spoiler Lover Aniplex SLave: And kaboom everything is fine. But Gai is dead (but not really he is scheduled to appear in a Princess Utena crossover next year)
CodegeassFANBOY was our last script writer... what can we do now?

SUPABOSS: PUT DRAMATIC CREDITS AT THE END!!! (This time I may get fired...)

And thus began Guilty Crown season 2...
Jan 12, 2012 5:05 PM

Oct 2008
kye_x said:
I like how people either
1. Watch the show weekly, and then hate.
2. Watch a few episodes, and come to the episode 12 discussion thread, to discuss what they have discussed in every other episode discussion thread.

Just make a goddamn thread called
"Guilty Crown Sucks"

Please, i actually do enjoy this show, and id like to discuss the episode, on the appropriate thread.

It's not mandatory to like the episode in order to properly discuss it. The problem is that fanboys can't stand that some people don't like it, and that's why the flame war begins in the first place.
Jan 12, 2012 5:06 PM
Dec 2008
you know, i dont think its important to understand everything
just watch what you're shown, and enjoy what tehy have to offer
i gave up trying to understand any "terms" or "concepts" long ago
but its still enjoyable.

this ep was so sad. no...gai...
i keep thinking this is gonna end up like gurren lagann, with shu becoming like gai and leading the group.
Jan 12, 2012 5:08 PM

Aug 2008
incest?... or not?
Jan 12, 2012 5:09 PM

May 2011
I understand that the negativity this show receives seems to be beyond anything we've seen before.

I have a theory. I think the "haters" see this show as a complete "train wreck." As we all know you can't stop watching a train wreck. So they're forced into a masochistic scenario where they are trying to watch a show that makes no sense to them just to see it through. Because of this, i think they post harsh blanket comments as some form of stress relief after subjecting themselves to this masochistic ritual each week.

I myself seem to have fallen into this situation. Though I try to refrain from going off on tirades about the show.

At this point i watch just cause i want to see what they try and pull next. In this episode, I see they busted out the cliched incest angle.

Vizi_XRiliditian said:

I feel the same way. The storytelling is a mess.
Jan 12, 2012 5:13 PM
Jan 2012
I prefer to laugh about it rather than to be sad. There was potential and aniplex are an experienced bunch.

However, as you said, this is the perfect depiction of a train-wreck.
Jan 12, 2012 5:22 PM

Sep 2011
i never gave a damn about gai till like litterally this episode, and then BAM hes dead, this has happened before it really sucks to finally like a character and then just see him go down

it was a good episode, the exposition could have been handled better, kidna dissapointed that it confirms that inori is shus sister so no romance in this show from the looks of it

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 12, 2012 5:24 PM

Dec 2009
the best thing to come out of this series will be the ManaxShoe doujins. Can't wait~
Jan 12, 2012 5:29 PM
Mar 2009
T-T GAi...!!!!!! snif...Gai...!!!!!
Jan 12, 2012 5:30 PM
Jan 12, 2012 5:37 PM

Jun 2008
what the fuck is going on
Jan 12, 2012 5:41 PM

Sep 2011
That was actually a good episode. :o

Jan 2011
Whoa, so much happened this episode. Finally got to see what happened in the past, before Lost Christmas. So Mana was Shu's sister and she was exposed to the crystals and became a psychotic bitch. Her voice was so creepy yet sexy. :S

So Gai and Shu used to be best friends and Shu was the confident and strong one while Gai wasn't. Gai moved on to become stronger whilst Shu tried to forget everything. Also, that incest moment lmao.

Inori was made just to awaken Mana? That explains why she was such a lifeless doll. Overall I really enjoyed this episode though it did feel pretty rushed but best episode so far, in terms of plot development. xD

Nov 2011
Remember guys and girls the virus makes the host go fucking crazy so that's why she was acting the way she was in her "final" moments.

I'm sorta confused about the proposing part. So if Shuichiro were to awaken Mana and "marry" her, He would of become the progenitor which basically means he would give birth or shape to a new more advanced human race (like speed evolution) ? I think that's it. I kinda didn't like how Gai could use his own void. It kinda takes away the "guilty" part, being able to peek into peoples hearts and extract their void without the person remembering anything. Maybe when a bond is strong enough the person doesn't have to be asleep. anyways I thought it was a interesting episode. A bit too rushed. I'm curious about what the new arc has in stock. Gai's dead, Mana is dead, Tokyo is in ruins and Daath is still a fucking mystery. I assume he will take role of main antagonist.
Jan 12, 2012 5:44 PM

Sep 2011
Posse said:
kye_x said:
I like how people either
1. Watch the show weekly, and then hate.
2. Watch a few episodes, and come to the episode 12 discussion thread, to discuss what they have discussed in every other episode discussion thread.

Just make a goddamn thread called
"Guilty Crown Sucks"

Please, i actually do enjoy this show, and id like to discuss the episode, on the appropriate thread.

It's not mandatory to like the episode in order to properly discuss it. The problem is that fanboys can't stand that some people don't like it, and that's why the flame war begins in the first place.
guilty crown's hater fanbase is just like the FF fanbase, they dont use logic, cant accept that others can like the show they are obviously bias but wont admit it and worst of all, they make the few people that have good reasons to dislike the show look like a bunch of immature pricks,

seriously there are some people that have legit reasons to dislike the show but they are fair and just, 95% of the people her just make them look like they are part of some
aryllies said:
I prefer to laugh about it rather than to be sad. There was potential and aniplex are an experienced bunch.

However, as you said, this is the perfect depiction of a train-wreck.
no thats something like code geass R2, i dont get how you people are thinking this way honestly cause its the reverse of a train wreck, the firts episodes were blatent ripoff and got progressively worse till episode 10 which is where it got good and has from the 3 recent eps been improving,

and like is aid before, if you havent dropped the show yet your just being biased or overreacting, as bad as you guys say it is you make it seem as bad as stuff like school days or kimi ga nozomu or something which unless was alreayd complete should be impossible to sit through week by week, but no, you put up with it past the halfway mark, your either overreacting or so bias against the show that you cant accept that others like it so you continue to watch so your score still has a 100% impact so you can bring the show's score down

you learn this kinda stuff in your first year of AP psychology, its really typical and (not meant to be a insult but this is actually what we learned so if your offended by this dont blame me, blame science) is a indicator of an underdeveloped mind(note if you really are to simple minded to believe

oh right actual discussion, i thought this episode was pretty bad honestly(controdicting my previous statement of it being a reverse trainwreck but actually read into this first), i thought it wasted the potential of the previous ep but gai's detah also saves it, not cause his death was poetic or anything naw i didnt care for him or his death, the potential the show gains in return for the lost potential from last ep is way more higher, with gai dead it could go in gurren laggan's footsteps or do something completely different who knows,

overall the episode was poorly done but may also lead to some good later episodes

2/5
JizzyHitlerJan 12, 2012 6:05 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 12, 2012 5:51 PM
Jul 2010
-MgZ_ said:
Where's my new op and ed from supercell? DAMN!

^ I was just wondering the same thing (even though Departures is amazing enough).

I like the series and I think I still will, but I'm not sure what's going to happen with Gai gone. Something mind-blowing better happen.
Jan 12, 2012 5:58 PM
Jan 2012
Not going to comment on the psychological aspect of your post as it is based on an odd assumption:

" if you havent dropped the show yet your just being biased or overreacting"
(I left the spelling mistakes on purpose, feeble-minded that I am)

I keep on watching because it is fascinating. Simply trying to imagine how things are going at the aniplex studio makes me smile. Quite simple really.

I would simply like to comment on one thing however:

"cause its the reverse of a train wreck, the firts episodes were blatent ripoff and got progressively worse till episode 10 which is where it got good and has from the 3 recent eps been improving"

(Once again, simpleton aryllies left the spelling and grammatical mistakes)

Between episodes trying to expand on something and episodes condensing 5 episodes into one... you prefer the latter.

Interesting...

Here is my previous post that I took some time writing. It's funny:

At the ultimate Aniplex hideout studio:

Sagacious Aniplex slave: SUPABOSS... we... have... a serious problem.

SUPABOSS: NO PROBLEMS ON MY SHIFT. CAN'T BE THAT BAD, SPEAK YOUR MIND DOG.

Sagacious Aniplex slave: Script writer backup no5 (Codename Geassfanboy) has committed suicide...

SUPABOSS: I HAVE NO USE FOR WEAKLINGS. WHERE IS THE SCRIPT HE WAS SUPPOSED TO WRITE FOR EPISODE 12?!

Macross fan Aniplex slave: I have it your honor, however there's something terribly wrong with it! Inori luvluv isn't singing in...

(cuts across)

Realistic ANiplex slave: Let's face it, this script is more a revenge note than anything my Liege... he was in the middle of a severe depression/hallucination/over-use of substances not approved by the Aniplex court of law A.K.A Houritsu no Keiyaku no Last Battle.

SUPABOSS: HE WAS SUPPOSED TO CONDENSE ANOTHER 3 EPISODES INTO ONE, HE SERVED ME ADMIRABLY FOR THE KISEKI ASSORTMENT, SUCH BRILLIANCE. TELL ME WHAT's WRONG WITH IT?

Spoiler-lover Aniplex Slave:

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Very well: I'll make it short my Lord. Shu happens to be amnesiac and Gai is a mermaid who was given CPR by Shu's stoned (good one) sister who then decides to rename him on the spot.

SUPABOSS: EXCELLENT, SUCH A TWIST, CONTINUE SPECK OF DUST.

Spoiler-lover Aniplex slave: Ahem, Gai was in fact Shu's best friend and Mana a teenager with hormones issues. She tried to commit incest with Shu to create a new human race. Fast forward until DA LOSUTO KURISUMASU event where she gives a gun to Gai who mistakes the end of the barrel for a microphone (after watching too many Macross episodes) and then she uses his blood for lipsticks and screams IYA and everybody dies. Except Shu and Gai because they are immortal... or something like that. (More on Gai's immortality later on)

SUPABOSS: INCREDIBLE, GeassFANBOY HAS WRITTEN THE SCRIPT FOR THE NEXT 14 EPISODES BEFORE TAKING HIS OWN LIFE, SUCH DEDICATION.

Sagacious Aniplex slave: Actually, this is only the first 10 mn of the episode.

SUPABOSS: NANI?!! TEMEEE

Spoiler-lover Aniplex slave: Indeed your Magnificence. Gai is in fact immortal and gets up after being cut in half. He says he didn't hit any vital spots despite evidence to the contrary in the previous episode. Old pervert guy wants to marry Inori...

Macross fan Aniplex slave: Nooooooooooooooo!!!!

Spoiler-lover Aniplex slave: Ahem... and he ties her up and puts lipstick on her lips with an expert hand. He may have a secret past at a secret L'Oreal Studio. SUPABOSS from super mario is still here and comments on everything using english words that our japanese audience will simply qualify as being cool. Shu is now revealed as using a secret technique from BlazBlue/Guilty gear known as True king mode. (+10 to all stats except INT unfortunately)

He goes on and fights giant eyeballs which are in fact his sister. Immortal gai has got a gun which...

SUPABOSS: MIND = BLOWN

Realistic Aniplex SLave: Actually... when Gai asks Shu to kill his older sister by stabbing though him, I couldn't help but notice it was quite easy to stab her without perforating Immortal Gai...

Spoiler Lover Aniplex SLave: And kaboom everything is fine. But Gai is dead (but not really he is scheduled to appear in a Princess Utena cross over next year)
CodegeassFANBOY was our last script writer... what can we do now? 

SUPABOSS: PUT DRAMATIC CREDITS AT THE END!!! (This time I may get fired...)

And thus began Guilty Crown season 2...
Jan 12, 2012 5:59 PM
Apr 2011
Ok that Gai guy better stay dead, I don't want to see him popup in like 2 episodes.
Jan 12, 2012 6:05 PM

Sep 2011
aryllies said:
thank you for proving my point that GC haters cnat accept other positive opinions

and do your research before you accuse my psychology assumption of being odd,

and about the spelling, 1: i dont nativly speak english and 2: im doing this from a freaking wii controller so give me a break, you can only backspace to fix errors

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 12, 2012 6:05 PM

Apr 2008
Still giving GC a 5/10, i literally LOL'd when the flashbacks show Shu being this tough, leader-like brat considering that he's about a total 360 degree opposite. Really, Incest too, like this show can't get any more facepalm-y? Great now Gai is dead, the next step is for Shu to get a harem. Shuuichiro died too, death by index finger lololol and that scene at the end when Shu and Inori were crying, i just LOLed for 10 minutes straight at that.

I'm actually starting to miss Eureka Seven now..at least that show was actually fun for a while before going downhill.
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Jan 12, 2012 6:09 PM

Jul 2009
The fuck is this.
Lol...
Jan 12, 2012 6:14 PM

Sep 2011
hakosuka said:
Ok that Gai guy better stay dead, I don't want to see him popup in like 2 episodes.
he looked like he got disintegrated into eternity so i think hes gone for good, mana i think will appear again somehow

webkid94 said:
that scene at the end when Shu and Inori were crying, i just LOLed for 10 minutes straight at that.

i wouldnt laugh at this normally but inori's face when crying looked so freaking stupid, though if you were laughing at it for 10 minutes then you really got some issues you should get checked out, you shouldnt laugh at a death unless they really are that despicable, like i mean freind(20t century boys) or johan(monster) levels of evil

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 12, 2012 6:14 PM

Oct 2010
Kurini said:
incest?... or not?
Are you joking me? Shu was adopted and all said that before. Haruka is just a step mother. It's either that or Mana is not Haruka's daughter. I am thinking she is girl who has powers. Less you explain the following,

as there are Void users so are Apocalypse Virus users. Far more dangerous according to the spoiler
as they can Nova attack a whole diameter range. Literally rendering all life into dust or should I say specs of the virus remains after it consumes you. Thus I think Mana is a being beyond human.

Also can someone explain WTF is happening in the spoiler
did Mana think Gai was Shu and wanted to rape him or just was warning him to not interfere between him and Shu. Cause I think Gai got infected with intercourse less you tell me that scratch did it or something else did later on.
Yeah I am very confused apart from the dialogue as to what else.

She be insane but enough to still know that she loves Shu is beyond. I still think people's emotions are still there.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 12, 2012 6:18 PM

Sep 2011
Yumekichi11 said:

i can, its called poor writing,

as for the actual explanation, i guess her emotional outbreak is what cause lost christmas or something, and i think maya was threatening to hurt gai or somethign i dont know, those flashbacks were so poorly done

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 12, 2012 6:20 PM
Jan 2012
I will once again quote you my friend:

" if you havent dropped the show yet your just being biased or overreacting"

The warped assumption you're making is wrong for a simple reason:

(feeble-minded aryllies whose native language also happens not to be english will write in in clear, concise english so that you understand it fully, hence preventing another "woops missed the mark" reply.)

You only allow for two possibilities:
- 1 I am biased (which in itself is true of anything with a sentient mind)
- 2 Overreacting (but then again, you fail to present me with a scale of what is an 'acceptable level of reaction')

I gave you my own/personal/biased reason for keeping watching this series:
"I keep on watching because it is fascinating. Simply trying to imagine how things are going at the aniplex studio makes me smile. Quite simple really."

You obviously decided to ignore this line and go ahead with your warped assumption. (Did anyone say biased?)

As for the Wii controller excuse, I will not give you a break. Spelling shortcuts are fine, grammatical errors aren't. You cannot hide behind a controller to justify such poor mastery of the language.

Regards.

Edit: Forget about explaining your scale of 'what you deem is a reasonable reaction.' After reading your profile, I have understood that you do not know how scales work. You refuse to give 1/10 and 2/10 to shows. A scale, to be valid, requires all echelons to be used as to present a quantitative view of the studied sample.
arylliesJan 12, 2012 6:28 PM
Jan 12, 2012 6:26 PM

Jan 2012
time will tell.it's just a medicore anime atm.it has nothing to hate about,or to love.still i cant find the reason some ppl mentioned pokemon here tho,lol.
Jan 12, 2012 6:32 PM

Apr 2008
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
[

webkid94 said:
that scene at the end when Shu and Inori were crying, i just LOLed for 10 minutes straight at that.

i wouldnt laugh at this normally but inori's face when crying looked so freaking stupid, though if you were laughing at it for 10 minutes then you really got some issues you should get checked out, you shouldnt laugh at a death unless they really are that despicable, like i mean freind(20t century boys) or johan(monster) levels of evil

I wasn't laughing at Gai's death, in fact i'm a bit annoyed that he died as he was one of the only real good charactersm i laughed at Inori's stupid face for 10 minutes.
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Jan 12, 2012 6:33 PM

Dec 2009
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
hakosuka said:
he looked like he got disintegrated into eternity so i think hes gone for good, mana i think will appear again somehow

webkid94 said:

That was awkward as shit. It's like she was going for a kiss, but then realized "Fuck, I'm stuck with this faggot now" and started crying.
Jan 12, 2012 6:34 PM

Jul 2011
wow...that was a good episode. Just wondering, how long is this anime gonna go for?
and yay...gai finally 'dies'. Those childhood flashbacks are so cute. I hope GC will have more than just the random virus explosions.
Jan 12, 2012 6:37 PM

Dec 2010
The flashbacks were pretty helpful but I honestly thought this part would've lasted like 2-3 episodes, not even a cool fight scene between Shu and Daath...

Overall I can't say I enjoyed where the plot was going in this episode but can't say I hate it, however I was really entertained by the whole story of how it all started which is a shame cause now this arc is over...
Jan 12, 2012 6:41 PM
Dec 2010
Ok lemme see if I've got this straight.

1. Lost Christmas isn't a virus or anything. It's Mana Ouma's special ability(which they did not further explain, thus she could be a mutant).
2. Mana is power crazy after realizing her own prowess and has OCD over her brother (Shu). She secretly wants to recreate the entire human race by having incest with her brother.
3. Shu pushed Mana away to protect Gai (Triton), causing Mana to go berserk due to her OCD and initiate the Lost Christmas event. This explains why throughout the whole series Lost Christmas felt nothing like a pandemic but more like an A-bomb blast.
4. Shu went through insane mental trauma and thus he sealed away his memories to protect himself.
5. Random I-want-to-be-king doctor tries to resurrect Mana, thus creating Inori (Mana's clone). Triton somehow for some reason changes name to Gai. Shu grows up with only his stepmom (Real mom seems to be the researcher under Segai). Inori somehow ends up with Gai and his new Funeral Parlour.
6. Somebody creates the power of kings genome weapon. Out of nowhere. Inori steals it. Shu gets it. Coincidentally.
7. Gai tries to stop the random selfdelusional-doctor who wants to mate with Mana while Shu spends his time getting his memories unlocked. And the latter is said to go into "new king mode" which somehow didn't change anything.
8. Gai can hold his own void weapon without passing out. His void weapon not only can invoke others' voids, but also can function as a normal assault rifle.
9. So the relationship between all the chars is: Mana loves Shu, doesn't love Gai, or any other human for that matter. Shu loves Inori, doesn't agree with Mana, likes Gai. Gai loves Mana, uses Inori to relieve himself because he knows Mana doesn't like him. Inori loves Shu.
Jan 12, 2012 6:41 PM

Dec 2011
That episode failed to bring out ANY emotion in me...I still hate Inori and that Incest flashback was my favorite part.
Jan 12, 2012 6:47 PM

Aug 2009
Ayase is going to join the harem next episode
Jan 12, 2012 6:49 PM
Apr 2011
wow finally things are looking up in this series. this was easily my favorite episode so far and i think im finally over the inori thing and am enjoying wat is turning into a great show. much better than before and really excited for more
Jan 12, 2012 6:51 PM

Oct 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Yumekichi11 said:

i can, its called poor writing,

as for the actual explanation, i guess her emotional outbreak is what cause lost christmas or something, and i think maya was threatening to hurt gai or somethign i dont know, those flashbacks were so poorly done

Oh I see, indeed it is then. Rest makes sense.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 12, 2012 6:57 PM
Nov 2010
Did I just watch the last episode? Because that's sure what it felt like. It seemed like one of those episodes where the director realized they dicked around too long and now they only have 1 episode left to wrap up the whole thing up.

If Inori had kissed Shu while they both cried over Gai's death it would have been a wrap - and it would have been fine. I'm not sure where they will go with this now and who the 'end boss' will ultimately be.

At least we found out from Gai that Shu didn't use to be such a pansy so he has the capability to man up and maybe the last 10 episodes will bear that out. Doubt it.

That being said it was the best Guilty Crown episode thus far, for whatever that's worth.
Jan 12, 2012 7:00 PM

Jul 2011
This episode was fucking bullshit and I'm glad GAI DIED
Jan 12, 2012 7:03 PM

Nov 2011
newnar said:

1. Lost Christmas isn't a virus or anything. It's Mana Ouma's special ability(which they did not further explain, thus she could be a mutant).
2. Mana is power crazy after realizing her own prowess and has OCD over her brother (Shu). She secretly wants to recreate the entire human race by having incest with her brother.
3. Shu pushed Mana away to protect Gai (Triton), causing Mana to go berserk due to her OCD and initiate the Lost Christmas event. This explains why throughout the whole series Lost Christmas felt nothing like a pandemic but more like an A-bomb blast.
4. Shu went through insane mental trauma and thus he sealed away his memories to protect himself.
5. Random I-want-to-be-king doctor tries to resurrect Mana, thus creating Inori (Mana's clone). Triton somehow for some reason changes name to Gai. Shu grows up with only his stepmom (Real mom seems to be the researcher under Segai). Inori somehow ends up with Gai and his new Funeral Parlour.
6. Somebody creates the power of kings genome weapon. Out of nowhere. Inori steals it. Shu gets it. Coincidentally.
7. Gai tries to stop the random selfdelusional-doctor who wants to mate with Mana while Shu spends his time getting his memories unlocked. And the latter is said to go into "new king mode" which somehow didn't change anything.
8. Gai can hold his own void weapon without passing out. His void weapon not only can invoke others' voids, but also can function as a normal assault rifle.
9. So the relationship between all the chars is: Mana loves Shu, doesn't love Gai, or any other human for that matter. Shu loves Inori, doesn't agree with Mana, likes Gai. Gai loves Mana, uses Inori to relieve himself because he knows Mana doesn't like him. Inori loves Shu.

1. No, Lost Christmas refers to the events that took place when the Apocalypse
Virus spread
2. Due to being infected with the virus she turned insane and wanted Shu to be the one to help recreate the human race.
3. Shu pushed away Mana because she was fucking insane. She couldn't control the evil side and deep down the real Mana wanted help but Shu and Gai didn't do anything
4. Yup he repressed it.
5. Shuichiro and probably others helped create a new body for Mana since her body was destroyed but her soul still lingered. We are not sure if Haruka is Shu's step mother or real mother yet. Inori was probably stolen by Gai from Shuichiro at a GHQ base since she is the key to awakening Mana
6. The power of kings was probably made from studying the rock that started it all. and yes Inori is used to steal it and Shu gets it and some how Daath or bushy brows
7. King mode made it so Gai doesn't have to fall unconscious when he extracts his void maybe. Just a guess
8. look at #7
9. Fuckit. I guess the real Mana liked Gai and the Evil side liked Shu.
Jan 12, 2012 7:08 PM

Apr 2009
Ok so I haven't read all the posts but I'm just going to put my two cents in here and say I was really dissapointed in this episode. Sure the flash backs were nice and It was good to know that Shu was related to Mana and how Gai became and what not but idk it all just felt rushed. What was the point of the Death keeper guy? How is it that Inori is still alive if she is just a sort of vessel? I dont' quite understand if Mana really was distroyed or was it just that Gai wanted to be with her so bad that he had to scarafice himself in order to do so? I hope this gets better. So far I have really liked this Anime.
Jan 12, 2012 7:09 PM

Feb 2009
I kind of liked this episode tbh. Rushed like crazy (could they not have spread out the flashbacks followed by Gai's death a couple minutes later? Jesus fuck) but so much happened that I was constantly entertained. This kind of an episode could have been done so much better but whatever I'll accept it for this series' standards.

Well, at least Shu seems to be getting better and the death of Gai guarantees he'll become a better character.

To sum this episode up: What the fuck did I just watch.

Jesus, you guys. I'm not a huge GC fan, in fact I've vocalized my huge disappointment in it in various threads, but fuck, some of you are being pricks for the hell of it. Which is... well, actually kind of entertaining tbh.
DropletJan 12, 2012 7:13 PM
Jan 12, 2012 7:23 PM

Jul 2010
Lots of mixed reactions to this episode and the anime in general. XD Anyway, I teared up a little when Gai... you know... :(

In the previous episode, Guilty Crown dropped to a 7 for me (it was a 9) because it was getting increasingly boring but after this episode, it bumped back up again.

...So 10 more episodes to go! Let's hope they'll be as great, if not better, then this one and make up for the (rather boring) 1st half! :)
Jan 12, 2012 7:23 PM
Dec 2010
Tomodachi5 said:
newnar said:

1. No, Lost Christmas refers to the events that took place when the Apocalypse
Virus spread
2. Due to being infected with the virus she turned insane and wanted Shu to be the one to help recreate the human race.
3. Shu pushed away Mana because she was fucking insane. She couldn't control the evil side and deep down the real Mana wanted help but Shu and Gai didn't do anything
4. Yup he repressed it.
5. Shuichiro and probably others helped create a new body for Mana since her body was destroyed but her soul still lingered. We are not sure if Haruka is Shu's step mother or real mother yet. Inori was probably stolen by Gai from Shuichiro at a GHQ base since she is the key to awakening Mana
6. The power of kings was probably made from studying the rock that started it all. and yes Inori is used to steal it and Shu gets it and some how Daath or bushy brows
7. King mode made it so Gai doesn't have to fall unconscious when he extracts his void maybe. Just a guess
8. look at #7
9. Fuckit. I guess the real Mana liked Gai and the Evil side liked Shu.

1. What apocalypse. If it wasn't for Mana going berserk there wouldn't even be an apocalypse.
And there's no evidence of Mana being infected. I assumed she IS the cause of the virus. My reason being: If anyone who was infected can be the next generation human, why did Shuichiro only choose Mana over the entire rest of the country and patients? Definitely Mana Ouma had some very special aspects unique to her and her only.
Lol Mana has an evil side? I thought tat it was just her.
newnarJan 12, 2012 7:30 PM
Jan 12, 2012 7:43 PM

Nov 2011
newnar said:
Tomodachi5 said:
newnar said:

1. What apocalypse. If it wasn't for Mana going berserk there wouldn't even be an apocalypse.
And there's no evidence of Mana being infected. I assumed she IS the cause of the virus.
Lol Mana has an evil side? I thought tat it was just her.

You should probably re-watch the episode. Mana was the first one to touch the rock doing so infected her with the Apocalypse Virus and made her go insane which is her evil side. As the first person to touch the rock she gained some sort of power to make her chosen partner the progenitor of the next generation and is somehow able to invoke the Apocalyptic Virus crystallization stage in people and kill them as shown by the big bang thing she created when Shu pushed her away. She is not the direct cause of the virus, the rock is.I assume Other people were being affected by the virus but not in a large scale before Lost Christmas since Gai or Trition seemed to know about it from Shu Father and confronted Mana about it. All in all I think Mana's explosion thing just spread the Apocalypse Virus at a quicker pace.
Jan 12, 2012 7:49 PM
Nov 2010
Did the girl in the wheelchair die?
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.