Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 31, 2011 3:12 AM

Aug 2011
Poll pretty much speaks for itself. Vote for how you think the series will be once it resumes and why.

It doesn't have to try very hard to get better.

I voted for option 4, but 5 seems pretty probable too. Basically all of them seem more probable than it's improvement.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 31, 2011 3:54 AM

May 2011
It will completely forget what happened in episode 11 and start a new story, it will somehow find a way to get worse than it already is, Deus Ex Machina.

About those last 3 options.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Dec 31, 2011 4:20 AM

Sep 2010
Resumes? What are you talking about? Do you mean how it continues?
Dec 31, 2011 4:49 AM

May 2011
Ovindel said:

Isn't that quite obvious? Weh.
Dec 31, 2011 4:54 AM
Feb 2011
It's a shounen (at least that's how I see it) there's nothing to expect from it after what it has shown , I just want that it would not become any worse.
Dec 31, 2011 9:38 AM
May 2011
It's definitely going to get better lol. Suxs that we have to wait 3 freakin' weeks for the actual NEW episode. Now it's 2 weeks left but still >.> why 3 weeks...
ban1o.jpg
Dec 31, 2011 10:46 AM

Jul 2011
Due to all the inconsistencies they have shown in those 11 episodes, I don´t know what to think about it anymore... >.>
Dec 31, 2011 11:46 AM

Aug 2011
RyuKirin said:
It's definitely going to get better lol.
Okay. And what basis could you possibly have for believing that?

I like how many people voted that it would improve, but none of them said why they believe it could.
Dec 31, 2011 1:49 PM

Sep 2010
Karhu said:
Ovindel said:

Of course, but that's not what I meant. Me and writing vague English...
I meant to ask why it would resume, but I think I'm understanding now that there will be some kind of break according to some other replies above me. Is that true and if it is, which dates?
Dec 31, 2011 1:52 PM

Aug 2011
Ovindel said:
Karhu said:
Ovindel said:

Of course, but that's not what I meant. Me and writing vague English...
I meant to ask why it would resume, but I think I'm understanding now that there will be some kind of break according to some other replies above me. Is that true and if it is, which dates?
Uh... isn't it obvious? The next actual episode doesn't air until January 13th (a Friday; lol).
Dec 31, 2011 2:00 PM

Sep 2010
I say a split decision between 1 and 4. Most likely 4 since all the episodes before episode 10 and 11 didn't connect with each other and basically felt episodic. Because of that not many questions were answered. Depending on how the last half goes if it stays the same I'll give it an 8 in the end. If in my eyes it gets worse a 7 or if it gets really terribad a 6. If it improves by a ton then a 9. I don't think it deserves a 10 unless it gets an epic ending, but seeing this series as of now I doubt it. We will just have to see what the future episodes bring us.
RolokoDec 31, 2011 2:05 PM
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 31, 2011 8:11 PM
Nov 2011
I reckon it would improve because my theory is that the only voids we will see are Shu's friends that is why the directors had us watch the 4?5? filler-ish episodes so we get what each void does and a little background info of each character. When the directors are done giving the info (boring parts) we will definitely see some action like ep 11. If we skipped all those void episodes and skipped straight to ep 11(attacking the HQ) most viewers would be clueless with what each void is doing thus it would be terrible.

But nevertheless it is a theory so we have to wait !!
Dec 31, 2011 8:15 PM

Sep 2011
looking at hoe recent episodes have been, ide say it will improve since is been constantly getting better ever since ep 7 and 8 which were absolutely horrible

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 31, 2011 8:22 PM

Sep 2011
Roloko said:
I say a split decision between 1 and 4. Most likely 4 since all the episodes before episode 10 and 11 didn't connect with each other and basically felt episodic. Because of that not many questions were answered. Depending on how the last half goes if it stays the same I'll give it an 8 in the end. If in my eyes it gets worse a 7 or if it gets really terribad a 6. If it improves by a ton then a 9. I don't think it deserves a 10 unless it gets an epic ending, but seeing this series as of now I doubt it. We will just have to see what the future episodes bring us.
it should not get a 10 unless it not only was good from start to finish but unless it truely was masterpeice levels of quality throughout, you already addressed some cons with the show, it lost its chance at a 10 already, at most it should be a 9

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 1, 2012 12:23 AM

Sep 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Roloko said:
it should not get a 10 unless it not only was good from start to finish but unless it truely was masterpeice levels of quality throughout, you already addressed some cons with the show, it lost its chance at a 10 already, at most it should be a 9

Well some people did give it a 10.....which if the first 9 episode were not episodic and answered all the questions as it went along instead of jumping randomly to the next mission then yeah it would deserve it. I agree the most I would give it is an 8 or 9.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jan 1, 2012 1:31 AM

Dec 2009
For Gods sake. DO NOT put up any new stories before explaining the already present ones. If they do then this show is beyond salvation.

I REALLY want to like this show.
Jan 1, 2012 3:51 AM

May 2011
Roloko said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Roloko said:

Well some people did give it a 10.....which if the first 9 episode were not episodic and answered all the questions as it went along instead of jumping randomly to the next mission then yeah it would deserve it. I agree the most I would give it is an 8 or 9.

Erm, no. Ignoring the direction aren't you? Don't know whose standards cliched and lazily written series would ever deserve a 10 to begin with. To me , Guilty Crown tried to be average series worth of a 5. It had potential to get more, but it surely doesn't deserve high ratings. Now it's closer to unwatchable than average.
Jan 1, 2012 8:18 AM

Dec 2010
I love how even if you compose and add up all the other votes, the first option is still in the lead.

By logic it should only improve, right? That's right. So let's hope they do all the good tropes. Personally hoping they don't kill of the hypertenuse just to drive home the Inoshu pairing. I like Ayase and Hare, dammit.
Jan 1, 2012 8:53 AM

Aug 2011
Lauriet said:
I love how even if you compose and add up all the other votes, the first option is still in the lead.

By logic it should only improve, right? That's right. So let's hope they do all the good tropes. Personally hoping they don't kill of the hypertenuse just to drive home the Inoshu pairing. I like Ayase and Hare, dammit.
Obama won the 2008 election by malority vote. Therefore, he as the best choice for the US. Right? Right?

Oh wait.

Let me play devil's advocate for a minute and help you fanboys out, since you obviously need it. The reasoning concerning why it may make sense to think the series should improve goes something like this: "So far, the series has set the standards for itself pretty low. Not much has to be done for improvements to be made. It has used nearly every cliche you can think of--with disastrous results. So there aren't many left for it to use. For these reasons, it makes sense for the series to get better."

There. Logic.
Jan 1, 2012 10:07 AM

Oct 2011
Deux Ex Machina.
Shu becomes a man!
Jan 1, 2012 5:22 PM

Sep 2010
Karhu said:
Roloko said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Roloko said:

Erm, no. Ignoring the direction aren't you? Don't know whose standards cliched and lazily written series would ever deserve a 10 to begin with. To me , Guilty Crown tried to be average series worth of a 5. It had potential to get more, but it surely doesn't deserve high ratings. Now it's closer to unwatchable than average.

I think GC is alright. Also I mostly rate my anime according to how much I enjoy it. So thats why Guilty Crown is a solid 8 for me right now since its still keeping me entertained week by week, but it did have a couple of boring episodes. Now if I were to rate it based on plot direction and not my enjoyment then maybe a high 6 to a very low 7.

Now it does have a chance to improve cause I have seen some anime that were shit the first half and extremely good and addicting in the second.
Jan 1, 2012 7:29 PM
Jul 2018
Deus Ex Machina. At least when I'm logically reasoning through it. Plot's too disjointed to have any legitimate coherency no matter what happens at this point.

Can't honestly say this show was any good in terms of plot or direction (I tried, I really did. My blog really does attempt to show its good traits, but fails miserably. HURRR), but I still enjoy it since this show's essentially like Bleach or Naruto (mindless entertainment ftw!) to me. Yay Inori!
Jan 1, 2012 8:02 PM

Jul 2011
CrimsonLight said:
Deux Ex Machina.
Shu becomes a man!

Or not?
Jan 1, 2012 8:05 PM

Oct 2011
nothing will happen the show will just get worse why do you still wath it and this is the worst anime of 2011 so there
Jan 1, 2012 8:18 PM

Sep 2010
FroZen109 said:
nothing will happen the show will just get worse why do you still wath it and this is the worst anime of 2011 so there

There were anime way worse this year than Guilty Crown *cough*C3RioRainbowGateandManyuuHikenchou*cough*
RolokoJan 1, 2012 9:17 PM
Jan 2, 2012 7:48 AM

Jun 2009
Roloko said:
FroZen109 said:

There were anime way worse this year than Guilty Crown *cough*C3RioRainbowGateandManyuuHikenchou*cough*

at least they were trying to be different with new idea and not blatantly rip-off another anime!
Jan 2, 2012 10:13 AM

Jun 2009
I vote for 1....

I'm hopeful... Hopefully I won't get hurt by it...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2012 6:55 PM
Jan 2012
Can someone please explain why they dislike this anime so much?

IZUMI64 said:
Roloko said:
FroZen109 said:

at least they were trying to be different with new idea and not blatantly rip-off another anime!

how is this anime blatantly ripped off?
Jan 2, 2012 7:03 PM

Jun 2009
Skyz-The-Limit said:

IZUMI64 said:
Roloko said:
FroZen109 said:

another same old shit question...
just read other user's review, and you gonna know...
Jan 2, 2012 7:08 PM

Apr 2008
Skyz-The-Limit said:

First: If this were some under the radar series by some no-name studio, no-name music influences and standard to below-par animation, i'm sure there wouldn't be so much hate. Unfortunately, Guilty Crown is by Production I.G. with music influences by supercell with amazing animation that is clearly wasted, also it's the first 22 episode noitaminA series in a while and other series that struggled with 11 episodes (No.6, AnoHana, C, UN-GO) should have gotten 22 instead of Guilty Crown's schizophrenic pacing and completely unlikeable characters.

As for your second question: Code Geass and Eureka Seven would like to have a word with you.

What i want to happen: It'll get better
What will happen: Deus Ex Machina

Lulz End (Shu and/or Inori dies with great end): 9/10
True End/Code Geass R2 End(gets better w/ great end): 8/10
Good End (gets better w/okay end): 7/10
Normal End/Eureka Seven End (gets better w/ lame end, or schizophrenic pacing but good end): 6/10
Bad End (continues spiraling downwards): 5-4/10
apolloisfineJan 2, 2012 7:12 PM
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Jan 2, 2012 10:22 PM
Jan 2012
webkid94 said:
Skyz-The-Limit said:

First: If this were some under the radar series by some no-name studio, no-name music influences and standard to below-par animation, i'm sure there wouldn't be so much hate. Unfortunately, Guilty Crown is by Production I.G. with music influences by supercell with amazing animation that is clearly wasted, also it's the first 22 episode noitaminA series in a while and other series that struggled with 11 episodes (No.6, AnoHana, C, UN-GO) should have gotten 22 instead of Guilty Crown's schizophrenic pacing and completely unlikeable characters.

As for your second question: Code Geass and Eureka Seven would like to have a word with you.

for the first reply to your response look at this...
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=379405&show=260

So your telling me that other anime which include those genre are copycats too?
they may be similar in some ways, but they dont have the same actual plot and characters do they? theres still another 11 episodes to go, unlike other anime, the plot isnt explained in the first episode this anime is like a book you need to read all of it to understand it, and you also need to use your brain to grasp what happens in episodes.
Jan 2, 2012 11:17 PM

Aug 2011
Skyz-The-Limit said:
webkid94 said:
Skyz-The-Limit said:

for the first reply to your response look at this...
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=379405&show=260

So your telling me that other anime which include those genre are copycats too?
they may be similar in some ways, but they dont have the same actual plot and characters do they?
Just so you know, linking to your post in that topic does absolutely nothing to refute what he said. Try again.

Let me get this straight. Because GC isn't copying another series verbatim means it's not copying it? LOL.

Skyz-The-Limit said:
theres still another 11 episodes to go, unlike other anime, the plot isnt explained in the first episode this anime is like a book you need to read all of it to understand it, and you also need to use your brain to grasp what happens in episodes.
Implying there's an actual overarching plot. (There isn't.) You're also giving it way too much credit with a statement like "you need to use your brain to grasp what happens" when anyone with eyes can see that each episode is a complete clusterfuck; together, they made up the states of the Clusterfuck Kingdom. A 3rd grader could watch this and understand what was going on. It doesn't require some higher level of thinking, like you would like to think.
Jan 3, 2012 12:12 AM

Sep 2010
IZUMI64 said:
Roloko said:
FroZen109 said:

GC isn't a ripoff, but its far from being original either. Besides nothing is hardly original anymore anyways. Manyuu Hikenchou isn't a new idea since Seikon no Qwesar is similar and came first. There is probably another casino anime out there besides Rio. C3 is the typical kind of shit you get almost every season. So nope those were no new ideas and are not original either.
Jan 3, 2012 3:06 AM
Jun 2011
well I have a feeling that it will improve .especially with Shou's Character improvement ..I hope so ...and it will!! I'm already enjoying the series and it gave me goosebumps , well kinda ...until it paused to episode 11 ...the only thing I dislike was Shou's personality and I think that when it continues the anime will make a major comeback ..now that he has made his resolve ..
Jan 3, 2012 3:14 AM

Nov 2008
I hope it is not going to be that bad in the ending like Code Geass was.
Roloko said:

You forgot Blood-C, ok it could be improve in the movie but the tv serie was bad^^"
(ah I remember there were more but I couldn't remember what was their names... hmmm)

Guilty Crown improved a bit, but not that much.
Jan 3, 2012 5:14 AM

Dec 2010
Barbara-chan said:
Guilty Crown improved a bit, but not that much.

Don't know if you can even call it that, but at least it finally had some kind of direction. in the last episode aired. I like to remain optimistic.
IZUMI64 said:
Skyz-The-Limit said:

IZUMI64 said:

Insightful, aren't we?

That was sarcasm. Reading the reviews of an anime that hasn't even finished yet is fallacious and is the same as buying a unfinished product.

Guilty Crown is called a half-assed product, people refuse to drop it so they can validate their menstruating about it. People write reviews even though it isn't done yet. Same people advertise said hatedom's 'reviews', and think its reasonable. Lawlawlawl double standards.

Also yeah, that second paragraph was a troll. so disregard it, if you could.
Jan 3, 2012 9:55 AM
Jan 2012
GC was overated, before it even came out? thats why alot of you dislike it alot? wouldnt you brag about something that you think would be really great if you made it? if the other anime had the right funding wouldnt't they choose it to carry on for longer? its not GC's fault that they only stopped at 11. So what if its moving at a fast pace? it has alot of action, and its dramatic, but the next episode is about to slow things down. it does have its faults - character development, but the use of voids can explain what a character is like? GC is far from over, character's can change throughout the anime.

You say its a rip off to Code geass and Eureka 7, its not.There may be similarities but there are alot of differences too, if you want to go through the similarities be my guest.

Skyz-The-Limit said:
theres still another 11 episodes to go, unlike other anime, the plot isnt explained in the first episode this anime is like a book you need to read all of it to understand it, and you also need to use your brain to grasp what happens in episodes.

DraconisMarch said:
Implying there's an actual overarching plot. (There isn't.) You're also giving it way too much credit with a statement like "you need to use your brain to grasp what happens" when anyone with eyes can see that each episode is a complete clusterfuck; together, they made up the states of the Clusterfuck Kingdom. A 3rd grader could watch this and understand what was going on. It doesn't require some higher level of thinking, like you would like to think.

So what is the current plot of it? it is rushed, and there are plot holes, but you need to use your brain for example like when shu killed yahiro's bro, i think yahiro felt relieved, because he knew that his bro was already dying and even tried to kill himself, in the latest episode we saw yahiro not forgive shu, but he got along, because he saw qualities of his brother in shu.

There are alot of unanswered questions aswell but i think theyre going to be explained, like in the earlier part we saw Inori give blood to Gai, her blood is like giving paracetamol to someone who has a fever, it will reduce it.

What would a 3rd grader think of it?

You haters are simple minded, and the reviews of the anime are terrible, i mean if this was a movie, wouldnt you write it after its finished?
Skyz-The-LimitJan 3, 2012 10:29 AM
Jan 3, 2012 12:22 PM

Jul 2011
Skyz-The-Limit said:
GC was overated, before it even came out? thats why alot of you dislike it alot? wouldnt you brag about something that you think would be really great if you made it?

Guilty Crown was overhyped, yes, and that´s one the several reasons that people are dissapointed. We were SUPPOSEDLY ASSURED promising things from the people who produced it, BY people that showed us previously they can be better and make better animes compared to what we have been seeing here. If you followed certain someone who produced things that you loved, and suddenly gives you a clusterfuck while still claiming it´s his/her greatest work, wouldn´t you be dissapointed as well?
Skyz-The-Limit said:
if the other anime had the right funding wouldnt't they choose it to carry on for longer? its not GC's fault that they only stopped at 11.

I can´t clearly understand what you´re saying here, no matter how much I re-read it. It´s related to my other post?
Skyz-The-Limit said:
So what if its moving at a fast pace? it has alot of action, and its dramatic, but the next episode is about to slow things down. it does have its faults - character development, but the use of voids can explain what a character is like? GC is far from over, character's can change throughout the anime.

Unfortunately, the action and the drama are as flawed and fake as the rest of the series is. And we have been shown a disastruos first half, where it had plenty of oportunities to redeem itself and has hardly accomplished that (the first two episodes and the ninth probably are the very few ones worth mentioning). Naturally there wouldn´t be good nor high expectatives to what´s gonna happen next, at least we are having a flashback episode that shall explain some things, but we don´t wanna get our hopes up until we watch it as soon as it gets aired in a couple of weeks...
Skyz-The-Limit said:
You say its a rip off to Code geass and Eureka 7, its not.There may be similarities but there are alot of differences too, if you want to go through the similarities be my guest.

The similarities are not the only thing that make "haters" think this show is terrible, I think the several other problems were mentioned more than enough...
Skyz-The-Limit said:
There are alot of unanswered questions aswell but i think theyre going to be explained, like in the earlier part we saw Inori give blood to Gai, her blood is like giving paracetamol to someone who has a fever, it will reduce it.

Once again, we cannot avail to your claims of "it shall get better and everything will be explained" until we see how it shall develop (if it gets to do that)...
Skyz-The-Limit said:
You haters are simple minded, and the reviews of the anime are terrible, i mean if this was a movie, wouldnt you write it after its finished?

The thing is, Guilty Crown is not a movie. And reviews about airing series CAN be made before it´s long over (take a look at currently broadcasting american shows´ reviews, to make an example). And if it´s very early to write one, an essay with first impressions about it is acceptable.
Whatever those reviews are terrible or not, they are telling the thruth. We may be simple minded, but what does fans make them exactly? If you read a review that tells all the good things while ignoring (or hardly mentioning) the bad ones, you would say it´s good?
Karura_JiinsaruJan 3, 2012 12:32 PM
Jan 3, 2012 12:43 PM

May 2011
Ignorance of the fans is hilarious and pathetic at the same time.
Jan 3, 2012 12:45 PM

Aug 2011
Karhu said:
Ignorance of the fans is hilarious and pathetic at the same time.
It's WILLFUL ignorance. Can't forget the "willful" part.
Jan 3, 2012 12:55 PM

Jun 2009
Lauriet said:
Skyz-The-Limit said:

IZUMI64 said:

Insightful, aren't we?

That was sarcasm. Reading the reviews of an anime that hasn't even finished yet is fallacious and is the same as buying a unfinished product.

Guilty Crown is called a half-assed product, people refuse to drop it so they can validate their menstruating about it. People write reviews even though it isn't done yet. Same people advertise said hatedom's 'reviews', and think its reasonable. Lawlawlawl double standards.

Also yeah, that second paragraph was a troll. so disregard it, if you could.

actually I never care about your comment but, there's a big understanding here.
I was not answering this question "Can someone please explain why they dislike this anime so much? " no, not that
but answering this "how is this anime blatantly ripped off?"
Jan 3, 2012 12:58 PM

Jun 2009
Roloko said:
IZUMI64 said:
Roloko said:
FroZen109 said:

GC isn't a ripoff...

you live under the rock, don't you?
well, I can take if fanboys said GC isn't fully CG ripoff...
But, GC isn't ripoff<<<what a joke!
IZUMI64Jan 3, 2012 1:41 PM
Jan 3, 2012 6:54 PM

Sep 2010
IZUMI64 said:
Roloko said:
IZUMI64 said:
Roloko said:
FroZen109 said:

GC isn't a ripoff...

you live under the rock, don't you?
well, I can take if fanboys said GC isn't fully CG ripoff...
But, GC isn't ripoff<<<what a joke!

A ripoff is where a series copies moves, dialogues, scenery, etc... from another series precisely if you can show me a gif comparison or make a side by side video complication showing me exactly what all GC ripped off what anime then maybe I will believe you. You can't call something a ripoff without valid proof. If you can not show me then you calling it a rip off is invalid.

Although I will still probably watch this anime and I doubt my score will change anytime soon unless it really does get bad, but I will have faith until the very end.
Jan 3, 2012 11:37 PM

Aug 2011
Roloko said:
A ripoff is where a series copies moves, dialogues, scenery, etc... from another series precisely if you can show me a gif comparison or make a side by side video complication showing me exactly what all GC ripped off what anime then maybe I will believe you. You can't call something a ripoff without valid proof. If you can not show me then you calling it a rip off is invalid.
Wait. So unless there are two videos being compared side-by-side that are extremely similar, one isn't ripping off the other?

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

Roloko said:
side by side video complication
??? LOL

This is why arguing with these people is a complete waste of time.
Jan 3, 2012 11:46 PM

Sep 2008
I bet people wouldn't be calling it a ripoff if it was better than Code Geass.
Jan 4, 2012 12:22 AM

Jun 2010
It will improve because of the new op and ed supercell made \m/
Jan 4, 2012 2:29 AM

Mar 2010
I haven't been paying attention to this crap since episode 3.

However... Considering how all the money is spent on GODLY ANIMUTION as oppose to actually story, plot, and likable characters (and it's too late now); it'll be a 3-way split:

Bad, worse, and "Dough X Macaroni."

Also; the people behind GC will probably pull a Gainax / "Panty & Stocking Ending" stunt for the mere sake of collectively being an attention whore.

Yeah. "Reality-challenged otaku coming to 'save anime'." Film @ 11.
Jan 4, 2012 6:47 AM
Jan 2012
You say its a rip off, care to justify your point?
DraconisMarch said:

There are some similaraties but you cant call it a rip off.
Jan 4, 2012 12:35 PM

Aug 2011
Skyz-The-Limit said:
DraconisMarch said:
Telling other people to prove it rips off other anime is like telling someone to prove the sky is blue: It's just obvious.

It uses dozens of cliches and uses major concepts from several prominent, already-successful anime. If you can't see what these are, I'm already wasting time. Figure it out yourself.

I don't know if you knew this, but...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ripoff

Ripoff = steal. GC obviously steals central/important concepts from said predecessors--not just tropes. You people seem to be thinking that ripoff = plagiarizing the story entirely, and this is not the case.
Jan 4, 2012 1:06 PM
Jan 2012
DraconisMarch said:
Skyz-The-Limit said:
DraconisMarch said:
Telling other people to prove it rips off other anime is like telling someone to prove the sky is blue: It's just obvious.

It uses dozens of cliches and uses major concepts from several prominent, already-successful anime. If you can't see what these are, I'm already wasting time. Figure it out yourself.

I don't know if you knew this, but...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ripoff

Ripoff = steal. GC obviously steals central/important concepts from said predecessors--not just tropes. You people seem to be thinking that ripoff = plagiarizing the story entirely, and this is not the case.

The reason why GC has done this is because the fans liked the donzens of cliches and major concepts from previous anime, combining strenghts from other anime and implementing it to their own ideas to make it different, is that a rip off?

Using someone else's ideas in a different way isnt "stealing" them, some of the ideas GC have created may of paid off where as others haven't. its like painting a picture using the same colours, brushes, ect.... coming out with a completely different picture from the original, although keeping some similarities from it. Is that theft? Is it cheating?

Im sure loads of other anime have done this in the past, are they rip off's aswell?

How do you know whether code geass/Eureka 7 has taken major concepts from previous anime?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.