Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 31, 2011 6:42 PM

Sep 2010
parul said:

We are not judging ecchi aspects but an echhi anime. There is a slight difference as we need to judge the impact of the anime as a whole and only limit ourselves to certain bits.

I only answered the question and provided some criteria on what makes good ecchi content within an ecchic-centric show. How well a show combines genres or handles genres individually would be a different questions from what you asked me to describe.

While it is interesting to your criteria I certainly cannot agree with it. To me, the things you mention will only take a decent sized anime (10+ ) so far ... before it becomes repetitive and tiresome. Hence most of these anime add other dimensions, but that becomes their downfall as they ignore the quality while doing so.

I can't agree with what you call quality anime when the anime in question are based on primarily already successful ecchi sources. Which would mean the adaptations are using a stock of successful, quality material and therefore their quality is a function of the original's quality. Your lack of appreciation for the material is not the same as the material lacking quality for those who seek out such shows.

Stories need to follow a formula, have a pattern, and have some dependable character reactions. Repetition is necessary and every story will have some degree of repetition. Can repetition become tiresome? There's always that possibility along with the possibility that people will grow attached and comfortable to the stability repetition brings. Of course this is why a show can create fans and haters at the same time.

Also, feel that most of the stuff you mentioned can only work in a broader context. For example , camera shot of panty under skirt while good of handled delicately, feels too forced in most of these animes as they show it at every chance they get, like even when two characters are talking. Or when a character , no matter how beautiful gets too annoying , it will only make the anime difficult to watch. Or when any innuendo doesn't goes with the flow or theme and so on.

That looks like a bunch of artsy fartsy BS and generalizations that aren't nearly as universal as you want them to be. In fact I made my criteria necessarily vague because there's no hard and fast rule about what is good or bad but rather my criteria was just a rough assessment of what I do like so see from ecchi content from my favorite ecchi shows. I have an entirely different set of things that I tend to not like to see in ecchi content.

Now what sort of ecchi content do you like?

In short , what I mean to say is for various reasons ecchi stuff needs other aspects and it needs to gel along with these aspects. Most of the time they don't.

A show that is mainly ecchi needs the same about of ecchi found in the source material, being ultra-conservative about it would be idiotic.

If you want to discuss worse anime of the year then you should look into anime that fail to do what they set out to do. The ecchi anime you listed succeeded in being just as interesting and "good" as the source material they're based on.

Dec 31, 2011 8:29 PM

May 2011
IS: Infinite Stratos - 4/10 - It was just fanservice and harems every second. I'll admit that I liked Charlotte Dunois, but except for her, everything in this series was a horrible fail.

Hidan no Aria - 4/10 - I've been putting this off, but that's because I'm so bored with each episode, I fall asleep. It just seems boring, and I don't like it at all, frankly. ^^

Kamisama Dolls - 3/10 - I only liked 1 episode of the series, and the others were just so god-awful hard to stomach. None of the characters were interesting, the main girl looked "deformed," and I was a little confused throughout. The ending was the worst part, though. -.-
Jan 1, 2012 12:10 AM

Oct 2011
Anime_Name said:

I only answered the question and provided some criteria on what makes good ecchi content within an ecchic-centric show. How well a show combines genres or handles genres individually would be a different questions from what you asked me to describe.

I was talking about the holistic view of the place of ecchi and ecchi content in ecchi anime, not just the ecchi aspects.
Anime_Name said:
I can't agree with what you call quality anime when the anime in question are based on primarily already successful ecchi sources. Which would mean the adaptations are using a stock of successful, quality material and therefore their quality is a function of the original's quality. Your lack of appreciation for the material is not the same as the material lacking quality for those who seek out such shows.

My appeciation for any anime is not based on what other seek, but what I think is the best. Someone may just he ahppy with nudity and big boobs and he may just seek that, that doesn't mean I should too, right ?
Anime_Name said:
Stories need to follow a formula, have a pattern, and have some dependable character reactions. Repetition is necessary and every story will have some degree of repetition. Can repetition become tiresome? There's always that possibility along with the possibility that people will grow attached and comfortable to the stability repetition brings. Of course this is why a show can create fans and haters at the same time.

While every show has reptitive aspects , the degree may vary and for some people the limit is reached sooner than others. My point here was that in most animes (and in the ones I mentioned at least) the producers tried to reduce repetition, by adding other elements, which were not so good, bringing down the quality of whole anime.
Anime_Name said:
That looks like a bunch of artsy fartsy BS and generalizations that aren't nearly as universal as you want them to be. In fact I made my criteria necessarily vague because there's no hard and fast rule about what is good or bad but rather my criteria was just a rough assessment of what I do like so see from ecchi content from my favorite ecchi shows. I have an entirely different set of things that I tend to not like to see in ecchi content.
Now what sort of ecchi content do you like?

Regardless of whatever you think of these criteria , these are what I would base *MY* rating on i.e. how well aniem incorporates all the elements within itself. Like I mentioned, it should not feel too forced or too sudden/jarring but subtle (a bit like first two volumes of Mx0 ), thing should not be too un reasonable or repetitive etc

Anime_Name said:
A show that is mainly ecchi needs the same about of ecchi found in the source material, being ultra-conservative about it would be idiotic.

If you want to discuss worse anime of the year then you should look into anime that fail to do what they set out to do. The ecchi anime you listed succeeded in being just as interesting and "good" as the source material they're based on.

I didn't think it was a difficult concept to grasp , but let me try again.
My problem with animes which contain other aspects besides ecchi like the 3 I mentioned (will not really watch anime which is 100% ecchi) is the poor quality of the anime as a whole. Thee other aspects while not as big as the ecchi aspect still make a big chunk of anime and they are generally of very poor quality. I am not one of those who will consider anything good as long it has ecchi no matter how bad rest of the parts are. I did mentioned one show which did this well. Another would Mahoromatic which handled the comedy aspects pretty well.
Jan 1, 2012 12:43 AM

Sep 2010
I was talking about the holistic view of the place of ecchi and ecchi content in ecchi anime, not just the ecchi aspects.

That is not how I answered the question and don't need my answers twisted around by you.

My appeciation for any anime is not based on what other seek, but what I think is the best. Someone may just he ahppy with nudity and big boobs and he may just seek that, that doesn't mean I should too, right ?

You don't know what is best and judging a show by standards it never set out to achieve is ridiculous.

While every show has reptitive aspects , the degree may vary and for some people the limit is reached sooner than others. My point here was that in most animes (and in the ones I mentioned at least) the producers tried to reduce repetition, by adding other elements, which were not so good, bringing down the quality of whole anime.

Except for Kamper the ones you mentioned didn't have anything extra added to the adaptation. The Maken-ki anime is an incomplete recount of the manga and MajiKoi is simplified version of the Eroge it's based off of.

Regardless of whatever you think of these criteria , these are what I would base *MY* rating on i.e. how well aniem incorporates all the elements within itself. Like I mentioned, it should not feel too forced or too sudden/jarring but subtle (a bit like first two volumes of Mx0 ), thing should not be too un reasonable or repetitive etc

Well your "all" is obviously a lie as you have answered not to evaluate the ecchi content but said that you judge how well you like everything else that's not ecchi. Ecchi by definition is dirty, in your face, and titillating, you should be jarred at times and being subtle is not an approach that works well for everything. Gin from Gintama has one reaction to sweets, Edward from FMA has one reaction to being called short, Kintaro from Golden Boy has one reaction when he see a female's toilet. That's is repetition and that creates a stronger character image to the viewer/reader. I am describing how the literary device of repetition works and why it's used. Can it go wrong, heck yeah it can but I don't need a reminder that water is wet so your "the world isn't perfect" arguments are you just wasting your breath because you have nothing else to say.

I didn't think it was a difficult concept to grasp , but let me try again.
My problem with animes which contain other aspects besides ecchi like the 3 I mentioned (will not really watch anime which is 100% ecchi) is the poor quality of the anime as a whole. Thee other aspects while not as big as the ecchi aspect still make a big chunk of anime and they are generally of very poor quality. I am not one of those who will consider anything good as long it has ecchi no matter how bad rest of the parts are. I did mentioned one show which did this well. Another would Mahoromatic which handled the comedy aspects pretty well.

And your general BSing continues.
You sound like one of those that mark down ecchi products because they're ecchi. Which is really counterintuitive.
Rationalize it all you like but none of your generalizations are unique issues to ecchi anime.

Jan 1, 2012 12:55 AM

Jul 2009
I thought horizon would be nice but after like 2 eps I was sorely dissapointed. Didn't like Majikoi or Boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai adaptaions either..
Jan 1, 2012 1:08 AM
Jun 2011
Heiwajima_Mayu said:
Well, out of the ones I've seen:

-Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira 2/10 - Probably the biggest reason why I'm so dissapointed with it is because I had high expectations T_T I disliked the first OVA, but I thought it would become better (I mean, the 1st and the last episodes of Rei were also random)... it's not even funny...
-Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon 3/10 - I didn't get the plot, a lot of characters and neither of them are memorable and don't have a development... and it's damn boring...
-Blood C-Slow, boring, dull characters...

That would be it, the others were at least decent, as far as I can remember...

Holy shit, I can't emphasize how terrible the OVA is for Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kira is also. By god... it's basically everything that would make the show crap, put into a four episode OVA. The first OVA wasn't great either, but at least it still stayed somewhat relevant.
Jan 1, 2012 1:26 AM

Sep 2010
medicalmidget said:

Holy shit, I can't emphasize how terrible the OVA is for Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kira is also. By god... it's basically everything that would make the show crap, put into a four episode OVA. The first OVA wasn't great either, but at least it still stayed somewhat relevant.

Relevant to what. The games, the novels, the franchise, the tiny ass release of Higurashi from Geneon/Funimation?

Jan 1, 2012 7:26 AM

Oct 2011
Anime_Name said:
That is not how I answered the question and don't need my answers twisted around by you.

it's not my fault that you don't read and answer correctly, is it ?

Anime_Name said:
You don't know what is best and judging a show by standards it never set out to achieve is ridiculous.

So , if a show sets out to achieve crap standards , I should praise it for being crap ? the point is simple . if they add something , it should not be bad. If they cannot make it decent then don't add it

Anime_Name said:
Except for Kamper the ones you mentioned didn't have anything extra added to the adaptation. The Maken-ki anime is an incomplete recount of the manga and MajiKoi is simplified version of the Eroge it's based off of.

You still don't get it ? I am not talking about adding extra from source content but adding stuff other than ecchi content. I have only seen the anime and I am commenting on that. Producer here is a generic term -- could be anime studio , could be mangaka or the novellist.

Anime_Name said:
Well your "all" is obviously a lie as you have answered not to evaluate the ecchi content but said that you judge how well you like everything else that's not ecchi. Ecchi by definition is dirty, in your face, and titillating, you should be jarred at times and being subtle is not an approach that works well for everything. Gin from Gintama has one reaction to sweets, Edward from FMA has one reaction to being called short, Kintaro from Golden Boy has one reaction when he see a female's toilet. That's is repetition and that creates a stronger character image to the viewer/reader. I am describing how the literary device of repetition works and why it's used. Can it go wrong, heck yeah it can but I don't need a reminder that water is wet so your "the world isn't perfect" arguments are you just wasting your breath because you have nothing else to say.

Ecchi is basically "erotic fantasy" and this does not needs to be "in your face" or jarring or forced. Please keep your criteria to yourself.
Once again related to repetition - try to understand below and reply (it's not actually related to repetition but related to why most of these amines are not 100% ecchi) :
" Hence most of these anime add other dimensions, but that becomes their downfall as they ignore the quality while doing so."
" My point here was that in most animes (and in the ones I mentioned at least) the producers tried to reduce repetition, by adding other elements, which were not so good, bringing down the quality of whole anime."

As far as repetition is concerned do you really think you can prove your point by pointing out minor character traits, when we are talking in context of whole anime ?

Anime_Name said:

And your general BSing continues.
You sound like one of those that mark down ecchi products because they're ecchi. Which is really counterintuitive.
Rationalize it all you like but none of your generalizations are unique issues to ecchi anime.

Still not able to get ..... I never said it is unique to ecchi, if there is any other type of anime which has this issue , I will consider it similarly. It's just that many ecchi animes are guilty of this.
I mark down any anime because they are crap as a whole. You can also generalize why some people don't like crappy ecchi anime if it helps you to sleep better at night, but it doesn't really change anything.

edit 1 :
Let me reiterate again in short once again :
1. If show is close to 100% ecchi - i.e no comedy, action, mystery etc I am not interested.
2. If show has aspects other than ecchi and they are bad, don't expect me to like just because the "ecchi stuff is there". If they cannot make these other aspects good , then don't add it.

edit 2 :
Another illustration of my point would be I enjoyed the earlier episodes of Maken-ki and Kampfer when compared the last few episodes where they tried to add story and action but failed miserably.

PS: don't expect a reply if I feel this not going anywhere.
parulJan 1, 2012 7:39 AM
Jan 1, 2012 8:12 AM

Sep 2007
Anime_Name said:
medicalmidget said:

Relevant to what. The games, the novels, the franchise, the tiny ass release of Higurashi from Geneon/Funimation?

Considering how the middle three episodes of it were part of Ryukishi07's official storyline and taken directly from the original sound novel... all of them?
Jan 1, 2012 8:20 AM
Aug 2011
itsuka tenma no kuro usagi turned out to be a massive disappointment
Jan 1, 2012 9:04 AM

Sep 2008
My top three picks of the show I've actually finished:

Freezing - The only thing that kept me watching was to see what retarded thing the main would come up with next. IF SHE SAYS YOU SHOULDN'T TOUCH HER YOU SHOULDN'T TOUCH HER YOU DAMN APE.

Yumekui Merry - Was fairly hyped for this show, but I immediatly noticed the crappy animation from the get go. Still held SOME hope for it a couple of episodes in, but nothing ever happened and the whole season felt like NOTHING stretched out over 13 episodes.

Deadman Wonderland - Another title I had hopes for, but it turned out quite awful. So many stupid scenes, stupid plot and an artstyle that was way, way too colorful.
Jan 1, 2012 9:05 AM

Nov 2008
lisnoire said:
Hmmmmm . . . perhaps folks were looking for a Code Geass and not an Evangelion. Don't know.
Oh boy, expecting an Evangelion really wouldn't help here. But you're right, we were hoping for another Code Geass. The plot has potential to go seriously haywire, the style is pretty flashy, we've got the powered-up protagonist rebelling about the government...it could've been another Code Geass, but it tries to take itself too seriously instead of simply exaggerating everything to hilarious extremes. I actually kinda like Shuu, he's a rare breed of "normal high school boy" that has serious flaws, adapts to ridiculous situations badly and doesn't immediately charm every girl he makes eye contact with, but this story doesn't need a realistic protagonist. It needs a hammy badass that'll help me swallow how unrealistic it is.
Jan 1, 2012 9:15 AM

Jun 2009
I forgot to add...

GUNDAM AGE!
Jan 1, 2012 11:23 AM

Mar 2009
IZUMI64 said:
I forgot to add...

GUNDAM AGE!
--I'm pretty pissed off about this one too. Beautiful background art and a good old fashioned Gundam story line but DAMN THE CHARACTER DESIGNS. One critic said "Oh, look! Pokemon does Gundam . . ."
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
Jan 1, 2012 12:52 PM

Sep 2010

it's not my fault that you don't read and answer correctly, is it ?

Twist, twist, twist. It is your fault for getting so riled up over answers that you need to change them around to suit your argument. You should just pose rhetorical questions and possibly answer them yourself if that's going to be the case.

So , if a show sets out to achieve crap standards , I should praise it for being crap ? the point is simple . if they add something , it should not be bad. If they cannot make it decent then don't add it

Preconception fail. The standards those ecchi anime have are not crap.
The shows set out to achieve the successes found in the original material and achieved that.

Ecchi is basically "erotic fantasy" and this does not needs to be "in your face" or jarring or forced. Please keep your criteria to yourself.

I didn't say it needed to be any of those things. I did say that by definition ecchi is "in your face" and sexually charged to the point of being jarring. Faulting ecchi content that doesn't subvert the definition is just stupid.

As far as repetition is concerned do you really think you can prove your point by pointing out minor character traits, when we are talking in context of whole anime ?

I was pointing out one form of repetition and use.
Unlike you I am not trying to peer into the heads of "producers" beyond the accepted uses of literary techniques. In other words I am saying a hammer is used to pound nails into wood and you're mounting a defense to ban hammers because someone can use it to murder.

1. If show is close to 100% ecchi - i.e no comedy, action, mystery etc I am not interested.
2. If show has aspects other than ecchi and they are bad, don't expect me to like just because the "ecchi stuff is there". If they cannot make these other aspects good , then don't add it.

Again, there is a lack of criteria in evaluating the ecchi content within an ecchi-centric show.
You have yet to clarify what sort of ecchi content it is that you like and why you pick up shows that are tagged as ecchi in the first place. You have expanded on looking for other aspects but that is avoiding the actual question about ecchi content specifically.

PS: don't expect a reply if I feel this not going anywhere.

Pretty please?

Foggle said:
Considering how the middle three episodes of it were part of Ryukishi07's official storyline and taken directly from the original sound novel... all of them?

I would say all of them myself but some only know Higurashi from the tiny bit Geneon dubbed and think that is all there is to the franchise. Sad.

Jan 1, 2012 1:25 PM

Jul 2011
That I've seen..
-Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi
-Maken-ki!
-Sacred Seven
-R-15
Jan 1, 2012 4:37 PM

Apr 2011
Kamisama no Memochou, even though the art was quite impressive.
Jan 1, 2012 6:13 PM
Jul 2011
Dragon Crisis and Hidan no Aria was like a sucker punch to the face.

Others like Infinite Stratos, Blood-C and Freezing were not that bad. I never had high expectations on those in the beginning. Animes like those were "so-what" to me.

Kamisama was decent. I just don't like the voice of Kyōhei Kuga. It is like metal grinding against each other. I don't mean to disrespect the voice actor ,its just that his voice is really intolerable to me.
Jan 1, 2012 11:37 PM

Apr 2011
Penguindrum, and Horizon. I liked Freezing, and thought Blood-C was boring but OK (had pretty art at least).

I forgot Zombie desu Ka? was this year ... definitely put that on the list as well. Infinite Stratos was crap, dropped that first episode ... a fair amount of really bad anime this year, most of them unfunny harem comedies.
Blind_GuardianJan 1, 2012 11:43 PM
Jan 2, 2012 12:06 AM

Oct 2011
mashiroiro symphony - just plain pointless - would like to respectfully disagree with blood-c haters - i seem to be one of the few people who loved it - one of the most unexpected endings ever - i love shows with slow buildups - i guess i'm just more patient than most in this era of short attention spans - plus i just plain loved the art/atmosphere/monsters - to each their own...
Jan 2, 2012 12:14 AM

Jun 2009
ap19 said:
Interesting culture gap.

Guilty Crown is probably one of the best received animes in Japan this year so far.

It's probably related to why many foreign nations tend to not like Evangelion, but for Japan, it's risen to a social phenomenon.

I mean, I'm really interested in what the definition of "awful character" is. For instance, many Americans say Evangelion is bad, because Shinji is a weasel, but Shinji being a weasel shouldn't make Evangelion a "bad anime." There's never been a necessity for all characters to act like American heroes.

Make sense make sense ^_^...

It's probably the same with Shuu in Guilty Crown isn't it?

... Hold on...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2012 12:18 AM

Jun 2011
i would probably say
blood c, supernatural & wolverine...
Whenever You Go, how ever lonely you get, No Matter how hard it is. Don't forget, I'll be here Thinking of you. You are definitely not alone! -Nanami Takahashi-
Jan 2, 2012 6:40 AM
Aug 2011
I didn't watch much this year, just started getting into anime so unfortunately I seem to be a bit picky, but what I really disliked was Blood-C, I won't even add it to the list :x

On an off-topic note, I don't understand why everyone is hating on Freezing and IS:Infinite stratos, I mean sure they don't have much for story yet but I think they will go somewhere should a second season arise, especially IS.
Jan 2, 2012 10:13 AM

May 2008
Rio - Rainbow Gate! - Score: 5/6 [dropped]
Yumekui Merry - Score: 6 [completed]
Gosick - Score: 6 [completed]
Freezing - Score: 5 [Completed]
Houkago no Pleiades - Score: 5 [completed]
Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai - Score:? [still watching]
30-sai no Hoken Taiiku - Score: 6 [still watching]
A Channel - Score: 6 [completed]
Hidan no Aria - Score:? [still watching]

pretty much just these that i watched~ ゚◇゚
Jan 2, 2012 12:16 PM

Sep 2010
Psyche_Izaya said:
Rio - Rainbow Gate! - Score: 5/6 [dropped]
Yumekui Merry - Score: 6 [completed]
Gosick - Score: 6 [completed]
Freezing - Score: 5 [Completed]
Houkago no Pleiades - Score: 5 [completed]
Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai - Score:? [still watching]
30-sai no Hoken Taiiku - Score: 6 [still watching]
A Channel - Score: 6 [completed]
Hidan no Aria - Score:? [still watching]

pretty much just these that i watched~ ゚◇゚

I would have thought it would be Sora no Otoshimono: Tokeijikake no Angeloid since it is the lowest rated anime on your list atm.

Jan 4, 2012 8:40 AM
Jul 2011
Blood C. I anticipated something really huge and awesome, as CLAMP is the creators, but was let down by the pacing of the show, character. and mostly by the stupid protagonist girl being so bloody stupid and slow. The ending was pretty mindblowing and good ish though, I'll give them that.
I like bubble teaaa~ Bubble tea for meee~
I'll have it for breakfast, I'll have it for tea, a little each day is a good recipee~
Jan 5, 2012 5:09 PM

Aug 2009
Haters gonna hate, Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi is great entertainment. It's nothing compared to the light novel though.

The worst anime of this year are
Hidan no Aria
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
Ao no Exorcist
Sacred Seven
Mashiroiro Symphony

I rated all of these a 3 or a 4. They were just plain bad.
Jan 5, 2012 5:12 PM

Mar 2011
Infinite Stratos
A-Channel
Kamisama no Memochou
Deadman Wonderland
Hidan no Aria
Battle Girls: Time Paradox
Beelzebub
Softenni

For me, the worst has got to be a tie between Battle Girls and Beelzebub.
Jan 5, 2012 6:40 PM

Feb 2011
I think

-hidan no aria
-bloodc
-shakugan no shana 3 (well its ok, but it didn't live up to the hype AT ALL.)

Another Sig WIP
Jan 5, 2012 6:56 PM

Feb 2011
Blood-C
Sacred Seven
Guilty Crown
Jan 5, 2012 7:10 PM
Aug 2009
You guys are probably hatin' on Horizon because you didn't get it.
Jan 5, 2012 11:23 PM

Mar 2009
Not every title mentioned but, at this point, the ones we seem to hate the most from 2011

Bood-C 28
Hidan no Aria 20
Guilty Crown 15
IS: Infinite Stratos 13
Kore WA Zombie Desu Ka? 11
Freezing 10
Deadman Wonderland 9
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi 9
Maken-Ki 9
Sacred Seven 9
Hoshizora e Kakeru Hashi 7
Kyoukai Snejou no Horizon 7
Rio: Rainbow Gate 6
A-Channel 5
Kamisama no Memochoui 5
Yumekui merry 5
Dragon Crisis 4
Highschool of the Dead 4
Maji de Watashi ni Koio Shinasa 4
Mirai nikki 4
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Jan 5, 2012 11:27 PM

Aug 2011
Don't understand all the hate on Kore wa Zombie. It was quite an enjoyable anime for me, ESPECIALLY the opening theme. One of the best I've ever heard.
Only part that sucked major pinaz is the OVA, and some of the last episode (the waterpark resort). That totally ruined the good feel of the anime.
Jan 5, 2012 11:51 PM
Aug 2011
I have forgot all that with the pass of year and have some good resolutions ahead.
Jan 6, 2012 2:17 AM

May 2008
lisnoire said:
Not every title mentioned but, at this point, the ones we seem to hate the most from 2011

Bood-C 28
Hidan no Aria 20
Guilty Crown 15
Freezing 10
Deadman Wonderland 9
Maken-Ki 9
Sacred Seven 9
A-Channel 5
Kamisama no Memochoui 5
Yumekui merry 5
Dragon Crisis 4
Highschool of the Dead 4
Mirai nikki 4

but, but.. Highschool of the Dead is a series aired in Jun 2010 and ends in Sep 2010..*´O`*
Jan 6, 2012 2:49 AM

Nov 2010
Probably among the worst of the seasons are, for good reason :
- Maken-ki, Sacred Seven, Samurai Girls something ( i wont even bother finding the proper title for this toerag ), Blood-C, R-15, Manyu Hikencho ( just pure garbage )

Anime that showed some promise, but turned bad at some point:
- Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon, No.6 ( talk about worst plan for finishing up a series ), Ro-Kyu-Bu ( ended as a lolifest nothing less )

And most hyped but still pretty useless series:
-Guilty Crown
Jan 6, 2012 5:11 AM

Dec 2009
Zaraquiel99 said:
Kimi to boku

pfft. After watching 4 episodes -_-'

IMO Kimi to Boku is a nice deep breath of fresh air. Something new and enjoyable. Oh and extremely funny.
Jan 6, 2012 1:38 PM

Mar 2009
Psyche_Izaya said:
lisnoire said:

Bood-C 28
Hidan no Aria 20
Guilty Crown 15
Freezing 10
Deadman Wonderland 9
Maken-Ki 9
Sacred Seven 9
A-Channel 5
Kamisama no Memochoui 5
Yumekui merry 5
Dragon Crisis 4
Highschool of the Dead 4
Mirai nikki 4

but, but.. Highschool of the Dead is a series aired in Jun 2010 and ends in Sep 2010..*´O`*
--LoL I guess they just hated it that much . . . ? Was there a 2011 OVA? I wouldn't know because I wasn't looking for it.
Jan 6, 2012 1:54 PM
Mar 2010
lisnoire said:
Psyche_Izaya said:
lisnoire said:

--LoL I guess they just hated it that much . . . ? Was there a 2011 OVA? I wouldn't know because I wasn't looking for it.

Yes, HotD:Drifters of the Dead aired April 2011.
I can assure you, you didn't miss anything.
Jan 6, 2012 1:55 PM

May 2008
yunn said:
lisnoire said:
Psyche_Izaya said:
lisnoire said:

well if it's the OVA people refer to, then it is pretty bad. XD
Jan 6, 2012 2:05 PM

Sep 2010
Psyche_Izaya said:
yunn said:
lisnoire said:
Psyche_Izaya said:
lisnoire said:

well if it's the OVA people refer to, then it is pretty bad. XD

Compared to what? It seems to be aimed at people that liked the manga and anime. Shows can't be bad just cause they know how they are targeting.

Jan 6, 2012 4:35 PM
Jul 2018
Hidan no Aria
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi
Maken-Ki
Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai
C3
Jan 6, 2012 4:44 PM

Aug 2007
Right now my only worst anime of 2011 is Blood C. horrible.
Jan 6, 2012 5:26 PM

Sep 2011
Hoshizora e Kakeru Hashi & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi.

I swear, the first one had you knowing who he'd end up with like 10 minutes in, full of unlikeable characters, hairstyles and outfits that, if I had them, I would feel uncomfortable and want a haircut. It felt like too many of the girls had unnaturally long hair. =w=

Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi had too much going on. A plot twist in like every other episode which was annoying. HIMEA'S HAIR WAS WAAAAY TOO EXAGGERATED. REALLY. WHO'S HAIR IS SO LONG IT GETS TIED AT THE BOTTOM WITH YOUR HAIR? T__T That pissed me off. Plus that SO. HORRIBLY. CLICHE. BLONDE GIRL. Oh my god. She was so cliche it was funny. Plus the lead guy is horribly ugly.
Dont touch me I'm in despair.
Jan 6, 2012 5:30 PM

Sep 2011
DracoBlaze said:
Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi
Nanatsuiro Drops
Lucky ☆ Star
Yuru Yuri
Ro-Kyu-Bu!
Yosuga no Sora

All is bad and boring as hell.

Lucky Star aired in 2007. Yosuga no Sora in 2010. Nanatsuiro Drops in 2007.

.. You DID read the thread title, right?
Dont touch me I'm in despair.
Jan 8, 2012 12:28 PM

Jul 2011
BLOOD-C ! No Competition!
Jan 8, 2012 12:43 PM
Mar 2011
how can you say what is worst when you have not viewd all anime from said year
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jan 8, 2012 12:58 PM

Sep 2011
TenkaseiRyo said:
simple, out of what we seen which is the worst, not to hard to figure that out

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 8, 2012 2:49 PM

Mar 2009
TenkaseiRyo said:
--Perhaps I should have said "the worst you have seen of 2011." And I have seen a lot of it but there is plenty I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole . . . . with a spike on it . . .
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 8 hours ago

18 by Maou_heika »»
56 seconds ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

74 by Kruszer »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Which one do you prefer?

MillerEvans23 - 35 minutes ago

2 by KayKimii »»
13 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - Today

24 by Toooooooooohru »»
14 minutes ago

» Which are the cutest anime girl pout scenes ? (not fan arts but real scenes)

DarkGamerA - Jul 8, 2022

22 by Toooooooooohru »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.