Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 16, 2011 2:39 PM

Jun 2008
Zavie said:
FifthAveSensei said:

Venats......THANK YOU for being SPOT ON!!
The points you make are ALL of the issues I have with this series!!
Especially your point about the Shingo x Miu route not being well-rounded.
At the start of the show, both characters were enjoyably to watch.
Somehow the writers, in an attempt to re-route the show to get them together,
turned them into a cliched awkward couple that was PAINFUL to watch!!
Even the watching Miu's flirty mother's character made me want to stab my eyes out!!!
--------
In another post, I said I wanted a Hentai OVA just like the one done for "Princess Lover".
If we are lucky, the writer for that will give Shingo x Miu some emotional depth these writers refused to give them!!!

Is this how you saw his post? I found his post pointing that Shin and Miu are meant to be together perfectly. The similarities are so big that almost make them pale as characters, so when they are together, you see a perfect bland Mr. & Mrs. Plain couple.

I think it was intentional like that, Shingo being with a bland choice like Miu, while it's perfectly not wrong to do that. But Miu and Shingo being together really brought out the characteristic of Sana and Airi, and the realistic ones at that, and that's why there's a lot of people really appreciate the pairing. Not just only a cute romantic story, but also a melancholic, deep and beautiful maturation between boys and girls, and of course, that lovely friendship as well.

Really now?
I'm not disputing the emotional characteristics of Sana and Airi, I'm talking about abandoning the male lead Shingo's character to do so.

To re-quote from his post:
Venats said:
Shingo and Miu together, as we saw this episode, don't really amount to much more than blushes, ass, and sex, and the actual fruit of the episode was everything else.

They should have just focused on Sana and Airi's characters and made this a YURI series!!
They might as well have made and kept Shingo as a secondary character then!

Now that think about it, I had the same concerns about the first episode of "Ga-Rei: Zero".
That really irritated me!!
But, at least they didn't keep that going for half the series and then suddenly change direction!!
That's what I feel they did in this series!!

FifthAveSenseiDec 16, 2011 3:21 PM
Too Much ANIME......Not enough LIFETIME!!!!!!
Dec 16, 2011 3:17 PM
Apr 2011
My post had little to do with who or what is better paired together as it was merely an analysis on the construction of this show and its characters. If you look at them individually, they are all cookies cut from a convenient and common mold but two of them grew to be something more noticeable from the rest. Whether we like it or not, that was where the character of the development of this show was, in those two characters. Sana is a cookie cut from the modern tsun mold but she grows, falls apart, and learns, Airi is a more classical rendition of the tsun and she underwent similar treatment but not quite to the same extremes. Comparatively, Ange and Sakuno were non-existent, Miu has as much depth as a two-dimensional plane, and Shingo wasn't exactly a complex figure. There were signs or what I'd have thought hints to a bit more depth to Shingo's character when he'd divulged his weakness to Airi, but that never matured into anything, and his character remained static through much of the show.

Hence, we as viewers are more drawn to the two characters that had any real character to them. If you remove bias and favoritism of "I won!" or shipping wars or what have you, I wonder just how many people would genuinely care for any of the other cast in this show. From a personal stand point as I am not about to offer a completely objective analysis and I'd like to thrown my opinion out there, this show's greatest weakness lies in its characterization. It was so lopsided that I was and am truly left without much care for the main characters of the show. You could entirely remove them from the plot, which is an ironic thing to say because that is in a way what the episode did, and I wouldn't bat an eye. If the last episode doesn't even have Shingo or Miu in it, it will probably be as interesting as if it had because they are no longer the center pin around which the plot moves. Sana and Airi were developed around Shingo, and Miu for the former, but without conflict there's no dynamic to make the latter two characters stand out as main characters or even be interesting.

Perhaps the best way to look at this show is not that Shingo and Miu are main characters but that Sana and Airi are the actual main characters, because they have displayed every attribute necessary for the job. Odd to a degree but it makes sense. They could have handled their transitions better from Airi to Sana, without leaving the former in the murky zone of off screen development, but they did a decent enough job. It could have been a far better job, though, and I'm left with a flavor in my mouth that longed for something more to come out of Shingo to really make him standout more as a real character. He really could have been a male lead, in general, of the year if only his character had had a bit more of a dynamic to it but he was ultimately left as a fairly bland character that was more of a plot device around which things moved than an individual person. Whether or not we call the show about Airi and Sana, the fact that Shingo was the only male draws our attention to him more than any other character because he is unique. In this sense, I really do feel that they did a poor job with making him interesting to fit his unique position.

Why any of you are taking what I said to mean either that Miu and Shingo are meant or not meant to be together is a bit beyond the point, and to some degree you're twisting my words.
Dec 16, 2011 3:26 PM

Jun 2008
Venats said:
My post had little to do with who or what is better paired together as it was merely an analysis on the construction of this show and its characters. If you look at them individually, they are all cookies cut from a convenient and common mold but two of them grew to be something more noticeable from the rest. Whether we like it or not, that was where the character of the development of this show was, in those two characters. Sana is a cookie cut from the modern tsun mold but she grows, falls apart, and learns, Airi is a more classical rendition of the tsun and she underwent similar treatment but not quite to the same extremes. Comparatively, Ange and Sakuno were non-existent, Miu has as much depth as a two-dimensional plane, and Shingo wasn't exactly a complex figure. There were signs or what I'd have thought hints to a bit more depth to Shingo's character when he'd divulged his weakness to Airi, but that never matured into anything, and his character remained static through much of the show.

Hence, we as viewers are more drawn to the two characters that had any real character to them. If you remove bias and favoritism of "I won!" or shipping wars or what have you, I wonder just how many people would genuinely care for any of the other cast in this show. From a personal stand point as I am not about to offer a completely objective analysis and I'd like to thrown my opinion out there, this show's greatest weakness lies in its characterization. It was so lopsided that I was and am truly left without much care for the main characters of the show. You could entirely remove them from the plot, which is an ironic thing to say because that is in a way what the episode did, and I wouldn't bat an eye. If the last episode doesn't even have Shingo or Miu in it, it will probably be as interesting as if it had because they are no longer the center pin around which the plot moves. Sana and Airi were developed around Shingo, and Miu for the former, but without conflict there's no dynamic to make the latter two characters stand out as main characters or even be interesting.

Perhaps the best way to look at this show is not that Shingo and Miu are main characters but that Sana and Airi are the actual main characters, because they have displayed every attribute necessary for the job. Odd to a degree but it makes sense. They could have handled their transitions better from Airi to Sana, without leaving the former in the murky zone of off screen development, but they did a decent enough job. It could have been a far better job, though, and I'm left with a flavor in my mouth that longed for something more to come out of Shingo to really make him standout more as a real character. He really could have been a male lead, in general, of the year if only his character had had a bit more of a dynamic to it but he was ultimately left as a fairly bland character that was more of a plot device around which things moved than an individual person. Whether or not we call the show about Airi and Sana, the fact that Shingo was the only male draws our attention to him more than any other character because he is unique. In this sense, I really do feel that they did a poor job with making him interesting to fit his unique position.

Why any of you are taking what I said to mean either that Miu and Shingo are meant or not meant to be together is a bit beyond the point, and to some degree you're twisting my words.

Venats....let me apologize up-front if you feel I twisted your words in ANY way!
I do STILL agree with your point about the shingo & miu pairing as not being well rounded, though!!
I also agree when say that Ange and Sakuno were "non-existent".
That really irritated me!
I really liked Sakuno and wished they had given her more to do in this series.
FifthAveSenseiDec 16, 2011 3:34 PM
Dec 16, 2011 3:42 PM
Jun 2011
FifthAveSensei said:
Venats said:

Venats....let me apologize up-front if you feel I twisted your words in ANY way!
I do STILL agree with your point about the shingo & miu pairing as not being well rounded, though!!
fifth... there was devloment since the begining of the show for miu and also hints for her win.there was a few hints in the first episodes which make it clear miu win.the first hint is We see him take special notice of Miu in episode 1 the second hint is she's the only girl he blushes about in Episode 2 when recalling his introduction to her the third hint he was start worry about her in episode 5 even here plot was still backround until half-way through episode 6. so they did it a little well
Dec 16, 2011 4:08 PM

Nov 2011
Is it just me or did anyone else not really get into the last kissing scene. I feel like there was no passion or actual love, It just felt bland. Now with the Toradora kissing scene in the end, Now that, THAT was perfect. That truly made me feel happy. Whatever, I thought the series was okay nothing special but i'm not exactly sure what the last episode could be about, I mean Shingo already sealed the deal.

P.S. Whoever hasn't watched Toradora should go watch it all right now.
Dec 16, 2011 4:11 PM
Jul 2018
Tomodachi5 said:
Is it just me or did anyone else not really get into the last kissing scene. I feel like there was no passion or actual love, It just felt bland. Now with the Toradora kissing scene in the end, Now that, THAT was perfect. That truly made me feel happy. Whatever, I thought the series was okay nothing special but i'm not exactly sure what the last episode could be about, I mean Shingo already sealed the deal.

Yeah my thoughts exactly, there was no passion shown but more like teenage hormones with Miu wanting more and Shingo sealing the deal. The build up for it seemed more forced and awkward than love.

I think the last episode is probably going to give more focus to the side characters as Shingo and Miu are pretty much complete
Dec 16, 2011 4:20 PM

Jul 2011
Tenchi_Ryu said:
kamikaze_1996 said:
or they all just share the guy

How is that not the best ending? Pimpin ain't easy, and should be praised when accomplished...

in real life of course it aint but in the anime world its become a bit cliche, i also hate how they make the girls look like total whores who are crazy for their boy and would even share him just to keep themselves happy, if i was truly in love with someone i wouldn't want to share them with anyone no matter what the circumstances and who i will be sharing with
Dec 16, 2011 5:50 PM

Jun 2008
elior1 said:
FifthAveSensei said:
Venats said:

fifth... there was devloment since the begining of the show for miu and also hints for her win.there was a few hints in the first episodes which make it clear miu win.the first hint is We see him take special notice of Miu in episode 1 the second hint is she's the only girl he blushes about in Episode 2 when recalling his introduction to her the third hint he was start worry about her in episode 5 even here plot was still backround until half-way through episode 6. so they did it a little well

I don't wanna KEEP doing this but.....
I could also make the argument that there were hints for Airi, like when they take bath together,
or Sana, like when Shingo burns his hands to save her posters.
I could even argue for hints over Sakuno like when she wants to take a bath with him.
BUT, those arguments would be MOOT because my issue is not WHO he ends up with, but HOW the WRITERS choose to get there!!
I really do appreciate the job they did with Airi and Sana's characters, as well as the seiyuu that voiced them.
But again, I CAN'T stand the way the WRITERS treated Shingo's character
and seemed to turn him into a secondary character in the end after giving him
SO MUCH of the focus at the beginning of the series.
The same thing goes for Ange, Sakuno and even Miu-sempai,
who they just turned into a girl with emotional problems because her CAT DIED!!
REALLY?!!.....I was expecting her mother sexually abusing her or something!!!
FifthAveSenseiDec 16, 2011 5:59 PM
Dec 16, 2011 6:44 PM

Jun 2008
Let me clear about my last post, as it is almost time for my daily nap.
(The nurses are REALLY strict here in the old folks home!!)

It's REALLY hard for me watch a series unless I like the characters.
It's even harder to watch one after I BEGIN TO DISLIKE the characters.
I really liked Shingo's character.
Intelligent and cognisant of his surrounding and the people around him.
But, after awhile he turned into the usual CLUELESS JACKA$$ I find (AND HATE) in most harem animes!
If watch a harem series, it is usually IN SPITE OF the male lead, not because of them!!
That's why I BLAME THE WRITERS here.
The Shingo at the beginning of the series would have known if Sana or Airi were feeling slighted
and would have been honest with them about his feeling for Mui-Sempai even if it meant hurting them
because he cares so much about them and their feelings!
(To be honest, I skimmed through the un-subbed episode 11, so maybe I missed something. If he did tell them, then I missed it!!)
They HAD the chance to create a show with a male lead I could REALLY ROOT FOR!!
Instead, they choose to give me the guy I usually wanna punch in the face!!!

OK....the nurses are breaking out the hose again!!
Till tomorrow children!!!
FifthAveSenseiDec 16, 2011 7:04 PM
Dec 16, 2011 7:15 PM

Dec 2011
Tomodachi5 said:

The kissing scene was kinda interesting but I think its bland now as well. I wonder how the series will end tho. Shingo seems to have been rushed. It explain his actions in ep 10. He basically forced himself on Miu and with only 12 eps, there isnt enough time to see Uyruu remorse or feeling about his actions towards the other girls.

Shingo and Miu are cute together but pains me to see Airi and Sena feeling down. The part where Angie, Sana, Airi, and Sakuno are hanging are the playground makes me want to beat up Shingo even more. Airi says she's not going to fall in love anymore makes you wonder if she will ever get relinquish her feelings for Shingo. Imma just go off an a whif and say good harem with bad ending.
Dec 16, 2011 8:03 PM

Jan 2008
Random thought, but whatever happened to Shingo's being appointed as class rep along side of Airi?
It seems like they just dropped the whole thing when he joined Miu's club.
Dec 16, 2011 10:37 PM

Mar 2009
FifthAveSensei said:

But, after awhile he turned into the usual CLUELESS JACKA$$ I find (AND HATE) in most harem animes!
If watch a harem series, it is usually IN SPITE OF the male lead, not because of them!!
The Shingo at the beginning of the series would have known if Sana or Airi were feeling slighted
and would have been honest with them about his feeling for Mui-Sempai even if it meant hurting them
(To be honest, I skimmed through the un-subbed episode 11, so maybe I missed something. If he did tell them, then I missed it!!)

I don't find him being a jackass like you said. Sure, he is considerate, but he's not superhuman to be able to take care all of them at the same time. You had to take Shingo had his mind full with Miu into consideration, especially love. He's in love with Miu, that doesn't mean he stopped being kind. He's still kind, but he's not a saint that can take notice of everything happen around him. You are expecting too much from a high school student. It's like when you have a lover, have you ever been complained by your friends that you are spending too much time with your lover to the point of neglecting them (even if it's just a joke)? This situation is exactly it.

We might have to just disagree here, I like how Manglobe didn't make Shingo to much of a main character that he had to be something. I like the fact that he's an ordinary good guy while having flaws about him, unlike how you seems to expect something more. As you have said somewhere before, you watch anime because you don't want to sense the reality in it. I, on another hand, want to see how they handle it realistically in those kind of anime, and Manglobe did. So unfortunately, let's end the discussion here.

And yes, I'm glad that Manglobe did this episode the way it is, because like you all said, Shingo got what he deserves and he's done. The main focus now is Sana and Airi, they had so much developments in this one episode while Shingo got to maintain hos status quo. And again, if you are that unhappy, play the game lol.
Dec 17, 2011 12:17 AM
Nov 2010
so it will be MiuxShingo. It's not that I dislike Miu, but I prefer Shingo and Airi, aww.. I feel disappointed. Well, it seems that I should just accept and drop it.
Dec 17, 2011 12:21 AM

Jun 2008
Zavie said:
FifthAveSensei said:

I don't find him being a jackass like you said. Sure, he is considerate, but he's not superhuman to be able to take care all of them at the same time. You had to take Shingo had his mind full with Miu into consideration, especially love. He's in love with Miu, that doesn't mean he stopped being kind. He's still kind, but he's not a saint that can take notice of everything happen around him. You are expecting too much from a high school student. It's like when you have a lover, have you ever been complained by your friends that you are spending too much time with your lover to the point of neglecting them (even if it's just a joke)? This situation is exactly it.

We might have to just disagree here, I like how Manglobe didn't make Shingo to much of a main character that he had to be something. I like the fact that he's an ordinary good guy while having flaws about him, unlike how you seems to expect something more. As you have said somewhere before, you watch anime because you don't want to sense the reality in it. I, on another hand, want to see how they handle it realistically in those kind of anime, and Manglobe did. So unfortunately, let's end the discussion here.

And yes, I'm glad that Manglobe did this episode the way it is, because like you all said, Shingo got what he deserves and he's done. The main focus now is Sana and Airi, they had so much developments in this one episode while Shingo got to maintain hos status quo. And again, if you are that unhappy, play the game lol.

Had to sneak out while the nurses where not looking.....

Now, I don't know what I did to you or your family in a past life
because you ONLY seem to be replying to my posts when there are others here
that are saying close to what I am saying. (STALKING MAYBE?!)

So, because I'm an old man that will probably drop dead soon,
(not soon enough for some....that Nurse Hazel hates my damn GUTS!!)
I will just say you this: You liked what they did with this series......AND I DID NOT!!!
DONE!!!!!!
Now, I will just wait for someone to publish the doujinshi showing Mui-sempai with her knees pinned behind her ears!!
(NICE!!!!!!!!)
BTW.....you owe Venats an apology for mis-quoting him!!
GOODNIGHT KIDDIES!!!
(Damn....Here's comes Nurse Hazel.....She looks like a man!!!!!)

ONE LAST THING....I NEVER SAID I watch anime because I don't want to sense the reality in it!!!!!
I SAID if I WANT REALITY, I WOULD WATCH JERRY SPRINGER!!
And, just in case you missed it...........................THAT WAS A JOKE!!!
COME ON NOW.......
You don't watch MAGICAL GIRL or GIANT ROBOT anime for REALITY........DO YOU?!
FifthAveSenseiDec 17, 2011 12:44 AM
Dec 17, 2011 12:56 AM

Mar 2009
FifthAveSensei said:

Had to sneak out while the nurses where not looking.....

Now, I don't know what I did to you or your family in a past life
because you ONLY seem to be replying to my posts when there are others here
that are saying close to what I am saying. (STALKING MAYBE?!)

So, because I'm an old man that will probably drop dead soon,
(not soon enough for some....that Nurse Hazel hates my damn GUTS!!)
I will just say you this: You liked what they did with this series......AND I DID NOT!!!
DONE!!!!!!
Now, I will just wait for someone to publish the doujinshi showing Mui-sempai with her knees pinned behind her ears!!
(NICE!!!!!!!!)
BTW.....you owe Venats an apology for mis-quoting him!!
GOODNIGHT KIDDIES!!!
(Damn....Here's comes Nurse Hazel.....She looks like a man!!!!!)

ONE LAST THING....I NEVER SAID I watch anime because I don't want to sense the reality in it!!!!!
I SAID if I WANT REALITY, I WOULD WATCH JERRY SPRINGER!!
And, just in case you missed it...........................THAT WAS A JOKE!!!
COME ON NOW.......
You don't watch MAGICAL GIRL or GIANT ROBOT anime for REALITY........DO YOU?!

Sleep tight, old man!

Venats, it seems that I saw your post wrongly, sorry :D
Dec 17, 2011 1:01 AM

Dec 2011
I also felt like the kissing scene was a little awkward. At first I thought Miu is gonna say something like "I can't do this" and then they would talk some serious shit. But then she said "Kiss me one more time" or something, and I was like w00t, she looked like she was suffering the whole time..

Maybe next episode Miu gets driven over by a truck while at work. Airi and Shingo run there to help her but she's too much of a mess to be saved, then Airi thinks it's her chance and kisses Shingo right when the sun sets over Mius bloody corpse. Then the blood reflects the image of them kissing. At the same time paramedics turn Miu's corpse, her eyes are still open and ironically it looks like Miu is watching them kiss.
Dec 17, 2011 1:22 AM

May 2008
Maybe next episode Miu gets driven over by a truck while at work. Airi and Shingo run there to help her but she's too much of a mess to be saved, then Airi thinks it's her chance and kisses Shingo right when the sun sets over Mius bloody corpse. Then the blood reflects the image of them kissing. At the same time paramedics turn Miu's corpse, her eyes are still open and ironically it looks like Miu is watching them kiss.

LOL wow
Dec 17, 2011 2:58 AM
Jul 2018
Sebulon said:
I also felt like the kissing scene was a little awkward. At first I thought Miu is gonna say something like "I can't do this" and then they would talk some serious shit. But then she said "Kiss me one more time" or something, and I was like w00t, she looked like she was suffering the whole time..

Somehow, I don't think this anime would do that LOL, it's too lighthearted, and would probably cause the anime to be finished completely :L
Dec 17, 2011 6:27 AM

Jan 2010
Miu: More! ◕ ◡ ◕
I just got nuked by MOE =D
GAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sebulon said:

LOL? Reading this can really traumatized someone.
p.q
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2011 6:35 AM

Dec 2011
Matheine said:
p.q
Urgh... And I was just about to tell you my version of a Sana ending...
Dec 17, 2011 7:08 AM

Jun 2009
Couldn't ask more than that. Should have ended in this episode but one more episode couldn't hurt.

I was smiling the whole way through. I really liked this episode. The best eroge romance adaptation I've seen in a while.

"I definitely won't fall in love, after all"

I know it's obvious but in that line, Airi also liked Shingo but not as much as Sana to Shingo. She kinda felt it was pointless so she gave up early unlike Sana. Poor girl but at least she's happy now.
Dec 17, 2011 11:36 AM

Jul 2011
Sebulon said:

OMG reading that really scared the shit out of me, i was completely dumbfounded, thats a really good idea, miu suddenly dying and then the plot can go anywhere, a heartbroken shingo can then be comforted by sana/airi and can get together but doing it in that kind of way would be too much for this anime, but your prediction is INCREDIBLE AND AWESOME
Dec 17, 2011 5:24 PM

Sep 2009
ranking down a promising anime ~.~
Dec 18, 2011 12:03 AM

Aug 2011
Weak episode! Loving Sana ((: <33

She was the super cute in this episode. Why Shingo, WHY!!!!!!!! WHY MIU!!!
Dec 18, 2011 1:02 AM

Aug 2011
Matheine said:
Sebulon said:

p.q
You've obviously never seen School Days. Just a warning: don't.
Dec 18, 2011 5:56 AM
Jul 2018
DraconisMarch said:
Matheine said:
Sebulon said:

p.q

School Days is a pretty good anime, if you can deal with the psychological stuff in the anime xD, Mashiroiro doesn't look like the anime that will do that sort of twist, its too nice :L
Dec 18, 2011 9:46 AM

Jul 2011
DraconisMarch said:
Matheine said:
Sebulon said:

p.q

omg school days is the most fucked up anime i have ever seen in my life i thought it would be lighthearted and a bit of a comedy romance kind of thing because of the concept of a girl helping the guy she likes find love, i liked that but i was completely wrong,

i agree with draconis, do not watch school days, its a messed anime and shouldn't be seen

i really hope this anime doesn't turn out like school days, i don't think i could handle seeing such a scene ever again
Dec 18, 2011 12:21 PM

Oct 2010
kamikaze_1996 said:
DraconisMarch said:
Matheine said:
Sebulon said:

p.q

omg school days is the most fucked up anime i have ever seen in my life i thought it would be lighthearted and a bit of a comedy romance kind of thing because of the concept of a girl helping the guy she likes find love, i liked that but i was completely wrong,

i agree with draconis, do not watch school days, its a messed anime and shouldn't be seen

i really hope this anime doesn't turn out like school days, i don't think i could handle seeing such a scene ever again

LOL i hope it does turn out like School Days Airi should had won but didnt so everybody needs to die except Airi, Sana and that dude sister.
Dec 18, 2011 12:30 PM

Dec 2011
Suddenly I want to see School Days. xD
Dec 18, 2011 2:39 PM

Jul 2011
lmao you guys are seriously messed up lol XDD
Dec 18, 2011 3:23 PM

May 2010
Sigh.. tbh I thought that after episode 5 Aira and Shingo were definitely gonna end up together.. so I skipped the next episodes thinking that it was just filler and they were gonna continue with Airi at the end.. but.. they didn't and now I'm just like wtf..

I really wish they didn't spend 5 WHOLE episodes dealing with ONE GIRL and then simply switch the focus for the hell of it. Seriously? 5 episodes of a perfect falling in love sequence then 4 episodes of where the hell did the first girl go and lastly it's just what.. they're not getting together? Meh. Miu sucks sana sucks airi for life.
Dec 19, 2011 12:44 AM
Nov 2010
Casperkid said:
Sigh.. tbh I thought that after episode 5 Aira and Shingo were definitely gonna end up together.. so I skipped the next episodes thinking that it was just filler and they were gonna continue with Airi at the end.. but.. they didn't and now I'm just like wtf..

I really wish they didn't spend 5 WHOLE episodes dealing with ONE GIRL and then simply switch the focus for the hell of it. Seriously? 5 episodes of a perfect falling in love sequence then 4 episodes of where the hell did the first girl go and lastly it's just what.. they're not getting together? Meh. Miu sucks sana sucks airi for life.

AGREED! Though I don't hate Miu nor Sana. I just want Airi X Shingo FTW!
Dec 19, 2011 1:04 AM
Apr 2011
toradora much, yess ??

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Dec 19, 2011 3:38 PM

May 2009
Oh my God, a main character in a harem anime has hit home run! The world is upside down!! Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats living togheter! MASS HYSTERIA!!!

Meh, imo they rushed everything just because there wasn't enough chemistry between Shingo and Miu.
Dec 19, 2011 3:49 PM

Oct 2010
I am seeing this again for some clear up purposes and it kind of scary what I found out.

According to what I understood than before the girls will not fall in love because Shingo chamred them with his looks and personality. So they want a person exactly like that? Sounds to me bad for the author makes Shingo look like a bad guy that robbed those girls of their chance to fall in love with anyone else. Since they claimed I will never fall in love while others did indeed mention it will not be other than Shingo. Clearly not a good message.

Finally I can sympathize with the author in delivering the message of "You marry the girl you saw naked" naturally because Airi's part does not really count since he never really saw her naked just she got inside the bath with him and it was dark. While Miu he clearly saw her all naked well with the lights. So it's a good message on that part I guess.

One more thing, can a reset of episode 11 be possible and merge episode 10 with 12 or any other episode for that matter? Could be a possible Airi end instead. I shall leave at that and do say what you think of it.
Yumekichi11Dec 19, 2011 3:56 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 19, 2011 8:17 PM

Jul 2008
The main accomplishment this anime had was trolling me into thinking Airi would be the main heroine for over half the series.
Dec 19, 2011 9:48 PM

Sep 2010
I also thought Airi would end up with Shingo I started the series, but I guess Miu works.

I also felt a Toradora vibe when Miu kept saying "once again" when kissing Shingo. It reminded so much of Taiga and Ryuuji's kiss scene.
Dec 19, 2011 9:55 PM

Jan 2008
I don't hate Miu, but my opinion of her can be summed in a quote from Minami-Ke, she is a: "nauseatingly good person"; and for that reason I don't want her to be the primary choice.

Whatever happened to Shingo and Airi working together as class representatives? I don't remember anyone dismissing him from that responsibility.

Yumekichi11 said:
Finally I can sympathize with the author in delivering the message of "You marry the girl you saw naked" naturally because Airi's part does not really count since he never really saw her naked just she got inside the bath with him and it was dark. While Miu he clearly saw her all naked well with the lights. So it's a good message on that part I guess.

Well, he also saw Ange and Sakuno naked in the same episode as Airi; I can understand why that wouldn't apply for Sakuno, but he didn't pursue a marital relationship with Ange, so I don't see that working for Miu. ^_^;
Dec 19, 2011 9:56 PM

Jun 2009
Venats said:
Were there two different shows this episode or was it just me? I felt like I was watching four characters playing out what this show started off in the beginning, and two characters, in a completely different world, playing out their romance. This episode felt unlike the show I watched for the last ten.

Is that good or bad? I'm left feeling utterly bizarre after watching this... What did I just watch?

Shingo is a pimp as he went from an awkward hug to ass grabs to sex in a single episode. Who needs an episode for developing a relationship... just give us implied sex to fill in the gaps.

Dec 19, 2011 10:09 PM

Oct 2010
Palsa-San said:
Whatever happened to Shingo and Airi working together as class representatives? I don't remember anyone dismissing him from that responsibility.
Yeah that is a serious fluidity WTF moment as to why they suddenly interrupted that. I still do not understand that at all less they are starting all over from the bath part of Airi to finish off in episode 12 as a Airi ending.

The reasons for this point is the anime Yosuga no Sora's format of the girls. If anyone has seen it then they know what I am talking about.
Palsa-San said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Well, he also saw Ange and Sakuno naked in the same episode as Airi; I can understand why that wouldn't apply for Sakuno, but he didn't pursue a marital relationship with Ange, so I don't see that working for Miu. ^_^;
I guess Shingo's place does not count at all then. Besides that the mother was a witness to it all.

Dec 20, 2011 2:00 AM

Jun 2011
Wow Shingo getting it on with Miu just feels weird to me somehow actually they being together feels even weirder, dont get me wrong i like Miu alot but Shingo choosing Miu just feels weird to me
Dec 20, 2011 5:37 AM

Jun 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Palsa-San said:
Yeah that is a serious fluidity WTF moment as to why they suddenly interrupted that. I still do not understand that at all less they are starting all over from the bath part of Airi to finish off in episode 12 as a Airi ending.

They are still class representatives. Does this mean they have to be in a relationship to be representatives? Nope. And it was not shown since it's not relevant anymore. It is only used as a medium to fix Airi's problems mainly being against the merger and her poor inferiority complex.

Also, they bathed out of necessity, there's no meaning behind it. Well, maybe a little for Airi but not for Shingo.

I really don't get why some of you guys dismiss a good anime just because you didn't get the pairing you wanted.
Dec 20, 2011 7:13 AM

May 2008
at least this anime wasnt the typical harem end! XD

was thinking this episode would be Sana x Shingo and then the last 1 being Airi x Shingo but man i was wrong lol... at least Shingo was a pimp and probably had sex with Miu.. wonder if the ending will be a good ending or a bad ending which Miu somehow dies and it will be a Sana or Airi ending ...
Dec 20, 2011 7:20 AM

Dec 2011
Next ep will start with showing Miu and Shingo sleeping in the same bed, and there are bra's and panties scattered all over the room, like a total mess. And, there's an empty condom packet on the table. DI-DI-DIIIIIIII-II.
Dec 20, 2011 9:40 AM

Oct 2010
-Quasar said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Palsa-San said:

They are still class representatives. Does this mean they have to be in a relationship to be representatives? Nope. And it was not shown since it's not relevant anymore. It is only used as a medium to fix Airi's problems mainly being against the merger and her poor inferiority complex.
I was thinking they used as means to their end of that but in the VN it had way more meaning thus why dismissing it is like saying Airi not being chosen kind of. What I mean is they dismissed loads of stuff from Airi's romance with just common stuff of her route to make her stand out a little. IMO that is not what people wanted. Instead they wanted her to be chosen , which did not happen.

Dec 20, 2011 10:58 AM

Dec 2009
Oh, Miu. ~
I liked the stuffed cats at the end getting together as well.
Dec 20, 2011 12:25 PM

Nov 2008
Loved it...but the scene with Shingo x Miu kissing, seriously reminded me of Toradora, and the scene felt stolen somehow...

Anyways its all good.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Dec 20, 2011 12:34 PM

Jul 2010
Airi and Sana talk about the cat Shingo was pretty funny. xD
Sena just won't give up on him. Weanwhile Miu and Shingo are getting all lovely dovey and she even requested to spend Christmas Eve (aka have sexy time) at his house!

The other girls were having a sleep-over as well, talking about how they would never fall in love... right. =P

SephiriAzure said:
Loved it...but the scene with Shingo x Miu kissing, seriously reminded me of Toradora, and the scene felt stolen somehow...

Anyways its all good.
Yea, me too. Mostly because of her saying "one more".
OnyxthegreatDec 20, 2011 1:13 PM

Dec 20, 2011 3:51 PM

Jan 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
-Quasar said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Palsa-San said:

I was thinking they used as means to their end of that but in the VN it had way more meaning thus why dismissing it is like saying Airi not being chosen kind of. What I mean is they dismissed loads of stuff from Airi's romance with just common stuff of her route to make her stand out a little. IMO that is not what people wanted. Instead they wanted her to be chosen , which did not happen.

True.
And -Quasar, the simple point is that he already had a prior responsibility before joining the club; in the first episodes they made a big deal of the amount of work that they had as class reps, that work load hasn't diminished since then; and if he's still attending to his class representative duties, then there should still be more emphasis on Airi's character, regardless of their relationship status.

Another thing that bothers me, through the first half of the series, Shingo's decisions were more respectable based; but in the later half of the series his manner of making decisions seems to be more along the lines of being. . . well, horny.
It's as though he completely departed from the path that he was originally on.
Dec 20, 2011 7:17 PM

Jan 2010
Sana fan rage. it's me LOL
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» The VN is now available in English!

Razernation - Yesterday

3 by TEMPEST_1 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Mashiroiro Symphony: The Color of Lovers Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Dec 6, 2011

267 by RioAl »»
May 3, 2023 5:28 AM

» Poor Airi

shuvrokun - Mar 19, 2023

3 by shuvrokun »»
Mar 20, 2023 8:37 AM

» Shingo's and Airi's name

Rad_Scientist - Jan 25, 2023

4 by Rad_Scientist »»
Jan 25, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Mashiroiro Symphony: Love Is Pure White Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 11, 2011

92 by NextUniverse »»
Jul 5, 2022 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.