Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 9, 2011 3:37 AM

Dec 2010
TenkaseiRyo said:
Jack_Rav said:

The moment he shows any form of respect for us mere 'jackdaws' for our comparably little, less enlightened, new anime that we have watched then I will show a degree of courtesy to him. Until then, I will view him as the spiteful individual he is.

no i have repsect for thoese who show me it ...blah blah blah too many typos etc to 'disect'

Huh, how funny. I work on the same basis; it was your complete lack of respect towards most of the people on here that led to any chance of respect from me being reduced to 0.
Dec 9, 2011 3:37 AM

Dec 2010
TenkaseiRyo said:
Jack_Rav said:

The moment he shows any form of respect for us mere 'jackdaws' for our comparably little, less enlightened, new anime that we have watched then I will show a degree of courtesy to him. Until then, I will view him as the spiteful individual he is.

no i have repsect for thoese who show me it ...blah blah blah too many typos etc to 'disect'

Huh, how funny. I work on the same basis; it was your complete lack of respect towards most of the people on here that led to any chance of respect from me being reduced to 0.
Dec 9, 2011 4:56 AM

Aug 2009
Yes, it's certainly popular enough.
Dec 9, 2011 5:29 AM

Jun 2009
Even my mom read it. So yes, it's mainstream (I'm not even kidding)
Dec 9, 2011 8:30 AM

Aug 2011
Jack_Rav said:
TenkaseiRyo said:
Jack_Rav said:

I don't like to say it ... well maybe I do, but I have to agree. If there is one annoying son of a bitch standing out from the masses here, then it would be him.
Almost every post he makes is either completely stupid (like many of his new-question-topics) and requires a genius translator to understand, or it's offensive towards other people's tastes.
Dec 9, 2011 8:34 AM
Mar 2011
furuabes said:
Jack_Rav said:
TenkaseiRyo said:
Jack_Rav said:

I don't like to say it ... well maybe I do, but I have to agree. If there is one annoying son of a bitch standing out from the c here, then it would be him.
Almost every post he makes is either completely stupid (like many of his new-question-topics) and requires a genius translator to understand, or it's offensive towards other people's tastes.

it's offensive towards other people's tastes. like how i get my tastes Insulted i giv as much as iget how do i try and stand out from he Masses just just cause im no sheep
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Dec 9, 2011 8:45 AM

Nov 2010
show: meh! boring
fanbase: if somebody recomends this to me one more time i'm going to slap him back to yesterday!

yes it's mainstream... even people who tought it was shit still talk about it here...
Dec 9, 2011 8:45 AM

Nov 2009
Yeah, a lot of people have seen it or at least heard of it.. anything as such is pretty much mainstream.
Dec 9, 2011 9:06 AM

Sep 2011
@TenkaseiRyo: You do realize that other people also feel insulted by you, right? Your style of writing is quite acid and you can't compromise. You also misspell. ALOT. In fact, this is what bothers me: your careless writing. Browsers have spellcheckers and you're not using them. How can someone take you serious when you can't take the act of writing your arguments/post serious either? Very few.
Please, try to improve your grammar and type properly.

edit: yes, Death Note is mainstream.
Motion_MenaceDec 9, 2011 9:11 AM
Dec 9, 2011 9:29 AM
Mar 2011
no i have repsect for thoese who show me it i like the Manga of DN but the anime has very bad pacing epiosde 1 Covers the whole of volume one of the Manga thats at lest 8 chapters and the you cannot ssay the Music fits on any lyical Level do like newer anime you have invalidatedwith you own augments cause your most likey the one of the guys who hate on older anime with out having viewed any older anime anime that is 10- 15 years older than your self ] is old school so dont say oh i watched dragonball Z thats not old

i bring up the songs cause as a song writer i dissect every song on every anime i view tp see of the Sound director make right choices in song section of preduction of ther anime and most mainstream anime have this big issue no song are a good lyrical fit older shounen never had this isuue DBZ had very fitting OST as did Saint seiya as does Ring ni kakero[ an anime made in 2005

i do compromise but only those who are willing to compromise with me people miss read me i dont make point to insult but i get insult ed cuase people miss understand my ideals
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Dec 9, 2011 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
Jack_Rav said:
TenkaseiRyo said:
its got the markers on mainsteam bad muisc choices bad pacing and a shounen that yoai fan girls like

Fuck off you cunt.

well look at mr cool with his swearing, grow up jackie, it doesn't sound like trolling, sounds like an opinion, one that you obviously can't handle, not surprising.
Tea and bickies with the Bold and the Beautiful
Dec 9, 2011 11:03 AM

Dec 2010
yjrHanma209x said:
Jack_Rav said:
TenkaseiRyo said:
its got the markers on mainsteam bad muisc choices bad pacing and a shounen that yoai fan girls like

Fuck off you cunt.

well look at mr cool with his swearing, grow up jackie, it doesn't sound like trolling, sounds like an opinion, one that you obviously can't handle, not surprising.

This goes beyond this standalone opinion. I never said he was trolling, although I conceded it was a possibility, it's his complete lack of respect towards the people on here (before that post) which led to my rather acerbic post.

I wasn't trying to be 'cool' (we're talking on an anime forum so any such claims to 100% coolness have been voided); call it the straw that broke the camel's back?
Dec 9, 2011 11:12 AM

Mar 2010
Death note is overrated. Still a must-watch anime , since the '' first half '' was epic.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2011 11:47 AM

Sep 2011
TenkaseiRyo said:
no i have repsect for thoese who show me it i like the Manga of DN but the anime has very bad pacing epiosde 1 Covers the whole of volume one of the Manga thats at lest 8 chapters and the you cannot ssay the Music fits on any lyical Level do like newer anime you have invalidatedwith you own augments cause your most likey the one of the guys who hate on older anime with out having viewed any older anime anime that is 10- 15 years older than your self ] is old school so dont say oh i watched dragonball Z thats not old

i bring up the songs cause as a song writer i dissect every song on every anime i view tp see of the Sound director make right choices in song section of preduction of ther anime and most mainstream anime have this big issue no song are a good lyrical fit older shounen never had this isuue DBZ had very fitting OST as did Saint seiya as does Ring ni kakero[ an anime made in 2005

i do compromise but only those who are willing to compromise with me people miss read me i dont make point to insult but i get insult ed cuase people miss understand my ideals

Was this aimed at me? Thanks for improving your spelling a little, btw. Well, somewhat... I finally understood everything you wrote without having to read it twice.

I was giving you a general absolutely off-topic advice. That's why I even had to edit my post to reply to the "Is Death Note mainstream?" question.

I did not comment about the music/quality/pacing/etc. of Death Note, nor was I trying to validate the opinion of the other poster. I commented on the tone of your posts, spelling etc. My post for short translates: "People are rude to you, because they also think you're rude to them. In fact, you also seem rude to me. Write properly and such misunderstandings will not occur." My tone was, maybe, a little mean, because I lurk in forums and every time I read your misspelled comments, I get annoyed. Sometimes, I cannot even grasp the main idea in them.

I am not a Death Note fangirl and I fail to see how liking or disliking Death Note can affect someone's opinion on older anime. I thought it had an average soundtrack and the pacing was decent, not bad. Generally speaking, I don't think that anime is the place to turn to if you're looking for amazing music. There are a few exceptions, of course.

I'm a casual anime fan and I could care less about how old is an anime. Age doesn’t affect enjoyment. I do not understand why it matters, though. No one bothered comparing it to any old stuff. Taste cannot make an argument valid or invalid. Your first argument on this topic is invalid though.

TenkaseiRyo said:

Then Ghibli isn’t mainstream? Trust me. It is. Miyazaki remains the most well-known figure related to anime in the West.
Dec 9, 2011 12:15 PM
Mar 2011
Motion_Menace said:
TenkaseiRyo said:

Was this aimed at me? Thanks for improving your spelling a little, btw. Well, somewhat... I finally understood everything you wrote without having to read it twice.

I was giving you a general absolutely off-topic advice. That's why I even had to edit my post to reply to the "Is Death Note mainstream?" question.

I did not comment about the music/quality/pacing/etc. of Death Note, nor was I trying to validate the opinion of the other poster. I commented on the tone of your posts, spelling etc. My post for short translates: "People are rude to you, because they also think you're rude to them. In fact, you also seem rude to me. Write properly and such misunderstandings will not occur." My tone was, maybe, a little mean, because I lurk in forums and every time I read your misspelled comments, I get annoyed. Sometimes, I cannot even grasp the main idea in them.

I am not a Death Note fangirl and I fail to see how liking or disliking Death Note can affect someone's opinion on older anime. I thought it had an average soundtrack and the pacing was decent, not bad. Generally speaking, I don't think that anime is the place to turn to if you're looking for amazing music. There are a few exceptions, of course.

I'm a casual anime fan and I could care less about how old is an anime. Age doesn’t affect enjoyment. I do not understand why it matters, though. No one bothered comparing it to any old stuff. Taste cannot make an argument valid or invalid. Your first argument on this topic is invalid though.

TenkaseiRyo said:

Then Ghibli isn’t mainstream? Trust me. It is. Miyazaki remains the most well-known figure related to anime in the West.

1 word reason why Gihbill are so know in the west Disney,
if they were handeld by Funi or ADV/sentai/ section 21 or manga ent ECT th anything Minus Disney they would not be so well thought of and thats not me knocking them i love Ghibil Takahata more than Miyazaki the fact he stands by his work more and does not let his Flims have there naes changed Cough" Raputa" Cough

no my post was not focused just on you its focused on all the people who hate on me for not having valid augments

Dec 9, 2011 12:20 PM
Jul 2018
TenkaseiRyo said:
no i have repsect for thoese who show me it i like the Manga of DN but the anime has very bad pacing epiosde 1 Covers the whole of volume one of the Manga thats at lest 8 chapters

No it doesn't. Volume 1 of Death Note has 7 chapters and ends with the sequence with the bus hijack. The bus hijack is in Episode 4 of the anime. But then you never do bother with accuracy do you? lol...

108 chapters/37 episodes = Just under 3 chapters per episode. At the pace your suggesting the show would have been a 12 episode series. The reason your arguments are invalid so much of the time is because you miss BASIC facts like this.

Oh and the first high grossing Ghibli film in the West was Princess Mononoke, which was distributed by Miramax, not Disney.
removed-userDec 9, 2011 12:48 PM
Dec 9, 2011 12:20 PM

Aug 2011
DesolateOne said:
I think its mainstream but not as mainstream as say the big 3 (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece).

I'd group them into tiers:

Tier 1: Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z
Tier 2: Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, (Fairytail)
Tier 3: Code Geass, Clannad, Full Metal Alchemist, Deathnote
Tier 4: The rest

Something like that.

I pretty much agree with this one, but I'd say it's more like this:

Tier 1: Pokémon, Dragon Ball Z, Naruto
Tier 2: Bleach, One Piece
Tier 3: Code Geass, Full Metal Alchemist, Deathnote
Tier 4: The rest

But that's just me.

Motion_Menace said:
(...)Browsers have spellcheckers and you're not using them. (...)

Not when your language isn't English. He is Japanese, BTW.
I'm not going to change the language of my browser just for the spellchecker, seriously.
Tiago97Dec 9, 2011 12:24 PM
Dec 9, 2011 12:26 PM

Mar 2009
NinjaNeachy said:
lisnoire said:
Squeeeeeee! Lite is SO sexxxxy! Awwwwwwwwwww! L is so CUUUUUUTE!!!!!!!!!! Kinda lose sight of what a clever, creative, and original story it was, relatively speaking of course. Also had a nice look, feel and soundtrack too. I kinda had a thing going for Light's dad, but that's just me. ;-)

Light's dad? XD thats new! And yes I do think the characters are attractive, but thats not why I loved the show. It was for the mind-games, plot, and creativity. The characters were just a bonus :D
You do you know my Squeee! and Awww! was totally sarcastic, right? . . . . and I did like Light's dad but had no fantasies about him. :-)
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
Dec 9, 2011 1:05 PM

Sep 2011
mellors said:
TenkaseiRyo said:
no i have repsect for thoese who show me it i like the Manga of DN but the anime has very bad pacing epiosde 1 Covers the whole of volume one of the Manga thats at lest 8 chapters

No it doesn't. Volume 1 of Death Note has 7 chapters and ends with the sequence with the bus hijack. The bus hijack is in Episode 4 of the anime. But then you never do bother with accuracy do you? lol...

108 chapters/37 episodes = Just under 3 chapters per episode. At the pace your suggesting the show would have been a 12 episode series. The reason your arguments are invalid so much of the time is because you miss BASIC facts like this.

Oh and the first high grossing Ghibli film in the West was Princess Mononoke, which was distributed by Miramax, not Disney.

Thought there was something wrong, because I actually recalled DN having some really awkward slow paced moments, but ignored it because my memory of the manga was really blurry.

edit:

Motion_Menace said:

I'm not going to change the language of my browser just for the spellchecker, seriously.

I do. Always did. I also change when I have to write in French, not just in English.

Then he should copy-paste everything in Word or whatever similar program and try to correct stuff. I mean, he's already back to his usual illiterate style after one decent post.
Yes, I'm the freak who cares more about how one writes than about what one writes.
Motion_MenaceDec 9, 2011 1:18 PM
Dec 9, 2011 1:28 PM

Aug 2011
TenkaseiRyo said:
in japan here is how it is
Tier 1: Sazae san Doraemon Maruko Chan Ashita No Joe Gundam
Tier 2: One pIECE Pocket Monsters , Dragon ball
Tier 3: Sailor moon EVA
Tier 4: verything elese

One Piece is the best selling manga of all time (especially in Japan). How can it NOT be in Tier 1?

Motion_Menace said:
Motion_Menace said:

I do. Always did. I also change when I have to write in French, not just in English.

Alright. But he obviously doesn't. So what you do is you ignore him whenever you have no idea what he wrote.
Tiago97Dec 9, 2011 1:32 PM
Dec 9, 2011 1:41 PM

Jun 2010
I think Yes and No. It really depends...
Dec 9, 2011 1:44 PM
Mar 2011
Tiago97 said:
TenkaseiRyo said:

One Piece is the best selling manga of all time (especially in Japan). How can it NOT be in Tier 1?

i talking TV ratings and Iconography

Dec 9, 2011 1:59 PM
Mar 2011
mellors said:
TenkaseiRyo said:

if ther were paiceing issues why did the chronology of the story need to be messed with and you cannot stand up for the director for this if the pacing is as spot on as you why did the chronology need tweaking

Dec 9, 2011 2:00 PM

Aug 2011
TenkaseiRyo said:
if ther were paiceing issues why did the chronology of the story need to be messed with and you cannot stand up for the director for this if the pacing is as spot on as you why did the chronology need tweaking

Pacing has nothing to do with chronological order.
Dec 9, 2011 2:05 PM
Mar 2011
Tiago97 said:
TenkaseiRyo said:

yes it does if the pacing of the adaption was sped up the pace the chronological order would be fucked

Dec 9, 2011 2:12 PM

Aug 2011
TenkaseiRyo said:
Tiago97 said:
TenkaseiRyo said:

yes it does if the pacing of the adaption was sped up the pace the chronological order would be fucked

How? Just because things happen at a fast pace it doesn't mean they're out of order.
Dec 9, 2011 2:39 PM
Mar 2011
Tiago97 said:
TenkaseiRyo said:
Tiago97 said:
TenkaseiRyo said:

How? Just because things happen at a fast pace it doesn't mean they're out of order.

the director himself said chronology need tweaking

Dec 9, 2011 2:47 PM

Jan 2011
Anime isn't mainstream in the first place. So no.
> The Fellow MAL Users Social Link has reached level 6!
> Your power to create Forum Posts of the Anime Arcana has grown!
Dec 9, 2011 2:50 PM

Aug 2011
Vinter said:

Everyone and their parents has watched DBZ.
Every kid nowadays watches Naruto.

How is that not mainstream?
Dec 9, 2011 3:15 PM

Mar 2010
Seriously, Reading what Tenkasei says gimme Headache lawl.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2011 3:26 PM

Apr 2011
Buried_Bones said:
Death Note is often the gateway for newer and younger fans to stretch beyond the shounen void that is Naruto/Bleach/etc.

most ppl take such path.
my first anime was school days (randomly chosen, I mean really randomly)
my second was higurashi
Dec 9, 2011 3:39 PM

Sep 2010
TenkaseiRyo said:
Tiago97 said:
TenkaseiRyo said:

Manga is can be part of the iconography of a series. Ignoring manga makes it seem like you are trying to manufacture a list that suits your tastes more than it actually reflects upon what is currently mainstream in your country.

Dec 9, 2011 3:43 PM
Mar 2011
Anime_Name said:
TenkaseiRyo said:
Tiago97 said:
TenkaseiRyo said:

Manga is can be part of the iconography of a series. Ignoring manga makes it seem like you are trying to manufacture a list that suits your tastes more than it actually reflects upon what is currently mainstream in your country.

my list was manly for anime manga list would be different

Dec 9, 2011 3:52 PM

Apr 2011
It's extremely successful, and I don't think it's overrated.
Dec 9, 2011 4:02 PM

Aug 2011
BeYourself said:
Seriously, Reading what Tenkasei says gimme Headache lawl.

xD Same here.

2400+ posts, yet no effort in trying to capitalize and punctuate things.

No offense Tenkasei. Just hard to read the stuff you post.
Dec 9, 2011 4:09 PM

Sep 2010
TenkaseiRyo said:
Anime_Name said:
TenkaseiRyo said:
Tiago97 said:
TenkaseiRyo said:

The list still looks wonky. I've never seen a Gundam series in the top 10 on Japanese TV and don't see how you can tell the difference between iconography caused by manga versus iconography caused by anime.

Dec 9, 2011 4:19 PM
Mar 2011
Anime_Name said:
TenkaseiRyo said:
Anime_Name said:
TenkaseiRyo said:
Tiago97 said:
TenkaseiRyo said:

The list still looks wonky. I've never seen a Gundam series in the top 10 on Japanese TV and don't see how you can tell the difference between iconography caused by manga versus iconography caused by anime.

go to Odaiba if you wish to see how iconic gudam is plus in sales gundam 0079 is the biggest selling anime ever in all four major formats its sold 1 million Plus
EVA you cannot ague with
and Yabuki Joe is a Pop Culture icon in Japan just like Char is go to ant sci fi con in japan ad you will see 3 most used costumes Kamen rider ichigo Char and Big one

Dec 9, 2011 4:46 PM

Sep 2010
So how do you tell the difference between a person buying Gundam merchandise because of the manga versus a person buying because of the anime?
I am only arguing that your list seems more to do with your personal taste rather than current consensus and that you highlight or omit information as you see fit.

Dec 9, 2011 4:55 PM
Mar 2011
Anime_Name said:
So how do you tell the difference between a person buying Gundam merchandise because of the manga versus a person buying because of the anime?
I am only arguing that your list seems more to do with your personal taste rather than current consensus and that you highlight or omit information as you see fit.

for most of T1 you can look at tv ratings yourself
Sazae san Doraemon Maruko Chan maybe not in that order are always in top 3 or five on tv ratings thats indisputable if it was pure tv ratings crayon chan would be at lest tier two

Dec 9, 2011 5:17 PM

Sep 2010
If were pure TV ratings your list would be even harder to believe because the T1s ones that still air are only a few fractions of a point away from some of the T2s you listed and you left out 2-3 anime that tend to be highly watched.

You should not claim to use a set a criteria when you clearly don't.

Dec 9, 2011 5:49 PM

Jan 2011
Tiago97 said:
Vinter said:

Well that's simply not true.
It might sort of apply for certain places, like the US, but the world is much bigger than the US.
Dec 9, 2011 5:55 PM

Sep 2010
If you are spouting generalizations that aren't from the US then you should say so in your posts since this site is a US forum.

Dec 9, 2011 6:00 PM
Mar 2011
Vinter said:
Tiago97 said:
Vinter said:

Well that's simply not true.
It might sort of apply for certain places, like the US, but the world is much bigger than the US.

alot of asian nations ouside of japan anime is very popular and in Latin america
they has sana 7 one of the biggesT ANIME cons on earth

Dec 9, 2011 6:28 PM

Jan 2011
Anime_Name said:
If you are spouting generalizations that aren't from the US then you should say so in your posts since this site is a US forum.

The internet has no borders.
Dec 9, 2011 6:34 PM

Sep 2010
Vinter said:
Anime_Name said:

The internet's parts all have borders, restrictions, and groups that have more rights to the content than others.

Dec 9, 2011 7:29 PM

Sep 2011
Mainstream relative to the anime fan community. Not mainstream in relative to the general public.
Dec 9, 2011 7:35 PM

Jan 2011
Anime_Name said:
Vinter said:
Anime_Name said:

The internet's parts all have borders, restrictions, and groups that have more rights to the content than others.

Right... Everything on the internet is measured by US standard. Because obviously, Americans have more right to free speech than everyone else put together.

My most sincere apologies.
In my ignorance I misguidedly assumed for a brief moment that the US wasn't the center of the universe. Clearly, anything outside of the US doesn't count, and/or isn't real. I see now the error of my ways, thank you so much for correcting me, oh great and mighty overlord.

Dec 9, 2011 7:43 PM

Nov 2011
Jack_Rav said:
yjrHanma209x said:
Jack_Rav said:
TenkaseiRyo said:

Fuck off you cunt.

This goes beyond this standalone opinion. I never said he was trolling, although I conceded it was a possibility, it's his complete lack of respect towards the people on here (before that post) which led to my rather acerbic post.

I wasn't trying to be 'cool' (we're talking on an anime forum so any such claims to 100% coolness have been voided); call it the straw that broke the camel's back?

if some stranger on a internet forum is enough to get you to your wits end, how in the world do you cope with real life? a lot of people are disrespectful jerks, best get used to it, your only gonna meet a lot more.

Jack_Rav said:
(we're talking on an anime forum so any such claims to 100% coolness have been voided)

lol'd at that, should've omitted the '100%' though, didn't need it.
Tea and bickies with the Bold and the Beautiful
Dec 9, 2011 8:37 PM

Aug 2011
Wow, what is it with people and raging on mah thread :/

I didn't want this to be a flamewar. I just wanted to know some opinions!

SecretAgent194 said:
Mainstream relative to the anime fan community. Not mainstream in relative to the general public.

I guess this sums it up, more or less.
Dec 9, 2011 8:40 PM

Feb 2010
I consider Death Note "awesome."

And yes.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Does Death Note deserve a remake? ( 1 2 )

Kenny_Stryker - Nov 2, 2017

55 by Absurdo_N »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Death Note Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

UFO - Feb 14, 2007

110 by misterskinny »»
Yesterday, 9:03 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

UFO - Feb 7, 2007

132 by misterskinny »»
Yesterday, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Xinil - Feb 2, 2007

109 by misterskinny »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM

» how many people have read or watch bl ( 1 2 )

meltrix2017 - Apr 21

68 by Absurdo_N »»
Apr 24, 12:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.