Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2008 5:19 PM

Jun 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
What what for the double release!

So it was the mask making Shou immortal, or at least body-hopping. I think I see some buildup going on here. Hint: eventually someone will find out the secret of the mask. The SP guy's monologue on "One man, one assassination" was very interesting. Indeed, Akumetsu has a principal message advantage, but I see it a little differently. By limiting their kills, they achieve what normal suicide bombers don't - they're "professional", so to speak. The fact that they're focusing on one target only and fulfilling those pledges makes them a more trustworthy political entity. Of course, terrorism in real life is bad, bad because real terrorists aren't nearly so selective in who they kill. There are limits to vigilante justice, too, because even vigilantes who start out pure don't stay that way for long. I wonder, what'll happen to Shou's ideals in the end? Great chapter(s).

And Kuronuma is going to take it up the ass in fairly short order. I don't envy him.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Aug 8, 2008 2:38 AM

Feb 2008
Torisunanohokori said:
So it was the mask making Shou immortal, or at least body-hopping. I think I see some buildup going on here.
Nonono, those things are still unanswered, we only know that the mask makes Shou's head explode (probably triggered when the mask feels no pulse while worn)

Awesome chapter

Aug 8, 2008 4:58 PM

May 2007
this gets better and better 8D
Aug 8, 2008 8:02 PM

Jun 2007
Vegreaper said:
Nonono, those things are still unanswered, we only know that the mask makes Shou's head explode (probably triggered when the mask feels no pulse while worn)

It was pretty obvious from the dialogue between Kaibara and the original that he would have lost his chef skills (and, by logical extension, his memories) had he not been wearing the mask at the time of death. Hence, the mask keeps Shou Prime (my new nickname for him) "alive" despite his deaths by allowing him to resume his life in a new, identical body.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Jul 18, 2010 8:19 AM

Mar 2009
Now that fellow's just confused and can't figure it out.
Dec 20, 2017 12:05 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The teacher face was a poem!!! kekeke
Jul 25, 1:30 PM

Jul 2016
It's one thing when a friend like Shiina finds out that Shou is more or less immortal (speaking of, wonder where she's been)

It's another when a fake Akumetsu does.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akumetsu Chapter 162 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Dec 18, 2009

72 by FarCritical »»
Aug 23, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Akumetsu Chapter 161 Discussion

Beatnik - Dec 18, 2009

6 by FarCritical »»
Aug 23, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Akumetsu Chapter 160 Discussion

Beatnik - Dec 18, 2009

4 by FarCritical »»
Aug 23, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Akumetsu Chapter 159 Discussion

Beatnik - Dec 18, 2009

5 by FarCritical »»
Aug 23, 8:05 PM

Poll: » Akumetsu Chapter 158 Discussion

removed-user - Dec 18, 2009

3 by FarCritical »»
Aug 23, 8:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.