Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 18, 2009 7:34 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
That was a perfect ending in my opinion. You cant wipe out evil, you cant change human nature and free will. The prime minister ending up like that was great.

Great manga, loved it. Took a few volumes till I started digging it, but then I couldn't stop reading.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Dec 18, 2009 8:24 AM

Sep 2008
I wish it would have ended a little more like "We accomplished a great deal, but could never fully weed out evil. Because of that I felt I failed Akumetsu and wanted to live like a failure myself."

Although it is kinda like life that your accomplishments can't go on forever, it just seemed so horrible that it almost seems like nothing ever changed. That they just went back to the old way before Akumetsu showed up.
Dec 18, 2009 8:48 AM

Jan 2008
Turbe said:
I wish it would have ended a little more like "We accomplished a great deal, but could never fully weed out evil. Because of that I felt I failed Akumetsu and wanted to live like a failure myself."

Although it is kinda like life that your accomplishments can't go on forever, it just seemed so horrible that it almost seems like nothing ever changed. That they just went back to the old way before Akumetsu showed up.

The manga goes to great lengths to show us what politics is capable of, and is actually like in real life, so the ending had to have a sense of realism about it too, or this thread might have people complaining about a silly ending where Japan is turned into a utopia. And that would be a silly ending.

Akumetsu wasn't trying to rehabilitate people into a new type of human being, he wasn't a philosopher, he was just punishing the ones in power and wiping the slate clean. Obviously the slate gets dirtied up again fairly quickly, look at human history.

Just consider yourselves lucky he didn't kill off the girl!
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Dec 18, 2009 9:19 AM

Aug 2008
A perfect ending to an excellent manga. Im still speechless on how strong the message the author was trying to convey.

Beatnik said:
The manga goes to great lengths to show us what politics is capable of, and is actually like in real life, so the ending had to have a sense of realism about it too, or this thread might have people complaining about a silly ending where Japan is turned into a utopia. And that would be a silly ending.

I tottaly agree with you, thank God the author didn't do "With Akumetsu's sacrifice, Japan lives in peace free of evil."

Truly a masterpiece. Im glad I stuck with this manga this long.
10/10
Dec 18, 2009 9:22 AM

Jun 2007
The climax was certainly nice and explosive, and the PM ending up as a street bum was a nice touch. The realization at the end that Akumetsu was unable to change the world was interesting food for thought. Certainly, a corrupt society is kind of like obesity - if one doesn't consistently practice good habits, it just ends up the same after a while.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Dec 18, 2009 9:27 AM
Jul 2018
Dammit what a manga! Can't believe it ended. An epic ending. Couldn't have been any better, I being a Finance student really enjoyed it

A realistic manga with a realistic ending (not talking about the clone thing :P)

As long as the mankind is there, there will be evil and there will an akumetsu punishing it. Those who think that one of them can be destroyed live in a world of dreams (actually world of Shounen Manga :p)

He fought because he didn't want the people to end up with the thoughts like "Man even if i eradicate evil, it's gonna pop up again after I die, so why bother trying to fight it". He knew more than anyone that evil can't be completely destroyed, yet he struggled and fought against it. And that's what he wanted others to do

If you have power, fight the evil with your hands
If you can't do that, fight it with your words
If you can't even do that, at least hate it in your heart

that's what he wanted the people to think
Dec 18, 2009 9:50 AM

Nov 2007
The last volume bumped this up to a 10/10 for me.
Truly awesome. And the art was amazing as well.
Dec 18, 2009 11:49 AM

Jul 2008
hJ said:
Dammit what a manga! Can't believe it ended. An epic ending. Couldn't have been any better, I being a Finance student really enjoyed it

A realistic manga with a realistic ending (not talking about the clone thing :P)

As long as the mankind is there, there will be evil and there will an akumetsu punishing it. Those who think that one of them can be destroyed live in a world of dreams (actually world of Shounen Manga :p)

He fought because he didn't want the people to end up with the thoughts like "Man even if i eradicate evil, it's gonna pop up again after I die, so why bother trying to fight it". He knew more than anyone that evil can't be completely destroyed, yet he struggled and fought against it. And that's what he wanted others to do

If you have power, fight the evil with your hands
If you can't do that, fight it with your words
If you can't even do that, at least hate it in your heart

that's what he wanted the people to think

gotta agree with you
amazing ending, its true you can't change human nature, but that doesn't mean who can't try.
i liked how the last shou sacrificed himself to get shiina to the cloning plan
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Dec 18, 2009 12:32 PM

Jul 2007
Nothing much to say compared to what's already been said. I pretty much agree with the general response to this chapter.

I loved this series since the beginning, it was pretty interesting, especially after it started to get into the plot more. Kinda feel a bit sad that it's all over though.
Dec 18, 2009 1:28 PM
Jun 2008
I have to say this one amazing manga. I like it because I feel that this manga represent us the citizens, we're all affected by the deficit in the real world too. I wish our politicians could read this or at least try to fixed there corrupted ways.
Dec 18, 2009 5:43 PM

Jul 2007
I liked this serious a good bit, but I didn't like the end as much as most of you did. Faaaar from the perfect ending in my personal opinion, I just didn't feel much resolution regarding the author showing the impact of Shou's sacrifice.
All the mods fucking blow on this website except Kaiserpingvin, Cloudy-Sky, Baman and aero. PM me if you're actually good and I left you out.

Oh, rule 8...

( ̄ー ̄)
Dec 18, 2009 10:43 PM

Oct 2007
I really enjoyed this ending because it was not a "and everyone lived happily ever after" kind of thing.

As everyone here said before, humans are jerks and evil will rise again after too long.

There's only so long you can go around killing important people before you get caught (even with a army of super clones)

Besides the clones this was a pretty realistic and very well thought out manga and I enjoyed it from the very first few chapters. The moment Shou's head exploded in front of Shiina I knew that there were gonna be lots of twists and turns in this manga.

All in all this was one of the best endings I've seen seeing how the good guys didn't win but at the same time they didn't lose but at the same time didn't tie.

I started this series with a 10/10 and I'll end it with

10/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines
Dec 19, 2009 6:18 AM

Jun 2007
Wow, this manga jumped like 100 places in the ratings since ending. Cool beans.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Dec 19, 2009 12:35 PM

Mar 2007
What a magnificent ending.
This manga never disappointed ONE second. IT was just simply great from the beginning to the end. Sad to see it over, but all great things must end.
as smurfdude said, started with a 10, ended with a 10

(made by MistaCloudStrife ^^)
Dec 21, 2009 1:41 PM

Mar 2009
from start to finish i couldnt put it down. And it has all the right reasons to especially by how they wrapped up the ending in a realistic not-so-happy-ending fashion tops it off.

Truly a fantastic read.

PS. Im so glad i picked it up right after the last chapters were released. Even more glad i decided to take a quick peek at the synopsis because i saw it was completed.
Dec 30, 2009 4:09 AM

Apr 2007
So the chick lives on "forever" now? or what?
Kind of lame, good series nonetheless. 8/10
Dec 30, 2009 4:23 AM

Aug 2008
temporary said:
So the chick lives on "forever" now? or what?
Kind of lame, good series nonetheless. 8/10

Shiina was brought back by the last cloning machine shou kept underground, haven't you noticed it?
I can only speculate that she destroyed it after she was brought back in respect to shou's wishes.
Dec 31, 2009 12:16 AM

Apr 2007
Packie said:

I can only speculate that she destroyed it after she was brought back in respect to shou's wishes.

That's what I was wondering about, lol.
Feb 1, 2010 8:07 PM

Nov 2008
Bold, stylish art full of action and in your face audacity. My compliments stop there. This manga is just anarchist BS. There's nothing intellectual at all in this manga except a teenager's naive point of view that most politicians and other bureaucrats indulge in innocent school girls and other "super rich", "elite" luxuries with no laws against them.

Cloning? What kind of cop out twist of a story is that? It's too bad that technology and potential to be a true anarchist was wasted on some naive teenager. Humbug!

3/10 Awful
Feb 21, 2010 2:17 PM

Aug 2007
arimakenshin said:
Bold, stylish art full of action and in your face audacity. My compliments stop there. This manga is just anarchist BS. There's nothing intellectual at all in this manga except a teenager's naive point of view that most politicians and other bureaucrats indulge in innocent school girls and other "super rich", "elite" luxuries with no laws against them.

Cloning? What kind of cop out twist of a story is that? It's too bad that technology and potential to be a true anarchist was wasted on some naive teenager. Humbug!

3/10 Awful

Lmao you finished it? You're definitely in the minority. I can't see why you couldn't enjoy it otherwise.

Couldn't stop. From beginning to end. Flawless. We need more manga like this. 10/10
Mar 2, 2010 6:52 AM

Dec 2007
arimakenshin said:
This manga is just anarchist BS. There's nothing intellectual at all in this manga except a teenager's naive point of view that most politicians and other bureaucrats indulge in innocent school girls and other "super rich", "elite" luxuries with no laws against them.

I should agree with you on some points. the way author showed us Japanese political system seems to be a lot different than it is in reality, as everything that portrait mangas. there's no way non-politician will ever be able to describe all the dirty ways that's being used there. so it was an impossible task from the very beginning. and here we go with a syndrome of overstated expectations. if you didn't expect it to show you some realistic picture of political system in Japan, your ratings would be better. this is after all shounen. so it meant to be enough convincing for a teenager to believe in it. that's why there are lots of explanations about obvious stuff and that "Aametsu theatre".
I gave it 7 for daring. even though the whole idea is too naive, the ending was enough cynical to somehow agree with it.

as for anarchy, it's not about doing anything you want, but about the ability to be able to control your actions without any "big brother" behind your back. put it in a nutshell, it's maybe the ultimate form of a civil society.
Mar 2, 2010 8:17 PM

Nov 2008
@Iahel

Anarchy isn't the ultimate form of a civil society. It's a byproduct of poor governorship and an extreme reaction that does not separate good and evil. It's chaos. The concept you described is Libertarianism, which is the movement to protect a man's civil liberties from anything and anyone. It's an approach that befriends capitalism and follows a motto similar to "every man for himself" preaching rugged individualism.

I criticized the manga for its lack of maturity at any level. When I was the protagonist's age, I was not that stupid, naive and immature. Guns blazing with the power of cloning myself which allows me to gain a sense of immortality is the worst approach towards corruption. I started to doubt the mangaka's intelligence after a few volumes.

If you want a realistic depiction of Japanese politics, then you must read Sanctuary. It is probably one of the best yakuza/crime/detective/politics thriller I've come across in any form art. It is one of the more intelligent works of art in the anime/manga world.
Mar 3, 2010 12:46 PM

Dec 2007
arimakenshin said:
Anarchy isn't the ultimate form of a civil society. It's a byproduct of poor governorship and an extreme reaction that does not separate good and evil. It's chaos. The concept you described is Libertarianism, which is the movement to protect a man's civil liberties from anything and anyone. It's an approach that befriends capitalism and follows a motto similar to "every man for himself" preaching rugged individualism.

my bad, I should have used word anarchism instead of anarchy. it's not about separating good from evil, but about parting humans with a power of government or any other power except their own will. libertarianism is often mistaken for an anarchism, but it's not the same, it mostly goes against any force intrusion to people's life, while anarchy is focused on self-control and awareness of your bonds. it's not chaos, it's an organised society, not by external rules, but by inner restrictions a person put on himself (or herself). that's why I called it an ultimate form of a civil society, because it's an evolution of every person into a citizen ready to accept those restrictions within himself.

as for teenage level of this manga, we should also consider editors which want some good action and bloodshed instead of teaching school boys how to fight a corruption. anyhow, there's no any recipe how to destroy corruption...

as for Sanctuary, I read it and didn't really like it. characters were rather unrealistic and the way authors portrayed politicians of Japan mostly as brave warriors or modern samurais were too naive and idealistic too. it's a serious business, cynical and dirty, there's no place to virtue unless some politician faces election campaign and have to show off.
at least Akumetsu is honest about it's shounen nature and don't try to convenience us, that it's all true.
Mar 3, 2010 5:04 PM

Nov 2008
my bad, I should have used word anarchism instead of anarchy. it's not about separating good from evil, but about parting humans with a power of government or any other power except their own will. libertarianism is often mistaken for an anarchism, but it's not the same, it mostly goes against any force intrusion to people's life, while anarchy is focused on self-control and awareness of your bonds. it's not chaos, it's an organised society, not by external rules, but by inner restrictions a person put on himself (or herself). that's why I called it an ultimate form of a civil society, because it's an evolution of every person into a citizen ready to accept those restrictions within himself.

There is one huge flaw in anarchism. It never takes into account why a human with power becomes corrupt. A corrupt politician requires years, even decades, of a commitment to comprising his or her own integrity. Anarchism is a nuclear bomb treatment to a societal cancer. It's too extreme and no one ever wins.

Would one not argue that government intrusion is a symptom of a society's own paranoia? For example, in the face of today's problems with terrorism, security checks at airplanes, wiretapping and overall invasion of privacy is due to the intense fervor of patriotism and nationalism.

Patriotism and nationalism derives from people who want to be upstanding citizens of a country and want to keep its exclusivity. Therein lies the real flaw of anarchism. The ideal of fighting against the government depends on the person wanting to be a citizen of one country and protect the ideals it was founded upon. Its traditionalist fundamentals stands in the way of progression in the 21st century, in which people should learn how to become global citizens rather than simply representing a piece of land with many resources, from food to financial.

as for Sanctuary, I read it and didn't really like it. characters were rather unrealistic and the way authors portrayed politicians of Japan mostly as brave warriors or modern samurais were too naive and idealistic too. it's a serious business, cynical and dirty, there's no place to virtue unless some politician faces election campaign and have to show off.
at least Akumetsu is honest about it's shounen nature and don't try to convenience us, that it's all true.

That definitely is true. Sanctuary isn't a work of art. Its just the average blockbuster thriller with two young men who are basically examples of pure testosterone. From dealing with yakuza and corrupt politicians without flinching and coming from horrific childhoods, the characters are just typical seinen protagonists. However, the smear campaigns illustrated in the manga are very similar to what happens in the real world.
Mar 10, 2010 8:26 AM

Dec 2007
arimakenshin said:
There is one huge flaw in anarchism. It never takes into account why a human with power becomes corrupt. A corrupt politician requires years, even decades, of a commitment to comprising his or her own integrity. Anarchism is a nuclear bomb treatment to a societal cancer. It's too extreme and no one ever wins.

it's not about winning and loosing, and not about an ability of anarchism to prevent corruption, cause humans are nasty creatures and will always find ways to prosper on someone's account. I was just trying to explain that all Akimetsu's actions wasn't an anarchism at all, it was a pure violence driven by his ideas, you can simply compare his actions to any of tyrants and see no big difference. in the end it's all about ideas that drive people in their violence, and every one will willingly support any violence committed with some good idea like world peace or democracy as long as it doesn't touch them.

and by all means anarchism doesn't mean any fighting with any government, it's just a philosophy which describes a possibility of existence a society without any government, those who try to overthrow it are mere revolutionists.

and of course I do agree with you about people's paranoia as well as about globalisation and anti-globalisation which emerged from people trying to defend their national cultural heritage and language. and I can say that both of them right. even though we steadily approach a society without bonds it doesn't necessarily result in eradication of diversity offered by multiple cultures and languages. pursuing the unity we shouldn't forget about each nation's individual traits. and preventing our possible discussion, I'm not against globalisation, but against unthoughtful intrusions and destructions, cause it's always much easier to destroy something than to built.

PS and it seems that our off topic going deeper and deeper =)))

arimakenshin said:
However, the smear campaigns illustrated in the manga are very similar to what happens in the real world.

maybe a little bit. but comparing to Akumetsu, they were portrayed quite similar. so I guess it's just a matter of perception.
Mar 10, 2010 2:26 PM

Nov 2008
Iahel said:

it's not about winning and loosing, and not about an ability of anarchism to prevent corruption, cause humans are nasty creatures and will always find ways to prosper on someone's account. I was just trying to explain that all Akimetsu's actions wasn't an anarchism at all, it was a pure violence driven by his ideas, you can simply compare his actions to any of tyrants and see no big difference. in the end it's all about ideas that drive people in their violence, and every one will willingly support any violence committed with some good idea like world peace or democracy as long as it doesn't touch them.

and by all means anarchism doesn't mean any fighting with any government, it's just a philosophy which describes a possibility of existence a society without any government, those who try to overthrow it are mere revolutionists.

and of course I do agree with you about people's paranoia as well as about globalisation and anti-globalisation which emerged from people trying to defend their national cultural heritage and language. and I can say that both of them right. even though we steadily approach a society without bonds it doesn't necessarily result in eradication of diversity offered by multiple cultures and languages. pursuing the unity we shouldn't forget about each nation's individual traits. and preventing our possible discussion, I'm not against globalisation, but against unthoughtful intrusions and destructions, cause it's always much easier to destroy something than to built.

PS and it seems that our off topic going deeper and deeper =)))

Tip of the hat to you. I appreciate the different perspective. I respectfully disagree with your opinion that humans are nasty creatures. All humans are born with a blank slate. Its not our nature to be nasty but to survive. However, it is nurture that can make humans nasty.
Mar 14, 2010 2:51 PM

Jan 2008
It's important to note however that there is more than one way to do things. You should read Noam Chomsky's take on anarchism if you're interested enough in the topic.
Mar 14, 2010 3:28 PM

Nov 2008
Beatnik said:
It's important to note however that there is more than one way to do things. You should read Noam Chomsky's take on anarchism if you're interested enough in the topic.

My view on anarchism is similar to Chomsky's view of the philosophy behind the movement and that it isn't a legitimate form of government but more of a socialist movement against authority.
Mar 21, 2010 3:25 AM

Oct 2008
arimakenshin said:

3/10 Awful

LMAO NICE OPINION THERE GJ
May 22, 2010 10:18 PM
May 2010
Truly this manga is one of the best mangas i have read because of one simple reason this manga brought out every emotion a person could possible have and in the process of doing so kept me entertained from start to finish........ and i fing hate politics so how does someone who hates politics love this manga so much? simple the reason is “If you had the power to destroy the evil that was making your family and neighbors suffer, would you?” After reading all the responses from everyone i feel like some of you dont really understand this manga at all. maybe is because i read this manga from start to finish is 36 hours that i can honestly give an opinion in the entire manga as opposed to some of you who read it every week and forgot the true message it was giving. Someone wrote "when i was his age i wasnt so immature blah blah blah" or someone else wrote he was a "naive teenager". But thats the point hes young and unaffected my responsibility and not corrupted by the world around him. And he has witnessed pain true pain and the helplessness of not being able to do anything about it and not having the intelligence to become a top official in politics, and even if he was there is someone always more important whos corrupted or groups who go against you because of democracy.

Instead he was giving a power to do what ever he wanted. And what did he do with it? did he kill innocent people? did he kill for personal gain? I must say the mass suicide part of everyone falling to there deaths was a little much because not all of them were evil to the core but in most of the manga the people he singled out he had proof most of the time and maybe it isnt the kind of crime where one should be put to death but in an age where the very people who put evil people behind bars are corrupted themselves. Even certain characters that were police officers who knew the guilty people could do nothing.

This manga wasnt just about the 21st century the corruption in the country dated back as far as the war. One of my fav lines in the entire manga was on the last ch. "Humans who are unable to control themselves without such a fear looming over them are fools" The goal of Akumetsu wasnt to erase evil right then and there, yes at first he wanted to wipe the slant clean and part of it was revenge for a friend and others around him. Thats why he killed many corrupted ppl. BUT when he told the prime minister to fill it with pure water instead of pure shit or w/e he said, lol hilarious btw he new it was impossible to even do that. His goal was to put the idea in all the evil peoples heads that you will be Akumetsu. Not only that but knowing he wasnt going to be around to Akumetsu them because he had to take responsibilty for his actions, over the course of one month mind you, he wanted the PEOPLE to stand up to these corrupted officials if its tomorrow or 40 years from now because his legacy will live forever but not as a tyrant in the eyes of evil but a hero in the eyes of the people who were helpless and angry at there inability to do anything about it. But now most of the evil people are gone and some will be replaced by evil people and some will be replaced by good. However someone will Akumetsu those who are in it for themselves and not the country.

All in all this manga was nucking futs and though it may be an exaggerated view of politics there is plenty of truth behind it and people who are ignorant to the fact need to grow up because no matter what part of the world you live in there are plenty of so called "good people" who aim for $ and nothing more and to them they can never have enough, there are those who enjoy "playing with children" if there priests or politicians and those who are just corrupt to the core. God i love how this reminds me of boondock saints.

Characters 9/10 only because in 162 chapters there should be more character development. At some point i forgot some of the characters an thats bad considering i read it so quickly.

Art 10/10 a bit excessive but it wouldnt be seinen if it wasnt =P

Story 10/10 i know its not exactly original but everytime i clicked my mouse to go to the next page it wasnt quick enough and when i found out about the memory pill i was like i want one of this authors memories involving Akumetsu ASAP lol.

Sorry if i offended any1 its just this is the first time that i ever posted something about a manga online mostly because of my lack of powerful words, i wasnt exactly mr spelling B but when i read some of these responses i was truly offended and couldnt hold back. Thats how great a manga this truly is i wish it would have gone on longer but at the same time it would of lost its taste in the process. If you can understand the hidden meanings and messages throughout the manga than you will have to problem with how it ended it was a perfect ending for a perfect manga. Thankyou for bearing with me cuz its a lot to read.

ps to the person above me. arimakenshin said: "im a dumbass." because its obvious you didnt even read half of it (second half) in fact did you even get past ch 1? HUMBUG and you and big simo need to stop reading the responses and focus on actually reading the manga. Ignorant people need to be Akumetsu =P
GreedoShotFirstMay 22, 2010 10:31 PM
Jun 9, 2010 5:25 PM
Nov 2008
I really hate the ending...I mean, "10 years later"? Seriously?

I mean...why Shou just didn't create a hidden clone, so he could save himself and his girlfirend?

The "Lara Croft" character was really necceseary? Was only for fanservice?

What happend with all the others characters in those "10 years"?

The message of all this story was only "you can't erase evil"? "If someone is evil kill him"? I mean...that's all?

What a crappy ending.

7/10 Only because I enjoyed part of this manga, but the end was really really bad.
AvejaJun 9, 2010 5:31 PM
Jul 2, 2010 5:03 AM

Dec 2008
He PROMISED that all Akumetsus are to die.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2010 8:52 AM

Nov 2008
GreedoShotFirst said:

ps to the person above me. arimakenshin said: "im a dumbass." because its obvious you didnt even read half of it (second half) in fact did you even get past ch 1? HUMBUG and you and big simo need to stop reading the responses and focus on actually reading the manga. Ignorant people need to be Akumetsu =P

Please try to refrain from insulting people who hold a different opinion. I did not personally insult anyone. If you read my profile, I give all the manga I rate poorly or drop a second chance by skimming through the pages.

Read a person's profile before assuming how my opinion came to be from my posts in this sub forum.

I would place Akumetsu on the other side of the spectrum if Clannad is on the other extreme. Clannad was emotional porn. Akumetsu is just a teenager fapping his ego about how he knows "how corrupt and wrong" the world is. Essentially, the guy is a commie who thinks that capitalism is a bad thing and that all girls are too stupid to protect themselves and need white knights/males to protect them. Notice how his best friend is portrayed as a dependent rather than an independents that are similar to Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell or even Holo from Spice and Wolf.
Jul 14, 2010 2:30 PM

May 2008
I was somewhat bored when Akumetsu kept killing politician after politician, but the last chapters were a lot of fun. The ending was perfect, you can't have government without some 'special interest' (corruption). The only thing that bother me was that they didn't notice Akumetsu was Shou; is more obvious than Superman's glasses disguise.
8/10 Great manga.
ClosedCXJul 14, 2010 4:15 PM
Jul 20, 2010 4:51 AM

Mar 2009
Great, but the ending could've been way better.
May 24, 2011 5:47 AM

Jan 2010
Really enjoyed this manga from the start to end. Each chapter was thrilling to read. Usually manga has its high's and low's throughout its serialization, but with this I saw no such thing. Chapter 1 and onward was awesome and each story behind murdering the politicians was great. Moved at a great pace and hit the climax towards the end perfectly.

At first I did question why this character "Bloody" Mary was introduced without having much contribution to the overall plot, but my thoughts on that are this: I believe she was just introduced as a sole means in order to show the reader how "evil" is discerned throughout the manga. She didn't have to be a main part in the overall story, she was brought in to add substance.

My only quirk with the ending is that more of the minor character's weren't shown. Would have liked to see some other classmates besides Shina and how they are contributing to society. Would have also liked to see how the police have changed in these past 10 years. Didn't have to go in depth on it, but I wish a page or so would have been dedicated to them.

It's sad that Shou had to give up his life in the end, if only Shina wasn't injured. Would have thought that would have been an awesome ending, one Shou that persevered in the end and has all the memories and knowledge of all the other clones. But this ending works out as well. Overall 10/10. One of the true manga that I've read that never lets down with story and art throughout the entire series.
VitaXMay 24, 2011 4:10 PM
Jun 1, 2011 6:47 PM
Dec 2008
arimakenshin said:

3/10 Awful

I can understand your complaints about the manga, but I think not everything is meant to be taken seriously. Too bad you didnt like it :(

And btw, why are you posting here without having finished it ?

Anyway, IMO this was an amazing manga. I was hooked from volume 3. I really liked how he went into science-fiction instead of magic to justify why there was many Akumetsu. Overall, there's a lot of flaws, but in the end I couldn't help but to love it.
9/10
Jul 14, 2011 10:47 PM

Jun 2011
wooo! just finished akumetsu! what a ride.

akumetsu does things can never really be predicted!
throughout the story, i knew hes about to do somehting, but in what crazy way is he gonna do it? haha.

really enjoyed this series! ^_^
Jan 25, 2012 1:56 PM

Aug 2011
absolutely amazing. This manga was great, literally, i loved it from the beginning till the end.
I'm just speechless as to how great this manga was, and all i've gotta say right now is that its a true masterpiece. If this were out in England, i would surley own all of the volumes for sure, as this manga is just amazing. :o
10/10 hands down.
May 2, 2012 3:36 PM
Jan 2009
I'm surprised no one understood the ending like I did.
I just thought Shou implanted his memorys and the girls in one body, and now they both live on, together as one.
That might be my misunderstanding, but I'll keep thinking that's what happened cause it is fucking awesome that way.
May 23, 2012 2:03 PM

Jun 2009
beastboy said:
I just thought Shou implanted his memorys and the girls in one body, and now they both live on, together as one.
That might be my misunderstanding, but I'll keep thinking that's what happened cause it is fucking awesome that way.

Actually I thinks that's pretty creepy...or rather absolutely horrifying.
Jun 7, 2012 4:09 AM
Jul 2010
grandy_UiD said:
beastboy said:

Actually I thinks that's pretty creepy...or rather absolutely horrifying.

Yes, it is horrifying lol. You carry memories from someone else, and you'll forever be haunted by them. If the memories did transfer over to the girl, then they will also remember all the deaths ''akumetsu'' experienced.

Would be a pain living with those kinda memories huh?
Jan 2, 2013 9:46 AM

Oct 2010
I liked everything except the ending. I didnt want him to be a hero and i knew he would die. I just hate the fact he wavered towards the end. He should had kill himself before they came into the school or jumped out window or something.
Jan 17, 2013 11:23 PM

Dec 2011
A perfect ending for a perfect manga! Enough said :)
Never ending nightmare!
May 9, 2013 5:30 AM

Aug 2011
This manga started off on the plain side, and only just kept getting better until it hit the climax and ending. At that point, it had already surpassed all expectations. This was definitely a masterpiece- I was completely hooked in the last act of Akumetsu.
Jun 7, 2013 1:19 PM
Feb 2011
arimakenshin said:

3/10 Awful

It's been 3years since you posted this and I'm sure you wont read this but still I gotta say this; I went through your manga list and I saw you dropped Akumetsu at 4/18 volume.... that's not even a fraction of the manga, how can you judge a manga or rather post your opinion on a thread about the last chapter without having read it? You seem like a smart person that;s why I'm baffled why you'd do it.

I personally enjoyed it like many others here, the starting was slow and made me stop reading the manga several times and then finally I got past first 5 chapters and kept reading on only to be captivated and finished the manga in two days.

I know everyone's opinion differs but please refrain from posting your opinion on things you haven't read in the future as it will mislead potential readers.
Jun 16, 2013 7:05 AM

Jan 2012
cool ending but I dunno I felt ike something was missing
Jun 23, 2013 3:53 AM

Jun 2008
Packie said:
A perfect ending to an excellent manga. Im still speechless on how strong the message the author was trying to convey.

Beatnik said:

I tottaly agree with you, thank God the author didn't do "With Akumetsu's sacrifice, Japan lives in peace free of evil."

Could anyone really expect that he would go with free of evil ending. Considering the base of his story such fairy tail ending was impossible because if he was the kind of guy going for such ending he wouldn't have made this type of story in the first place.
This story is full of his frustration about this unbelievable mess of such a corrupt system that you can't find the end of it.

arimakenshin said:

3/10 Awful

Someone's little political views where offended it seems. I'm sure you will make an nice member of some political party.
MonadJun 23, 2013 3:58 AM
Jul 21, 2013 3:01 PM

Aug 2012
I finished this in one sitting because it truly hooked me up since chapter 1. Every single chapters makes me crave for more. The ending was great even though I expected it to be something like that from the start. If if ever ended with a happy ending, I would be totally turned off. Simply eradicating the present evil wouldn't lead us to utopia; in fact, I don't think there is and will be a utopia.

9/10
Aug 8, 2013 10:34 PM

Jan 2012
Wow, what a great payoff in the end. At the start of the series, it took me a couple of volumes to get into it, but once we got into the last 6-8 volumes, I was hooked.

What a wonderful manga, I just couldn't stop reading the last 40 chapters once everything started picking up.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akumetsu Chapter 20 Discussion

Beatnik - Dec 2, 2009

8 by Crisdarto »»
Feb 26, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Akumetsu Chapter 14 Discussion

Monad - Jun 19, 2013

3 by Briquet »»
Aug 21, 2023 4:59 PM

Poll: » Akumetsu Chapter 42 Discussion

Beatnik - Dec 3, 2009

5 by Ishuzoku »»
Nov 16, 2022 3:09 AM

Poll: » Akumetsu Chapter 70 Discussion

zq - Dec 19, 2008

5 by Lovro555544 »»
Sep 28, 2022 11:01 AM

Poll: » Akumetsu Chapter 53 Discussion

accela - Aug 28, 2009

6 by MaathsGabs »»
Sep 20, 2022 4:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.