Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 1, 2011 8:39 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Inviting Shu's friend, current target from Gai, to "Shu's relative's house".

A girl has a big chest... They are having fun at the beach.

Shu also visiting his father's tomb. He was a professor/scientist? So he taught the woman who cares for him now.

GHQ's secret place in a shrine? Using Inori? The guy likes Inori, so Shu used the chance. The guy showed Inori what he made. lol @ his "confession" and got it out from him.

After getting it, Shu told him the truth about how he felt about him. Nice friendship development.

He doesn't know what Void means.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 1, 2011 10:51 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Amazing episode! That is on the ecchi point of view in fan service. The push was with Shu's fake mother and the bath part. Not sure if anything will be uncensored. Meh :/ Fan service in this series only counts with Inori in this series. Furthermore I see this as a selling point episode, although fan service is undermining this series except on the Inori side and other girls side.

But hey Fan Service always will be better than action, eh? After all it pays $$$ and no I am being realistic towards it. Oh well at least Inori in swimsuit was worth that. At least. Apart from that my list of the ecchi,
  • Quite simply the first thing to come is Shu’s mother in the spoiler
    that teasing, breast press and show off her ass really just shows her more MILFy. She looked pretty good here but seems to have problems opening a tightly sealed container until that is Shu does it for her. I still loved very much Haruka’s pouting here and her smile was splendid!

• The other fan service comes from Inori/Hare in the spoiler
    although Inori looks stunning in her swimsuit, it was more Hare that outshines her with her breasts and swimsuit. However Inori gets her revenge of that in the bath part. With Shu’s blush here, it’s not surprise there.

• Finally the bath part in the spoiler
    the best was to see Inori’s full frontal in a bath towel but what really outshines was Kanon fondling Inori’s breasts. Now I assume it will be uncensored and more down on the Bds but not sure less I check. Furthermore Kanon’s ass and Hare’s little shows made it not bad. Remains to see what of it in the Bds or will it be unchanged.
What was really poignant in this episode to grasp was how Funeral got fooled and shafted by the following person,

Keido sure is an interesting person. As he actually comes to pray at Kurosu’s grave. However he becomes much more mysterious here holding onto something while his clothing conceals his identity at this stage. From the looks of the spoiler
he not only stole Kurosu’s card but also kills guards around the facility despite knowing exactly who he is. Looks like I should include this message in the spoiler
seems to mean something but is super blurry.
It certainly pissed off Gai to the point of him shooting the monitor. In thee end he holding what Gai wanted.

The other thing that got my intention that most people might have failed in caring at all for is the following,

She looks damn hot and looks to be an assistant to Daryl’s father. She has good looks and would like to see her more.

About Shu/Souta and field trip. Well it started out pretty corny with a pink boat of all things. Hare and Kanon in the spoiler
looked good with their casual clothing TBH.
Souta being a tease towards Shu in regards to Inori was hilarious with his gadget and Kanon was funny getting angry at him. I also find out that his gadget is also some camera to take footage. So it’s all in one gizmo. Totally loved Souta’s encounter with Ayase/Tsugumi in the spoiler
the hat/princess incident was nice! I would ship Souta/Ayase if Souta would have some super powers.
I like how Shu reacts to Souta here. It looked funny and was.

I was really happy for Souta/Inori in the spoiler
they really were having fun and Souta almost confessed to her until Mr. Jackass Shu comes to interrupt and furthermore act in a aggressive manner to extract from Souta the void. In fact he slams him in the ground despite that Souta’s void is amazing! According to my assessment of it in the spoiler
the scenes suggest it is a camera and acts like it but is totally out of this world.
The spoiler literally suggests that it can open anything or dematerialize anything out. It can even reveal the mechanism to unlock a place that has heavy security to a room. That is pretty wild considering that the opening of that place and that it’s a fortified cube makes it really hard to penetrate it with anything other than void weapons. In thee end I could have not been happier for Shu/Souta in the spoiler
perhaps they fought and reconciled but the most important thing is that they cleared up some of their shit. However Shu needs to sort his shit with Funeral and Inori too.

Other elements,
  • Shu’s shy moment with Inori being interrupted by Funeral in the spoiler
    was hilarious considering that Tsugumi/Ayase were the best teasers there. Did I also notice that Ayase has jealousy?

• Loved the intermission in the spoiler
    it was really nice and a good change.

• Loved Arisa’s part in the spoiler
    it showed how orgasmic she is for Gai. It was way exaggerated how much heat she was expressing for Gai but it means passion of love.
The ED suggests 2 things in the spoiler
for one Inori making new friends through that skinship bath part and Shu being reconciled with Souta although not in a direct way. In case people have not noticed the show is going towards a slice of life in this episode specifically to solve some issues and to get a plot moving for that crystal. It’s a transition people that you need to integrate with the next plot as this being the start of it.

BTW Image Stitches are left in the club this time:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=370899
It would grow. Most of all Inori full frontal in a bath towel and Hare’s attempted stitch of her in a swimsuit. The Inori is strange because the sliding door messing up the stitch.
End card in the spoiler
is of Hare/Tsugumi! They looks good. Tsugumi that DFC!
Yumekichi11Dec 7, 2011 1:45 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 1, 2011 11:34 AM

Oct 2010
Time for my weekly rant on Shu "He's still a pussy" lol

Now who the hell is Keigo. Is he related to Shu i dont think its his father but who knows i guess i should had paid attention more. Gai was surprised Shu mentioned the name Hakura i guess they all know each other.
bonifideDec 1, 2011 11:44 AM
Dec 1, 2011 12:11 PM
Sep 2011
This is probably my favourite episode so far mainly because of the slower pacing and because the plot wasn't over the top like it was in the previous few episodes. It's good that there weren't any scenes that made me cringe for once despite it being a beach/hot spring episode for some parts.
Dec 1, 2011 12:19 PM

Jul 2009
and episode full of fanservice indeed xD

too bad GC doesn't have any previews, I'd love to know what will happen next time at least vaguely. But I guess like this it keeps one watching ;)

And why is Shu even popular amongst the female charas?! o_o
He's almost as much of a wimp as Yukiteru from Mirai Nikki xD
[.center] [./center]
Dec 1, 2011 12:20 PM

Sep 2010
Kami565 said:

too bad GC doesn't have any previews, I'd love to know what will happen next time at least vaguely. But I guess like this it keeps one watching ;)

Cause girls love pussies......wait what?
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 1, 2011 12:24 PM
May 2011
Kami565 said:

GC does have previews. They post them on the official site rather than in the episode itself.
~ It should be the very first thing that pops ups...
ban1o.jpg
Dec 1, 2011 12:28 PM

Jul 2009
RyuKirin said:
GC does have previews. They post them on the official site rather than in the episode itself.
~ It should be the very first thing that pops ups...

Oh thank you so much! :D Now I'm thrilled after seeing scenes from epi 9 :3
[.center] [./center]
Dec 1, 2011 12:44 PM

May 2011
WTF is it with GHQ leaders shooting people in the head for very little reason?!?

BTW someone asked who Keido(keigo) was. He's the head Researcher that Segai consults with and Haruka works under. I don't think he's related to Shu. Though he does seem to be at the age where he most likely worked with Shu's deceased father.

The more I watch this the more I realize that the whole premise of Guilty Crown is the slowly reverse engineer the backstory and plot until at the end they hope it'll all make sense.

Poor Hare. She's doing her best to get Shu to look her way, but it's no use. miss quiet and bland bubblegum haired girl has got Shu by the balls.
Dec 1, 2011 12:45 PM

Jun 2011
Shu is such a dickhead.
And this anime doesn't need fanservice...
Dec 1, 2011 12:48 PM

Jul 2009
Keiz said:
Shu is such a dickhead.
And this anime doesn't need fanservice...

agreed, it would work without the obvious fanservice as well!
[.center] [./center]
Dec 1, 2011 12:56 PM

Aug 2009
I love this show more and more! ;____;
Dec 1, 2011 1:00 PM

Oct 2010
Kami565 said:

I agree with you their pretty much on the same level. I hate them both. lol
Dec 1, 2011 1:00 PM

Feb 2009
Seems Shu is still and idiot. I cringed when he pulled the void.

In any case, the new character introduced seems pretty interesting, albeit a bit over the top (why did he shoot the guard?).
Dec 1, 2011 1:13 PM
Nov 2010
bonifide said:
Kami565 said:

I agree with you their pretty much on the same level. I hate them both. lol

Yeah, but the difference is that Yuki......well, yeah - things happen.

I also wonder why everyone has to shoot their own people. What are we up to now, two or three people that have been shot in the head when a 'oh excuse me' or 'could you please not do that?" would have sufficed.
Dec 1, 2011 1:29 PM

Aug 2009
I have no idea what you guys are talking about. It was another boring episode. Unfortunately I'm still watching this in hopes of something good happen. It did have character development which is a good thing.
SoFarGoneDec 1, 2011 1:35 PM
Dec 1, 2011 1:37 PM

Jul 2010
Wow I don't know about you guys, but this episode made me call it quits. I tried, but I just can't engage with this show. That's probably because the direction is hazy, the characters aren't very likable, and the cliches. I'm sorry, but the best way to describe this show is a clusterfuck. It doesn't know what it wants to be.

Lates.
Dec 1, 2011 1:39 PM

Feb 2009
MEsoJD said:
Wow I don't know about you guys, but this episode made me call it quits. I tried, but I just can't engage with this show. That's probably because the direction is hazy, the characters aren't very likable, and the cliches. I'm sorry, but the best way to describe this show is a clusterfuck. It doesn't know what it wants to be.

Lates.

Yeah, although I am sorta interested in what happens with the new character, I really can't go on anymore. The "school life return" last episode combined with the fanservice nonsense this episode made me put this on hold. Lots of people keep saying this anime will turn out well...well we'll see about a month from now.
Dec 1, 2011 2:02 PM

Apr 2010
Horrible.
Dec 1, 2011 2:03 PM

Dec 2010
Fanservice at the end:

:3
Overall, half boring episode, i honestly do not care about the romance between Shu and inori..
Dec 1, 2011 2:10 PM
Apr 2011
i dont really know what to think anymore about this anime. the first episode was great and had me hooked and wanting more and now its like zzzz...wat??? oh shu is still inori's bitch zzzzz.... i dont really know where this story is headed and i just hope to god that sometime in the near near future inori actually becomes something other than the most bland character ive seen in quite some time. i mean maken ki has more umph in their characters. i dont ever call it quits midway through so ill keep watching.
Dec 1, 2011 2:11 PM

Aug 2009
TsukiumiFanboy said:
i dont really know what to think anymore about this anime. the first episode was great and had me hooked and wanting more and now its like zzzz...wat??? oh shu is still inori's bitch zzzzz.... i dont really know where this story is headed and i just hope to god that sometime in the near near future inori actually becomes something other than the bland character ive seen in quite some time. i mean maken ki has more umph in their characters. i dont ever call it quits midway through so ill keep watching.

Pretty much this except for the maken ki part since that show is mostly fan service so the characters would have more personalities in them.
Dec 1, 2011 2:12 PM
Nov 2011
Cirris said:
WTF is it with GHQ leaders shooting people in the head for very little reason?!?

They obviously can't shoot a non moving Inori, so they have to get up close and personal.

Sigh. Disappoint.
Dec 1, 2011 2:14 PM

Aug 2010
I have no clue where this show is going but I'm going to watch it and give it a chance because it has some good points.
Dec 1, 2011 2:17 PM

Sep 2007
I like how Shu has zero problem with dragging a completely innocent person like Souta into a mission then throws a hissy fit when Gai mentions using Inori in the same op. Guy's priorities are all out of whack.

And this whole dramatic relationship between him and Souta just came out of no where. We've seen Souta how many times? Not even enough to fill one full episode and yet they're pushing it like we're suppose to give a rat's ass about it.

I can't believe they're seriously trying to push this silly little romance too. Gonna be a whole lot of eye rolling if they turn this into some full fledged love triangle with Hare.

At least this Keido angle is somewhat interesting. I'm assuming the rock is the source of the Apocalypse virus, and the GHQ is probably using it for weapons experimentation or something.

Good thing there wasn't any dual wielding Inori. That scene is still cringe worthy to remember.
Dec 1, 2011 2:23 PM

Jun 2011
"Inori is mine!" - Ouma Shu

Which side is Shu's dad on?
Why is he even alive? :O
Dec 1, 2011 2:26 PM

Oct 2011
prismheart said:
I have no clue where this show is going but I'm going to watch it and give it a chance because it has some good points.

I agree with you
Dec 1, 2011 2:38 PM

Jan 2008
Another bland episode.

All I can say is, I can't wait for the OST.
Dec 1, 2011 2:41 PM

Aug 2009
Shih said:

He's not alive. Thats some guy that has Shu's dad id card.
Dec 1, 2011 2:45 PM

Sep 2011
It was a decent episode, but I'd rather see more development and less fanservice. :|
Dec 1, 2011 2:45 PM

Jan 2011
i'm starting to get the same feeling when i watch Hanasaku Iroha that the first few episodes were really Great and top notch making me wanna watch it every week but then fall into not being able to live up to that hype every week but still have its good moments,but i still loved that show and this one too i just hope they do something drastic in the next few episodes to get this show back on track.
Dec 1, 2011 2:48 PM
Dec 2007
There was quite a bit of chara development in this episode compared to the script development, but well... that's fine by me. Episode 9 seems more involving though.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 1, 2011 2:55 PM

Jul 2011
Guilty Crown is amazing at developing characters using excessive fan service, it's really amazing.

Now Inori is basically being portrayed as being apathetic. Most apathetic chicks are mysterious and they're pretty complex characters, right? Not her, with the excessive fan service and her apathy, I can restfully conclude that she's being excellently portrayed as a submissive sex slave.

This episode was truly the epitome of development and characterization.

2/5
mdzDec 1, 2011 5:21 PM
Dec 1, 2011 2:58 PM

Aug 2011
Akira36 said:
prismheart said:

I agree with you

^ THIS: Only reason i keep watching this failure of a fail anime...., i've already watched so much of it, i just cant drop it till the horrible and completely fail end that im sure its gonna have...., heres hoping against hope that im wrong lol

:)
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Dec 1, 2011 3:04 PM

Jul 2011
interesting episode, i wonder what that rock is and who that guy holding shu's fathers id card, also shu is still totally in love with minori but i wonder if its one sided, minori is probably just using him like a sucker, i just wish shu would stop being a pussy and would start being a bit more badass, im starting to wonder why the girls like him, maybe he wasn't always this way, i think he was a lot more cooler in his younger days (elementary) but something happened to him that caused him to start being this way, maybe that girl who looks like minori? , well i just hope he develops into a better protagonist because im starting to dislike shu

btw what was up with all the fanservice? it was just out of nowhere, especially at the end, i dont want this anime to turn out to be just another echi, i wouldn't mind romance but echi will ruin this anime
Dec 1, 2011 3:44 PM

Oct 2010
Anyone noticed the unique BGM that started in the spoiler
I swear it had a beat of wanting to shake around and clap while it would amount nothing but praise for Inori's beauty. So it had a double meaning there considering Shu's invisible drool shock in that spoiler.

A nice little mumbo rhythm add. Anyone find it particularly original than the most average "Oh Yeah" we keep hearing around in anime?

Furthermore the BGM that played in the following spoiler
at the time Gai talks with Shu at his father’s graveyard is extremely similar to a composition of Clannad. No one got some vibes of that BGM?

In any case apart from the BGM lovely insert at the end of another version from Inori’s songs. Really nice stuff in this series.

Dec 1, 2011 3:48 PM

Aug 2010
Akira36 said:
prismheart said:

I agree with you

^Agreed

Another bland episode but better than previous ones and that's not saying much.
It's a shame that all this beautiful animation and music is wasted on this piece of crap show. :(
Dec 1, 2011 3:52 PM
Mar 2011
I lol at how everyone is saying how this was one of the best episode's when it was one of the more stupid and pointless in the series so far. I'm so sick of this show and it's lame ass plot.
Dec 1, 2011 3:55 PM

Oct 2010
SoFarGone said:
Shih said:

He's not alive. That’s some guy that has Shu's dad id card.
That's correct comes my theories:
A)The guy killed Shu's father and is at his grave to reflect.

B)The guy was working with Shu's father and is reminiscing stuff.

In any case he would not come to a grave just like that. Either Keido killed Shu's father Kurosu or he plain was associated with him in a project.

Wasabi said:
At least this Keido angle is somewhat interesting. I'm assuming the rock is the source of the Apocalypse virus, and the GHQ is probably using it for weapons experimentation or something.
They can also use it to make thee counter part to Shu or are researching a cure from it. Gai might be mistaking in their intentions all along.

Also AHAHA loser at the spoiler
no one will come to this guy's birthday after he killed a woman whose kid was right in front her. Little shit head kid.

Dec 1, 2011 3:58 PM

Aug 2010
Is too late for a change Souta/sou as main character?
Dec 1, 2011 4:02 PM

Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
They can also use it to make the counter part to Shu or are researching a cure from it. Gai might be mistaking in their intentions all along.

^This: my thoughts exactly here...., guessing it will be soon, but im gonna take it a step further and say its gonna be like an army of counter Shu's. The way this anime does things, it would make sense for there to be like 20 counters with birthday dude being the leader...., guess we'll have to wait and see.
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Dec 1, 2011 4:03 PM

Aug 2011
Was awesome fan service!
Dec 1, 2011 4:16 PM
Jul 2011
Kami565 said:

Actually if you go on http://www.guilty-crown.jp/ , you can find a preview of the next ep? No subs though!
Dec 1, 2011 4:19 PM
Apr 2010
Man, that was terrible. I dislike every character, and Shoe is getting more and more awkward each episode.
Dec 1, 2011 4:20 PM

Jul 2011
i agree that it could be research material to find the cure for the virus, i remember that guy's brother who was on stage 4 on the infection, i think shu is gonna help him by finding the cure and save his brother but i dont think he deserves it because he sold him out by getting him arrested in the train

i just really hope the story will get more interesting and shu gets more development, right now the only thing thats stopping me from giving up on the anime is the music (mainly euterpe) and the possibility that it will get better, although im starting to think its gonna be a failure
Dec 1, 2011 4:21 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode,fanservice every were.

Shu being and idiot again,at least he has develop a little,Souta coming of no were becoming Shu rival....WTF O.o

Gai being badass again and use everyone as tools to get what he wants,i approve.

We get to see someone that probably killed Shu father or...he is his friend and is continuing his research we will see.

Btw Fanservice time!
Dec 1, 2011 4:31 PM

Jun 2011
This show....Is just hitting rock bottom. It really doesn't need the fanservice, nor does it need the unneeded school setting. Hell, Shu and Inori isn't even needed. And just what is the story planning to do? I really don't understand the point in this show anymore.
Dec 1, 2011 4:48 PM

Jun 2009
Well, they got me with that whole "Pay your father a visit" thing. I thought that there might be some actual backstory incoming, but instead I just got a beach episode and some forced drama.

I'm still waiting for them to put away the shounen cliches and unveil the masterful plot and backstory that they've been foreshadowing for the first 8 of the 22 episodes.
Dec 1, 2011 4:50 PM

Jun 2008
Why can't priests in animes can't just do the mass? Anyway he seems to be an interesting character.
Beach episode, not so much but this part wasn't that long fortunately. But the rest was, not really interesting.
Dec 1, 2011 4:52 PM

Jun 2011
am i the only one who like this anime. shu is a pussy but the anime still good.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.