Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2011 11:05 AM

Sep 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Schwarz and Weiss team up to beat a bigger antagonist.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2011 11:47 AM

Aug 2009
Miho getting real popular
Nov 26, 2011 12:28 PM

Feb 2011
"Schwarz Vs. Weiss"
There goes the japanese fetish of german language again. :|

Well, once again, it felt like everything went TOO well for Ashirogi.
But I can't see, why Schwarz & Weiss being the only antagonists till the end, should be a weakness. If the story is told fine, that would never be one.
Maybe that way Ohba will try to justify his move of killing L in Death Note and keep the story on in a different way. That was critizised a lot.

If Shuujin & Mashiro are Ohba & Obata, then Reversi would be their Death Note.
That's the reason, why I think, Bakuman will end soon.
KuchenlightNov 26, 2011 12:59 PM
Nov 26, 2011 12:32 PM

Jul 2008
Kuchenlight said:
...Maybe that way Ohba will try to justify his move of killing L in Death Note and keep the story on in a different way. That was critizised a lot.

If Shuujin & Mashiro are Ohba & Obata, then Reversi would be their Death Note...

I agree
My candies:
Nov 26, 2011 12:35 PM

Jun 2010
Yes, Death Note is exactly what comes to mind.

Now Ashirogi is going to face a similar problem - how to go on with the same protagonists without boring the readers. Should be interesting.

It really looks like they are getting closer to making their dreams a reality... I don't like Bakuman to end just yet though! Unless they create another super-special-awesome series soon to make up for it.
Nov 26, 2011 12:42 PM

Jun 2009
NoHeart said:
Kuchenlight said:
...Maybe that way Ohba will try to justify his move of killing L in Death Note and keep the story on in a different way. That was critizised a lot.

If Shuujin & Mashiro are Ohba & Obata, then Reversi would be their Death Note...

I agree

Second it
Nov 26, 2011 12:46 PM

Apr 2009
I feel like that they should definitely approach Reversi like Death Note. By exploring a pseudo-friendship between Schwarz and Weiss, like the one between L and Light, they would be able to throw around respect, doubt, intense personal rivalry, and common enemies to keep Reversi interesting for hundreds of chapters, juts like Death Note.

I think it's kind of stupid that introduced that "dilemma" so early on. To me, it sours the plot. Like, too much too soon. I want Aroshogi to win for once, you know?

Nov 26, 2011 1:21 PM
Nov 2007
deathnote 10char
Nov 26, 2011 1:21 PM

Dec 2010
It was some nice development, I do wonder how Ashirogi muto are going to beat Eiji now. Was quite surprised they got 3rd in their 3rd chapter. Thought they'd get 2nd.

Miho getting really popular which is good, Ashirogi better get an anime soon I wanna see Miho and Mashiro get married, seriously if they say they can't get an anime I'm gonna be pretty annoyed.
Nov 26, 2011 2:10 PM

Jun 2008
I feel like it's the first time that Ashirogi and Eiji compete with their story and I like it.
I think Ashirogi next next move will be to create an alliance with Schwarz and Weiss against a greater antagonist.
Nov 26, 2011 2:42 PM

Nov 2008
The competition is really good. Good to see Miho getting popular.
DuroDeMatarNov 26, 2011 9:16 PM
Nov 26, 2011 3:10 PM

Feb 2011
Well...as the old saying goes; when things go too well, it's bound to get f'ed.
Nov 26, 2011 7:26 PM

May 2010
I kind of really want the whole series to be a troll just to justify killing L. That would make me laugh so much.

Anyway, nice chapter, good to see them getting first three weeks in a row.

I want to know how PCP did in Hisshou, that must have been published already right?
Nov 26, 2011 11:51 PM

May 2008
That was a great episode i love the naming of the black and white. also the creators of bakuman always amaze me how they are able to come up with such amazing stories.

On a side note , no one is mentioning Weiss Schwarz the card game :( is it really that unpopular?

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 27, 2011 12:12 AM

May 2011
Ima have to agree with the "Recreating Death Note" theory. Like they've established already, they can't really replace those characters successfully, not so early on. And it's too early to call quits; they wouldn't trash it and try again. It's too bad, since they were so successful, but I did seem a little fishy to me.

I love chapters like these where I try to figure out with Niizuma-kun's thinking. But I never can. ^_^V Shame; I wanted to see him snap from losing to Ashirogi-sensei. Even though I was rooting for them, I'm so glad to see Niizuma-kun back on top. ^^
Nov 27, 2011 8:30 AM

Nov 2007
I wish they'd show us more pages of Reversi, some of Zombie Gun looked pretty cool.
Nov 27, 2011 9:10 AM
Jul 2018
i wanted to see eiji's reaction, he always amuses me
still great chapter.
If weiss and schwarz are on equal levels then they could create grau (grey) who'll appear to befriend both but actually is using them... or maybe he's got double personality as an reaction to the brainwashing of schwarz and weiss.. meh or something like that, im just saying XD

ahh i´ll like to read reversi and zombie gun T_T
Nov 28, 2011 1:34 AM

Nov 2011
mystik said:
I wish they'd show us more pages of Reversi, some of Zombie Gun looked pretty cool.

THIS pretty much...

weiss & schwarz... they do really look like Light & L
If they recreating death note I will be pissed off because of certain 'someone' death...

this is getting more meta because we discussed what should they do in the same time in the manga, the characters also think what should they do...

sidenote: aoki got 17th!!! that kind of harsh.. I feel sorry for her if she got axed again...I hope hiramaru can encouraged her, that will be hilarious XD
Nov 28, 2011 9:10 AM

Feb 2011
Maybe they even bring Death Note itself into this.
Like in the next chapters Shuujin or Saiko mention "Hey, our situation is similar to that in Death Note. Maybe we shouldn't make the same MISTAKE in Reversi.". How awesome would THAT be!? ;)
Nov 28, 2011 11:32 PM

May 2009
Even though they say that they can't kill off a character there are still many ways they can do that if it is in the middle of their series, stories can be changed in multiple ways... anyway I wonder what the rankings are going to be for their manga next chapter?... if they keep on dropping and then fail that won't be pretty......
Nov 29, 2011 1:51 AM

Nov 2009
greenmush said:
That was a great episode i love the naming of the black and white. also the creators of bakuman always amaze me how they are able to come up with such amazing stories.

On a side note , no one is mentioning Weiss Schwarz the card game :( is it really that unpopular?

I know weiss schwarz and i have it:)
Nov 30, 2011 1:13 AM

Mar 2009
That new antagonist in Zombie Gun... 8D I wanna see more LOL. Looks pretty cool and the long hair is cute, had to say it... but so do the black and white protagonists of Reversi. Hoping for some more sample pages!

Anyway, yeah I guess it's not so easy for them to write a "good" manga with their two main chars., instead like someone said before they just gotta write the story really well to make up for it. :3

I love how Kaya smacks her husband just like that in front of his best friend / coworker. :P
Dec 2, 2011 7:19 AM

Jul 2009
I thought Ohba was basically forced to continue Death Note longer than was originally intended because it was so popular? Hence the absolute mediocrity of Near and Mello.
Jul 18, 2012 12:09 PM

Oct 2008
I don't think they could consider that as a weakness. Personally, I don't like it when characters are killed off and replaced. They should just think of an interesting plot twist for Reversi. Or they can just hope for the best. Haha!
May 8, 2014 7:23 AM

Aug 2007
It's funny, the thing that made Death Note compelling was the week-to-week, chapter-to-chapter adrenaline rush of mind games. But that's also its weakness. Death Note suffered from not being well-thought out and riddled with inconsistencies and unrealistic scenarios from the confusing set-ups Ohba did. Perhaps he/she realized this and meta'd it into Bakuman this way. Either way, this chapter seemed very reflective on the author's history.
Nov 23, 2021 2:21 PM

Dec 2007
ashirogi suffering from the limitation they themself hd set lol.
if they going to change it that's gonna be death note 2nd part all over again...
cliothekira said:
It's funny, the thing that made Death Note compelling was the week-to-week, chapter-to-chapter adrenaline rush of mind games. But that's also its weakness. Death Note suffered from not being well-thought out and riddled with inconsistencies and unrealistic scenarios from the confusing set-ups Ohba did. Perhaps he/she realized this and meta'd it into Bakuman this way. Either way, this chapter seemed very reflective on the author's history.
what are you talking about? death note was perfect. it only weakness came with yotsuba arc and the 2nd part...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 144 Discussion

Naokohiro - Aug 21, 2011

39 by Adriannitro »»
Apr 2, 7:39 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 22 Discussion

Kirstenx - Jan 23, 2009

39 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 21 Discussion

Faust721 - Jan 16, 2009

38 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 16 Discussion

Jello - Nov 28, 2008

29 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 15 Discussion

Faust721 - Nov 20, 2008

31 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.