Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 22, 2011 4:02 PM

Aug 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Have to admit, never saw Ukitake as the culprit.

But I do believe Ginjou is rallying Ichigo to this extent for other reasons, what does he benefit if he makes Ichigo believe he is just merely a puppet for SS? An ally? Why made Ginjou hate SS so much?

Oh yes, Urahara showing up at the most crucial moment.

GREAT chapter.
Nov 22, 2011 4:16 PM

May 2009
Really?! That is your big twist Kubo?! The shinigami badge is actually A FUCKING GPS?!

Fuck this shit, I'm not in the mood for mocking it.
Nov 22, 2011 4:22 PM

Oct 2010
haha, i sort of liked this chapter, but i wish they will carry it on and keep the interest up next week
Nov 22, 2011 4:33 PM

Jan 2008
Soul Society betrayal? No! Really? Sure didn't see that coming. /sarcasm
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Nov 22, 2011 4:34 PM

Nov 2008
Yeah... Ukitake...
Nov 22, 2011 4:45 PM
Nov 2010
I liked this chapter. So the badge works as a locator and it also serves to restrict Ichigo's reiatsu.

That must have been hard on Ichigo since he always believe in trusting his friends, but now he finds out that Soul Society(with the probable exceptions of some people) didn't really trust him completely.

I liked how Kubo used the scene of Ichigo trying to used the badge in that flashback, as to emphasize that the badge wasn't really what Ichigo initially believe it was.

5/5
Nov 22, 2011 4:52 PM

Feb 2008
IMO, I think those weren't the "whole" big twist of the story. I could say, Ginjo spewed half or maybe 1/4 of the truth. As Ishida said, "The worst scenario is if neither of those were true". We just can't assume that what this chapter had offered is the big f**king twist". I also want to hear the SS side of the story...and what are Isshin's thoughts, especially Urahara's?

For this chapter, I love the ending...can't wait to see Ichigo's bankai. Is it "the same", or different?
Nov 22, 2011 4:58 PM
Nov 2010
kimchuy said:
IMO, I think those weren't the "whole" big twist of the story. I could say, Ginjo spewed half or maybe 1/4 of the truth.

I agree on this, I don't believe that Ginjo told him the all truth.
Nov 22, 2011 5:00 PM
Mar 2011
well Kubo, if that was the huge shocker your were talking about
I can safely say that you lost all means of creative writing
on a side note, I am kinda looking forward to Ichigo's new bankai form
Nov 22, 2011 5:02 PM

Sep 2011
Who thinks that Ichigo will just say F*** it and beat the hell out of Ginjou or B*tch out at SS for the reason of "being spied at and having your power controlled* I honestly hope he just says F*uck that! beats up Ginjou and than happy go lucky reunion as usual. It's not even worth doing a side story on Ukitake becasue it's honest to God not even a good plot curve ball its more like Ginjou threw a fit when he figured it out for no reason...
Nov 22, 2011 5:07 PM

Dec 2007
Déjà vu
Nov 22, 2011 5:15 PM

Aug 2010
Alright chapter overall, better than most in the past few weeks, can't wait to see his bankai form :)

Nov 22, 2011 5:20 PM
Nov 2011
nice twist, hopefully he doesnt kill the mood with chapter after chapter of explanation
Nov 22, 2011 5:35 PM

Nov 2011
Major turn of events, this is much better than the past few months without Ichigo having his powers. But if the goal of the badge is to to keep track of the substitutes why didn't they get rid of Ginjou earlier?

But anyway im looking forward to Bankai once again :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2011 5:37 PM

May 2010
wow..x.x

ginjo, just go die. =.=

Ichigo Bankai at the end, epic.
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Nov 22, 2011 5:48 PM

Mar 2009
That was the obvious purpose, which is by all means, sensible! The real deal was not disclosed yet.

Now what? Ichigo goes bankai, beats Ginjou, who, before dying tells the real "real" disturbing truth? I hope not cuz it would be lame.

Nov 22, 2011 5:49 PM

Dec 2009
Heh... I was expecting something better. But isn't that the same with any shinigami that goes to the real world? Yamamoto and Central 46 must monitor them and restrict their powers in case if they start going into a rampage.

I admit when Ginjou said the culprit behind everything I thought he was going to say: AIZEN. But it was Ukitake. Still, not a really plot twisting thing.

Expecting to see Ichigo's bankai next week. Wonder if Tensa Zangetsu will be like when he fought Aizen or it will have new differences.
Nov 22, 2011 5:50 PM

Jun 2009
its not like it worked that well at keeping ichigo power under control and restrained the badge
Nov 22, 2011 5:50 PM

Jul 2011
Looks like Ginjo got into his head.
Nov 22, 2011 5:51 PM

May 2011
No...Ukitake was one of my favourites! I can't believe the SS would do that to Ichigo! If other people like Rukia and Renji were in on this (which I hope they're not), then I'll never forgive them. EVER.

Can't wait to see Ichigo's bankai! I hope he pwns Ginjo and screws the SS over.

I’m just trying to be okay. Some days it’s harder than others. I hide away the most real parts of myself from everyone else. The emotions that I try to escape from. The constant pain I feel. The nightmares that keep me awake at night.

It hurts sometimes... knowing that the world is continuing happily all around me while I continue to drown in alcohol and slowly die inside myself.

Nov 22, 2011 6:04 PM

May 2011
Took him long enough to unleash his Bankai. Another 20 chapters and we might see his Hollow Mask take form.
Nov 22, 2011 6:15 PM

Aug 2009
Surely, what Ginjou revealed sounds like some kind of SS betrayal, but I don't see it as that big of a deal. On the contrary, the fact that the badge sealed Ichigo's reiatsu while in human form may have been a positive thing for Ichigo... maybe he wouldn't be able to live normally otherwise. Who knows. I kinda doubt Ukitake will become another Aizen now...

I just want to know what happened to Riruka~!
Nov 22, 2011 6:26 PM

Jun 2009
The whole thing about the shinigami badge beings like a gps didn't surprise me one bit lol
But Ukitake is behind it? O.o
and does rukia know ....
Hopefully next weeks episode will be interesting too
Nov 22, 2011 6:30 PM

Jan 2011
Hmmmm..... can't tell if he's lying or not.

Cool chapter though! Best part was Ichigo's bankai at the end!
Nov 22, 2011 6:55 PM
Dec 2010
T'was epicsauce. Loved it. OMG UKITAKE SERIOUSLY/???????/

I demand an explanation. NAOW.

Oh, and 5/5
"I... don't need anything else...if you don't need anything else."
Nov 22, 2011 7:13 PM
Jul 2011
I don't really get why this is supposed to be a such a big revelation or why it would make the Soul Society look like the bad guys.

The badge suppressing Ichigo's power makes perfect sense, seeing as how captains and liutenants have their powers suppressed by like 80% when they come to earth, so it's reasonable to do the same to Ichigo. And it's reasonable to want to keep track substitutes since they're not officially part of the Gotei 13, so it makes sense to keep an eye on them in case they get into trouble or become threats. I really hope there's more to this "revelation".
Nov 22, 2011 7:14 PM

Jul 2010
I KNEW IT.AIZEN WAS THE GOOD ONE!.HE JUST WANTED TO SAVE THE WORLD, AND HAVE A NORMAL FAMILY!.
...or no?

Anyway, really good chapter.I love this twist, and Ichigo screaming at the end + BANKAI.Cant wait to see next chap so much.
Nov 22, 2011 7:18 PM

Feb 2008
it didn't really matter who the culprit is. this manga is really not that much fun to read. the plot is not that engaging.
Nov 22, 2011 7:20 PM
Jul 2011
I really feel sorry for kuugo in this chapter. I'm sure soul society used him to give Ichigo such an ordeal.
Nov 22, 2011 7:23 PM

Feb 2011
wow. i can't say this chapter was bad. and ginjo's an idiot for thinking any of that stuff really mattered. of course theyed want to keep track of him since he could cause a ton of problem if he wanted to.

i wonder how much his bankai changed now???
Nov 22, 2011 7:34 PM

Apr 2009
Omg, its just GPS not a fuckin bomb. LoL Stop talking about SS betrayal.
Nov 22, 2011 7:54 PM

Aug 2011
DarthObsidian said:
I don't really get why this is supposed to be a such a big revelation or why it would make the Soul Society look like the bad guys.

The badge suppressing Ichigo's power makes perfect sense, seeing as how captains and liutenants have their powers suppressed by like 80% when they come to earth, so it's reasonable to do the same to Ichigo. And it's reasonable to want to keep track substitutes since they're not officially part of the Gotei 13, so it makes sense to keep an eye on them in case they get into trouble or become threats. I really hope there's more to this "revelation".
this
Nov 22, 2011 8:04 PM

Jul 2008
99% of the fuss about this chapter having a 'super revelation' came from the fanbase, I don't think that Kubo planned that as any big revelation.
Nov 22, 2011 8:12 PM
Aug 2011
Yeah that's not enough to make Ichigo turn his back on the SS. That even that big of a deal in my opinion. Though I am sure there is more to it.
Nov 22, 2011 8:30 PM

Jan 2008
Brief return of old unsexy art and a great panel of Ukitake.

Nov 22, 2011 8:53 PM

Aug 2007
DeanLeonard said:
Omg, its just GPS not a fuckin bomb. LoL Stop talking about SS betrayal.

lmao this. i was like whats the big hooha and shocked faces man, considering SS' past doings, this is considerably minute. i don't even know whats there to be shocked about. especially seeing Ichigo's expression when he knew it was Ukitake who designed the scheme... so what? kuroyuri designs weird shit all the time and nobody gave a damn. Ukitake probably did this for the benefit of SS so.... why are they the bad guys?

Nov 22, 2011 9:11 PM

Aug 2010
So Soul Society was controlling, whats the big deal??

And it only rly applies to Ichigo if he decides to go berserk and they use it to kill him...

>>How many Dragonball Z characters does it take to change a lightbulb??
Ive got no idea, but it'd take at least 20 episodes!
Nov 22, 2011 9:15 PM

Feb 2010
1. who said this was the 'big revelation'? Definitely not Kubo. Please do not assume things by yourselves and then get disappointed by the lack of expectations and then blame someone else.

2. The badge is not a fucking GPS for god's sake. There is a difference between a monitoring device and a GPS. Go google it for yourselves.

3. Again, alll the hate based on ONE chapter. Werent you taught not to jump into conclusions when you were young?

IMO, it was unexpected yet expected. Ukitake. Really surprised me at the moment when he was mentioned, considering he is a really minor character amongst the captains. However, with that, I noticed there is a trend that Kubo loves to use the most passive characters and changes them into someone unexpected. Aizen for example. Though we know he was sneaking around godknowswhat in the beginning, we never knew he was the mastermind of it all. And even though he was protrayed as the villain, in the end we know that maybe Aizen wasnt the villain at all. (Maybe it's the soul king.) But please let's not start a discussion on this and digress from the topic. My point is, like others and Ishida have mentioned, Ukitake might not be the villain after all. We know very well to take the words of a 'villain' (Ginjo) with a pinch of salt and Im hoping that Ichigo doesnt let this get into his head either.

Though Im not really sure if Ichigo was tempted by Ginjo and hence the bankai. I would think that Ichigo is becoming angry at his words, since Ginjo bad-mouthed his shinigami friends.. And wanted to settle the fight ASAP.

Looking forward to the next chapter. Seeing how his shikai has changed, cant wait to see the new form of Zangetsu when its in bankai mode. (:

chanotek said:
DarthObsidian said:

this

grar564 said:
So Soul Society was controlling, whats the big deal??

And it only rly applies to Ichigo if he decides to go berserk and they use it to kill him...

this.

Shinigamis will always be cautious, because they not only protect soul society, they also try to maintain the human world and hollow world. It could never hurt to be more careful than careless.

Im guessing that Ginjo became 'bad' in Soul Society's viewpoint and hence some conflict happened.
icegenieNov 22, 2011 9:23 PM
icegenie.pngUntitled-1_04-04.gif
Nov 22, 2011 10:10 PM

Mar 2009
I kinda wonder if Ginjo was telling the truth.
Nov 22, 2011 10:14 PM

Sep 2010
great chapter. this makes me wonder if ichigo was actually born for the prupose of being an elite pawn for the SS. Maybe that's why aizen said he knew everything about ichigo since he was conceived. I also think ginjou's experience as a sub-soulreaper probably wasn't good as ichigo has it now. They probably did exploit ginjou but in ichigo's case they were going to exploit him but he ended up becoming a more of a friend/ally.

Hope there's more reveal/action next week!
Nov 22, 2011 10:44 PM
Jun 2010
This was so predictable that it wasn't predictable. When I say that I mean, it was something that anyone could guess would happen but many people didn't expect it to be such as simple plot twist. I guess it's too early to say we got trolled. Hope there's a plot twist within this plot twist because that was a little weak. How many different mangas/animes has an organization that uses them? Darker than Black? Fullmetal alchemist? D.gray-man? As well as many others. Well I guess shonens will be shonens and all that matters is the execution since shonens tend to be cliche a lot of the times.

Well I still liked this chapter despite the weak plot twist because of Ichigo's bankai at the end and how he yelled shut up before saying bankai. Can't wait to see it, seems like theres some sort of cliffhanger at the end of most of bleach's chapters nowadays. Hope his bankai doesn't look as bad as his normal shingami attire. I loved his bankai and thought it was the best outfit ever in all of the mangas/animes I've seen but I hope it doesn't look bad :/

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"
Nov 22, 2011 10:48 PM

Aug 2010
dat bankai
Nov 22, 2011 11:00 PM
May 2008
I can't even see that as being that big of a deal.

During the soul society arc he demonstrated that he has absolutely no qualms with fucking up soul society. Outside of a handful he's formed a relationship with they have little reason to put absolute trust in him.

He does not move at the will of soul society, and frequently pals around with people soul society frown upon(Uruhara, quincy, vizared). He fights for his friends and family, they might share common enemies but that's about it.

all vice-captain level already receive limiters when fighting in the real world.

Monitoring him would let them know if he was in danger and if they needed to send in backup.
Nov 22, 2011 11:20 PM

Mar 2009
Ukitake did well giving Ichigo the badge. Imagine him creating more and more special people in his school. Even if Ichigo was limited Tatsuki and the guys were able to see hollows near the end and were able to not evaporate being near Aizen.

The whole Badge idea might even put some light on why did Ichigo loose many fights in real world. Badge suppressed his shinigami side (or hollow too?) and he had to fight the hollow. Grimmjow and Yami beat him (soon after Yami and Ulqiuorra left a team from SS came to help - were they notified by Urahara or found about from the Badge?). Yes he probably didn't have the badge in his spiritual body but it was in near proximity or had long range effect on Ichigo.

In Hueco Mundo he kicked Grimmjow pretty easy in the end and then wiped Ulquiorra.
The only problem I have with the Badge effect is FKT and real town in SS. Maybe Urahara basement limited badge effect (or where Ichigo body was)?

Next questions are. Why did Ukitake monitor substitute shinigami's? Was it his personal task or maybe Yamamoto / C46 had ordered him to do so?
If SS civil war is going to happen then who will side with who? Will Kyoraku betray friendship he shares with Ukitake or will it be the other way?

Are the bodies in Hueco Mundo (the lab ones) connected to Ukitake plot and Aizen?

Kubo don't F... This up! D:
Nov 22, 2011 11:53 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah okay, why not...
Nov 22, 2011 11:54 PM

Sep 2007
So... what? Was Aizen in on it the whole time? Or was he not aware of Ukitake's "plan"? Was it all part of SS's "big picture" to have Ukitake slip him the badge and Aizen purposely turn himself into a villain for the master plan? Was the rest of the divisions in on it too? Were Rukia and the rest completely duped or did they full acknowledge this plan? Why didn't Urahara mention anything or was he a SS plant all along? Keikaku doori for SS the whole time? God I hope not. It'll just seem like another "I made you into what you are" ass pull like with Aizen.
Nov 23, 2011 12:44 AM

Dec 2010
Good Chapter, however i don't think this is the big "twist" people keep talking about, but simply more build up; because while i agree about what I've read that limiters aren't that big of a deal considering all captains and such use them anyway but from what i got out of it is since he said everyone knew; so does that mean people like Rukia or Renji knew? which could create a trust issue because Ginjou said they are leaving him to die which implies that its not just monitoring but manipulating and then disposing which if true and everyone like Rukia and such went along with it would be truly messed up. Some other things that i wonder about is why suddenly Byakuya (from the last chapter) put such importance in Ichigo saying he would cut down all his enemies with no remorse; also why would they all come for him and if i remenber Hitsugaya was trying to tell him something but was cut off which leads me to believe that the true twist is yet to be told. In any case if for nothing else i look forward to the next chapter for Ichigo's bankai, i kind of hope its different but at the same time the old one was good the way it was so if they change it they might ruin it like with that horrible design for the full bring.
Nov 23, 2011 1:06 AM
Nov 2010
OK for what it's worth, this 'revelation' isn't really a revelation at all. Everyone already knows that SS controls ALL its shinigamis when they leave SS, because their high spiritual powers will set the material world into an imbalance. Nothing is surprising so why is every character in there acting as if it's such a huge revelation, including Ishida? Their eyeballs are all O_O O_O O_O!!! !!! Having a monitoring device does not lead to the conclusion that your friends are leaving you to die. What sort of stupid logic is that? Sigh. And Ukitake being the evil person? I'm never buying that.

Ginjou's 'truth' is lame. So it has to be a lie, right? So what is the REAL truth? People spent one week waiting for 'the truth' and then it turns out this chapter isn't 'it'. Kubo, stop wasting time and get to the point! I'm sick of Ginjou, his hair and his ridiculous outfit.
Nov 23, 2011 1:10 AM

Sep 2011
Ukitake was always a shady fellow. Sooner or later he had to emerge, similar as Urahara.

Ginjou's statement about S. Badge is not really that stupefying, there is obviously more to it -- perhaps Urahara is ought to clarify more when he arrives ?

I loved the emphasize on the word LIE in the title.
Have you cuddled yer spoon recently ?

Nov 23, 2011 1:11 AM

Feb 2010
bankai!!!!!!!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.