Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 19, 2019 4:38 PM

Nov 2016
It's ok, I mean Holland had a first love too.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 21, 2020 7:40 AM
Mar 2019
I mean, visually this episode was very impressive. The action cuts were so smooth and full of energy. In terms of plot, what the fuck man... Dewey just hands Norb over to Gekkostate? Lame.
I don't even c are that Dewey is Holland's brother, that literally adds nothing to the story. If this is how the plot is going to play out, I give it a 70% chance Norb is actually Adroc..
Dec 23, 2020 7:10 PM

Jul 2017
This episode was another weird one. Renton and Eureka have actually been carrying this show for a while now, ever since they both decided to ride the Nirvash together with reuniting after Renton left the Gekkostate and decided to return along with Eureka leaving after to find him once she got out of bed from her sickness. I felt like this episode while having some cringey lovey dovey moments at times, did well in further cementing their chemistry together and show how truly important both of them are to each other with Renton giving Eureka the confidence and strength to battle on with him when she's at an emotionally fragile state given her terrible history with war and bloodshed. He's matured a lot during his time at the Gekkostate and its coming to fruition here, he was a man this time around and I loved to see that. Awesome stuff. Plus some good ass animation cuts too as usual from this show as well as music.

But then the rest of the episode... not so much awesome stuff there. The Dewey angle was awful, especially by including the whole Talho former relationship bit. Felt really unnecessary and only adds bullshit for no reason, doesn't even work as a positive for the drama. Holland did like Diane Thurston in the past but that from the past doesn't seem to play as a convenient, annoying handicap unlike this time around. Dewey beyond that was a really boring character too here and adds nothing whatsoever to this anime.
Apr 30, 2021 3:27 PM

Apr 2021
I am disbanding my Holland Hate Club, Holland has made up for his angsty crybaby behavior. The last 5 episodes have really picked up the pace, I am excited to see where they take it :"O The dj set they used to jam the frequencies was a bop too. Agree with the consensus that Dewey is not really adding anything to the story though.
Oct 13, 2021 8:22 PM

Mar 2016
The Gekkostate's entrance to the big theatre! They came in swiftly in style and even the Capitol's so-called 'absolute defence' is nothing but child play to the Gekko.
I love it when it's not just simple action, but these kinds of calculated invasion. Come in to show how powerful and capable Gekkostate is, accomplish their objective and fly out there whilst leaving a little present behind, total blackout!

This was quite surprising, Dewey was Holland's older brother all along, I guess that's why they knew each other despite being having entirely different military ranks, it kind of gave me an irritated feeling knowing now that Talho used to date Dewey before even Holland. Dewey's monologue about how he'll always one up and be better than Holland is vexing, but I have to commend Holland's composure on its one, especially when Dewey mention how Holland failed to find Eureka's partner because Dewey is severely wrong...

Dewey... YOU DUMB FUCKING CRETIN, YOU FUCKING FOOL, ABSOLUTE FUCKING BUFFOON, YOU BUMBLING IDIOT, FUCK YOU.

OH, HOW SATISFYING IT WAS TO SEE THE NIRVASH + GEKKO PULL UP ON HOLLAND'S LOCATION! The look on Dewey's face the moment he saw that Holland actually did found the perfect match for Eureka's partner role, along with Holland saying how Dewey in return cannot best him, followed by reciting Diane's quote afterwards as he smokes his foolish older brother behind. My god, it's euphoric! The disrespect is utterly glorious and the blackout left behind Talho along with the countless negative status report Dewey faces after the incident only made it much better. AHAHAHA!!! Get thoroughly obliterated!

This is the zenith of theatrical performances with its perfectly spectacular strings of events...
Jul 22, 2023 12:00 AM
Jul 2023
I know I'm late to the party, but I have to say to all you whining about Eureka being to emo. I would you feel if you could actually feel your victims death? Do you think you could handle killing then? Do you even know that a part of you does with your victim? No I doubt it, after all most of you are just armchair want-a-be's. I actually like the Kira approach, it was my favorite part of Gundam Seed & Destiny. "Those how don't know shouldn't speak."
Dec 22, 2023 9:31 AM
Jul 2022
Reply to NeoNightraven
I know I'm late to the party, but I have to say to all you whining about Eureka being to emo. I would you feel if you could actually feel your victims death? Do you think you could handle killing then? Do you even know that a part of you does with your victim? No I doubt it, after all most of you are just armchair want-a-be's. I actually like the Kira approach, it was my favorite part of Gundam Seed & Destiny. "Those how don't know shouldn't speak."
@NeoNightraven Nee Types In Gundam feel the same thing on an even more personal level, because they actually can learn and connect with the people in an instant. Yet they still don’t do what Eureka does and she’s not even really Human. I get what you’re tryna say but it’s already way too late for her to start back pedaling now, she’s gotta follow thru, or everyone she killed, and everyone that died would’ve all been for nothing.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

death919 - May 4, 2008

283 by ShadowkillZ »»
Mar 22, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.