Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magic Knight Rayearth 2
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2011 2:04 PM

Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice episode. I really liked the insert song used in this episode (: (edit: oh, I just found out is Fuu's image song or something like that)
Why the hell did Nova have to appear at the end? lol
Mon_DiamondOct 29, 2011 2:09 PM
May 1, 2015 3:08 PM

Feb 2014
Things got really awkward when that little kid looked up Umi's skirt. Guess Mokona isn't 10 years too young though!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2016 5:30 AM

Apr 2011
I really liked the way this episode started out [made me feel even more guilty about season one than ever before though], it's honestly a shame that Eagle is such an unsympathetic character. I get that he's dying, but unlike the other two countries, he actually does know what the pillar means and what it would mean for the people of Cephiro if another country got their hands on the crown. I really don't like him. :/

Meanwhile, Nova is a super obnoxious little weirdo. Seriously, show, this is why I hate clone stories. However if the drama she's gonna bring is done right than I'll let it slide, even if I do hate her w/ the fire of a thousand white hot suns.

[also, Lantis/Hikaru, surprise otp for this show. I was expecting that place to belong to Ferio/Fuu. Oh well. ;)]
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Jul 5, 2017 11:01 PM

Nov 2011
I guess Emeraude's final wish wasn't as hax as I thought it might be. Lantis really shouldn't have told Eagle that though.

The show was playing it up to be Lantis, Eagle, or Hikaru who is changing the shape of the crown. Although I figured it would be Hikaru before... hmm. I do think there's a strong case for Lantis-- less so for Eagle-- but I still can't shake the feeling that it may be Hikaru, though.
Sep 17, 2021 1:37 PM

Aug 2008
Impressive that she can sing without moving her mouth.
Jul 5, 2022 6:20 AM

Jan 2020
Eagle looks so insane without his normal clothes.

How old are these kids trying to look up Umi's skirt? They really do seem a bit young. Though, I suppose there have been other anime I've seen with younger kids flipping skirts and such. Is this really such an epidemic in Japan?

That Fuu singing scene was really weird. Mostly because I didn't realize that's what was happening. I basically thought it was just a random montage. What is happening in this episode?

And we end with a random encounter from Nova. I think this anime is a bit off the rails at the moment. I'm not so sure if it knows what it wants or where it's going. I'm finding it hard to believe this has an overall higher score than the first season.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Sep 25, 2023 5:46 AM
Dec 2017
That kid peeking under Umi's skirt really brought down my appreciation of this episode. Otherwise it was a decent episode, we got development concerning Lantis/Eagle, the crown, Debonaire and the ghost of Emeraude, Nova teasing Hikaru about her crush, all round good stuff. Fuu's singing montage was pretty clumsy tho. But the "violence and sexual assault are peak comedy" really feels out of place here.
Mar 18, 7:26 PM

Oct 2021
I'm sorry Hikaru, but I don't think Lantis has eyes for you, lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth II Episode 23 Discussion

Mon_Diamond - Nov 5, 2011

6 by GarouWolf »»
Apr 12, 7:11 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth II Episode 22 Discussion

Mon_Diamond - Oct 29, 2011

6 by GarouWolf »»
Apr 7, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth II Episode 21 Discussion

5 by GarouWolf »»
Mar 19, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth II Episode 19 Discussion

6 by GarouWolf »»
Mar 17, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth II Episode 18 Discussion

7 by GarouWolf »»
Mar 17, 8:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.