Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Feb 18, 2012 10:03 AM

Mar 2010
Ichiban no Takaramono from Angel beats, holy crap, this song mad me cry like a fucking girl.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2012 10:07 AM

Dec 2011
Ok here are some.... Some I already posted... Most of the songs from Clannad make me cry....

English version....

Japanese version

There are many more.... And all are from different shows.... I'll post them too... I'll just give some time to others to post something :D
Feb 19, 2012 12:19 PM
Oct 2011

Feb 19, 2012 7:04 PM

Apr 2011
This has most definitely already been mentioned, but I'll post it anyway.

Toradora - Lost My Pieces
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y-HJzH2O2I
Feb 19, 2012 7:41 PM

Sep 2011

What really breaks my heart is 0:57 - 1:03, where you see Kotomi sitting in her backyard, looking at the signs for the Drama Club. That scene alone brings out a lot - of the memories that she and everyone else made. Not to mention the look on her face is heartbreaking as well. From the start, Kotomi also shared the interest of Dangos with Nagisa, and just to see her look back on all of this, especially after the events that took place in After Story.. is just the most powerful 8 seconds I've seen in an anime opening. Then of course, when we get to 1:10, seeing everyone, remembering what they've all been through, I just.. I really can't describe everything that I've felt in this opening.

This is one of the reasons why Clannad: After Story is a true masterpiece to me. Nothing ever effects me like that. Maybe I'm being childish by saying that. Maybe it's immature and dumb but that really doesn't bother me anymore. That song and that opening is probably one of the most emotional things I've seen and it even makes me cry at times.
Dont touch me I'm in despair.
Feb 19, 2012 7:53 PM
Feb 2012
Gunslinger Girl - Gansuringā Gāru
Opening theme.
Very touching. ;~;
"Those who do not understand true pain can never understand true peace." - Pein
Feb 19, 2012 8:54 PM

Nov 2011
SilentMelodies said:

What really breaks my heart is 0:57 - 1:03, where you see Kotomi sitting in her backyard, looking at the signs for the Drama Club. That scene alone brings out a lot - of the memories that she and everyone else made. Not to mention the look on her face is heartbreaking as well. From the start, Kotomi also shared the interest of Dangos with Nagisa, and just to see her look back on all of this, especially after the events that took place in After Story.. is just the most powerful 8 seconds I've seen in an anime opening. Then of course, when we get to 1:10, seeing everyone, remembering what they've all been through, I just.. I really can't describe everything that I've felt in this opening.

This is one of the reasons why Clannad: After Story is a true masterpiece to me. Nothing ever effects me like that. Maybe I'm being childish by saying that. Maybe it's immature and dumb but that really doesn't bother me anymore. That song and that opening is probably one of the most emotional things I've seen and it even makes me cry at times.

Well said, I remember not liking the first Clannad OP but eventually warming up to it as the series progressed. Prepared to watch the second OP thinking the same thing would happen, but was immediately won over by the angelic portrayal of Nagisa, the look of maturity and change in the secondary girls' faces, that reminded me how far the characters have gone.
Feb 19, 2012 10:20 PM
Feb 2012
Thep said:
Shiki - SHI-KI

I'd like to second this song, and add this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQfcZGSZstI
Feb 19, 2012 10:57 PM

Feb 2012
Feb 20, 2012 1:05 AM

Feb 2012
Ievan Polka- Hatsune Miku... jk

Natsukage- Air
Brave song- Angel Beats!
dango daikazoku (Instrumental ONLY)- Clannad
Hacking to the Gate- Steins; Gate
The world is mine
Feb 20, 2012 1:12 AM

Dec 2011
SilentMelodies said:

Damn that scene gets me every time and it reminds me how there is no more after After Story.... Why did you remind me.... :)
Feb 20, 2012 1:29 AM

Dec 2007

I think Hiroyuki Sawano is fantastic. Oh and Sadness and Sorrow from Naruto is incredibly beautiful.

There's definitely a lot of great anime soundtracks out there, but I just chose the ones I have listened to the most.
Feb 21, 2012 4:55 AM
Aug 2011
"Brave song" from Angel Beats.
"Dango Daikazoku" from Clannad.
"Ai wa Itsumo" from Detective Conan.
Feb 21, 2012 6:34 AM

Mar 2009
@RamenSoup43 I think that the ost of Haibane Renmei its emotional.
@Runko yeah Hamasaki Ayumi sings like an angel in Dearest (InuYasha)
Feb 21, 2012 10:42 AM

Jun 2010
SilentMelodies said:

You are not alone! *hugs*
Let's cry together ;_;
Feb 21, 2012 12:54 PM

Apr 2011
SilentMelodies said:

Just yet another person here to acknowledge this beautiful piece. Everything from 1:10 on is extremely powerful.

And, later in the series, seeing... (MAJOR SPOILER)
Feb 21, 2012 1:10 PM

Dec 2011
recheebts said:
SilentMelodies said:

Just yet another person here to acknowledge this beautiful piece. Everything from 1:10 on is extremely powerful.

And, later in the series, seeing... (MAJOR SPOILER)

You know even if it's under spoiler tags you shouldn't put it here...

People will click it, because it's in human nature...
Feb 21, 2012 1:17 PM

Nov 2011
http://youtu.be/ObgRk0ruWbQ

Reminds me of all emotional scenes in Air T.T
Feb 21, 2012 2:10 PM

Dec 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anGctxhd_0E

easy.. get teary eyed every time around 1:20 :3
Feb 21, 2012 2:11 PM
May 2010
^ I concur.
Worships Asparagus.
Feb 21, 2012 3:34 PM

Nov 2007
I wouldn't concur with that a song needs additional backstory for it to touch you.

"Defeat" by Taniuchi Hideki (not sure if the song's name's correct)

Feb 21, 2012 7:28 PM

Dec 2010
decay said:
I wouldn't concur with that a song needs additional backstory for it to touch you.

"Defeat" by Taniuchi Hideki (not sure if the song's name's correct)

That song has additional back story lol.. The character itself practically culminates in that song as you come to the realization of what her life was meant for ^_^

What makes it so emotional to me at least is how raw it is.. all it is is her acoustic guitar and her voice screaming out.
Feb 21, 2012 7:50 PM

Nov 2008
Agreed with the clannad / air / kanon stuff. Oh and Elfen Lied :D thats all i can think of atm
Feb 21, 2012 8:00 PM

Dec 2009
愛してる from Natsume Yuujinchou (to family or any one you love)

Family from One Piece; a good song to sing together with your good friends (in karaoke)

夏夕空 from Natsume Yuujinchou

風の詩~WINDY TALES~ from Windy Tales

On Your Mark, animated PV by Studio Ghibli, song by Chage & Aska

魔法の料理~君から君へ (animated MTV from NHK Everybody's Song) and the song by BUMP OF CHICKEN

Hero (animated PV by Mr. Children)
Feb 21, 2012 10:21 PM

Sep 2011
Concur with Clannad AS OP. Angel Beats as well.

Also this:

Feb 22, 2012 3:30 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
For me it's again from Angel Beats but this one. I get this squeeze feeling in my heart T.T

Feb 22, 2012 3:42 AM

Dec 2011
Maffy said:
For me it's again from Angel Beats but this one. I get this squeeze feeling in my heart T.T

I love the pictures in this video :D
Feb 22, 2012 6:35 AM

Nov 2007
@Legendre
I meant a song should stand by it's own, not because it reminds you of a backstory, then it's the story that was emotional, not the song. I was mainly refering to the Clanad song at #272, a generic j-pop song. Your posted song was quite nice.

"Waiting so Long" by Silver Fins

Feb 22, 2012 6:53 AM

Jul 2009
Most emotional? I am for Tsubasa Chronicles - you are my love
Live. Work. Play.
Feb 22, 2012 9:18 AM

Oct 2007
The songs that I recognise from childhood just radiate positive emotions:

Digimon - Butter-Fly (End credit version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xAueTwJFV4

Digimon Adventure 02 - Break Up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FGAkaWetTk

Soul Hunter Opening
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86P5NSGWHkU

Dragon Ball GT Opening
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJcuDgVYjgI

Fullmetal Alchemist Opening 4 - Rewrite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aARXB9l1pzw

Hunter x Hunter Opening - Ohayou
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAOZn2YwiQ

There's just so much nostalgia when I listen to these.
Feb 22, 2012 12:37 PM

Dec 2010
decay said:
@Legendre
I meant a song should stand by it's own, not because it reminds you of a backstory, then it's the story that was emotional, not the song. I was mainly refering to the Clanad song at #272, a generic j-pop song. Your posted song was quite nice.

"Waiting so Long" by Silver Fins

ahhh ok, that makes more sense.. well then you are quite right, you definitely have to watch the anime in that songs case in order to really feel emotional about it

BTW this probably isn't the time or the place, but I am new to the forums.. is using @ more customary than quoting directly? Or does it really not matter.. >.>
Feb 22, 2012 12:41 PM

Sep 2011
This isn't a very known song so give it a try! :D

Feb 23, 2012 4:31 AM

Feb 2012
my personal is elfen lied lilium

nyan-nyan-nyan-nyan Forever!
Feb 23, 2012 4:43 AM

Feb 2012
For me, it would have to be Clannad's "Big Dango Family", and Elfen Lied's "Lilium".

Big Dango Family, to me, is just a song that completely encompasses the themes of Clannad, and brings back every scene from the show to mind from the very first note. That on top of the somehow melancholy but still happy tune of it makes me tear up every time I hear it, and for me, it is easily one of the best and most beautiful songs I have ever heard.
Feb 23, 2012 11:05 AM

Nov 2007
I tear up...every time...

Jun 1, 2012 2:26 AM

Feb 2012
The rebirth song

The suicide song
Jun 1, 2012 5:39 AM

Apr 2011
th3dudee said:
my personal is elfen lied lilium

Always.
Jun 1, 2012 6:27 AM

May 2012
this thread - Clannad/ Angel Beats. I'll add some more probably unmentioned

Code Geass - Continued Story

Cowboy Bebop - Call me and Blue

Yu Yu Hakusho - Struggle of Sadness and sad song (I guess kuwabara it's its name)

Trigun - more or less Rem's song

Arc the Lad second ED, people should listen to it

Blood+ was really strong at this ... I think they got the best soundtrack from any anime (Hans Zimmer's name says something)

Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu - ED and Ketsui no Tatakai

R.O.D the TV - Kenkou Te He, Aoi Toki, etc

Inuyasha has a lot of them, I'll leave just two though
TheWitcherJun 1, 2012 6:31 AM
Sore Wa Himitsu Desu
Jun 1, 2012 12:10 PM

Jan 2012
Angel beats opening

Guilty crown openings for both

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Jun 1, 2012 12:53 PM
May 2010
Recently discovered this gem:
Jun 1, 2012 1:03 PM
Feb 2012
Who the hell is cutting onions in this thread? ;_;
Jun 1, 2012 1:08 PM
Jul 2018
Jun 1, 2012 1:11 PM
Jul 2018
OminousFlare said:
Recently discovered this gem:

Jun 1, 2012 1:11 PM

Mar 2008
The ending theme to 5CPS. It actually made me want to learn the piano just so I could play this song...which I did.

Jun 1, 2012 1:12 PM

Feb 2012
akutasame94 said:
Maffy said:

I love the pictures in this video :D
Agree with this one.

That vid was taken down so here's a new one:

Jun 1, 2012 6:46 PM
Oct 2010
air OP. ghost in the shell sountrack. especially the inner universe insert song they use when motoko is getting her new body in 1st gig. i thougt itwas epic.

elfen lied op. shakugan no shana finals first ending.
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jun 1, 2012 7:06 PM

Mar 2012
filament and Akise's character song from Mirai Nikki if you look at the lyrics
I thought the Fate/Zero OPs and EDs sounded pretty emotional too
and of course Angel Beats! OST
Jun 1, 2012 7:13 PM

Apr 2012
I personally like Guilty Crowns OST Krone & OP My Dearest also Bios is pretty awesome xD
Jun 1, 2012 8:28 PM
Mar 2012
Ichiban no Takaramono - Angel Beats! Ending song
Manten - Fate/Zero ED3
Rain - Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Secret Base - Ano Hana

That's all i have for now.......
Jun 2, 2012 5:45 AM

Jun 2012
God Only Knows - the world god only knows..
just listen the full song, the end part is just emotionally EPIC.. :)
i love you from my heart, i love you forever we do~ ~ ~
nyaa~
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Today

14 by billybub »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - 2 hours ago

9 by Rhaelynne »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

59 by SuperAdventure »»
4 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

54 by L1feHasNoMeaning »»
9 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

87 by Punkero »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.