Forum Settings
Forums
MARS
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 18, 2011 7:24 PM

Apr 2010
Whoa. I can't believe they just broke up like that. To be honest, if I was Kira, I'd leave. I know what it's like living with your mother's asshole boyfriend. That's not something you can really forgive. She must have a really big heart. :/

Dec 2, 2011 7:51 PM

Mar 2009
What the fuck is wrong with her mother? Listen, I understand everyone needs someone to lean on in times of need and the mother's hurting financially, but the guy raped her daughter. He raped her daughter, and he's not even Kira's actual father; if this were her biological father, yeah, it would be a hell of a lot more complicated, sure. Thing is, I don't know how anyone could bear to live in a house full well knowing that the guy they're living with raped their child. I mean, he could do it again. Who knows? A simple "forgive me, I'll never do it again" and providing financially makes up for the emotional torment your own daughter's going through? Personally, it would be better to live on the street. A horrible decision on her mother's part, and what an incredibly tough position for Kira to be in considering her mother is her only family. Not to mention it screwed up her relationship with Rei.

This pisses me off.
Nov 20, 2012 10:06 PM

Jun 2009
Boy, this is tough.... I can kind of see that Kira's mother is in a really tough position here. She's sick, she can't work, and they aren't exactly financially secure, so I suppose she's got nowhere else to turn considering she probably wants to find some way to get Kira into college. Most importantly we haven't seen her side of this all that much, which hopefully the next volume will clear up a bit. Because, as of right now, it feels just like Rei said: She's basically selling her daughter for security.

But, other than that, there was some pretty beautiful stuff here. Particularly the sand castle scene. Taking note of all this, there is absolutely no way the solid relationship our two leads have can come crumbling down because of this. Hopefully Kira will end up moving in with Rei.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 19, 2017 10:02 PM

Aug 2013
This manga is really addicting, like it's honestly becoming more engaging with each volume.
Sep 22, 2022 2:40 PM

Feb 2021
Here is my grain of salt :

Mother thought she would died, manipulative step dad knew she was at her lowest, so he used THIS CHANCE to comw back, thats what cluster personality type b individuals so, THEY NEVER GIVE if they can not ge something back.
Mother thinks under so much pressure this is the best, but deep down she knows she is selling her kid.

Kira, well kira hasnt even digest what happen, and lets be real, many families deal with this, and they always tell the kid to brush it all, that is not "what he really is" they want to cover that up.... cuz if she really want justice she wouldmake a police report, she never did, in japan is known that they blame the victim, and is even worse that western countries, that woman "value" is question, is like if society love to make vene harder the survivors life.

But the worse part is REI, yes, she is not thinking straight, but she DEAL WITH ALL YOUR SH1t that was mostlyyou being horribke human being, and then suddenly is too much, woman are walking therapy for men, but when is time for men to do some emotional labor, is too much ...
Boy this almost look like ptds survivors and low self steem girls choosing bad parnetrs cuz they are self sabotaging and they think they dont deserve better.

Rant over

More topics from this board

» Volume 13

KitaTsuki - Oct 18, 2011

2 by Noir_Alchemist »»
Sep 22, 2022 5:10 PM

» Volume 9

KitaTsuki - Oct 18, 2011

3 by Noir_Alchemist »»
Sep 22, 2022 3:19 PM

Poll: » Mars Chapter 8 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Nov 15, 2012

1 by OnigirisBasket »»
May 19, 2022 1:35 AM

» Anime adaption- Classic or disaster?

lbunny7 - Jan 14, 2022

5 by Adampk »»
Mar 21, 2022 10:56 AM

» Volume 6

KitaTsuki - Oct 18, 2011

2 by azenobio »»
Mar 21, 2022 7:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.