Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (95) « First ... « 80 81 [82] 83 84 » ... Last »
Oct 15, 2012 6:56 AM

May 2011
First "real" profile design! Theme is Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin - Friendship.

I hope you like it. :*
Oct 15, 2012 7:43 PM

Jun 2011
Kuraudo_ said:
First "real" profile design! Theme is Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin - Friendship.

It looks nice for a first theme, I like it :) I've always wanted to watch Rainbow, though I've never gotten around to it. By the way, the background looks a little low quality. Was that intentional?

Anyway, I've also made my first profile design and would like to share it (Touhou/Wriggle Nightbug version). It's the first time I've made something this big on PS, so it was rather challenging for me to cope with large dimensions. @_@
Oct 17, 2012 2:11 PM

Oct 2007
@Kuraudo_: It's usually best to use high res versions for the images you use especially like the ones for your background but not a bad effort for your first profile design.

@Nigglez: I have to say it's very text overload and the font you've used isn't the most easy on the eyes. Try to keep info short but still interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2012 5:15 PM

Jun 2011
Thanks a lot for the feedback FiiFO. I'll make it short and straight to the point next time, I did get carried away. I'm going to pay more attention to the typography the next time I work on a profile design.
Oct 17, 2012 5:48 PM
Feb 2012
Kuraudo_ said:

As Nigglez and FiiFO said...pictures and background look pretty LQ...so unless it was intentional you should up try use higher resolution images.

Text on the images on the left are not very readable.
And the text on the bottom right is to squashed together...I think would be good to push box up...there's enough free space and that way your text won't be bunched up there.

But I do like what your tried doing there :)

Nigglez said:
Anyway, I've also made my first profile design and would like to share it (Touhou/Wriggle Nightbug version). It's the first time I've made something this big on PS, so it was rather challenging for me to cope with large dimensions. @_@

Exactly what FiiFo pointed out~
Though some of the other images don't mesh well with the rest of layout to me...might be just because of the difference color.
Oct 19, 2012 1:39 PM
Jul 2018
So, i got my stuff together and made a new profile design.
My Anime List next c;!
Oct 19, 2012 2:26 PM

May 2011
Nigglez said:
It looks nice for a first theme, I like it :) I've always wanted to watch Rainbow, though I've never gotten around to it. By the way, the background looks a little low quality. Was that intentional?

Yes, it was. Thanks!

Looks nice. :)

FiiFO said:
@Kuraudo_: It's usually best to use high res versions for the images you use especially like the ones for your background but not a bad effort for your first profile design.

I know that. They were in high res. but I made them to look like that.

lolwutfool said:

As Nigglez and FiiFO said...pictures and background look pretty LQ...so unless it was intentional you should up try use higher resolution images.

It was intentional.

But I do like what your tried doing there :)

Thanks! :)
Oct 20, 2012 3:47 PM
Oct 2011
First time i post here. Its my second profile design. I hope its not that terrible.
Oct 20, 2012 4:09 PM
Feb 2012
Alcapwn said:
My Anime List next c;!

Mhmm...I think you need to increase the width slightly. It looks a little squashed in. I also think having banners breaks the flow of the layout to me. It would have been better to try incorporate what's underneath them into your layout instead of listing them under spoiler tags.

Kuraudo_ said:
It was intentional.)

Ah okay then! xD

DarkLover said:
First time i post here. Its my second profile design. I hope its not that terrible.

I really can't find no faults with it....love it, one of the best I've seen :)
Oct 20, 2012 5:40 PM
Jul 2018
lolwutfool said:
Alcapwn said:
My Anime List next c;!

Mhmm...I think you need to increase the width slightly. It looks a little squashed in. I also think having banners breaks the flow of the layout to me. It would have been better to try incorporate what's underneath them into your layout instead of listing them under spoiler tags.

I have been experimenting with the width, but haven't found the right size?
Any help would be appreciated.
+ i'm not sure what you mean by the Incorporate the spoilers and layout?
Please send me a private message, would help ALOT :)
Oct 21, 2012 3:44 AM
Oct 2011
Thank u lolwutfool but it seems that here everything is unfair. Even my effort the people with many
friends win... Yup, im not so popular like others...
Oct 21, 2012 6:31 AM
Jul 2008
Its not a popularity contest if you're referring to MAL profile design contest.
Your profile didnt get enough votes because it doesnt satisfy certain aesthetics all top 10 have.

For example I really dont dig your design. Why?

- its a GIF graveyard
- no harmony in color
- no flow
- hard to know where to look at first
- multiple different styles just thrown in and mixed together
- that horrible, horrible different styles of text
- random umbrellas, kittens, stamps....just horrid
- LQ because of all that GIF

No harmony what so ever. It looks like a teenage girl Myspace page moved to MAL.

You dont have to agree with me, but that profile is just bad design in my view, and probably in eyes of people who judge who will make top 10.
If you are still not sure what Im saying look at those top 10 and all of them have harmonious colors, general theme behind them and are trying to sell a story.
Oct 21, 2012 6:59 AM
Oct 2011
Nah i see your point... So my profile is a trash, right? The world is full of liars and i wont be part of that.
i dont need to see nothing. I worked hard for nothing... Thanks a lot.....
Oct 21, 2012 7:16 AM
Jul 2008
Oh cut the pathetics please.

I said its bad design, not trash.
Design has its rules you know, good design follows them, or puts a different spin on them, but with them in mind.
Bad design just ignores rules and slams everything together.

Second fact you need to learn fast in life. If you put things in public, whether internet or real life, you have to accept to be judged. Its part of the game.
Liars? Are you 10 yo? Somebody gives you direct critique and lists all the elements that need work on, you call them a liar? Real mature.
There is a lot of malicious and biased critique out there but this wasn't one. It was just one you didn't like. Well, there will be those when you make something flawed and put it online in public.

As for need not to see anything. Your choice. I learn as much from my work and from other people work. Both where I do wrong and what I do good.
Oct 21, 2012 7:31 AM
eyebrows nerd ★

Jun 2009
Sorry, but don't put me in the same category as you. I've been making trash and good profiles for past 3 years and when somebody says it's a trash then it's a trash. I accept that and move forward to make something better, so that somebody would say WOW! YOU SURPASSED YOURSELF! CONGRATULATIONS!
LunaOct 21, 2012 8:43 AM
Oct 21, 2012 7:58 AM
Jul 2018
vanRenN said:
I've been making trash and good profiles for past 3 years and when somebody says it's a trash then it's a trash. I accept that and move forward to make something better, so that somebody would say WOW! YOU SURPASSED YOURSELF! CONGRATULATIONS!

This, this goes for me aswell, This is the creative part, everything here is meant to be judged.
I ask for feedback, i get feedback, i need it to improve my self.
Oh i used many hours? well, since this is a hobby of mine, it wouldn't hurt spend some more hours on doing something i like.

Yes, you overreacted Darklover.
Would you react like this on a workplace? because things you make their will be judged.
If it's bad, deal with it and make something new.

Inb4 DERP HERP YOUR PROFILE DESIGN IS BAD.
Well, instead of that, give me feedback so i can improve till next time.
Oct 21, 2012 8:15 AM

Aug 2010
What the hell? When did the creative corner, a place where people were sharing ideas and constructive criticism, fun things and bad plot lines all together, my MAL refuge, got to the same level of the general discussions?

Seriously, chill.

Nature_boy and DarkLover, stop being so childish, jesus. Do you guys not know what constructive criticism is? I didn't see your profile DarkLover, but I trust Meri for what she said simply because Meri has been designing around these forums long before you even came to MAL.

Meri, don't agitate things more. Show a bit of restrain, not continue pointless discussions. If you see bashing and so, report it, not threaten them to do so.

Now, back to DarkLover, learn to act your age and take criticism. It is hard, but as Meri said, if you post something around the Internet you should also be prepared for the criticism it might come with your actions. Everybody is responsible for their actions, that's all. Strive to do better next time based on the things which were told to you.
koleareOct 21, 2012 8:21 AM
Oct 21, 2012 8:49 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Removed offensive posts.

@DarkLover: Please accept criticism. If someone is telling you what they don't like then take this and learn from it. Don't see it as a personal attack if you don't win in a competition. Making good graphics isn't something you can learn overnight and a lot of people take several months or years.

@The others: Please make your criticism constructive and keep discussions civil.
Oct 23, 2012 12:42 PM

Sep 2012
What do you think? :)

Oct 23, 2012 12:50 PM

Sep 2012
Looks pretty good, it's nice and colorful. How do you make it look like that?
Oct 23, 2012 1:16 PM

Dec 2011
@Kigaru - That looks nice, I like the colors. I think you should add some sort of headline on the top, like "welcome to my profile" or something. Would fit between the two faces if you moved them a little. Just an idea.
Oct 23, 2012 2:33 PM

Sep 2012
Sebulon said:
@Kigaru - That looks nice, I like the colors. I think you should add some sort of headline on the top, like "welcome to my profile" or something. Would fit between the two faces if you moved them a little. Just an idea.

Yeah, i was thinking that too :) Thanks btw :)
Oct 23, 2012 2:34 PM

May 2011
I updated mine a couple of days ago.
Oct 23, 2012 2:35 PM

Sep 2012
Kirito-Dragneel said:
Looks pretty good, it's nice and colorful. How do you make it look like that?

Uhm.. I just pick out the pictures i see fit with others :) Just being creative :) I also use gradient overlays with soft light as a layer style. That will make the colors blend better :)
Oct 25, 2012 12:32 PM

Jun 2010
Updated my profile :3

I guess after a year w/o designing this is bound to happen xD.
Oct 25, 2012 7:18 PM
Jul 2008
punkvolume, very nice to look at. love the limited color palette. Also sexy bunnies are always nice @w@
Oct 28, 2012 8:42 AM

Oct 2007
Now you know who is going to take the Cup this time, right, Meri?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 28, 2012 8:12 PM
Jul 2008
Siva said:
Now you know who is going to take the Cup this time, right, Meri?
cup?

if you mean the MAL profile contest, no I dont.
That's the beauty of it. Nobody does :)
Nov 1, 2012 1:00 AM

Aug 2009
I don't even know why im here e.e
but i've updated my profile after 200 yrs XD
invisible signature \m/
Nov 1, 2012 9:20 AM

Jun 2010
^
looks good, simple and clean, too clean imo though. :3
Nov 2, 2012 6:17 PM

Jun 2011
Way toooo good, punkvolume! The prize is yours to take HOHOHO Hands down ( *o*)/b

@izachin AKI ~~ I never thought I would see you here! I like your profile, nice and clean. That Gintoki cosplay ♥

P.S. Finally uploaded my long lost profile. Too lazy to edit it now OTL
Nov 2, 2012 7:27 PM

Aug 2009
Citrine said:
Way toooo good, punkvolume! The prize is yours to take HOHOHO Hands down ( *o*)/b

@izachin AKI ~~ I never thought I would see you here! I like your profile, nice and clean. That Gintoki cosplay ♥

P.S. Finally uploaded my long lost profile. Too lazy to edit it now OTL
punkvolume1 said:
^
looks good, simple and clean, too clean imo though. :3

T...Thanks both of you! T^T omg you two are so guhreaat. <3 thanks.
invisible signature \m/
Nov 6, 2012 5:42 PM
Jul 2008
Updated. Soon with forum set as well.
There are minor mistakes to fix, but Im tired of slicing and gifs.
Nov 6, 2012 6:56 PM

Oct 2007
Damn it, orange-pink, my eyes >__<

Nov 6, 2012 11:09 PM
Jul 2008
Siva said:
Damn it, orange-pink, my eyes >__<
lol

Cant say I see much of orange x3
purple and pink tones sure.

Is it really that bright? 0_0
Nov 7, 2012 6:02 AM

Oct 2007
Not really that bright. Well it is somewhere between orange and purple.

Really good design and very less manly which is good, I think :D

Nov 7, 2012 6:50 AM

Oct 2007
@ Meri: Really like the design concept and love the colours *__*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2012 7:22 AM
Aug 2009
Great designs Punkvolume and Meri
Nov 7, 2012 9:08 AM
Jul 2008
Thanks for the compliments.

I like your profile too FiiFO. Its very cute!
Nov 9, 2012 12:37 PM

Oct 2007
Meri said:

I like your profile too FiiFO. Its very cute!

Thanks X3
Nov 14, 2012 11:01 AM
Dec 2011
Mine is a simple BRS one using the original list design.
Nov 22, 2012 11:58 AM

Apr 2012
Updated again, but might change it a bit here and there in the upcoming days.

Any feedback is appreciated, as always =)
Nov 22, 2012 2:04 PM

Jun 2010
Attena said:
Updated again, but might change it a bit here and there in the upcoming days.

Any feedback is appreciated, as always =)

hmmm, If you change your font choices then I think it would look nice.
Dec 19, 2012 3:34 PM

Feb 2012
Updated mine, or rather; created mine.

It's pretty simple at the moment, though that's what I was going for. I may make it more intricate in the future, but I think minimalism and type design fits the Air theme nicely :)

What do you guys think?
Dec 22, 2012 8:36 PM

Jun 2009
Updated mine.
Comments loved.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Dec 27, 2012 3:44 PM

Dec 2012
@Meri
Yours really captures the character well, I really like it, good job.

@Sebulon
I love everything about yours except for the glowing orange text. The glow makes it harder to read. Otherwise great stuff.

@FiiFO
Very nice, really clean look, it flows really well.
Dec 31, 2012 11:37 PM

Sep 2009
I figured I'd start the new year with a profile layout.

I also tried to incorporate textures this time, though I'm not sure that it all flows together. orz
Comments and feedback are loved. ovo <3
Jan 1, 2013 10:58 PM
Nov 2012
This is my first ever profile. Can I have some feedback please?
Oi, Haru desu.
Jan 2, 2013 9:40 PM
Nov 2012
I just made a new one. I think it's a lot better than my old one. (I know the GIF bugs. It's because I had to split it into two, but I'll try to fix it tomorrow!)
Oi, Haru desu.
Jan 2, 2013 9:56 PM

Mar 2009
Yoshida_Haru said:
I just made a new one. I think it's a lot better than my old one. (I know the GIF bugs. It's because I had to split it into two, but I'll try to fix it tomorrow!)

Not bad for one of your first few tries :D

Up to you to change or not if you disagree, but here goes:

Not sure if you meant to overlap the text in the header, but it looks slightly awkward as it is.

The text on the left side is a little hard to read. Maybe it's too small? And serif fonts when small tend to be harder to read, too. >.<

"Version 3.0" and "Layout made by Yoshida_Haru" text is blurry, so hard to read. ^^" May need to change the font size, anti-aliasing, or choice for it to become clear again.

GIF is pretty distracting since it's so quick and sudden, while the rest of the profile looks pretty calm and peaceful.

Hope to see your improvements! :D
Pages (95) « First ... « 80 81 [82] 83 84 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

7 by Vapor_AU »»
Yesterday, 5:56 PM

» The Poetry thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheConquerer - Sep 17, 2015

220 by 707supremacist »»
Yesterday, 5:42 PM

» What software(s) and hardware(s) do you use for digital drawings?

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

18 by 707supremacist »»
Yesterday, 5:29 PM

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

363 by nin-tendo »»
Yesterday, 12:25 PM

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
Apr 25, 6:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.