Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 13, 2011 3:12 PM

Jun 2011
Well, damn. That sucks.

I do hope everything straightens out in the end.
Oct 13, 2011 3:17 PM

Nov 2010
... What?!
Oct 13, 2011 3:17 PM

Aug 2009
I wouldn't be surprised if it got canceled. Everyone's dropping out because of the shitty job they're doing. The animation director apparently pushed them really hard. I'm still gonna watch it, just to watch it crash and burn.
Oct 13, 2011 3:28 PM

Jun 2009
I played the game and the Anime has been good so far
Oct 13, 2011 3:58 PM

Sep 2007
Aw man I hope this anime is amazing. I'm playing the game now and I think I love it more than anything. I still don't understand how someone can not play this game/Persona 3, for I now regard my Pre-Persona life as the Dark Days. True story.

The idea of watching the anime before playing the game seems... odd to me. I mean what if the anime sucks? You just potentially ruined a great game for yourself. That's why I'm hoping it somehow becomes as good as the game, in its own way of course. I'd hate for people to be all, "God I hate Persona 4" and refuse to play because of it.
Oct 13, 2011 3:59 PM
Jun 2010
hope it doesn't end! watching the anime made me start playing the game and then finding out the game is somewhat related to the GBA game demikids which i used to play alot as a kid!!!!
Oct 13, 2011 4:18 PM

Apr 2010
Winter said:
The idea of watching the anime before playing the game seems... odd to me. I mean what if the anime sucks? You just potentially ruined a great game for yourself. That's why I'm hoping it somehow becomes as good as the game, in its own way of course. I'd hate for people to be all, "God I hate Persona 4" and refuse to play because of it.

This could be said of watching an anime based on any manga, light novel, visual novel or game you haven't experienced first.

Oct 13, 2011 4:35 PM

Jul 2009
Loved the game, hate the show.
Burn me at the stake.
Oct 13, 2011 4:46 PM

Oct 2011
I can't believe some of you guys are more worried about the show "not being quality" and getting canceled than the animators not getting paid. Unfortunately, the economical problem in Japan has gotten worse, but the studio needs to get it together. This isn't the first time AIC treated their workers unfairly.
Oct 13, 2011 5:26 PM

Jul 2011
lol , at people who already bashing this only after 1 episode , seriously this is only EPISODE 1 .
Anyway most anime always cut some part of the story from what it's based on , and it's not like anything important was cut from the game , unless you think "critical hit in the nut" is important
Oct 13, 2011 7:08 PM

Apr 2010
so i dont get it... its getting leaked before realeses right? so are the staff people doing it in revenge for not being payed? O.o

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Oct 13, 2011 7:44 PM

Jan 2011
Fai said:
Good.
Now someone competent can go and adapt Persona 3. You know, the stuff that was awesome and actually is waiting to be adapted into anime.

This.²
Oct 13, 2011 7:53 PM

Jun 2009
For all who just whining about this series.
the maker not care about you have played the game or not. Persona franchise have their own big market.

KayChan4U said:
Um..people are bitching about the first episode quality? Are you fucking joking? Must be ignorant people who haven't played the game.

^^this
people who haven't played the game and bitching about this series just jealous, because they miss the great RPG ever made! XDDD
Oct 13, 2011 8:45 PM

May 2011
That's weird because I searched this episode in VOSTFR (The way to say French Subtitles in French) and I couldn't find so that is something bizarre.
lkevsanAug 18, 2012 5:01 PM
Oct 13, 2011 8:57 PM
May 2009
idk what to say.

its only episode 1... But I feel like I am playing the game all over again..
Oct 13, 2011 9:11 PM

May 2011
That sucks. From what I've heard, Persona 4 was showing promise, albeit opinions on quality.

But if the studio's having issues, then that's too bad. I'd be pretty pissed if I had to work somewhere where I don't get paid on time, and everything's disorganized. Maybe if they can shape up, though, it won't affect Persona 4 too greatly.
Oct 13, 2011 9:28 PM

Jan 2011
"Leaked prematurely"
Lol
Y so serious? Everyone in this thread watches the anime free anyway.
[center]
Oct 13, 2011 9:29 PM

May 2010
I don't care, make real anime then it'll be a problem
Oct 13, 2011 9:47 PM

Mar 2008
Being animator is suffering.
Oct 13, 2011 11:02 PM
Aug 2008
Are you guys kidding me? How can you possibly call this a bad adaption after two eps now? I don't blame them for making the first ep quickly paced, there was a LOT of stuff in the opening of the game that was frankly, a little tedious. Id prefer that they get that out of the way so we can get to the meat of the story. And I don't understand where this talk of bad animation is coming from. Are we watching the same show here?

Seriously, you people just need to stop comparing this show and just enjoy it.

As for the animators...Im not too worried, I think especially now that this is all public, it will be resolved.
Oct 13, 2011 11:07 PM

Aug 2009
fuck you all!
Oct 13, 2011 11:23 PM
Mar 2010
Working in the anime industry sure is a nightmare.
Oct 13, 2011 11:52 PM
Jan 2011
True to that. (above poster)
It's not easy animating, you know. How many freaking frames would you need to draw? A lot! Plus their pay is not already high, did the studio HAVE to make it worse by not paying them? I'm quite worried.
Yes I do agree P3 should be adapted, but you know why it isn't. Oh well.
If this get canceled then I guess I'll move on to another anime. This is really a shame though...
Random. Yeah. Wait you expected me to HAVE a signature or something?
Oct 14, 2011 12:13 AM

Mar 2010
Damn, I really hope this doesn't get cancelled!!;;

Oct 14, 2011 12:32 AM

Oct 2011
I love how all the people criticizing the anime think their opinions matter.

Don't they understand that people will focus on the majority of the comments? The majority of the comments say that it is a good anime so far, and they don't want it canceled.

Besides that point, there has only been 2 episodes. =-= They haven't even gotten to the most important things and they are judging it.
Oct 14, 2011 12:37 AM
Oct 2011
I think this anime is amazing so far and we haven't even gotten to the good parts of the story yet!
Oct 14, 2011 1:19 AM

Nov 2008
The show's not going to get cancelled merely over a few individuals relieving their grievances online.
Oct 14, 2011 2:36 AM

Feb 2008
Here's my answer:
The animation is an okay. Not too good not too bad, and bcoz of it some highquality fags are bitching about it. I have a solution for them: drop the show go watch another anime. And also, come on, judging an anime based on 1-2 episode? That's riddiculus.

As for the "played the game/not played the game" thing:
Sure, I agree with some of the ppl here who say it is a TV show so it made purposely for the sake of getting more fanbase, so they try to get new fans.
I played the game and I really liked it. I personally don't have any problem with the animation. They obviously cut some unneceseraly scenes to make it fit for the 25 eps. The game has a bit complex and long story, it wouldn't fit in 25 eps if they don't cut the unimportant things.

As for the animators I hope their problem will solved at AIC.

P.S.:
These are my personal opinions. Other's opinion may differ from mine, I respect those, bcoz every ppl has their own opinion, but there's a small group who's opinion make no sense and based on shit.

Relunx
Oct 14, 2011 2:49 AM

Mar 2011
wow, that's pretty bad information

Oct 14, 2011 3:06 AM
Jan 2011
Relunx said:
Here's my answer:
The animation is an okay. Not too good not too bad, and bcoz of it some highquality fags are bitching about it. I have a solution for them: drop the show go watch another anime. And also, come on, judging an anime based on 1-2 episode? That's riddiculus.

That's to be expected. The game was very good and they want the best for the game. However, they cannot expect to get the same satisfaction from the anime. There are many reasons:

1.The game is already better, to them. They expect the anime to give them the same amount of satisfaction.
2.The anime came out later, so they prefer the game more. If the anime will not satisfy them, they will not like it.
3.They want the best of the best. It's already good enough the anime bothered to follow the game faithfully, but they seem nitpicky that not everything has been covered correctly and stuff.
4.They have too high expectations for the anime. They set it too high already because that's how they rate the game's standard.

Fans are like this. They just want more or just set it too high. Personally they forgot to know that the experience of a game just cannot be re-experienced in watching animation.
Random. Yeah. Wait you expected me to HAVE a signature or something?
Oct 14, 2011 3:29 AM

Jul 2007
Hajimeru_Rinko said:

That's to be expected. The game was very good and they want the best for the game. However, they cannot expect to get the same satisfaction from the anime. There are many reasons:
1.The game is already better, to them. They expect the anime to give them the same amount of satisfaction.
2.The anime came out later, so they prefer the game more. If the anime will not satisfy them, they will not like it.
3.They want the best of the best. It's already good enough the anime bothered to follow the game faithfully, but they seem nitpicky that not everything has been covered correctly and stuff.
4.They have too high expectations for the anime. They set it too high already because that's how they rate the game's standard.
Fans are like this. They just want more or just set it too high. Personally they forgot to know that the experience of a game just cannot be re-experienced in watching animation.

Bullcrap.

ufotable with their nasuverse adaptations, recent adaptation of steins;gate and whoever is adapting hellsing manga into ovas have proved again and again multiple times that adaptation CAN be just as good as original and CAN be loved by the fanbase of those who enjoyed the original and love the original work.

All those "reasons" you wrote - just a cheap excuses.

They took upon themselves to make P4 anime. They screwed up horribly. (and for some reason anime market completely ignored P3 which was more awesome). And since they screwed up horribly, they ill pay the price and the price is loosing their customers.
Oct 14, 2011 3:47 AM

Nov 2007
That's bad.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 14, 2011 6:36 AM

Mar 2009
I really hope the animators will be paid for their work. Surely there must be some kind of legal recourse they can take. One poster mentioned the series won't be cancelled over a pay dispute. I'm finding myself agreeing with this logic to a point-- if enough animators walk out the entire project could be in jeopardy. Or if enough of them perhaps sue AIC for their pay that could also put the project on some kind of hiatus. Of course it's all speculation, the only way to see how this unfolds is to well, wait and see.

As for the first two episodes they were enjoyable to me. I thought the animation of the first episode was lackluster in a lot of places but episode 2 was a major improvement. Unless they weren't trying on the pilot episode P4: The Animation could be one of those series with an animation budget that wildly fluctuates. As a big fan of Persona 4 I'm pretty satisfied with the adaptation. Sure there are small changes here and there but they're necessary with the change in medium. As long as the pacing, plot and characters remain faithful to the game I'll be satisfied as a fan. I don't expect every little detail to make the transition as one would be crazy to expect *everything* in a turn-based RPG to be adapted to the small screen.

Since Persona 4 played out like an anime to begin with (minus the actual gameplay sections) I'm sure AIC won't screw that part up, unless the writers take some creative liberties. I disagree with the notion that you need to be fan of the game to wring any enjoyment out of this series. Sure, the show was crafted with a nod to fans in the commercial eye catches and day to day transition scenes (among other things) but anime fans can get into the plot and characters as well. Persona 4 is a small town murder mystery at its core.

If you need some professional opinions on the series try ANN's Fall 2011 Preview Guide. Those covering Persona 4 have not played the game and aren't having issues with that aspect of the series. Anyway I'm off to write my own first impression for my own blog.
Oct 14, 2011 7:29 AM

Mar 2009
jmal said:

Sorry, you lost me right here.
I like the show myself but I'd never hold the opinion at anyone at ANN as worth anything more than anyone else's.

I meant professional in the sense that they get paid for their work and write about anime for a living. Agreeing with their opinions is an entirely different issue-- as with any media outlet. The worth of one person's opinion over another's paid or not is also another issue. Anyway, I just used the link as an example of people who can follow the show without needing to be fans of the video game first.

Gah, for some reason the BBC code didn't like my use of the quote tags.
silver_huskeyOct 14, 2011 7:36 AM
Oct 14, 2011 9:38 AM

May 2007
jmal said:
silver_huskey said:professional opinions
ANN

Sorry, you lost me right here.
I like the show myself but I'd never hold the opinion at anyone at ANN as worth anything more than anyone else's.

No, I believe Anime News Network staff's opinions should be taken differently than everybody else's since you cannot really put a site in which the articles and reviews have such a bitter, negative and cynical approach to anime in the same category as one who has a team of writers who actually like anime and the culture therein.
If you want a site who disgustedly mock the trends in anime, Akiba-kei culture, and anime fans the Anime News Network is definitively a must-see. On the other hand, if you actually like anime, ANN's existence may look like a cancer killing the anime fandom and a prime example of what is so wrong with so much of anime community.
Oct 14, 2011 11:23 AM

Mar 2009
jmal said:
That's why I objected to using them as an example in a way that, I thought, was implying they possessed some extra degree of credibility or authority (they absolutely do not).

I certainly don't disagree with you Jmal (thanks for the tip, by the way!) and NeoFireHawk, though I find the cynical views of some of their writers not too far off from my own views-- sans the bitterness. Certainly hope I won't be that bitter once I reach 30 in two years but time will tell. XD Though still I think ANN opinions can be annoyingly contentious at times. Anyway, great discussion points, I really enjoyed them.

That said, the Preview Guide was just an example of people not needing to play Persona 4 to understand the show, as the authors clearly state they've not played the game before. It was just a way to counter those who insist P4 The Animation is only meant for those who've played SMT:P4.

To sum it up and to put the topic back on track: Persona 4: The Animation is a decent show that follows the game well enough. Yet, you don't need to have played the game in order to enjoy the story. (If you need an example of an anime that ONLY appeals to fans try something like Advent Children. Good luck getting though that without having played Final Fantasy VII first.)
Oct 14, 2011 11:24 AM

Oct 2009
oh shit!
Oct 14, 2011 3:26 PM

Aug 2007
silver_huskey said:
jmal said:
To sum it up and to put the topic back on track: Persona 4: The Animation is a decent show that follows the game well enough. Yet, you don't need to have played the game in order to enjoy the story. (If you need an example of an anime that ONLY appeals to fans try something like Advent Children. Good luck getting though that without having played Final Fantasy VII first.)

This. I have played P4 few hours, but stopped due the lack of time. The anime is easy to follow, unlike Persona: Trinity Soul, and that wasn't even based on any game. And yeah, FF AC is pretty much "play the game first" movie, you'll miss lots of things if you don't know the story or characters before watching.
Oct 14, 2011 5:41 PM

Aug 2009
What the hell!? I'm off the anime hook and despite that, I waited months just to watch one of my favourite games turn into a faithful anime adaptation and then THEY DO THIS. Bastards.
Oct 14, 2011 7:57 PM
Oct 2011
I find some of these reviews quiet funny, about how much the episode sucked, or how crappy the art style is. Well afew things I have to say is 1.Shigenori Soejima, the original artist of the Persona games is the artist of the anime, so the art style is the EXACT same as the game. 2.I don't see how people feel it doesn't follow the story, when the script is nearly, if not the exact same. Most anime based around games follow the game to a T, and I seriously doubt that Atlus would let some random anime company go haywire and do as they wish with their game.

Other wise, the only thing I have to say was Episode 2 was awesome, the fight scene was very fluid and it was quiet funny. Chie's character and the way she was drawn seems to have approved though.
Oct 14, 2011 9:11 PM

Jan 2011
Shadowlugai00111 said:I find some of these reviews quiet funny, about how much the episode sucked, or how crappy the art style is. Well afew things I have to say is 1.Shigenori Soejima, the original artist of the Persona games is the artist of the anime, so the art style is the EXACT same as the game. 2.I don't see how people feel it doesn't follow the story, when the script is nearly, if not the exact same. Most anime based around games follow the game to a T, and I seriously doubt that Atlus would let some random anime company go haywire and do as they wish with their game.
Other wise, the only thing I have to say was Episode 2 was awesome, the fight scene was very fluid and it was quiet funny. Chie's character and the way she was drawn seems to have approved though.
[center]
Oct 14, 2011 10:41 PM
Oct 2011
k0k0 said:
What the hell!? I'm off the anime hook and despite that, I waited months just to watch one of my favourite games turn into a faithful anime adaptation and then THEY DO THIS. Bastards.

so what your idea of faithful? you mean it have to have 5 episode to cover all thing happen in the FOUR HOUR LONG beginning of the game without any fighting? sorry, THAT NOT EVEN WORK WELL WITH THE GAME (my friend almost dropped it because of that long beginning), NOT TO MENTION AN ANIME DUMBASS!! this clearly the most faithful anime ever and will ever created

and you know what is the reason behind all those hate comment: because it not SCENE to SCENE like the game, because THEY COMPARE IT TO GAME!!!

don't tell me you hater not intelligent enough to know about the different between an interactive medium (game) with a passive medium (anime), they have to change they way of storytelling because of that, if a anime do extractly like the game, it will become one of the most boring anime created and will only for game fan but not other people, and i even doubt that fan of the game will like that because they not controlling the character.

now i ask you hater, how many of you that claim that the anime not faithful can watch the walkthrough instead of playing the game without getting bored and quit? i bet no one, not to mention a person who never played the game

and those say that this this anime is for those played the game should slap Themselves a hard one becauyse they, who played the game dislike it, but most people from animesuki, the watch page and even some in this site that never played the game said they liked it.

so this anime for THOSE NOT PLAYED THE GAME AND THOSE NOT COMPARE IT TO THE GAME. and NOT for THOSE COMPARE IT TO THE GAME, THOSE SHOULD SHUT UP ABOUT THEIR BASED-ON-SHIT OPINION.

i'm have played persona from 1->4 and i can say that i liked ep1 and loved ep2
Oct 14, 2011 11:15 PM

Jul 2009
played the game, liked what the first 2 ep presents so far.

Yes the pacing is a bit quick in ep1, but understandable since they had to end on that note otherwise it won't hook anyone into continue watching the series.
Yes the animation is wonky sometimes, which is a concern, but does that mean it's a horrible adaptation? no. Not to mention they improved in ep2.
I also think it's great that in ep2 Yuu is starting to have some personality of his own instead of being a silent protagonist.

Overall comparing ep1 and 2 shows that there are improvements and will likely to be great if the trend continues

I also see a lot of p4 hate from some p3 fanboys here, could we please stop this idiocy?
Oct 15, 2011 12:36 AM

Aug 2009
PointmanW said:
so what your idea of faithful? you mean it have to have 5 episode to cover all thing happen in the FOUR HOUR LONG beginning of the game without any fighting? sorry, THAT NOT EVEN WORK WELL WITH THE GAME (my friend almost dropped it because of that long beginning), NOT TO MENTION AN ANIME DUMBASS!! this clearly the most faithful anime ever and will ever created
and you know what is the reason behind all those hate comment: because it not SCENE to SCENE like the game, because THEY COMPARE IT TO GAME!!!
don't tell me you hater not intelligent enough to know about the different between an interactive medium (game) with a passive medium (anime), they have to change they way of storytelling because of that, if a anime do extractly like the game, it will become one of the most boring anime created and will only for game fan but not other people, and i even doubt that fan of the game will like that because they not controlling the character.
now i ask you hater, how many of you that claim that the anime not faithful can watch the walkthrough instead of playing the game without getting bored and quit? i bet no one, not to mention a person who never played the game
and those say that this this anime is for those played the game should slap Themselves a hard one becauyse they, who played the game dislike it, but most people from animesuki, the watch page and even some in this site that never played the game said they liked it.
so this anime for THOSE NOT PLAYED THE GAME AND THOSE NOT COMPARE IT TO THE GAME. and NOT for THOSE COMPARE IT TO THE GAME, THOSE SHOULD SHUT UP ABOUT THEIR BASED-ON-SHIT OPINION.
i'm have played persona from 1->4 and i can say that i liked ep1 and loved ep2
Rage more. That doesn't change the fact that production of P4 is totally screwed up and chance of this series being failure is now much higher. That's the point.
Oct 15, 2011 1:14 AM

Feb 2008
Complain more, doesn't change the fact that this production is good.

Relunx
Oct 15, 2011 4:28 AM

Sep 2008
oh great.. just great = /
enya's life spent on MAL: September 21, 2008 to August 23, 2012
Oct 15, 2011 3:01 PM
Jul 2018
Wow seriously? I waited 4-5 weeks for this show only to have them disappoint me with the first 2 episodes and now this shit happens? Way to fuck up aic.
Oct 15, 2011 3:13 PM

Aug 2009
@PointmanW [Since MAL is being a bitch and wouldn't let my post appear if I quote anyone]
Lol dude wtf xD
I was referring to the disturbances within the production company and not the anime series. In fact, I never reprimanded the anime. More honestly, I didn't even intend to! Shit honestly, I love the anime and the way it is so extraordinarily faithful to the VG. There are faults though, like animation is a bit choppy and some characters are overdone but nothing in life is flawless and I'm not complaining.
So darling, you mis-read and mis-interpreted my post and ended up wasting your time in typing back a huge ass argument which is actually completely void. Zilch.
Sucks to be you.
And if there are lovers, there will always be haters so stfu about it already. No one cares about your opinion but you.

<3
k0k0Oct 15, 2011 3:16 PM
Oct 15, 2011 3:19 PM
Jul 2018
welp looks like my only hope for this season now is guilty crown and ben-to.
Oct 15, 2011 6:28 PM

Feb 2010
ep 2 was good , stop crying.

Hope they resolve their problems. (pay the fucking animators?)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Apr 26

10 by Deoxyribo9 »»
41 minutes ago

» Manga 'Kakushite! Makina-san!!' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - May 9

13 by animegamer245 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

20 by Zedlin »»
Yesterday, 4:23 PM

» Light Novel 'Izure Saikyou no Renkinjutsushi?' Gets TV Anime in Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - May 9

5 by Zedlin »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM

» 'Dungeon no Naka no Hito' Announces Additional Cast, Staff

DatRandomDude - May 9

2 by Zedlin »»
Yesterday, 4:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.