Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 2, 2011 4:48 PM
Oct 2011
I wonder if Hunterxhunter remake is living to the expectation..what All you guys hunterxhunter fans think?
The score is quite lower than the old one..or may it is just a beginning...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 3, 2011 12:06 AM

Jun 2011
The first episode of the remake was pretty good. I haven't seen the original so I don't really know how it holds up in comparison.

Oct 10, 2011 11:01 AM

Oct 2008
I've seen the first five or so episodes of the original. I forget why I stopped watching it. I believe the site that was streaming it stopped doing so. And since it was licensed, I didn't try to find another source. But I remember thinking that the original was developing rather slowly. So I like this faster pace.
Oct 19, 2011 8:38 PM
Jun 2008
When the first episode came out of the new adaptation, I went and saw the episodes that coincided with the first episode first, which happens to be the first three, watched the new adaptation episode, and then went and watched the original telivision Anime all the way to the end. I'm also reading the Manga as it coincides with the airing, so I can compare and contrast.

My personal oppinion is, the new adaptation is better. Sure, they didn't have the flash back that is in the first episode of the original and the first chapter of the Manga, but I honestly feel that the flashback is better suited later on in the series. I mean, it wasn't needed to establish the fact that the reason Gon wants to become a Hunter is because of his father. They threw in enough context clues without it. A few other things were changed so it wouldn't be exactly like the original.

The original adaptation actually has a lot of filler. For example, episode two of the original adaptation is completly filler. Episode four and five of the original adaptation actually changed parts of the storyline up. The filler bothered me personally, because I honestly felt that it made Leorio OoC, and when it didn't do that, it down played what I felt was an important trait for him.

Also, episode six of the original adaptation contained censorship issues, while the new adaptation has in my personal opinion not yet censored anything, but kept it relativly the same to the Manga.

Some people are complaining about the bright animation style, but one of the problems with having that kind of style is you can't always see what is going on. Not to mention the style that it was originally done in is really old school. I may expect the coloring of the original during that time frame, but I find myself bothered when it shows up during this time frame, unless I can explain it.

I also like the music, but then I like this style of music. I also feel that it comes from the right era.
Dec 26, 2011 2:21 AM
Oct 2011
Yea True..The anime is this generation anime...but somehow the old hXh anime seems more fun..it just my opinion...fast pace is good..but the new HxH gon seems different..Dont you guys think?i don kno may it just me...
Dec 26, 2011 10:53 AM

Jul 2008
An h x h with no filler is the better anime. The art is an improvement and I dont mind the brightness. I really do hope that this version takes off from where the older version left off in the storyline.
Dec 26, 2011 11:27 AM
Jun 2008
I agree with you on the filler stuff.
Dec 26, 2011 12:49 PM

May 2010
So far, I'm disappointed. I don't care about comparing this to the first anime anymore. I'm not seeing everything that the manga has to offer in this anime. And that's a lot.

Sure, this one follows the manga closer, but hey how many studios do NOT know how to follow a manga. Heck even amateurs can do another faithful adaptation with a bunch of stick figures for characters and a piece of bond paper for the background, but no one would agree that they did a good job on that.

This being child-friendly bothers me. I'm not saying they should make everything angsty and dark and all, but it isn't as goofy and as lighthearted as I remember. The characters are kids/teenage boys, yes, but these characters are growing up and not growing backwards, and the story gets a bit complex after the exam. If they keep up this kind of atmosphere forever it's as if making this entire journey a joke.

And this one is badly directed. They stretched unnecessary scenes and gave less screentime to important parts. The action scenes were okay. If you're going to compare it to the old anime of course it's superior, but there was a lot of use of still shots and zooming shots, and even repeated frames. Plus the horrible music.

It's sad that the budget (and the f*ck they give) for this adaptation is obvious, especially if you know what Madhouse studio is capable of. My hate for this adaptation doesn't really come from how close it is to the source or how better the old anime is. I'm mad because I believe they can do a better job than this. There's more that they can do to make this more than just a remake.

Sorry for the long rant.
Dec 26, 2011 2:34 PM
Jul 2018
I never watched the original, but so far, I'm liking it. One complain though, the episodes are really slow paced. Takes forever for something to happen, dunno if they are trying to extend the length of the series or if it is supposed to be like this.
Dec 28, 2011 5:00 PM

Sep 2011
I'm acctually enjoying this adaption. alot of people are comparing this to the old anime when really, it should be compared to the manga. I have only seen a few small bits of the old anime but I really don't think its neccesary I go waste my time with it. I'm already caught up with the manga and I get to choose what I want to revisit things with. I chose the new anime because you know what? THATS THE WHOLE REASON I READ THE MANGA!!

Of course I don't think its perfect; there have really only been two things sofar that've pissed me off: episode 6 and 13. episode six wasn't as bad but I was simply mad they didn't put in kurapika's "I'm no better than leorio!?" face, I got over the sushi part. episode 13 was just a retarded idea in general, why, after only 12 episodes are we getting a recap? did a desise happen in japan that caused memory loss and the rest of the world didn't kniow about it? apparently not since one piece still aired alright. I haven't got a chance to hate it cause I was gonna skip it, but I was bored and watched it. it wasn't like they had a bullshit scene it was just because it shouldn't be there in the first place.

everything else about the adaption is great!
Jun 3, 2012 11:30 PM

Nov 2010
At first i was sad that it was going to be a remake and then i remembered when the old one was made, and i realize it was ten years ago. and why would they want to make everything look like it was ten years ago all series evolve. and i do like the fact that the new series is about ten episodes ahead, yeah there are a couple of recaps but thats fine as long as the series passes the other one, as long as it does that its better than the first one to me.
Jun 4, 2012 2:24 AM

Jun 2007
They are cutting out way too much.
Jun 4, 2012 5:15 AM

Mar 2012
Rainbow-Dash said:

Like the kastro vs hisoka fight?
End Zionazism
Jun 4, 2012 11:00 AM

Sep 2010
why would they want to make everything look like it was ten years ago all series evolve.

I don't know what you mean. Aren't the style, character designs, and look more or less locked into place because of the manga? Sure the anime have varied in colors, tone, and brightness but there hasn't been any evolution other than the passage of time that visually distinguishes one from the other.

Jun 4, 2012 11:40 AM
Nov 2009
Mikasa said:
Rainbow-Dash said:

+1

I think 2011 version is better than 1999. :>
Jun 4, 2012 1:09 PM

Nov 2010
Anime_Name said:
why would they want to make everything look like it was ten years ago all series evolve.

I don't know what you mean. Aren't the style, character designs, and look more or less locked into place because of the manga? Sure the anime have varied in colors, tone, and brightness but there hasn't been any evolution other than the passage of time that visually distinguishes one from the other.

you are right i did mean more like animation in a whole, and music. and the manga changes so the anime changes with it. and some animes are way different than their mangas
Jun 10, 2012 11:55 PM

Jun 2007
Mikasa said:
Rainbow-Dash said:

Kastro fight was meh, but the whole Killua and Gon training has been disappointing.
Jun 11, 2012 11:45 AM
May 2012
Rainbow-Dash said:
Mikasa said:
Rainbow-Dash said:

Kastro fight was meh, but the whole Killua and Gon training has been disappointing.

I'm curious. What part of the Gon-Killua training that the 2011 series cut-off and thus, the disappointment you felt?
Jun 12, 2012 6:07 AM

Mar 2009
The new version tend to cencor a bit too much. Watched the old anime and I am still reading the manga.

But its still worth it, the show is good. And since the manga has gone further I hope this version will go through the ant arc as well. So we will get some new manga chapters converted to anime once we have catched up with old anime. :)

But the manga is again on hiatus! I am afraid we might get just get another half-done series since the manga can't keep up with the anime at all.
Jun 12, 2012 6:37 PM

Oct 2011
Znote said:

But the manga is again on hiatus! I am afraid we might get just get another half-done series since the manga can't keep up with the anime at all.

The good thing is that the new anime still has a couple years worth of material to go through before it's caught up.
Jun 12, 2012 10:16 PM

Jan 2012
fast paced so lots of cuts and way less char dev. you can also feel that they are limiting the violence because the last hxh ova was stopped because of this. of course different voice actors on some characters, thankfully they are just on side char. Atm, I think its okay. I'm still waiting until its over to judge it.

And of course its on HD.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jun 13, 2012 3:07 AM

Nov 2007
I love both anime, and was in love with the manga too.
Im just hoping we can get more of the story animated than the older version + OVAs.
Jun 13, 2012 10:52 AM

Nov 2010
xochandaox said:
I love both anime, and was in love with the manga too.
Im just hoping we can get more of the story animated than the older version + OVAs.
me too except for the manga part, i think they would be pretty stupid if they just remake what they did earlier so i am expecting them to go past greed island
Jun 13, 2012 1:10 PM

Mar 2012
If only I get a dollar everytime someone asks that

YES they will be animated don't you watch the new one? :/
End Zionazism
Jun 13, 2012 1:34 PM

Nov 2010
what do you mean?
Jun 13, 2012 1:41 PM

May 2012
The new anime is very good , I just hope that they could get a new time slot so that they don't have to censor some brutal scenes that are gonna come in the next arcs .
Jun 13, 2012 10:37 PM

Nov 2009
I love the old anime mostly because of Yorkshin arc. That arc was downright awesome. The rest was OK.

The new anime so far isn't half bad despite some definite kiddie vibes it gives off from time to time. The things I was displeased with are mostly related to what they changed in comparison with the manga. In particular, the Testing Gate opening scene. All three guys were supposed to open it on their own, not all together. And Leorio opened not just the 1st gate but the 2nd, too... I absolutely hated how they robbed Leorio of one of his very few moments of glory. Canary filler and missing part of exam with sushi were disappointing but nowhere near as much as the Testing Gate was.

Still, overall, the new anime holds up just fine for the moment. But the real test for it will begin when it finally enters Yorkshin arc (that is, starting July 15). That's when I will make my judgement on it. The anime staff promise that the mood will grow darker, more serious and more mature as the story dictates. Also, the level of violence is promised to go up. I do hope so, because no facepalm will be enough if the mafia and the Genei Ryodan just bloodlessly knock each other out without killing instead of massacring literally thousands...

For now, I also have my doubts about some of the voice actors for the Genei Ryodan being fit for the characters they're gonna be playing and am worried about Kuroro's character design, but we'll see in time, I guess...
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jun 24, 2012 11:11 AM
Aug 2011
I am a BIG and LOYAL HxH Fan and sincerely, I think this Remake is NOT even near as good as the Original...
The only thing I liked in the Remake was the Nice-looking Graphics, which is A LOT better than the Old-looking Original graphic...
I heard people saying the Remake is "too childish" but that's a good point of it actually, because HxH is NOT supposed to be "Mature" or "dark themed" as certain people mentioned... HxH is my Top Favorite Anime and the reason because I LOVED the Original, is because it has a bit of comedy with charismatic Characters and a thrilling Storyline (even though with its many filler-like-parts).
The strong and cute Friendship between Gon and Killua is the biggest reason why I loved the Original, and they removed most of the nice scenes of them in this Remake (with exception of the new filler part during the Trick Tower Test).
And I don't know why some people are complaining the Remake is "slow-paced", it's actually too much fast-paced already, since they removed most of the good scenes from the Original.
And the Openings and Endings of the Remake are just awful... HxH is TOTALLY NOT about Heavy Metal!! These 2 Endings doesn't fits to HxH, the Original Endings were so much better, the First Ending a peaceful and relaxing Song showing how Mito-san cared for Gon, and the Second Ending showing the 4 Friends strong Friendship...
The Endings of the Remake are just a guy with a creepy voice screaming like a ...
(no offences to Heavy Metal Fans, but it DOES NOT fits to HxH).
Also, I am totally NOT looking forward to the Kimera Ants Arc since that was what ruined HxH for me and made me stop reading the Manga...
It's amazing how a genius like Togashi-sensei managed to ruin his own Masterpiece with that Arc... It looked just like Elfen Lied! No offences to Elfen Lied Fans, but I can't stand seeing Humans being slaughtered like that as if they were worthless objects...
So as I said, the Original is, and will ALWAYS be better than the Remake, with the exception of the Remake having a much better looking Graphics.
Jun 24, 2012 11:15 AM

May 2012
How can they remove scenes when it is not remake of the 1999 anime?
Jun 24, 2012 11:33 AM
Feb 2010
Nekomimi-Boy said:
but I can't stand seeing Humans being slaughtered like that as if they were worthless objects.

That´s the whole point of the Chimera Ant arc. Instead of recognizing and praising Togashi´s genuis symbolysm, society critcism and poetic and darkthemed storytelling. You complain about humans getting killed. GTFO now, and go watch children shows if HxH is clearly too mature for you.
Jun 24, 2012 11:34 AM

Feb 2012
Nekomimi-Boy said:
Also, I am totally NOT looking forward to the Kimera Ants Arc since that was what ruined HxH for me and made me stop reading the Manga...
It's amazing how a genius like Togashi-sensei managed to ruin his own Masterpiece with that Arc... It looked just like Elfen Lied! No offences to Elfen Lied Fans, but I can't stand seeing Humans being slaughtered like that as if they were worthless objects...

Then you should have hated York Shin and Greed Island too (remember all the people exploding in a really graphical way).

Togashi loves gore, it's nothing new.
Jun 24, 2012 11:54 AM
Aug 2011
eucalyptustree16 said:
Nekomimi-Boy said:
but I can't stand seeing Humans being slaughtered like that as if they were worthless objects.

That´s the whole point of the Chimera Ant arc. Instead of recognizing and praising Togashi´s genuis symbolysm, society critcism and poetic and darkthemed storytelling. You complain about humans getting killed. GTFO now, and go watch children shows if HxH is clearly too mature for you.

Firstly: HxH is my FAVORITE Anime, and I LOVE it, I just said I hated that damn Kimera Ants Arcs.
Second: I also like some violence in Animes, but not as much as that from the Kimera Ants, you simply CANNOT compare the York Shin Arc or the others Arcs with the Kimera Ants Arc... >_>
Besides, HxH is NOT themed around Extreme violence.
Third: GTFO you, if you are too ignorant to give your opinion without being rude or insulting others.
I didn't insult anybody, I just gave my Opinion, if you care about ir or not, it's not my problem. I just can't stand people saying the Remake is much better than the Original, that's why I gave my opinion about it.
Jun 24, 2012 11:57 AM

Nov 2010
Nekomimi-Boy said:
I LOVED the Original, is because it has a bit of comedy with charismatic Characters and a thrilling Storyline (even though with its many filler-like-parts).
The strong and cute Friendship between Gon and Killua is the biggest reason why I loved the Original, and they removed most of the nice scenes of them in this Remake (with exception of the new filler part during the Trick Tower Test).
And I don't know why some people are complaining the Remake is "slow-paced", it's actually too much fast-paced already, since they removed most of the good scenes from the Original.

Have you ever thought that the remake expected most people to have seen the original, just like in Full Metal Alchemist brotherhood where they left out some of the stories like with the yorki the guy who bankrupted the citizens of the mining town, and barry the chopper, the serial killer. But had the characters in the story. Hunter x Hunter might be going fast paced and cut out little parts of the story because it is a remake and might slow down the pace when they get out of where the anime ended
Jun 24, 2012 12:07 PM
Feb 2010
Nekomimi-Boy said:
Second: I also like some violence in Animes, but not as much as that from the Kimera Ants, you simply CANNOT compare the York Shin Arc or the others Arcs with the Kimera Ants Arc... >_>.

The amount of voilence in HxH is not record breaking for Japanese anime or manga, even in the CAA. Most of the violence in the CAA is not even shown, but just hinted or mentioned anyway. The amount of violence in Yorkshin, and even GI is enough to greatly oppose the Hunter Exam and Heavens Arena Arc as well.
What makes CAA stand out though is a more dark and mature feeling, like a seinen; hence you might interpret it as more violence.

Besides, HxH is NOT themed around Extreme violence

If that's what you wanna think go ahead. But you either got the wrong idea or heavenly disagree with its author.

Nekomimi-Boy said:
Third: GTFO you, if you are too ignorant to give your opinion without being rude or insulting others.
I didn't insult anybody, I just gave my Opinion, if you care about ir or not, it's not my problem. I just can't stand people saying the Remake is much better than the Original, that's why I gave my opinion about it.

Wow, you're insulted by that? Then I apologise lol.
Chimera_AntJun 24, 2012 12:12 PM
Jun 24, 2012 12:25 PM

May 2012
The 2011 anime has not really been going fast paced. At most it's 2 chapters an episode.
Jun 24, 2012 12:40 PM
Aug 2011
The amount of voilence in HxH is not record breaking for Japanese anime or manga, even in the CAA. Most of the violence in the CAA is not even shown, but just hinted or mentioned anyway. The amount of violence in Yorkshin, and even GI is enough to greatly oppose the Hunter Exam and Heavens Arena Arc as well.
What makes CAA stand out though is a more dark and mature feeling, like a seinen; hence you might interpret it as more violence.

Besides, HxH is NOT themed around Extreme violence

If that's what you wanna think go ahead. But you either got the wrong idea or heavenly disagree with its author.

Nekomimi-Boy said:

Wow, you're insulted by that? Then I apologise lol.

Thanks for apologizing (even though I am not sure if you were serious or being sarcastic...). I don't wanna be rude to you or to anyone, so if you are kind to me I'll be kind to you.
And I never said HxH is too violent, I said the Kimera Ants Arc is Extremely violent...
I'll give an Example:
I remember when I read a Chapter of the Kimera Ants Arc where the Kimera Ant King
cuts off the heads of an Old Man and an Old Woman in front of their Grandchild, then when the little kid starts to cry, he impales the kid with his tail and after that, opens her head and eats her brain, and even said it was "good"...
If that is not EXTREME Violence and disgusting, then I have no idea of what it is...
Things like that scene was not shown in the Anime at any part...
Ubogin crushed a man's head against a wall, but it was not shown... He killed many people but it was not much of a terrible scene either...
What I want to point out is that the Kimera Ants Arc turned out to be another Elfen Lied along with its other scenes...
Sure there was violence in HxH, but not THAT MUCH...
There was a lot of comedy and funny scenes in the Anime, and even some cute and sentimental scenes too! But the Kimera Arcs is just dark themed...
That's why I think it ruined HxH...
Well, if you like that kind of stuff, just keep reading the Manga,
but HxH is over for me and I'll just keep the wonderful moments I had watching the Original Anime...
I said that the Original is much better than the Remake, but that's just my opinion... Anyways, I'll still watch the Remake till the end of Greed Island...
Remember: Different kinds of Fans have different kinds of views and opinions about Anime... That's just the way it is. It's no use saying someone is Right or Wrong,
Everyone can have their opinions.
Have a Nice Day...
Jun 24, 2012 12:51 PM

Nov 2010
Hey use the spoiler tag when you talk about stuff in a arc, this is the anime forum not manga.
Jun 24, 2012 1:10 PM
Aug 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Hey use the spoiler tag when you talk about stuff in a arc, this is the anime forum not manga.

Ahh sorry about that Turtle-kun! I totally forgot about that...
(And I don't even know how to use the Spoiler button thingy because I am new here...)
I'll remember it, so I won't do it again, Kays? >w<
I'll go out now... Have a Nice Day you too :3
Jun 24, 2012 1:33 PM

Nov 2010
just click the bb code link next to where you click post message to learn about it.
Jun 24, 2012 2:25 PM

Mar 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
what do you mean?

Watch the hunters intro, you see

And the zoldycks intro shows... You know
End Zionazism
Jun 24, 2012 2:28 PM

Nov 2010
well i don't know who those people are because i've never read the manga
Jun 24, 2012 3:00 PM

Feb 2012
A question to Nekomimi-Boy... have you read the Hunter exam, Heavens Arena and York Shin in the manga?

To watch the old anime until the end and then start with Chimera Ant arc isn't a good idea.

Also, chimera is a real word, and it's spelled with "ch", not with "k".
Jul 5, 2012 7:44 AM

May 2009
I really wanted to like this... >_>
Jul 5, 2012 7:54 AM
Oct 2011
Shoryuuken said:
I really wanted to like this... >_>
why didn't you ?
Jul 5, 2012 7:58 AM

Feb 2012
It's just my random ass theory but, I'm guessing they are taking the speedy route to get the the end of the York New part of the anime so they can really take off where the previous version of the anime left off. Once they get pass the point of the previous anime they can start animating more freely. personally I don't see anything wrong with the newer one sure it's not as drawn out but, it feels more intense and, looks much better ( in my opinion )
Jul 5, 2012 8:12 AM
Oct 2011
MidnightPride said:
It's just my random ass theory but, I'm guessing they are taking the speedy route to get the the end of the York New part of the anime so they can really take off where the previous version of the anime left off. Once they get pass the point of the previous anime they can start animating more freely. personally I don't see anything wrong with the newer one sure it's not as drawn out but, it feels more intense and, looks much better ( in my opinion )
I think it's this way, I watched it also for the sake of watching the Chimera ant, which will hopefully be animated. I think at the points that was in the old version well-made, the 2011 version went by them fast, for example the 3 fights in Heavens arena, at other points, for example the Kastro vs Hisoka fight, they slowed down abit, since the fight was only 4 minutes in the old version.

Also the 2011 version is obviously more faithful to the manga than the 1999 vesion, I was surprised when I saw that Mito was Ging's cousin not Gon's Aunt, and that Gon's mum wasn't mentioned, which means the 1999 vesion made up some things, and of course added lots of fillers.

@Shoryuuken: the adaptation gets better after the exam ends, and it's said that the Yorknew arc is gonna be darker, the nen concept is well-made also. I think if it continues past the Chimera ant and the Zodiac 12 this is gonna be the best between the 2 adaptations & the manga, especially the manga, considering how horrible the Chimera ant's first half was drawn/made.
Jul 5, 2012 3:04 PM
Feb 2012
stormgoddess said:
So far, I'm disappointed. I don't care about comparing this to the first anime anymore. I'm not seeing everything that the manga has to offer in this anime. And that's a lot.

Sure, this one follows the manga closer, but hey how many studios do NOT know how to follow a manga. Heck even amateurs can do another faithful adaptation with a bunch of stick figures for characters and a piece of bond paper for the background, but no one would agree that they did a good job on that.

This being child-friendly bothers me. I'm not saying they should make everything angsty and dark and all, but it isn't as goofy and as lighthearted as I remember. The characters are kids/teenage boys, yes, but these characters are growing up and not growing backwards, and the story gets a bit complex after the exam. If they keep up this kind of atmosphere forever it's as if making this entire journey a joke.

And this one is badly directed. They stretched unnecessary scenes and gave less screentime to important parts. The action scenes were okay. If you're going to compare it to the old anime of course it's superior, but there was a lot of use of still shots and zooming shots, and even repeated frames. Plus the horrible music.

It's sad that the budget (and the f*ck they give) for this adaptation is obvious, especially if you know what Madhouse studio is capable of. My hate for this adaptation doesn't really come from how close it is to the source or how better the old anime is. I'm mad because I believe they can do a better job than this. There's more that they can do to make this more than just a remake.

Sorry for the long rant.

If it was made with stick figures it would be a terrible adaptation and would NOT be faithful to the manga.

Really I don't get this argument of "the original is boring so the adaptation should be changed." The point of a Hunter x Hunter anime is that people LIKE the manga.
If they want to do something different than make a different show.

Now if someone said that it's just not economically viable to make a true adaptation then THAT I could understand.
Jul 5, 2012 7:42 PM

Aug 2011
The remake has been improving a lot for me in these last few episodes. I have high hopes that they would do a good York Shin adaptation except that I have recently found out that the 1999 version was pretty creative with the way it went about certain scenes which is kind of a let down but on the other hand, it would seem that Kurapika's character in the manga for that arc (more lacking of a sense of guilt) is much more preferred for me personally so it's a win-win situation.
Jul 6, 2012 2:28 AM
Feb 2012
Terumi said:
The remake has been improving a lot for me in these last few episodes. I have high hopes that they would do a good York Shin adaptation except that I have recently found out that the 1999 version was pretty creative with the way it went about certain scenes which is kind of a let down but on the other hand, it would seem that Kurapika's character in the manga for that arc (more lacking of a sense of guilt) is much more preferred for me personally so it's a win-win situation.

one thing in particular I hope they get right...

The car chase.

In the manga Kurapika is driving the car when he captures Uvogin. But he gets pissed off at Uvogin and is paying more attention to wanting to kill Uvogin then the road.

1999 series had someone else drive.

Hopefully Madhouse gets it right. Because by having Kurapika drive and nearly crash the car because he wants to kill Uvogin says quite a bit about Kurapika.

Plus it could make for an awesome car chase scene
Jul 6, 2012 3:55 AM

Aug 2011
mrsticky005 said:
Terumi said:

one thing in particular I hope they get right...

The car chase.

In the manga Kurapika is driving the car when he captures Uvogin. But he gets pissed off at Uvogin and is paying more attention to wanting to kill Uvogin then the road.

1999 series had someone else drive.

Hopefully Madhouse gets it right. Because by having Kurapika drive and nearly crash the car because he wants to kill Uvogin says quite a bit about Kurapika.

Plus it could make for an awesome car chase scene

Yeah, agreed. I still prefer the capture scene itself better in the anime but who knows, Madhouse could also get creative with this. The 1999 series did some pretty drastic changes like Dalzollene being absent and Kurapika calling him. There's a lot of other things to discuss in that arc but I would rather wait and also as to not spoil the great scenes for the first time viewers!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mikasa - Mar 24, 2012

130 by Nerdason »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

fishergirl16 - Mar 17, 2012

133 by Nerdason »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AngelicFeces - Mar 10, 2012

96 by Nerdason »»
3 hours ago

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

67 by Early_Morning »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

fishergirl16 - Mar 3, 2012

119 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 3:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.