Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 18, 2008 2:07 AM

Jul 2008
i read in the " Anime that you dislike but everybody seems to like" topic that alot of them doesnt like kimi but why i know its sad and really realistic but seriouly i bet theres ppl's lives that is exactly like it in the story i wanna hear why u ppl dislike it so much is it because u cant face reality? or is it that u dont want to ?
Jul 18, 2008 2:23 AM

Nov 2007
I haven't watched Kimi ga Nozomu Eien yet but really, I can't help but laugh that you would say:
edwardyyu9f said:
i wanna hear why u ppl dislike it so much is it because u cant face reality? or is it that u dont want to?

Since when has anime defined what we base as "reality"? Give me a break. The drama and romance in KGNE can be as realistic as it wants, it isn't reality. In my opinion, someone else in this thread needs to go outside and take another look at his "reality".

Also, your tone of speech here gives the impression that you consider those who dislike the series as idiots who can't get a hold on their own lives. In other words: depressed losers. Think before you post please.

Just pointing out a really stupid statement here, so if anyone wants to answer his actual question, go ahead :D

Oh yea, protip for future reference: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?animeid=147
Jul 18, 2008 2:31 AM

Nov 2007
Yeah, post anime specific topics in their subforum.

I don't like Kimino because it was terribly boring. I couldn't relate to any of the characters, thus I didn't care about their situations. Haruka became particularly annoying, I don't care she was in a coma for a while. Though Mitsuki and Narumi weren't much better.

The only char I liked in the slightest was Akane, and even then, not much.

I have no problem with drama, and I love realistic settings. I'm just not a fan of soap operas, which this was.
Jul 22, 2008 9:40 PM

Jul 2008
I haven't seen this, but after reading this thread....

Jul 22, 2008 9:42 PM

May 2008
I never even heard of this anime before.
Jul 23, 2008 3:42 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Topic moved. And this anime is still a Masterpiece for me.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 14, 2010 8:22 AM

Jul 2009
It's painful to watch..T_T especially episode 10 and 11..i almost punch that monitor of mine and many other scene..
May 1, 2010 3:13 AM

Jul 2009
Brilliant anime. Enough said.
Jan 29, 2012 4:45 PM
Dec 2011
Keep watching, this was quite good! Very sad at times but totally worth it! I didn't agree with who he ended up with at first but after 1 single comment I read, I was convinced it was probably the right choice.
PM me after you finish if you want me to explain in more detail.

If you still don't agree with his choice, they released a 4 or 6 ep OVA with an alternate choice "future" if you get what I mean.
Feb 17, 2012 4:17 AM
Dec 2010
I enjoyed it , its score rating isn't worst one either so i don't think i am alone who liked it.,.. it's one of those rare anime with properly enclosed and pushing back from "colored fantasy feeling everything is good at the end" ending, saying that If 2 should be happy 3rd one will be lonely. And for those who still wanted to watch an alternative ending - there really is such ending so i really don't get why would anyone hate this show, especially when anyone can chose from 2 endings endings.
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Feb 22, 2012 7:54 AM
Oct 2008
I only saw 7 episodes so far and the only thing I dislike is Takiyuki. He should be honest with Haruka about his relationship with Mitsuki. His situation is tragic but if I was in his shoes I would tell the truth to Haruka about how many years passed despite what the stupid doctor said. If he didn't want to tell Haruka directly, he should have told her parents about it in that episode when her parents asked him to visit the hospital more often
Mar 2, 2012 7:34 PM

Feb 2012
haha i can figure it out, i cant even figure out why i loved it, 10/10 for me!
Mar 5, 2012 12:36 PM
Dec 2010
OP, most of the people that don't like it hate it because the protagonist ended up with a whore instead of the girl he was originally with.

Go ahead, survey 30 people that hate KGNE, most of them will say it's because he chose the slut.
Jul 9, 2012 8:17 AM

Mar 2012
I loved this series but it was just so sad to watch it because difficult because of all drama.
Jul 20, 2012 7:38 PM
Oct 2010
It's been years since I watched KgNE but I still hate it like it was yesterday, I hate its characters and the dreary sensation it gives.

No wonder that the most similar anime suggested by people here on MAL is School Days.
-Iwasawa-Jul 20, 2012 11:28 PM
Aug 5, 2012 4:36 AM
Mar 2012
Xjellocross said:
I haven't watched Kimi ga Nozomu Eien yet but really, I can't help but laugh that you would say:
edwardyyu9f said:
i wanna hear why u ppl dislike it so much is it because u cant face reality? or is it that u dont want to?

Since when has anime defined what we base as "reality"? Give me a break. The drama and romance in KGNE can be as realistic as it wants, it isn't reality. In my opinion, someone else in this thread needs to go outside and take another look at his "reality".

Also, your tone of speech here gives the impression that you consider those who dislike the series as idiots who can't get a hold on their own lives. In other words: depressed losers. Think before you post please.

Just pointing out a really stupid statement here, so if anyone wants to answer his actual question, go ahead :D

I haven't watched it either, but are you stupid? First of all, realistic anime do exist, and of course they aren't reality. I mean, the chances of them happening may not be high, such as School Days, but it can indeed happen. In fact, I can quite well imagine it happening. That's not my main complaint with your ridiculous post. "Also, your tone of speech here" let me cut this quote off here. Tone of speech? I know you can sort of tell what people are trying to express online but come on, tone of speech? Don't tell me - you can hear what he was thinking when he typed this? F*ck off, give me a break. Stupid sh*ts like you who try to sound smart, wise or be a d*ck online are the biggest pains in the arse. I understand that "you can't face reality?" statement was fairly stupid, but in an attempt to point out how stupid that statement was you made yourself seem extremely stupid and arrogant. If you want to point out something stupid, don't do it in the sense of a "double-edged sword". You posted here years ago, if you ever come back here, be my guest to tell me off and insult me if you become upset. Wow... I wasted a whole three minutes typing something useless.
Just pointing out a really stupid statement here... if anyone wants to hate on me, go ahead. :D
:P
Aug 5, 2012 4:39 AM

Jul 2011
Because is not the usual shit romance mainstream that we see on almost every fucking anime.

cyruz said:
And this anime is still a Masterpiece for me.

This.
Nov 7, 2012 4:31 AM

Nov 2010
yFSC said:
OP, most of the people that don't like it hate it because the protagonist ended up with a whore instead of the girl he was originally with.

Go ahead, survey 30 people that hate KGNE, most of them will say it's because he chose the slut.
If you actually take the time to watch and allow for some reflection after each episode, I think most would agree that she was not a slut or whore that you think she was. I'm not saying you're wrong to think that way as everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but just consider the circumstances that Mitsuki has to go through in the entire series.

I would hate to be in her shoes, as she has to somehow be "happy" for her best friend to date and love the same guy she loves. Many thought she was a "whore" because she took the main character away from Haruka. But again, just consider the circumstances.

I gave this 9, overall a very dramatic and well-animated series.
Nov 13, 2012 3:23 PM

Oct 2011
there will always be fans and haters, read quote in my signature, enough said.
i'm with the fans on this one though
and post above me, +1
wakka9ca said:"The endless debate between fans and haters... is totaly pointless"

Jan 9, 2013 8:56 AM

Apr 2010
UltimaniumX said:
I would hate to be in her shoes, as she has to somehow be "happy" for her best friend to date and love the same guy she loves. Many thought she was a "whore" because she took the main character away from Haruka. But again, just consider the circumstances.

I think most hate the two main characters.

Narumi because it took so long for him to make his decision. While thinking about what to do, pretty much dragged everyone near him down along with him in one way or another.

Mitsuki, due to taking advantage of the protagonist's condition at the time and turning it into a relationship with not much other than them sleeping together.

Then sleeping with the guy's best friend and expecting him to turn her down. Which the way it's hinted during the show he had feelings for her and hasn't slept with any girls for awhile, so of course he's going to take advantage of it(like she did to Narumi).

After that, Narumi was pretty much like Haruka(except w/o being in a coma for 3 years). His best friend and the one he loves slept together behind his back. Then the best friend blaming it on "because you weren't there for her". Yet, he still decides take her back after everything.

At least there's an OVA with an alternate ending. Since it's better for the couple that should ended in the tv series.
Jan 9, 2013 11:38 AM

Jul 2011
"Why does ppl hate it?"

1- Because the MC didn't choose Haruka.
2- Because this is not the typical harem/ecchi/school life.

Anyway, I don't belong to any of these so this anime was great for me.
tangytangerine said:
At least there's an OVA with an alternate ending. Since it's better for the couple that should ended in the tv series.

Worst OVA ever, just a waste of time.
Feb 19, 2013 9:29 PM

Sep 2010
Because it has overdone melodrama, crappy animation and unlikeable characters.
Feb 19, 2013 9:41 PM

Dec 2012
maidoftime said:

aside from the MC depression after the accident it wasn't a melodrama , the drama was really good
and the animation wasn't that bad.
p.s who are the characters in your sig ?
Feb 19, 2013 9:55 PM

Mar 2010
tsudecimo said:
maidoftime said:

aside from the MC depression after the accident it wasn't a melodrama , the drama was really good

i strongly disagree....so many parts where forced or really quite random, it felt like a bad key production. LOL COMAS...what a nakige staple. the animation is painful to watch especially considering i'm an animation teacher and i've seen high-schoolers create better quality work. the voice acting is bad too uhhh
Feb 19, 2013 9:58 PM

Dec 2012
doujinshi said:
tsudecimo said:
maidoftime said:

i strongly disagree....so many parts where forced or really quite random, it felt like a bad key production. LOL COMAS...what a nakige staple. the animation is painful to watch especially considering i'm an animation teacher and i've seen high-schoolers create better quality work. the voice acting is bad too uhhh

point the parts you felt forced please ?
Feb 19, 2013 9:58 PM

Sep 2010
doujinshi said:
tsudecimo said:
maidoftime said:

Exactly, the animation is one of the most criticised aspects of the anime.
The two characters are Panty and Stocking from PSG.
Aug 19, 2013 9:55 PM

Apr 2009
I have no idea why people hate this anime now. When I watched it when it came out in 2003/2004, it was a life changing experience. I had never seen any other anime like it. I've never seen any live action movie like it either. Or tv series. There was nothing on par with the kind of gut wrentching emotional punch that kiminozo delivered.

Back when this site was known as animenfo, Kiminozo was one of the highest ranked anime, at one point it was ranked #1. Now it's down to #1000+? What the hell happened?

I guess since it's been almost 10 years, today's kids just aren't into older obscure stuff. They'd rather watch crap like Naruto or whatever is the most popular shounen action garbage today instead.

Anyway, since Kiminozo came out in 2003, I have yet to see any other anime that delivers the same kind of emotional impact that it had. The only one that comes closest is Anohana.
Aug 21, 2013 2:21 PM

Mar 2013
Just finished watching it in 2013 .
And i gotta say it had a great combination of drama, tragedy and a little of romance ?

It gets a 9/10 for me. I can totally relate to Narumi and Mitsuki ...
Aug 31, 2013 11:56 AM

Jun 2012
Because Mitsuki is shit.
Aug 28, 2014 1:08 PM

Jan 2014
Laevantein said:
It's painful to watch..T_T especially episode 10 and 11..i almost punch that monitor of mine and many other scene..

me too, i almost punched the monitor when i saw those f**king scenes, i hate takayuki, f**k you takayuki, i hate him so much, he made Mitsuki suffer so much. she shouldn`t accept him back
Aug 28, 2014 1:12 PM

Jan 2014
ProBoner said:
Keep watching, this was quite good! Very sad at times but totally worth it! I didn't agree with who he ended up with at first but after 1 single comment I read, I was convinced it was probably the right choice.
PM me after you finish if you want me to explain in more detail.

If you still don't agree with his choice, they released a 4 or 6 ep OVA with an alternate choice "future" if you get what I mean.

it wasn`t the right choice, he should ended up alone, he`s just a f**king asshole, he don`t deserve Mitsuki
Aug 28, 2014 1:14 PM

Dec 2012
Whoa. I don't even remember posting here.
Aug 28, 2014 1:17 PM

Jan 2014
yFSC said:

Mitsuki isn`t a slut, takayuki is a f**king asshole
Aug 28, 2014 1:21 PM

Jan 2014
UltimaniumX said:
yFSC said:

If you actually take the time to watch and allow for some reflection after each episode, I think most would agree that she was not a slut or whore that you think she was. I'm not saying you're wrong to think that way as everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but just consider the circumstances that Mitsuki has to go through in the entire series.

I gave this 9, overall a very dramatic and well-animated series.

i agree with you, Mitsuki isn`t a slut, but takayuki is a f**king asshole
Aug 28, 2014 1:22 PM

Jan 2014
Tinkle-Winkle said:
Xjellocross said:

I haven't watched it either, but are you stupid? First of all, realistic anime do exist, and of course they aren't reality. I mean, the chances of them happening may not be high, such as School Days, but it can indeed happen. In fact, I can quite well imagine it happening. That's not my main complaint with your ridiculous post. "Also, your tone of speech here" let me cut this quote off here. Tone of speech? I know you can sort of tell what people are trying to express online but come on, tone of speech? Don't tell me - you can hear what he was thinking when he typed this? F*ck off, give me a break. Stupid sh*ts like you who try to sound smart, wise or be a d*ck online are the biggest pains in the arse. I understand that "you can't face reality?" statement was fairly stupid, but in an attempt to point out how stupid that statement was you made yourself seem extremely stupid and arrogant. If you want to point out something stupid, don't do it in the sense of a "double-edged sword". You posted here years ago, if you ever come back here, be my guest to tell me off and insult me if you become upset. Wow... I wasted a whole three minutes typing something useless.
Just pointing out a really stupid statement here... if anyone wants to hate on me, go ahead. :D
:P

don`t exist realistic anime, that`s the true
Aug 28, 2014 1:25 PM

Jan 2014
yFSC said:

takayuki should end up alone `cause his a f**king asshole and Mitsuki isn`t a slut or a whore
Aug 28, 2014 1:34 PM

Jan 2014
lazyboy0337 said:
Because Mitsuki is shit.

Mitsuki isn`t shit, takayuki is a f**king asshole
Aug 28, 2014 2:14 PM

Jun 2014
Because the main girl
Sep 23, 2014 7:00 PM

Oct 2013
Alright, incoming wall of text:

While there are mainstream anime that deserve the hype and some that are just over-hyped(although those have plenty of haters too so I guess it somehow balances out) but Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien is probably the total opposite of a mainstream anime, even though some of us consider excellent.

It's something you can easily sit back & enjoy. Clannad & Kanon 2006 are full of feels but of a different kind. No one's put in a situation where one's happiness means the unhappiness of another, a situation where people will inevitably take sides and look for someone to blame or hate on, because it's the easier to do. To fully appreciate a show like Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien you need not only to put yourself in the character's shoes, because since we're all different, we might've made different decisions, but see things from THEIR perspective which of course, is also the show's duty to make it possible & easier for us to do that and this one certainly does.

But no matter how well the anime does that, it demands the audience to work with it as well because as viewers, we'll always know more than the characters do at a specific time. The characters have to make decisions based on their current circumstances, while maybe trying to take the future into consideration too but since they're not clairvoyant, they can only think ahead so much(not to mention that it's hard as hell to think ahead when under pressure). We see things from the viewer's perspective, a position from which it's easier & maybe even tempting to judge who's right or wrong, although everyone's reactions will differ then too.

I personally dislike judging others or claiming the moral high ground and prefer to empathize instead. If an anime is done well enough to allow & even encourage me to do that while at the same time making me feel conflicted, then I'll be all over it so if it wasn't already obvious, I love this show.

However, since I like to think of myself as someone who can empathize well-enough(I know that sounded a bit arrogant but indulge me please), that means I should be able to see things from the other end of the field as well - from the perspective of the viewers who like to judge. And that I do(at least to a degree since it's never entirely possible), which is why I think Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien isn't the show for them, which is entirely fine but they shouldn't consider it a bad show because of that.

Now, I guess a less-detailed reason for why some people hate it is probably because they prefer a romance anime where the characters are selfless, rather than selfish. It's just that you can't possibly have a more realistic romance anime without selfish characters. Hell, even in a relaxing sugar-coated show like Kimi Ni Todoke, the main character Sawako is still somewhat selfish when it comes to love and she's like, one of the most selfless characters ever.
Oct 14, 2014 3:51 AM

Nov 2013
I prefer go with the OVA ending though.
Newbie :P
Nov 17, 2014 3:54 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Because I didnt enjoyed the shipped pair by the end.
Nov 17, 2014 9:03 PM

Dec 2011
I'm gonna guess one reason some ppl don't like this show because of the main character.
Tomoe Mami fanclub member #120
Aug 12, 2016 1:45 PM

Jul 2015
I think it is because people think that Takayuki should have stuck with Mitsuki, instead of going back to Haruka, so the people who hate the series must like prefer Mitsuki over Haruka.
PeppermintHeartsAug 15, 2016 1:05 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Di27 - Apr 17, 2008

181 by StewedBeefHaunch »»
May 10, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Mitsuki or Haruka? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 1, 2007

255 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Di27 - Apr 17, 2008

52 by metalrain_15 »»
Feb 23, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Episode 3 Discussion

Di27 - Apr 16, 2008

47 by metalrain_15 »»
Feb 22, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Di27 - Apr 17, 2008

55 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 8, 4:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.