Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novels 'Accel World' and 'Sword Art Online' To Be Animated [Update Dec 10]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 5, 2012 4:21 AM

Sep 2011
Cool. I can't wait anymore for SAO..

i wish they cover the volume 1 and Volume 2 of SAO...
Jan 6, 2012 12:52 PM
May 2011
Croissant07 said:
Cool. I can't wait anymore for SAO..

i wish they cover the volume 1 and Volume 2 of SAO...

I kinda hope that they just cover the first volume since it pretty much covered one large entire goal of beating the game.
---SPOILER--- BELOW MAYBE.
They managed to do that at the very end of the book. I don't think it would be best to shove everything from the first book into the first half of the series and the other book into the next one. Things would seem really rushed since alot did happen in the first book along. and it wouldn't be best to have cover book 1 and have like maybe 7-8 episodes and jam rush the second I would like them to take their time. Ya know :). I really enjoyed reading the books and I hope to GOD that they do not change the story... I HOPE TO GOD O_O.
ban1o.jpg
Jan 6, 2012 1:05 PM

Aug 2010
Well, SAO airing between July and December means it's going to have 24 episodes. Between 2-3 chapters per episode is a leisure pace. I think they can even make fillers, lol.
Antanaru said:
I'm afraid SAO is too awesome to get a satisfactory adaptation. I'm still pondering whether I should watch it or stick to novels without raging over poorly made anime...
Yeah, I know what you mean. For me, it has been one of the greatest things I read till now. The staff seems pretty competent as well, so i have high expectations of it.
Jan 9, 2012 2:32 PM
May 2011
koleare said:
Well, SAO airing between July and December means it's going to have 24 episodes. Between 2-3 chapters per episode is a leisure pace. I think they can even make fillers, lol.
Antanaru said:
I'm afraid SAO is too awesome to get a satisfactory adaptation. I'm still pondering whether I should watch it or stick to novels without raging over poorly made anime...
Yeah, I know what you mean. For me, it has been one of the greatest things I read till now. The staff seems pretty competent as well, so i have high expectations of it.

It could have 25 or 26. which I hope it does go for (26). 2-3 chapters does sound a fair rate. If I remember right the first book had a bit over 20+ chapters so they could manage to get 2 books done in the 2 seasons it airs...but what makes me worried is that, since the series isn't done yet, nor is to early, Im worried that they are going to change up the story and possibly ruin it like they sorta did with Ao no Exorcist. I honestly hope that they just cover the first book and get multiple seasons so ensure that we get a good ending ya know. Tell me what you think? am I missing any key pieces of info here =o.
ban1o.jpg
Feb 18, 2012 12:23 PM

Nov 2010
Honestly hoping that the anime adaptation of SAO doesn't get messed up like some other LN adaptations out on the market.
Feb 21, 2012 9:43 PM

Jul 2010
I really hope that they don't mess up the awesomeness of SAO... please don't!!!

My guess is they might make the anime on volume 1 and 2. Since the casts are decided for most of the female characters except for Sinon. But the thing that I am going "ugh..." about is the fact that Suguha is also in the cast...meaning there might be chance of them squeezing in volume 3 and 4... I don't want it to be rushed... I want them to make it good instead of rushing as many volumes as they can. D; But if they are really planing to do the adaptation from volume 1 to 4 (if it's fillers free) then 6 episodes per volume still seems short in my opinion.

ANYWAY! Let's just hope for the best. ><

Yagate Kimi ni Naru
Feb 22, 2012 9:36 AM

Nov 2009
From the comments, I get the impression you guys are really hyped up about Sword Art Online. Sadly, I think Accel World has a good chance of ending up more popular. You look at the studios behind it, Sunrise has had way more experiences with anime and anime adaptations than A-1. Me?I'll stick to my manwhas about online gaming. Seeing as the koreans are more of an expert in this field.
DaimyoFeb 22, 2012 9:40 AM
Feb 29, 2012 12:41 AM

Nov 2011
The art looks like K-ON!. The only thing I hope from SAO is include a GGO arc. I think one arc can be finished in 8-10 episodes. I want to see Kirito slashing his way through bullet storm...
Mar 1, 2012 6:38 PM

Oct 2009
Imo the SAO arc (including the side stories) was (were) the best. GGO was great too, but at that point, I felt that the harem grew way too big. Had too many characters, couldn't do anything with them.

The reason for GGO was because the author wanted to recreate the death in game = death in real life scenario, which is definitely the selling point of the series.

As for ALO, I enjoyed it, but it didn't have the life or death aspect so it was a bit of a turn off. And really, the ending wasn't the most convincing.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO AIR OMG!
YanofliesMar 1, 2012 6:44 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2012 4:47 AM

Oct 2009
Just realised, every main female character was seen in their underwear at least once lol.

“…so…in the options menu, all the way on the bottom…there's an option called «Ethic Code Off».”
YanofliesMar 2, 2012 5:02 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2012 10:59 PM

Oct 2009
I think 26 episodes over volume 1 and 2 would be nice. I wouldn't mind some fillers if the author helped with the storyboarding.

An other 26 episodes for 3 and 4 would be also nice :).
Mar 6, 2012 3:12 PM
May 2011
Yanoflies said:
I think 26 episodes over volume 1 and 2 would be nice. I wouldn't mind some fillers if the author helped with the storyboarding.

An other 26 episodes for 3 and 4 would be also nice :).

26 episodes on 3 alone I think would be fine In my opinion with added bits of filler.
1 and 2 is fine since volume 2 is just side stories, perfect extra content that can be added in.

then whatever comes to volume 4. I haven't gotten that far in my reading yet so xD
ban1o.jpg
Mar 14, 2012 6:38 AM

Nov 2011
Yanoflies said:
Just realised, every main female character was seen in their underwear at least once lol.

kirito never see suguha's. that's only the illustration.
hnryirawanMar 17, 2012 9:18 AM
Mar 17, 2012 9:17 AM

Nov 2011
does it me or the synopsis in the MAL pages seems wrong? kirito is not a genius programmer. (i think...)
Mar 17, 2012 6:16 PM

Oct 2009
hnryirawan said:
Yanoflies said:

kirito never see suguha's. that's only the illustration.

Well, I was referring to the reader. But I think it's pretty likely that he did get a peak at some point living together in a house.
Apr 3, 2012 12:48 PM

Jul 2011
yahoooo, i finished watching the first 2 eps of accel world and i found sword art, i started reading that and now its also getting an anime, im looking forward to it :)
Oct 4, 2012 10:27 AM
Aug 2012
Are animes based on novels, because I have read a novel and I didn't know it had such a big spoiler xD??
Oct 6, 2012 7:21 AM

Nov 2010
animewatcher123 said:
Are animes based on novels, because I have read a novel and I didn't know it had such a big spoiler xD??

Ya they are

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
32 minutes ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
2 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

17 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

5 by Entity72 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

98 by RobertBobert »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.