Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (58) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »
May 20, 2012 8:12 PM

May 2008
RLinksoul said:
Hidamari Sketch. I don't even feel I can add it to my list in good conscience. I usually wait until episode 7 to decide whether or not to drop an anime, but pure slice of life, with no comedy/romance/drama or anything is an exception.

Totally boring, and none of the girls are as cute as all the "HNNNNG" and "Nutbladder" jokes lead me to believe.
Oooh, agreed. Also recently too. I pretty much knew from the first episode, but lasted to episode 3 before dropping. You?
And what "Nutbladder" jokes are you referring to?
May 20, 2012 9:54 PM

Dec 2011
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia, Nisemonogatari, Madoka Magica, Steins;Gate, and Bokutomo.
May 21, 2012 12:12 AM

Apr 2008
Gintama' coming to an end..
Music & Anime > Everything Else
May 21, 2012 1:08 AM
Sep 2011
FauxAzn said:
Oooh, agreed. Also recently too. I pretty much knew from the first episode, but lasted to episode 3 before dropping. You?

I just barely finished the first episode, it was that tedious, uncute and unfunny. Plus the animation style's horrendous.

Explanation of "Nutbladder" contained here because it may be inappropriate for some viewers.
May 21, 2012 2:17 AM

Apr 2012
Higashi no eden
May 21, 2012 3:38 AM

Apr 2011
School.
May 21, 2012 4:10 AM

Dec 2011
The Law of Ueki. Not that I had my hopes up too high, but it pleasantly surprised me in the beginning. Since then it's been spiraling downwards like its life depended on being a stereotypical shounen.
May 21, 2012 4:13 AM

Feb 2012
Saki. Sigh.

set made by tsudecimo ★ i m a d g m t r a s h ★ pnch blc mal rewrite

May 21, 2012 4:39 AM

Aug 2011
Nazo no Kanojo X. First episode made me thought that it will be some unusual anime. Old looking drawing style, and strange plot makes me feel like I've watching very original, mysterious and unpredictable series. Now I'm bored with it.
May 21, 2012 4:44 AM

Apr 2012
gintama
May 21, 2012 4:44 AM

Jan 2012
Seto no Hanayome I would thought it turned out to be much entertaining but I guess it was okie and after watching first few episodes, it wasn't really the type of anime I enjoy

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
May 21, 2012 5:13 AM

Aug 2010
Black Rock Shooter.
May 21, 2012 8:25 AM

May 2010
One Piece - Thriller Arc. I read many comments of people who said that it's the best saga in OP, and I'm not even enjoying it like previous ones... I hope it will change for better, since I'm at the half of it.
May 21, 2012 8:30 AM

Feb 2012
Gurren Lagann....just seemed so boring, the characters seem very bland as does the setting. Didn't appreciate a recap episode 5 episodes in either, or the reused animation that kept popping up in episodes. Episode 8 was good but not enough to make me carry on.
May 21, 2012 8:57 AM

May 2008
GodotCoffee said:
Gurren Lagann....just seemed so boring, the characters seem very bland as does the setting. Didn't appreciate a recap episode 5 episodes in either, or the reused animation that kept popping up in episodes. Episode 8 was good but not enough to make me carry on.
Agreed, though I was cool with the setting. People made Gurren Lagann out to be the best thing since sliced bread, and while I did somewhat enjoy it overall, it wasn't THAT good. Incredibly senseless near the middle after a certain death, fights are simply rush-cuts that don't really show much of anything, terribly repetitive for a while with some episodic villain to beat up, gaining power and somehow winning with "guts"... yeah, none of that meshed well with me.

But still, I would recommend watching it at least till the time shift somewhere in the second half. The show changes quite a bit there. I have a friend that actually didn't enjoy Gurren Lagann much until the time shift. Quoting her:
itsvero said:
I'm happy to say that I'm enjoying this 2nd part MUCH more than the 1st, where it was just battles and no story. I really prefer the dark, angsty type of anime, so I'm really glad that they made that change. It was probably a 6 or 7 in the beginning, and now I'd like to say it's about an 8.5-9ish. Yay for that!

RLinksoul said:
FauxAzn said:

I just barely finished the first episode, it was that tedious, uncute and unfunny. Plus the animation style's horrendous.

Explanation of "Nutbladder" contained here because it may be inappropriate for some viewers.
...the fuck?! I honestly don't know what to say. wow: http://www.lurkmore.com/wiki/Nutbladder
FauxAznMay 21, 2012 9:14 AM
May 21, 2012 10:09 AM

Mar 2011
Another. Cheap "horror". Boring + forgettable. I just finished it and already forgot the characters' names.
May 21, 2012 10:18 AM

Sep 2010
Lumathy said:
Another. Cheap "horror". Boring + forgettable. I just finished it and already forgot the characters' names.

It's not so much cheap horror as it was a fairly typical Japanese horror story centered around folklore and superstition.

May 21, 2012 12:08 PM
Apr 2008
Amnesia...The anime deviates from its plot and relys on copious amounts of fanservice, not to mention that the main protagonist is a complete dullard.
May 25, 2012 1:17 AM

Jul 2010
Mawaru Penguindrum - the high ratings on its page had my hopes up for something good but the concept of penguins 'resurrecting' someone is a bit far fetched to me.
May 25, 2012 1:26 AM

Aug 2009
Shakugan no Shana Final...
[right]

May 25, 2012 1:36 AM

May 2012
ef - Tale of memeories

failing that its fairy fail
Signature removed.
May 25, 2012 2:42 AM

Nov 2011
Lucky Star.
I was going into it hoping for something like Acchi Kocchi, I was disappointed. The only episode I liked was episode 22(well the second half of it anyway), which was actually really touching and almost brought a tear to my eye.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2012 5:25 AM

Jul 2009
Umm Shakugan no Shana III is the only one I can think of that I was really disappointed in lately. The plot twist was stupid and made no sense at all. I have dropped quite a few anime since then, but that's mostly cause I got bored, not necessarily disappointed, because I didn't know what to expect. But I was looking forward to the third season of Shakugan no Shana for a few years, so disappointment hit me harder when I finally started the third season and they introduced a really crap and dumb plot twist.
May 25, 2012 1:23 PM
Mar 2012
Latest disappointment huh? Well...

Inazuma Eleven GO 2: Chrono Stone
Somehow the previous ones captured me with the interesting characters and somewhat shounen like plot, but this season is starting to look like they air it for the sake of continuing it.

Although I wasn't sure what I hoped it to be, but right now it is total crap, boring story,characters. Fighting looks stupid and unneeded. Harem anime with fighting implemented in them are rarely good anyway.
May 25, 2012 2:36 PM

Jan 2012
Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka, looks good to watch but after finishing 1st episode I was quite shocked as I had a rough idea what happens in later episodes. The whole story is just weird and comedy scenes they just try too hard which is not even funny at all

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
May 25, 2012 2:42 PM

Feb 2011
shakugan no shana III was the most disappointing. i made it up to episode 22 then just dropped it. it got so boring i wanted to just fall asleep.

Another Sig WIP
May 25, 2012 3:11 PM

May 2009
Kenshin
Shocked because I had waited so long to see it and really thought I'd love it~

FauxAzn said:
Orange_Afro said:
Escaflowne ... was way too feminine for my taste.

Agreed. The sappy, overdone romance was the bane of the otherwise fantastic show. Too often, it felt like Hitomi couldn't think about anything else but her romantic troubles. An entire village is in grave danger of annihilation, but oh noes, Allen might not like me anymore.

I adore Escaflowne and all of its flaws, but that is damn hilarious.
May 25, 2012 3:50 PM

Apr 2012
Glitterati said:
Kenshin
Shocked because I had waited so long to see it and really thought I'd love it~

FauxAzn said:
Orange_Afro said:
Escaflowne ... was way too feminine for my taste.

Agreed. The sappy, overdone romance was the bane of the otherwise fantastic show. Too often, it felt like Hitomi couldn't think about anything else but her romantic troubles. An entire village is in grave danger of annihilation, but oh noes, Allen might not like me anymore.

I adore Escaflowne and all of its flaws, but that is damn hilarious.

I was just got finished watching Escaflowne a few days ago and that is so true. I never even thought of that. Anyway my latest disappointment is Ergo Proxy.
May 25, 2012 3:56 PM
Oct 2008
i think the mighty ducks 3 was very disappointing because they got a new coach and i missed gordon bombay

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK!!!
May 25, 2012 3:59 PM

Jan 2011
I have two for this season i think Eureka Seven AO and Upotte!!.

Eureka Seven AO because it doesn't have that same original Eureka Seven feeling and is not going very well its still pretty good, but not as good as i thought it would

Upotte!! because the summary sounded interesting and it had something interesting first few episodes, but it failed it keep it interesting. Nothing really happens in it.
May 25, 2012 4:38 PM

Sep 2011
Anime_Name said:
Lumathy said:

It's not so much cheap horror as it was a fairly typical Japanese horror story centered around folklore and superstition.

Dont touch me I'm in despair.
May 25, 2012 4:53 PM
Apr 2012
... Texhnolyze, I guess.

I've only watched five episodes, but I can already see it's going to let its arty-ness get in the way of it being interesting/fun.

The worst kind of entertainment.

I'm just this side of dropping it.
OofMay 25, 2012 5:25 PM
"Holy shit I can't remember how I got to your page but thank you so much for posting that Clannad piano video it's one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard thank you I fucking love you man"

XD
May 25, 2012 4:58 PM

Dec 2011
Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku

Fucking happy end has me all "oh, it wasn't so bad in the end" instead of curling up in a depresed ball for the day.
May 25, 2012 5:30 PM

Feb 2012
I remember being slightly disappointed with Ano Natsu de Matteru.
Felt like i had seen it before, because of Onegai Teacher.

Loved the OST tho, and Yamano Remon is super cute. Why didn't they involve her with the romance? :( Same with Morino Ichigo from Onegai Teacher/twins.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2012 11:59 PM

Apr 2011
My predictions.
May 26, 2012 12:05 AM

Aug 2010
Maaaaaan Bakemonogatari is boring as hell.
May 26, 2012 12:30 AM

Mar 2009
I just dropped Sankarea after episode 8. I had some hopes that it would be good but it is fanservice-y crap so far.
May 26, 2012 5:25 AM

Jan 2012
I have just finished watching another and before I started I thought this might be a great anime after reading many positive reviews but in my opinion I have to say its alright

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
May 26, 2012 8:10 AM

Dec 2009
Guilty Crown. Without any doubt. I'd add Deadman Wonderland and Fractale in that list too. Heck, why not add C and Another too.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

May 26, 2012 9:01 AM

Mar 2011
Nisemonogatari and Tasogare Otome amnesia
May 26, 2012 9:06 AM

Mar 2012
Both ef. seasons. They weren't bad per say, but considering all the good things I heard and their high ratings, I was disappointed.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
May 26, 2012 1:08 PM

Jan 2011
im actually kinda disappointed in zombie desuka II. i mean its good/okay but i was expecting alot more
this is my god damn signature.
May 26, 2012 1:12 PM

Sep 2010
Vhess said:
I remember being slightly disappointed with Ano Natsu de Matteru.
Felt like i had seen it before, because of Onegai Teacher.

I'm guessing that is what they were going for, a psuedo-remake using the same stuff the creator is good at. Kind of like Cross Game being so much like Touch.

Didn't they say that was the direction they were going for in production?

May 26, 2012 1:30 PM

Mar 2012
I really enjoyed Ano Natsu, but I haven't seen Onegai Teacher yet. Won't be surprised if I feel the same way (about opposite anime) when I do.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
May 26, 2012 1:54 PM
Apr 2012
Elfen Lied. Dark Angel did it better.

What is it about MAL overrating these shitty hipster shows?

At least the OP and ED are great ...
"Holy shit I can't remember how I got to your page but thank you so much for posting that Clannad piano video it's one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard thank you I fucking love you man"

XD
May 27, 2012 7:14 AM

Feb 2012
Shugo Chara Party...... Dear god that was horrible.
May 27, 2012 7:26 AM
Jul 2018
Oof said:
Elfen Lied. Dark Angel did it better.

What is it about MAL overrating these shitty hipster shows?

At least the OP and ED are great ...

Since when was Elfen Lied hipster....lol??

Anyway Dusk Maiden of Amnesia for me. The horror elements are barely there, the mysteries are uninteresting and it has way too much school "comedy" for my tastes.

Hyouka has been a bit disappointing so far, pretty dull. But I'm sticking with it for now as it at least isn't cookie cutter material.
May 27, 2012 8:28 AM

Apr 2012
Tenchi Universe
May 27, 2012 9:46 AM
Jul 2018
Murder Princess
May 27, 2012 12:36 PM
Apr 2012
deadleeserious said:
Since when was Elfen Lied hipster....lol??

Read the Wikipedia entry and then tell me that is not a hipster show. :P

Gantz 2nd was so disappointing. I'd really gotten into the show by the end of the first season, too. :(

XD
Pages (58) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - 2 hours ago

11 by Toooooooooohru »»
3 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Today

16 by billybub »»
18 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

55 by Fischer77 »»
32 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

239 by TitanOfPlasma »»
41 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

60 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
43 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.