Forum Settings
Forums

The "Help Identifying This Anime/Character" Topic

New
Jul 6, 2008 4:55 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Post here if you have a picture or a vague memory of an Anime or an Anime Character but don't know the title/name of the Anime/Character. We will try to help you out.

If someone posted a picture/whatever and you cannot help that person, please refrain from posting.

This is supposed to be a help topic, no spam game. So stupid spam posts will be deleted.

KinetaNov 1, 2010 5:32 PM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (197) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 6, 2008 9:43 AM
Jun 2008

I came across this picture on google images and was wondering which anime is it from

Thanks in advance,
Testzor
Jul 6, 2008 9:47 AM

Apr 2008
Jul 6, 2008 1:15 PM

Feb 2008
Can someone tell me where this and this are from? I've been wondering for a long time...

The last two are from the same manga.
Jul 6, 2008 1:20 PM

Jun 2007
The art looks like Uzumaki's author, Junji Ito. Maybe it's this manga http://myanimelist.net/manga.php?id=909
Jul 6, 2008 1:22 PM

May 2008
The first one is from Sketchbook ~full color'S~
Jul 6, 2008 4:19 PM

Jul 2007
Testzor said:

I came across this picture on google images and was wondering which anime is it from

Thanks in advance,
Testzor

Looks like Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle to me.
Jul 6, 2008 4:39 PM

Feb 2008
not sure if she's actually from an anime/manga or not. but thought i'd check to see if anyone knew.
Jul 6, 2008 5:21 PM

Jul 2007
jacobpaige said:
not sure if she's actually from an anime/manga or not. but thought i'd check to see if anyone knew.

The best I could find about that picture was a German fanfiction manga describing her as "Hakashi Mayu, neighbor of Joey" from Yu Gi Oh. I couldn't find anything about her outside of that fanfiction, though. I'm not sure how accurate that information is, but it might help.
Jul 6, 2008 8:33 PM

May 2008
I've got two.
First of all (and I'm being dead serious) WTF is this?

And I'd like to know what this is from.
Jul 6, 2008 8:37 PM

Nov 2007
Kikku said:

And I'd like to know what this is from.

That's from the eroge, Inakoi.
Jul 6, 2008 8:55 PM

Jul 2007
I have a lot that I was curious about. One batch for now.

Clarified as Ciel from Tsukihime

Nadesico fanart?

Clarified as Yoriko from Da Capo

Clarfied as Kitazato Shigure & Yukizuki Sumino from Snow

Clarified as Yuki from Suigetsu

WalterJul 7, 2008 1:39 PM
Jul 6, 2008 9:03 PM

Nov 2007
Walter: First one is Ciel from Tsukihime. Last one is from a game, which I forget, but her name is Yuki. I'm pretty sure.
Jul 6, 2008 9:06 PM

Nov 2007
Walter said:

Yoriko from Da Capo.
Jul 6, 2008 9:19 PM

Feb 2008
Phyleron said:
jacobpaige said:

The best I could find about that picture was a German fanfiction manga describing her as "Hakashi Mayu, neighbor of Joey" from Yu Gi Oh. I couldn't find anything about her outside of that fanfiction, though. I'm not sure how accurate that information is, but it might help.
Jul 6, 2008 9:56 PM

Mar 2007
Kikku said:
I've got two.
First of all (and I'm being dead serious) WTF is this?

Night Shift Nurses.
Jul 6, 2008 10:13 PM
Nov 2007
how many people do you think will try and slyly use this to cheat for the Name This Anime game? Dx

anyways;

anyone know?
Jul 6, 2008 11:05 PM

Jun 2008
crowslayer91 said:
how many people do you think will try and slyly use this to cheat for the Name This Anime game? Dx

anyways;

anyone know?

i wanna say either sailor moon or inuyasha...i remember there being a "wcdonald's" in one of them, i just can't remember which is was lol.
cyruzJul 7, 2008 1:55 AM
Jul 7, 2008 12:08 AM

Sep 2007
^that would be from the creater of Uzumaki manga Ito, Junji called Gyo- a walking fish horror manga, though it was more of a comedy for me. i laughed my way through both the volumes
Jul 7, 2008 12:16 AM

May 2007
Anyone know where this gif is from?

Jul 7, 2008 12:21 AM
May 2008
acdc123 said:
^that would be from the creater of Uzumaki manga Ito, Junji called Gyo- a walking fish horror manga, though it was more of a comedy for me. i laughed my way through both the volumes

That does NOT look like a horror to me lol
Jul 7, 2008 12:25 AM

Jul 2007
ChiBuki: Don't know why I know this, but its from Girls Bravo. Specific scene on youtube.

Also thanks kasumisama, Asako & Iri.
Jul 7, 2008 12:47 AM

Jun 2007
Walter said:

From a game called Snow. There's no anime adaptation. I think I read somewhere that it's similar to Kanon.

ChiBuki said:
Anyone know where this gif is from?

Girls Bravo I think. Not 100% sure. Extremely late on this one.
kyroriJul 7, 2008 12:54 AM

?_? || Mo <3: squrrriles kidnapped her let's eat theree nuts || ♪♫♪
Jul 7, 2008 12:52 AM

Feb 2008
Belome said:
Can someone tell me where this and this are from? I've been wondering for a long time...

The last two are from the same manga.

Retsu-kun got this exactly right. It is the horror/gore manga "Gyo" by Junji Ito(at least the original art is, no idea about that translation =P).
4sakenJul 7, 2008 12:59 AM
Jul 7, 2008 1:35 AM

Oct 2007
Iri said:
Walter said:

I've seen this image floating around on the web for 5 or so years now with no origin given. My best guess, based on the general character appearance, the ears, the text about Mars to the side, and the logo below her neck that looks almost like one from Nergal, is that this is some type of very nice fanart based in some degree on the Nadesico: Prince of Darkness movie.
That looks nothing like the nergal logo, the eye color is wrong, and if you read the whole thing, you'd know that it isn't relevant to Nadesico whatsoever, aside from the Mars part.
Jul 7, 2008 1:56 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I deleted and edited some posts. This is supposed to be a help topic, no spam game. So don't turn it into one.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 7, 2008 7:51 AM

Feb 2008
I finally found the two pictures i really wanted to know where they are from

Jul 7, 2008 7:52 AM

Apr 2007
Shakugan no Shana and Sumomomo Momomo

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jul 7, 2008 7:55 AM

Feb 2008
tainteddonut said:
Shakugan no Shana and Sumomomo Momomo

My,that was a quick one.Thankies ^^
Jul 7, 2008 8:32 AM

Apr 2007
llxwarbirdxll said:
Iri said:
Walter said:

I've seen this image floating around on the web for 5 or so years now with no origin given. My best guess, based on the general character appearance, the ears, the text about Mars to the side, and the logo below her neck that looks almost like one from Nergal, is that this is some type of very nice fanart based in some degree on the Nadesico: Prince of Darkness movie.
That looks nothing like the nergal logo, the eye color is wrong, and if you read the whole thing, you'd know that it isn't relevant to Nadesico whatsoever, aside from the Mars part.

If I'd known a Nadesico fan was going to read this, I would have added more detail in my reasoning from the start.

Well, I did misspeak on the logo -- that's (to me, at least) reminiscent of Nergal's actual Nadesico logo painted on the side of the ship rather than that of Nergal itself. Maybe it's a future stylized version or just different enough not to get them sued -- who knows. No, it doesn't look like it precisely, but I still think they're not dissimilar. The eye color was definitely wrong, but since I figured the character was supposed to be some future version of genetic enhancement, the author just made them look how they wanted (a rather convenient exception, I know -- this was the aspect of the picture that troubled me the most.) As far as the text goes, I did read it, but any attentive viewing of anime will tell you that whenever they need English on a particular topic, some Japanese creators will pull blocks of semi-related text out of the blue with only tangential relation (q.v., newspapers, personnel reports, etc.) The actual irrelevance of the "article" save for the Mars part is actually what persuaded me that it was not added later but a Japanese original somehow hinting at the character.

Of course, it's all entirely speculative and stretching as stated earlier. One could argue that the binary in the lower corner represents their ability to control the ships and it would be no better than an argument that it suggests a .hack origin for the picture. It could very well be a completely original idea or part of some other franchise. I just thought it was coincidental. If anyone knows for certain I'd love to have an answer on this one too.
IriJul 7, 2008 9:15 AM
Jul 7, 2008 9:12 AM
May 2007
I would like to know who these musicians are from Nostromo's Magic Pad. To make things easier here's a list of all the titles used in the AMV:

Jul 7, 2008 9:45 AM

Apr 2007
Zarin said:
I would like to know who these musicians are from Nostromo's Magic Pad.

They're from the first DJMAX video game for PSP. You can see the animation the shot was taken from at the official site here:
http://penta.junehost.com/DJMAX1/
Jul 7, 2008 10:21 AM
May 2007
Iri said:
They're from the first DJMAX video game for PSP. You can see the animation the shot was taken from at the official site here:
http://penta.junehost.com/DJMAX1/

Thanks much. <3
Jul 7, 2008 11:48 AM

Oct 2007
Iri said:
Well, I did misspeak on the logo -- that's (to me, at least) reminiscent of Nergal's actual Nadesico logo painted on the side of the ship rather than that of Nergal itself. Maybe it's a future stylized version or just different enough not to get them sued -- who knows. No, it doesn't look like it precisely, but I still think they're not dissimilar. The eye color was definitely wrong, but since I figured the character was supposed to be some future version of genetic enhancement, the author just made them look how they wanted (a rather convenient exception, I know -- this was the aspect of the picture that troubled me the most.) As far as the text goes, I did read it, but any attentive viewing of anime will tell you that whenever they need English on a particular topic, some Japanese creators will pull blocks of semi-related text out of the blue with only tangential relation (q.v., newspapers, personnel reports, etc.) The actual irrelevance of the "article" save for the Mars part is actually what persuaded me that it was not added later but a Japanese original somehow hinting at the character.

Of course, it's all entirely speculative and stretching as stated earlier. One could argue that the binary in the lower corner represents their ability to control the ships and it would be no better than an argument that it suggests a .hack origin for the picture. It could very well be a completely original idea or part of some other franchise. I just thought it was coincidental. If anyone knows for certain I'd love to have an answer on this one too.
After thinking about it for a while, it could be original artwork, or maybe even fanart, with the logo just being a mock up of the other ship's logos, using the Nadesico's as a base.
Jul 7, 2008 12:37 PM

Feb 2008
Anyone know where these 2 are from?-

Jul 7, 2008 12:41 PM

Dec 2007
Sephor said:
Anyone know where these 2 are from?-

This one is from Mahou Sensei Negima or could be Negima!? which was the alternative version.

Edit: The second is also but not sure.
Raitou-Jul 7, 2008 12:50 PM
Jul 7, 2008 12:56 PM

Feb 2008
ptdragon21 said:

This one is from Mahou Sensei Negima or could be Negima!? which was the alternative version.

Edit: The second is also but not sure.

Ahh ok thanks alot^^.
Jul 7, 2008 2:30 PM

Oct 2006
Its most likely MS Negima, the original, because of the animation. And I think your 2nd pic is the Class Rep person from the same anime.
Jul 7, 2008 8:56 PM

Jul 2007
Thanks mqf
Now for another batch. Most of these girls look the same.

Clarified as Komachi Tsugumi from Ever17 -the out of infinity-

WalterJul 8, 2008 2:18 PM
Jul 7, 2008 9:50 PM

Jun 2007
Walter said:
Thanks mqf

Komachi Tsugumi from a visual novel called Ever17 -the out of infinity-. I heard it's good.

The 5th looks a bit familiar to me, I remember seeing a pic with the same girl or uniform I think, but I don't know exactly where. Looks like it's from a visual novel though.

Jul 8, 2008 6:59 AM

Sep 2007
Walter said:
Thanks mqf

Looks like fanart for Jigoku Shoujo
Jul 8, 2008 8:15 AM

Feb 2008

Is she a character or just a fanart?
Jul 8, 2008 8:23 AM

Nov 2007
YoYosalzi said:

She's from a game. I'm thinking Puni Puni Handmaid... but she doesn't appear in my CGs, but I know it's an eroge. >.> Trying to remember which one, will reply later after digging through images, if somebody else hasn't yet.
Jul 8, 2008 8:42 AM

Sep 2007
this one:

and I remember watching this on TV a couple of years ago. It is about a girl with brown hair that lives in the countryside with two brothers and a father. Then one of her brothers disappear on one of his expeditions. The girl recieves a necklace which contains a blue powder. She then goes on a journey to find her brother and to solve the mystery with the powder. What show is this?
TelnariJul 8, 2008 8:49 AM
Jul 8, 2008 9:46 AM

Jun 2007
Asako said:
YoYosalzi said:

She's from a game. I'm thinking Puni Puni Handmaid... but she doesn't appear in my CGs, but I know it's an eroge. >.> Trying to remember which one, will reply later after digging through images, if somebody else hasn't yet.

Yup, she's from a game called Pure Pure Mimi to Shippo no Monogatari (Pure Pure The Story of Ears and Tails). Pretty sure that's Hinata.

Jul 8, 2008 10:02 AM

Nov 2007
mqf said:

Yup, she's from a game called Pure Pure Mimi to Shippo no Monogatari (Pure Pure The Story of Ears and Tails). Pretty sure that's Hinata.

Right, Pure Pure, not Puni Puni. :D I knew it was one of those.
Jul 8, 2008 11:18 AM

Feb 2008
Thanks both of you ^^I really appreciate the help
And my last question,who are these three guys,and especially the last two?

Edit:Fixed the tag.
Yousei-tanJul 8, 2008 11:37 AM
Jul 8, 2008 11:35 AM

Jul 2006
YoYosalzi said:
Thanks both of you ^^I really appreciate the help

Close your tags. :P

YoYosalzi said:
Kionniko said:
Finally i can help.Yachiru from Bleach.

I knew that, I was trying to fix link to your image.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2008 11:58 AM

Aug 2007
Hello everyone!

I saw a fan made OVA with a great music and there was an anime in it which I would really like to watch however I don't know it's name. Cuold you help me out?

You can download the video from here: http://www.nostro.fr/auriga , the first link.

And the anime in question is played from: 2:38 to: 2:46 (and some other parts too)

From it's great graphic, I believe it is some kind of movie... Please post it's name here

Thank you in advance
Jul 8, 2008 2:08 PM

Jul 2007
Again thanks mqf

Technic: I really didn't want to wait hours to download that video,so is this the same AMV? If it is then the answer is ef - the latter tale.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (197) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - 13 minutes ago

2 by deg »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - Apr 23

40 by deg »»
4 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

228 by KeyiOs »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » whats the severity of social stigma for anime and its fans now a days?

deg - 22 minutes ago

2 by deg »»
10 minutes ago

» Advertise your favorite anime

Tannenbusch - 52 minutes ago

3 by NubFix »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.