Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 19, 2017 12:18 PM

Dec 2015
Lol even though he has caused the deaths of dozens of people the fucking faggot fainted for 10 days rofl!!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 4, 2017 8:50 PM

Jul 2017
The confrontation between Vash and the angry guy made me cry. It reminded me of something that happened between my uncle and me. In both scenarios, the other person (angry guy and my uncle) were being cruel, but they weren't wrong in what they believed either. That's a big part of this show. I'm glad that Vash snapped out of his depression; it was exactly what Legato wanted, and now he has thrown those evil wishes back to Legato's evil spirit. I'm sad that it seems that Millie and Meryl will not see Vash again. I have a feeling that he won't come back from his saving Knives.
Dec 7, 2017 11:47 AM

May 2016
Amazing episode I loved how she helped Vash and made herself useful.
May 22, 2019 4:40 PM

Jul 2016
He changed his ways again? lol
May 22, 2019 4:41 PM

Jul 2016
Good episode tbh, one more episode until the finale.
May 28, 2019 8:55 AM
Apr 2016
Ouch, Vash sunk in quite some depression, mentally he was destroyed. Meryl's sweet love for Vash saved him though, luckily. A little disappointed by the last part though, "save him" yeah...that won't happen.
Sep 4, 2019 12:40 PM

Apr 2013
Buildup episode, Vash continues to behave like a wuss.
Apr 16, 2020 10:47 PM

Aug 2018
Perfect episode before the finale, Vash really suffered too much for things that are not his fault
Jun 6, 2020 1:23 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This was a good development episode from Vash's part. I never realized how similar in looks Rem and Meryl are until they laid them up atop of each other.
Aug 6, 2020 10:01 AM

May 2016
Vash was a completely broken man but it was thanks to Meryl's love and deep understanding of him and his regard for his beliefs that he was able to find it in himself to go on and accomplish Rem's final request.

It's a little detail but I was very glad that Milly was able to have Wolfwood lend Vash a hand from beyond the grave. His main goal is to not kill Knives but it's very likely that he'll need all the firepower he can get.

Sep 29, 2020 1:59 PM

Dec 2007
pretty episode weak, it just felt like they needed to build-up vash determination for the confrontation.

from some reason the translation i have decide some meaning if itself, and i hope it won't be wrong about the real meaning of the anime...

so vash see in meryl rem? i guess it's make sense...
Oct 2, 2020 8:07 PM
May 2020
Wow, I get this episode and the last one fused in my memory. Anyhow, this was a pretty great resolution to the relationship between the two girls and Vash. And, we end it out with the ICONIC picture of Vash walking into the desert with a metal cross strapped to his back.
Mar 7, 2021 12:53 PM

Jun 2015
Meryl was out of character when she was talking like Rem. So Vash is either going to try convince Knives not to be evil, or maybe simply disable him, which I am sure is not that simple.
Apr 13, 2021 3:28 PM

Sep 2017
This episode was amazing. I loved the subtle allusions to Christianity embedded throughout. After failing to uphold his own moral consciousness (sinning) he must accept that his own power cannot abdicate his failure, rather he must continue to pursue what he knows is true. The episode ends with Vash taking up his cross representing Vash's transition from trying to be a quazi-savior figure (despite bringing misfortune everywhere he ventures) to a moreso believer-type. He must finish his mission to save Knives in order to justify Nicholas' death, hence bringing his memento with him. Such a poetic and beautiful episode the finale will be great
Sep 13, 2021 3:03 PM

May 2019
Wow, Vash waking up and realizing that he committed murder of his own free will. That poor man.

I love how the gals take the lead here and care for him.
Meryl cooking and tending Vash's wounds. (And working in a maid cafe? lol)
Milly digging a well. This quote was priceless:
"By keeping busy I don't have time to think about my problems. In fact, I don't think about anything at all!"

Meryl Knew the song and said the exact same things Rem said. She quoted her basically. Interesting.
Dec 29, 2021 9:12 AM
Nov 2020
Atleast break the bones of the people who made you suffer if you don't wanna kill just like batman like DAMN! That shit pissing me off
Aug 23, 2022 5:09 PM

May 2020
Man, I really thought Meryl was about to get shot there. I'm glad Vash learned something, but "saving Knives" sure sounds like a pipe dream at this point. I'm curious to see where things go in the finale.
Nov 1, 2022 4:59 PM

Dec 2019
This episode was really something, these dark depressing atmosphere in a mf Shounen, Vash really is a multidimensional character
Dec 8, 2022 7:28 PM

Jan 2020
The best part about this episode is them addressing how the majority of the population seems to still feel about Vash. How they literally were performing hate crimes on him, and were all too eager to kill him shamefully.

The worst part about this episode is how Meryl just becomes Rem 2.0.

But, at the very least, it was good to hear Milly say that line, "Of course it's heavy. That's because it's full of mercy."

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Feb 21, 2023 5:18 PM
Mar 2021
ep lindo, esse anime ficou por um tris de me deixar em tristeza profunda.
Mar 25, 2023 4:06 PM

Apr 2020
I don't think enough people noticed the parallels that Meryl just drew between Vash and Rem in this episode. As a child, Vash witnessed as Rowan was ejected out into space right before Rem could've calmed him down, because someone else stepped in to prevent a hypothetical outcome from happening. Then three episodes ago, Vash witnesses the exact same scenario play out beat for beat when Wolfwood killed Zazie right before Vash could've calmed him down, because Wolfwood stepped in to prevent a hypothetical outcome from happening. The episode previous to this, Vash was put in a situation where he was forced to pull the trigger on Legato to, once again, prevent a hypothetical outcome from happening. At this point, Vash had gone on for over 100 years having never killed anyone, holding out hope for a day where he wouldn't see this exact same scenario play out the way it always does over and over again, and that absolutely shatters him.

Then when it seems like all hope is lost, Meryl steps forward to calm down an enraged gunman and lower his arms, but this time no one stepped in, and Vash was finally able to witness the scenario play out that he waited 100+ years for. The gunman calms down, and no one dies in the end. Both the spider and butterfly are saved. The entire theme of this anime has been about whether or not it is right to interject the moment before a hypothetical disaster could play out. After all, Vash has been surrounded by disaster his entire life because of people intervening rather than letting things play out. To Vash, this moment might've been his one and only glimpse at a possible redemption for Knives.

And yet you guys are getting all upset that Vash was heartbroken over all of this happening, and are despising his goody-goody attitude? With that kind of mentality, some of you might just be rooting more for Knives than Vash without even realizing it.
Mar 28, 2023 9:00 PM
Mar 2023
Hopefully Vash develops soon.
RukzyMar 28, 2023 11:12 PM
Sep 1, 2023 9:15 PM

Apr 2016
The Meryl/Rem parallel felt a bit contrived but I just wanted for those guys to stop being a nuisance so it wasn't bad; Vash hugging Meryl reminded me of the first episodes when I was enjoying the show, oh well :/
Nov 29, 2023 8:02 AM
May 2021
Episodes from 23 to 25 was really good!
Dec 9, 2023 8:50 AM

Jan 2021
Nice image at the end, him walking with Wolfwood's cross

Vash is one of those guys that looks ridiculously cool, but actually isn't all that

His character design is on point but his character is way too much one-dimensional, he doesn't seem capable of feeling more than sad/happy

I wonder to what realization has he come to concerning Knives, how will he save him?
Dec 22, 2023 4:00 PM

Mar 2022
The episode was pretty emotional it’s great that Vash came back to his normal self at the end. This was essentially an episode to have him prep for the big fight with Knives. And I did like that even though Wolfwood is gone, Vash is carrying his former partner’s cross/weapon with him as a sign of remembering him. The way that Meryl defended Vash from the angry gunman was I’d like to think Vash seeing a little bit of Rem inside of her in terms of spirit I mean she really has come back a long way from hating him to actually being there when it matters for him.

Amazing episode regardless and what a way to wrap things up before the finale. One of the best episodes for me.
Jan 10, 8:51 AM
Feb 2022
This episode did everything right. From Vash's moment of calm, to Meryl's risk of being shot.

Spanish translate:
Este episodio hizo todo bien. Desde el momento de tranquilidad de Vash, al riesgo que corrio Meryl de que le disparen.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Trigun Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Aug 24, 2008

80 by CalmTeaTime »»
May 1, 5:23 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Aug 22, 2008

54 by CalmTeaTime »»
Apr 30, 6:42 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kie_ - Sep 7, 2008

55 by CalmTeaTime »»
Apr 30, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Aug 21, 2008

99 by CalmTeaTime »»
Apr 30, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

151 by Juan9207 »»
Apr 26, 11:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.