Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Aug 5, 2016 7:16 PM
Oct 2014
Wasabi said:
Still not seeing how the sensei was a slut or a whore.

1. The student's dad was unmarried. What's wrong with a woman fucking an unmarried man? Just because she's the kid's teacher? Oh please.

2. Aki wasn't raped. I'm pretty sure Aki could've kicked her ass if he wanted to. Pretty fucking consensual by the looks of it at the end of the episode.

Surprising how a show can get so much better when certain characters are completely omitted or shafted to a nearly non-existant role in the episode.

He wasn't raped cause he didn't fight back? You serious or is this satire? You may not know law but rape is far more complicated then that. Sooooooooooo by your logic a preacher isn't raping the children because they aren't fighting back.

Maybe I'm taking this too far, maybe I've seen too much To Catch a Predator.
Oct 10, 2016 3:19 PM

Apr 2009
hmh, this was a very, very, very heavy episode ^_^'''

i still wanna know about the fuckign rage from the first episode though, that seemed really interesting .w.'
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Apr 7, 2017 11:02 AM
Jun 2013
Sanguis said:
Daaamn, that village is full of assholes. So seki's can whatever they want without consequences? Bullshit, if someone sexually harasses someone else they should be punished.
I like Sensei, she was strong will. And then BANG! She gets it on with Aki.
And harhar! Aki isn't a bad guy afterall! Sure he went completely berserk but he was provoked so it ain't his fault.

Yeah, it's all the village's fault for letting this happen.

To me, I feel that those who have power, but do not have the “will” to use it, are worse than trash. In Kyōhei Kuga’s case, he was disappointing since he was a Seki, that has the “authority” to prevent such tragedy, yet his weak mindset allowed everything to happen and allowed the village to freely abuse Chihaya.

Obviously the teacher’s death was covered up by the village. If I was Kyōhei then, after the teacher’s death, I would find a way to expose the Village’s secret to the Japanese government and have the JSDF go and confiscate all the village’s precious “gods” while also shooting to death all who resist. Anime, like Code Geass, always make people invoke a sense of pity to innocent bystanders that get killed by military. In this case, I will not feel a single shred of pity if all those villagers get shot to death; they pretty much deserved to get shot for making life so hard for Chihaya and Aki. Barbaric primitives simply should suffer a bullet storm for creating such tragedies.
Sep 20, 2018 10:24 AM

Jun 2015
This is the first episode that I come to like in this series. It has turned better ever since they came to the village. Before, it was utterly boring.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 11, 2019 8:49 PM

Mar 2016
That teacher makes some awful decisions. I couldn't help but laugh when she revealed her student got hit by a car because she slept with his father, and then her whole 'revenge' thing. She's a ridiculous character who comes out of nowhere and sparks this whole crazy scenario lol. Not sure why the village would allow an outsider in at all if that's what life is like there, but it didn't seem all that closed off when Hibino was walking around...

As the super important 'revealing' episode, it felt pretty weak. It's tragic but in a very contrived way, like a bunch of scenes strung together to get the point across, as if it could have been anything else. The village is fucked up, but now it just feels absurdly so and not mysteriously so like before the episode. At the very least, I still don't give a shit about Aki, if that's what they were going for. Why have him admit to killing kids for no reason in the third episode if they're going to pull the sympathy card eventually? To be honest I just want to get back to the comfy semi-serious shenanigans with big titty Hibino and co.
syncrogazerDec 11, 2019 9:29 PM
Aug 8, 2021 7:25 PM

Feb 2014
A backstory episode and we got to learn what happened!

Sensei getting a bad reputation around the whole village after defending herself when Atsuhi assaulted her is really messed up...

...but not as messed up as her seducing a mentally-unstable teenager...wtf

Also, just because we saw Sensei with 2 guys this episode, that doesn't make her a slut...and even if we saw her with a lot more guys, it's not the number of sexual partners that's the issue, it's the nature of them. Like a student's parent, that can potentially be sketchy, and with Aki, that's a big NO. Also, granted this show came out a decade ago, but since when is being sexually liberated a bad thing? We're in the 20th century, aren't we??
Noodle070Aug 8, 2021 7:35 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2023 12:47 PM

Sep 2017
Wow the teacher rly through everything away when she raped Aki. Guess all the adults in this village are awful. This was rly an Aki highlight backstory. Kyoukei didn't really do anything of note. He wasn't even involved in the murder. He just kinda showed up for some reason. I guess he found the note idk? Kinda figured he'd have been involved given how nonchalant he was when speaking with Aki knowing he murdered so many ppl. I guess because he knows Aki only killed those ppl to avenge the teacher? Which also how the fuck would he find out because everyone that was there died. I mean I guess someone could have survived but that sounds dumb. It's more likely the Aki told him while in his cell I guess? Feels like a more important detail but it was just thrown out there.
Oct 4, 2023 3:20 PM
May 2022
By far the best episode of this series. There has never been this intensity and this tone of maturity before. We get to discover who the teacher was and what happened with Aki.
It's interesting how they portrayed the village: a bunch of close-minded people who don't consider women as human beings, basically, and who believe Seki can do whatever they want.
Still, the teacher sleeping with Aki was meh. But i think she was shocked by her situation and saw herself in Aki: alone and ostracized by everyone.
SamSama01rcOct 4, 2023 3:24 PM
Nov 3, 2023 3:36 PM

Aug 2017
We got the backstory alright, Sensei is not that good of a person as I thought, LOL she told Kyouhei to stay friends with Aki forever just because she slept with him,
Also I thought kyouhei was a badass when he was a seki, turns out he was a wimp,
They still didn't explain the flashbacks we saw in the first episode about Kyouhei holding Utao and dragging Aki while he was stained with blood and crying.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Still waiting for S2...

kari-ya - Sep 7, 2021

4 by Dekom »»
Nov 9, 2023 2:29 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Dolls Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xoraan14 - Sep 27, 2011

156 by Dekom »»
Nov 9, 2023 2:27 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Dolls Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

prismheart - Sep 20, 2011

83 by Dekom »»
Nov 8, 2023 2:10 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Dolls Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 13, 2011

81 by Dekom »»
Nov 7, 2023 2:12 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Dolls Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 6, 2011

98 by Dekom »»
Nov 6, 2023 2:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.