Forum Settings
Forums
New
You getting it?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 23, 2011 7:54 AM

Jun 2009
Damn man, makes me regret going on that spending spree just a little bit. I will be getting this at some point, though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 23, 2011 9:52 AM

Sep 2008
Installing my copy right now.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Aug 23, 2011 11:49 AM

Jan 2011
Jigero said:

Nice.

What is everyone else playing? I already got started on a stealth character, the game is looking good.
Aug 23, 2011 12:01 PM
Aug 2011
TauVa said:
Jigero said:

Nice.

What is everyone else playing? I already got started on a stealth character, the game is looking good.
im doing a half stealth half diplomatic character when i get it
Aug 23, 2011 1:23 PM

Sep 2008
So couple hours in, So far it's really good, presentation is nice, story is engaging so far, music is amazing, Combat is fun (though I threw out trying to be stealthy almost immediately, not the games fault just never been good at that kind of thing more of a run and gun guy which it's nice it doesn't penalize you for it, unlike MGS). I love the RPGish feel of it and the voice acting is great and it looks good (just don't get the yellow.... lots of yellow, I guess the future is yellow... and it's almost like the DEVs even think their is too much yellow or some thing because you will literally find buckets of yellow paint laying around, like it's some tongue in cheek joke ...) Oh and it's pretty hard if your not prepared for it, I had it on normal and was like "oh they won't that hard during the tutorial! I was dead wrong, I stuck my head out for two seconds POW POW Jensen dropped. Also the regen health is pretty much useless, don't bother relying on it, because the second you do a grenade is bouncing off your head.

Only grips, facial animations SUCK like really suck. It's just a set of animations the engine will kind of snap too, I don't even know if they where motion capture, I doubt they where though. Also the entire character seems to like jitter when they are talking so everyone comes off look like a robot faced crack head who can't look at anything for more then a millisecond. I know it's not a big deal but you seem to be talking to people an awful lot so it's kinda annoying, maybe I'll get used it it and ignore after a while.

Also Mouse Controls where alittle wonky but after some trial and error adjusting the mouse sensitivity and alittle getting used to it, I don't even notice it anymore.

And the cover system takes some getting used too, I had to switch alot of my crap around.
JigeroAug 23, 2011 1:29 PM
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Aug 23, 2011 8:37 PM

Jan 2011
Jigero said:

Also Mouse Controls where alittle wonky but after some trial and error adjusting the mouse sensitivity and alittle getting used to it, I don't even notice it anymore.

Yeah, I had to switch to a gamepad.

I'm playing on the "Give me Deus Ex!" difficulty, you actually feel threatened when you're being shot at, much more challenging than the first game.

In most games you end up blazing through enemies while taking 50 bullets to the face, it's a nice change of pace.
Aug 23, 2011 10:51 PM
Feb 2010
TauVa said:
Jigero said:
I'm playing on the "Give me Deus Ex!" difficulty, you actually feel threatened when you're being shot at, much more challenging than the first game.
Wow, really? You'd get killed in 1 hit in the first, how'd they manage to make it harder. Do guards no longer walk in patterns and thoroughly investigate noises now? This is sounding even better.
Aug 24, 2011 2:02 AM

Sep 2008
nerb said:
]Wow, really? You'd get killed in 1 hit in the first, how'd they manage to make it harder. Do guards no longer walk in patterns and thoroughly investigate noises now? This is sounding even better.

The Ai is kinda inconsistent. Most of the time it's insanely ruthless and smart, but some times out of no where it will do some thing mind bogglingly stupid. (like one guy just unloaded an entire clip of his pistol in to a tablet I wasn't even near.

Also what I like is that even though there is a cover system, there is chest high wall littering the entire area, It actually looks natural. Also some time there will be no cover at all and you are either forced to make it your self (movie boxes around, knocking over vending machines, etc) or you hope to go you have dead aim because being exposed for a second in a fire fight will kill you.

Guards still have patterns but they are kinda tricky, you really don't what will set them off, what worked on getting you passed one guard, might not get you past another. Or guards will change up their pattern a bit. There is like varying degrees of alert status too, like if they catch a glimpse of you, and then hide they will give up kinda quickly and alert will go away. But if you kill some one and leave the body and they find it alert will never go away until you kill/stun every guard in that alerted area. Though actually cause an alert can be beneficial at times. (like breaking up groups who are just hanging around or pull guards away from doors)
Aug 24, 2011 1:08 PM

Jul 2008
Got my hands on it a few hours ago, it's definitely interesting. As people have already said, it doesn't take a lot of shots to kill you no matter what the difficulty, but the cover seems to make up for it most of the time. Just don't go in guns ablaze CoD style. As for the yellow comment, I did find there to be lots of yellow lol. Kind of makes you wonder why the action prompts are yellow too, it's hard to see them in a lot of cases.

My main gripe is how slow the game goes when you are taking the stealth approach, for some reason they don't even let you use a lethal take-down without attracting noise. Apparently beating a man unconscious makes less noise than stabbing him. I haven't looked into all the augmentations yet, but I'm hoping there is stuff that makes the stealth approach more fun.
Aug 24, 2011 4:46 PM

Jan 2011
nerb said:
Wow, really? You'd get killed in 1 hit in the first, how'd they manage to make it harder. Do guards no longer walk in patterns and thoroughly investigate noises now? This is sounding even better.

Pretty much what Jigero said.

The only thing wrong with the A.I is that they're not that smart when you're taking the stealth route, e.g I opened a door while in cover, the guard saw and went to investigate, he didn't thoroughly check the room I was in and returned to his desk like nothing happened, so a stealth play through is a lot easier than going in guns blazing, the A.I is a lot better in combat though.

Aug 24, 2011 7:02 PM

Sep 2008
Defiance said:

My main gripe is how slow the game goes when you are taking the stealth approach, for some reason they don't even let you use a lethal take-down without attracting noise. Apparently beating a man unconscious makes less noise than stabbing him. I haven't looked into all the augmentations yet, but I'm hoping there is stuff that makes the stealth approach more fun.

Once you get a silencer and fully upgrade your hacking, your like the god of death, you can kill everyone relatively easily and never been seen.

Also gas grenades are awesome, I got locked out of this room and practically an entire army showed up to kick my ass. So right when they get into the room they start talking to each other and issuing orders. So I just tossed a gas grenade right in the middle of them, every single one of them stunned and I remained undetected.
Aug 24, 2011 8:30 PM

Sep 2010
The game appeals to fans of Deus Ex, not fans of Call of Duty style FPS or Mass Effect style RPGs.

And I love it. I loved the original Deus Ex just as much.

10/10 would aug again.
Aug 24, 2011 8:43 PM

Jul 2008
Cucumbers said:
or Mass Effect style RPGs.
I disagree, I think the game is more akin to Mass Effect than you lead on. The games are very similar particularly with the level/augmentation and chat system. Even the cover systems are slightly similar.
Aug 24, 2011 11:24 PM

Sep 2010
Defiance said:
Cucumbers said:
or Mass Effect style RPGs.
I disagree, I think the game is more akin to Mass Effect than you lead on. The games are very similar particularly with the level/augmentation and chat system. Even the cover systems are slightly similar.

I definitely see where you're coming from, however Deus Ex: Human Revolution draws far more from the original Deus Ex, which came out 8 years prior to the first Mass Effect. The augmentation system, leveling, hacking, all of it is very reminiscent of the classic Deus Ex experience. Skills are gone, but that's alright.

The cover system is the only thing I feel pulls very heavily from Mass Effect 2, but theres more to it in Deus Ex than just "hide behind the wall then shoot the mans"; cover is an integral part of the stealth gameplay in Deus Ex 3.

But I digress. They're similar enough on paper but very different in execution. But they're both great series, so it's all semantics anyway.
Aug 25, 2011 2:20 AM

Sep 2008
The only thing that annoys the crap out of me is, Why can you not hack robots and turrets on an individual level? Hacking the security consoles lets you control all of them, but the problem is the console is always guarded and attempting to hack it with out clearing people out is suicidal, but the act of clearing people out defeats the purpose of even hacking the robots or turrets, It would make alittle more sense if you could use take downs on robots and turrets where you can hack them individually.
Aug 25, 2011 8:06 AM

Jun 2010
I absolutely love Deus Ex, the sneak system is simply awesome, but i totally agree with Jigero, It would be nice to be able to hack turrets and robots individually.
Aug 26, 2011 6:59 AM

Jan 2011
evil_haz_come said:
I absolutely love Deus Ex, the sneak system is simply awesome, but i totally agree with Jigero, It would be nice to be able to hack turrets and robots individually.

Turrets maybe, 'cause they're stationary, robots I'm not so sure, especially the bigger ones.
Aug 26, 2011 10:01 AM

Sep 2008
TauVa said:
evil_haz_come said:

Turrets maybe, 'cause they're stationary, robots I'm not so sure, especially the bigger ones.

Think ghost in the shell where Matoko would literally jumps on them. it could be like a take down for the Mechs.
Aug 26, 2011 10:20 AM

Jan 2011
Jigero said:

Think ghost in the shell where Matoko would literally jumps on them. it could be like a take down for the Mechs.

Well I don't think Jenson is as agile as Motoko, and stealth is easy enough already. lol

Why does it use an energy cell to punch someone in the face? I understand the lethal takedowns where you use your blades, but the less-lethal ones bother me, if it's to avoid spam then they could have added a parry system to the guards that see you.
Sep 5, 2011 5:23 AM
Sep 2011
I'm getting it. Tempted to run the original now- but it won't run. Guess it's what happens when you put ENB and New Vision on a 128...
Sep 5, 2011 6:22 AM

Feb 2005
Aww shit, got it last Friday, this game is awesome. Didn't sleep until 9 on Saturday.
Jigero said:
The only thing that annoys the crap out of me is, Why can you not hack robots and turrets on an individual level? Hacking the security consoles lets you control all of them, but the problem is the console is always guarded and attempting to hack it with out clearing people out is suicidal, but the act of clearing people out defeats the purpose of even hacking the robots or turrets, It would make alittle more sense if you could use take downs on robots and turrets where you can hack them individually.
Lol, so far the elevator wait in Montreal is the only place where I've actually found hacking a turret useful.
But man, jumping on the mechs would have been awesome. Never tried doing it and I assume the Icarus attack won't really be enough to finish them off either. Still, some sort of takedown ability especially for turrets and mechs would have been awesome.
Invalidated said:
Why does it use an energy cell to punch someone in the face? I understand the lethal takedowns where you use your blades, but the less-lethal ones bother me, if it's to avoid spam then they could have added a parry system to the guards that see you.
The general idea seems to be that he's boosting his reflexes and strength to make swift takedowns. But I agree, it does seem a bit silly, since the actual melee takedowns look more like "normal" martial arts than some special super reflex cyborg attack.
Sep 5, 2011 11:21 AM

Jan 2011

I'm having tons of fun.
It's a bit sad that lethal takedowns aren't silent though. They look much cooler than the non-lethal ones.
> The Fellow MAL Users Social Link has reached level 6!
> Your power to create Forum Posts of the Anime Arcana has grown!
Sep 5, 2011 8:13 PM

Aug 2009
I'm loving this game so far. It has everything that made the first Deus Ex great plus some.
Sep 7, 2011 9:02 PM

Feb 2005
AHAHA, I knew paying attention to the scientists and their mails at TYM was a good idea.

Also, anyone been to the Sarif industries page? Quite nifty, with this hack from the Purity first freaks and all.
Sep 7, 2011 11:02 PM

Jan 2011
Baman said:
AHAHA, I knew paying attention to the scientists and their mails at TYM was a good idea.

Sep 8, 2011 5:00 AM

May 2008
Dear Deus Ex fans, I am not playing your game. Stop telling me I should.
ukonkiviSep 9, 2011 12:46 PM

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Sep 8, 2011 7:31 AM

Feb 2005
ukon, you're being crazy again, stop it.

Also, I just finished it...
BamanSep 8, 2011 11:15 AM
Sep 9, 2011 12:49 PM

May 2008
I wish that statement aimed at me didn't make me as curious as it does.
ukonkiviSep 9, 2011 12:57 PM

Sep 9, 2011 7:55 PM
Feb 2010
Ukon, you can live in your happy world where every video game is about a band of boys with long hair and big swords killing cute monsters, and twelve-year-old girls with D-cups, trying to find the 5 magical orbs that can bring world peace, or you can realize that there are much better games out there. Games with big guys with short hair and thick armor, holding big weapons, killing big monsters, and women with big breasts who are adults, trying to find the 5 giant weapons that can blow shit up.
Sep 9, 2011 10:15 PM

Feb 2005
ukonkivi said:
And why? Just retarded prejudice because it isn't made in Japan? If you care about interesting stories and characters, or even bother at all about RPGs, this is obviously something you should try, doubly so if you can get it for free.
But first of all, I'd suggest you go see a psychologist already. Seems like you need it.

Anyways, did anyone her actually sympathize with the Purity first nuts at all? because it kind of seemed like they wanted to make both sides somewhat agreeable, but I still saw them as crazy terrorist Luddites by the end :/
Sep 9, 2011 10:58 PM

Jul 2008
Baman said:
ukonkivi said:
And why? Just retarded prejudice because it isn't made in Japan? If you care about interesting stories and characters, or even bother at all about RPGs, this is obviously something you should try, doubly so if you can get it for free.
But first of all, I'd suggest you go see a psychologist already. Seems like you need it.
Although I personally believe it was a mediocre game, I agree with Baman. The game does have some merit and you should at least give it a try via renting or borrowing.
Sep 10, 2011 3:14 AM

Dec 2007
Defiance said:
Baman said:
ukonkivi said:
Although I personally believe it was a mediocre game, I agree with Baman. The game does have some merit and you should at least give it a try via renting or borrowing.

Ukonkivi has a voucher for this game, which makes this behavior double as ignorant.

Baman, how long did it take you to finish one run? (given that you will try other playthroughs with different characters)
Sep 10, 2011 8:18 AM

Feb 2005
Chavez said:
Baman, how long did it take you to finish one run? (given that you will try other playthroughs with different characters)
35 hours according to Steam. No different characters though, and the different endings were really just four different videos that you can easily get by saving right before the end.
Still, the gameplay definitely invites to replays, whether you want to make a 100% stealth or nonlethal-only run or just focus on different weapons and approaches.
Sep 12, 2011 12:50 AM

May 2008
nerb said:
Ukon, you can live in your happy world where every video game.

And fuck you and your shitty fucking video games and your shitty fucking taste.

I've tried to be nice and composed but I've had to fucking here finally and I can't hold it back anymore. Fuck you. Fuck your shitty games. Fuck all of you. I try so hard not to curse, it's not ladylike and all that and I don't like being this way. But God damn you piles of fuck. Fuck you all. I hope every video game company you love goes bankrupt.

nerb said:
or you can realize that there are much better games out there.

Yeah, mister "Japan hasn't made a single good game since the Nintendo 64". Fuck you and shitty taste you fuck. Coming at me with a bunch of half assed stereotypes to degrade anything I might possibly like.

FUCK. YOU.

Baman said:

And here I tried to be decent and assume you were being "that was incoherent and I think you're just caring too much what other people think again. Do what you like and ignore what you do. Just respond to the people on the other thread saying you should use your ticket you don't want to. Fuck off. And let that be that." And I felt so silly that my post sounded so insecure, long winded, and that you must have just been telling me "you're sounding silly, chill out and be yourself, stop caring so much what other people think and like what you like". But no, you were saying I'm being silly because I don't like your fucking and you and I are showing our true colors.

Fuck you too. You had some decent opinions. But you overall annoyed me overall. You always stopped short of saying something having me tell you off or say something against you. But not today mister. Even if you're a mod, even if you don't usually go overboard right now.

I don't just like Asian games. I like Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest. Oh, but it's okay for fucking nerb to say, "there's been no good games out of Japan since the Nintendo 64".

But you know what. After all this, I want to dislike Western games. I want to be a weeaboo about games. I want to say this and mean it: FUCK WESTERN VIDEO GAMES. AND FUCK YOU.

I'll just fucking pretend every Western game I like is actually Eastern and be on with it. Because you know what? It's not fucking retarded. It's like saying someone who prefers anime is being retarded and prejudiced when there's nothing wrong with it. You've said yourself that Eastern games tend to have different types of gameplay than Western ones.

I LIKE EASTERN STYLED GAMEPLAY AND AESTHETICS BETTER THAN WESTERN ONES. SO FUCKING THERE.

You know what? I really like the West. But fuck their video games. So fucking there. Fuck you. Fuck all of you.

And you know what? If I can't do that, fuck video games. I need a new hobbies. Fuck all my childhood memories of having fun with them. Fuck all that. I'm tired of this. I'm tired of having to explain why I'm not interested in a game that happens to be non-Japanese at an anime site. I'm tired of being told I have too much of a prejudice in favor of Japan or something when I like it.

You know what? I'm whatever everyone thinks I am about everything. Fuck Western games. Fuck them. You happy now? FUCK THEM AND FUCK YOU. Congratulations, I never talk like this. You earned it.

Sep 12, 2011 2:29 AM

Sep 2008
ukonkivi said:
nerb said:
Ukon, you can live in your happy world where every video game.

And fuck you and your shitty fucking video games and your shitty fucking taste.

I've tried to be nice and composed but I've had to fucking here finally and I can't hold it back anymore. Fuck you. Fuck your shitty games. Fuck all of you. I try so hard not to curse, it's not ladylike and all that and I don't like being this way. But God damn you piles of fuck. Fuck you all. I hope every video game company you love goes bankrupt.

nerb said:
or you can realize that there are much better games out there.

Yeah, mister "Japan hasn't made a single good game since the Nintendo 64". Fuck you and shitty taste you fuck. Coming at me with a bunch of half assed stereotypes to degrade anything I might possibly like.

FUCK. YOU.

Baman said:

And here I tried to be decent and assume you were being "that was incoherent and I think you're just caring too much what other people think again. Do what you like and ignore what you do. Just respond to the people on the other thread saying you should use your ticket you don't want to. Fuck off. And let that be that." And I felt so silly that my post sounded so insecure, long winded, and that you must have just been telling me "you're sounding silly, chill out and be yourself, stop caring so much what other people think and like what you like". But no, you were saying I'm being silly because I don't like your fucking and you and I are showing our true colors.

Fuck you too. You had some decent opinions. But you overall annoyed me overall. You always stopped short of saying something having me tell you off or say something against you. But not today mister. Even if you're a mod, even if you don't usually go overboard right now.

I don't just like Asian games. I like Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest. Oh, but it's okay for fucking nerb to say, "there's been no good games out of Japan since the Nintendo 64".

But you know what. After all this, I want to dislike Western games. I want to be a weeaboo about games. I want to say this and mean it: FUCK WESTERN VIDEO GAMES. AND FUCK YOU.

I'll just fucking pretend every Western game I like is actually Eastern and be on with it. Because you know what? It's not fucking retarded. It's like saying someone who prefers anime is being retarded and prejudiced when there's nothing wrong with it. You've said yourself that Eastern games tend to have different types of gameplay than Western ones.

I LIKE EASTERN STYLED GAMEPLAY AND AESTHETICS BETTER THAN WESTERN ONES. SO FUCKING THERE.

You know what? I really like the West. But fuck their video games. So fucking there. Fuck you. Fuck all of you.

And you know what? If I can't do that, fuck video games. I need a new hobbies. Fuck all my childhood memories of having fun with them. Fuck all that. I'm tired of this. I'm tired of having to explain why I'm not interested in a game that happens to be non-Japanese at an anime site. I'm tired of being told I have too much of a prejudice in favor of Japan or something when I like it.

You know what? I'm whatever everyone thinks I am about everything. Fuck Western games. Fuck them. You happy now? FUCK THEM AND FUCK YOU. Congratulations, I never talk like this. You earned it.

Christ are you on your period or some thing? No one is forcing you to play the game, nor did anyone force you to come in this thread to and act like an ravenous fanboy just validate your opinion and then go off on a manic rant just because "BAWWWW SOME ONE DOESN'T AGREE WITH MY NARROW MINDED VIEW!". Don't wanna play the game then don't and for fuck sakes you have a free voucher, try it out, it's not like you're wasting money.

this is just silly. Maybe you need a break from the internet, you're taking far to seriously.Go get laid or some thing.

JigeroSep 12, 2011 2:38 AM
Sep 12, 2011 2:34 AM

May 2008
Yeah, fuck you too.

And you know what? Fuck this game.
Baman said:
If you care about interesting stories and characters, or even bother at all about RPGs, this is obviously something you should try

If you believe that, explain it. Because it looks like trash to me. Not just call me a crazy weeaboo.

And I guess I don't like role playing games. Considering you've already told me jRPGs are shit and don't count as RPGs. That's the common opinion nowadays, why would it be wrong?

Baman said:

Oh yes, because I don't want to play Deus Ex I must be a retard who needs to see a psychologist. It's stuff like this that makes me want to be a bigot against Western games.

nerb said:
Ukon, you can live in your happy world where every video game is about a band of boys with long hair and big swords killing cute monsters

Yes, all Eastern styled video games are like this. Is that what went through your mind when you said all Japanese games after the Nintendo 64 are a pile of shit?

Yes, obviously that such a true. Because you're living in a happy world where every video game is about some ridiculous muscular guy who does whatever the fuck he wants and gets away with it.

nerb said:
and twelve-year-old girls with D-cups

OH YEAH MAN, THOSE WESTERN GAMES SURE DON'T LOVE THEIR RIDICULOUS EXCESSES OF SECONDARY SEX CHARACTERISTICS. NO, I DON'T LOOK AT MOST WESTERN GAMES AND SEE LOADS OF BODYBUILDER MALES AND PORN STAR FEMALES. NO FUCKING SIR. I'M SO GLAD THAT BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE WHAT I SEE OF DUES EX AND WOULD LIKE TO HAVE MY MONEY GO TO A GAME I'D ACTUALLY LIKE TO PLAY AND AM EXCITED ABOUT FIRST I MUST ONLY LIKE DEM NASTY YELLOW PEOPLE GAMES I MUST LIKE ONE SHITTY CARICATURE OF GAMES.

nerb said:
trying to find the 5 magical orbs that can bring world peace, or you can realize that there are much better games out there.

THE GAMES I DON'T LIKE ARE INFERIOR BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE THEM. JRPGS ARE ALL ABOUT GRINDING. OH HEY BEFORE YOU TRY PLAYING THE SHITTY WRPG I FIND TO BE A MASTERPIECE CALLED OBLIVION REMEMBER NOT TO GRIND, NOW I KNOW YOU SHITTY JRPG LOVERS LIKE GRINDING BUT TRY GOOD GAMEPLAY FOR ONCE. GOD GRINDING IS SO TERRIBLE BY THE WAY COMPUTERS ARE THE SUPERIOR SYSTEM THEY GET ALL THE MMORPGS. I AM COMPLETELY NOT AN UTTER FUCKTARD.

Chavez said:
Ukonkivi has a voucher for this game, which makes this behavior double as ignorant.

Oh yes, not playing a game that doesn't interest you is ignorant. People aren't allowed to have personal taste, that's ignorance.

You're god damn right I'm "mad", Jigero. I've been bottling up how much I hate y'all for months now and y'all just let the floodgates open. Enjoy my hate. Enjoy all my fucking frustration and anger and hate.

Fuck ALL OF YOU.
ukonkiviSep 12, 2011 3:00 AM

Sep 12, 2011 3:42 AM

Dec 2007
ukonkivi, I am obliged to ask you to cool your jets. As Jigero pointed out: you called this on yourself. Responding to it with the keyboard cruise control doesn't fit the new general forum guidelines.
Sep 12, 2011 3:46 AM

May 2008
Great, now you're using your mod powers to disagree.
Tiago97 said:
"You don't like what I like, and/or vice-versa, so fuck you!"

I don't care what anyone enjoy. I'm just tired of being badmouthed for not liking what someone else does.
Chavez said:
you called this on yourself.

Yeah, because not liking a game others like and telling them not to force it on you, calls for being called ignorant by a forum mod, and retarded wapanese who needs psychological help by an anime mod.

Absolutely not. That is ridiculous. Y'all fucking called this on yourselves. I've fucking had it and that was the last straw. I'm not playing nice anymore.
ukonkiviSep 12, 2011 3:52 AM

Sep 12, 2011 3:59 AM

Dec 2007
Out of the blue you start playing victim of populism in a thread designated for the game in question, and now you're going off at everyone without any relevancy. Take a step outside, please(temporary ban initiated).

I'm leaving this conversation up for other moderators to read, do not respond to it. This topic continues on trail here.

Baman, I didn't meant other characters as in actual people, but builds. I understood there's more ways to spec your character.
Sep 12, 2011 7:15 AM

Sep 2007
Lololololololololololololololololololol o u sily internetz

Was I the only one that kind of went the middle ground and did rambo and stealth given the chance? I did more stealth with non-lethals but I also delighted myself getting into firefights now and then.
Sep 12, 2011 8:43 AM

Feb 2005
Chavez said:
Baman, I didn't meant other characters as in actual people, but builds. I understood there's more ways to spec your character.
Yea, well, by the end of the game I pretty much had all useful abilities unlocked though. But I guess it could be interesting to focus on certain approaches, like 100% stealth and so on.
Wasabi said:
Was I the only one that kind of went the middle ground and did rambo and stealth given the chance? I did more stealth with non-lethals but I also delighted myself getting into firefights now and then.
Same here. After all, with all those awesome weapons like the heavy rifle and the exploding ammo revolver, it would be kind of sad not to have some fun with them.
Sep 12, 2011 12:33 PM

Dec 2007
Baman said:
Chavez said:
Yea, well, by the end of the game I pretty much had all useful abilities unlocked though. But I guess it could be interesting to focus on certain approaches, like 100% stealth and so on.

So you can spec a godlike character by having all abilities? That sounds a bit generic to me, then again, the original didn't have class specific spec bonuses either.
Sep 12, 2011 1:28 PM

Feb 2005
Well, by the time you're at the end, you will probably already have missed some of the earlier approaches requiring special powers.
Stuff like the hacking skills (except for the info thing, that's pretty usseless) are always useful, while more contextual abilities like smashing through walls are only really nice for a few areas and some optional routes. Then you have the stealth boosting stuff for example, which can be nice if you want to focus on stealth, or armour plating and recoil elimination if you favour shootouts.

Anyways, by the end I still had some four or five abilities still locked, though they were the least useful ones.
Sep 12, 2011 1:52 PM

Sep 2008
Anyone else love the crap out of the 10mm pistol when silenced, laser upgraded, and upgraded with armor piecing? Thing was the best gun in the entire game, then they just up and stop giving you ammo for the damn thing.

Also had no idea shooting Box bots in the joints hurts them faster, that's pretty damn cool.
Sep 12, 2011 2:04 PM

Feb 2005
Shit yes the 10mm was complete dope.
Really liked the Plasma rifle too, just too bad you hardly got to use it much.
Sep 12, 2011 8:14 PM

Sep 2008
Anyone else kinda rage when Dr. Reed basically NTRed Adam?

JigeroSep 12, 2011 8:17 PM
Sep 12, 2011 8:19 PM

Jul 2011
just got the crack working, this game is good, the city is amazing but the controls are not very responsive if i didn't had my gaming mouse, it would of been impossible to play.
Sep 13, 2011 6:18 AM

Feb 2005
Jigero said:
Anyone else kinda rage when Dr. Reed basically NTRed Adam?

Man, he should have bagged the undercover police chick instead.
Also goddamn Reed's new room was bloody creepy.
Sep 13, 2011 12:38 PM

Sep 2008
Baman said:
Man, he should have bagged the undercover police chick instead.
Also goddamn Reed's new room was bloody creepy.

Her or Malik.

I'm actually really annoyed I did all that bullshit to for Dr. Reeds Mom after I found out how much of a cunt Reed is.
Oct 14, 2011 8:12 PM

Jun 2008
Loved the stealth aspects. But the boss fights were so out of place. I died way too much for all of them before I just threw mines and grenades and it was over in like less than a minute. The "hardest" boss went down with 4 grenades from a grenade launcher (I picked the medium difficult setting for the entire game). It felt so lackluster. But it was either that or dying a bunch of times to kill him with style. Best kill was placing like two mines at a power source and "she" died virtually in one go, and had the brilliant chance to shoot "her" in the face too for the final blow.

I found a lot of augs useless due to how specific they are. There was barely any gas grenades/rooms. Barely any concussion grenades. Barely any locations where jumping meant death. Stuff like recoil + stabilization during movement is also pretty useless considering it really only apply to burst weapons or if you like firefights... which I don't.

Think I'll replay it just for getting some different weapons. My fav was the revolver. Pretty much one-shotted most enemies. Loved the sound of one shot explosions.

Which endings did you guys preferred? I chose Taggarts. :s
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» What was the very first video game you ever played? As well your first game console?

Kazeninjaryu1 - 2 hours ago

5 by rohan121 »»
37 minutes ago

» That one game that got you into JRPGs?

Kazeninjaryu1 - 49 minutes ago

0 by Kazeninjaryu1 »»
49 minutes ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3728 by DesuMaiden »»
2 hours ago

» Do you track Accounts you made online

ST63LTH - Yesterday

2 by RobertsahDHDA »»
4 hours ago

» What Are Your Favorite Games? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ZeroTatsuyaYu - Mar 13, 2016

288 by DesuMaiden »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.