Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Aug 26, 2022 12:32 PM
Oct 2017
I wanted Rin to accept the adoption,and it hurts me to see she didn't.
Aug 26, 2022 12:36 PM
Oct 2017
And Masako's situation...I mean, I don't know guys, in another situation I would also say she is evil because abandoning her daughter, but she did think in an abortion which was something responsible. What I believe is that she just should have been a little more intelligent to provide a good place for Rin if she was going to have her, like make sure she would go into adoption if Grandpa died, due to his old age, so Rin wouldn't end up in the limbo she was at the beginning of the anime with nobody who ask for.
Jan 24, 2023 6:14 AM

May 2018
Wow, that was a bit surprising how Rin's mother was just like that. I mean why?

Feb 5, 2023 1:54 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Personally I think Rin's mom is so multi functional in what makes Rin, herself. As well as what it is like to be young and a mother. We see that Daikichi life going on hold and needing to be stepped back. And as someone whose very adament on not having children myself. I can understand what Masako is feeling. She really feels autistic with how she's written. Determined, wants to do right, but doesn't have that emotional connection with Rin and doesn't know how to have that. It's really a good portrayl of her mom and honestly makes the story vastly more deep on what parenthood is for many people.

And I am glad Daikichi doesn't demonize her and actually defends that Masako does care for Rin, she's just not in a place in her life where she is able to reciproacte that motherhood. But also willing to draw lines about Rin making her own decisions. Overall nobodies in the wrong here, it's just different choices.

++Rin making curry with the knife she asked for is just, sweet!
Mar 5, 2023 2:27 AM
Mar 2022
Absolutely love it! Hope rin could see her mother
May 13, 2023 7:09 AM

Nov 2018
I'm in love with Rin's caring and soft nature!
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

May 26, 2023 6:52 PM

Dec 2019
This show is just too precious for words.
Jul 28, 2023 1:11 PM

Nov 2010
Damn, what an irresponsible mother Masako is. She's such an airhead too.

Now I have more doubts about Rin being Souichi's daughter. I think Rin is Masako's & her BF's daughter. But yeah, Souichi is lucky if he can still get it on with someone like Masako. She looks good enough for sex. Haha

The feels during that post-credit scene. Several episodes in, and this show has already made me tear up several times. I guess I still have some humanity left. Haha!
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 15, 2011

394 by gswelcome »»
Apr 8, 3:44 PM

» imagine

removed-user - Apr 3

10 by gswelcome »»
Apr 8, 3:40 PM

» Knowing the manga ending ruined how I see this anime as a whole.

go1d1eaf - Oct 26, 2021

37 by gswelcome »»
Apr 8, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jul 7, 2011

365 by astroreload »»
Jan 21, 4:11 AM

Poll: » Usagi Drop Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

HawthorneKitty - Jul 21, 2011

174 by astroreload »»
Dec 27, 2023 10:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.