Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 29, 2011 3:12 PM

Aug 2009
So lockout is over and a bunch of free agent signings and trades has happen this week. The Patriots got Haynesworth and Ochocinco which was a surprise. Now I'm wondering where my fave CB Asomugha would land? Hopefully not the Jets or Cowboys.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (31) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 29, 2011 3:30 PM

Aug 2008
And so, the evil one known as Bellicheat is still up to his old tricks.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Jul 29, 2011 3:51 PM

Nov 2010
UGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH i hate the eagles.
Jul 29, 2011 4:05 PM

Jun 2008
First of all there's no such thing as the 11-12 NFL season.....it's the 2011 NFL season....that's IT.

Being the SPORTS FREAK that I am, I demand things to be the way they should be when talking about sports.

Second of all, let's all fall to our knees and thank God, Jesus, Allah, Buddah, or whoever you want to thank that this fall/winter we won't have millions of Americans rioting because there are no games....

Third of all my FINS are taking everything this year, Reggie Bush is an excellent addition, hopefully we also get Kyle Orton....

Lastly, Fuck you NY Jets, if you think you're going to produce another miracle season like last year.....you'll be 8-8 and your bum coach will be on the "hot seat".
Jul 29, 2011 4:13 PM

Jul 2011
KyuuAL said:
And so, the evil one known as Bellicheat is still up to his old tricks.

I love the south park episode, where Cartman makes fun of the patriots in the Stand and Deliver parody!
http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s12e05-eek-a-penis

With that being said, hopefully my Rams can continue to improve this year. Sam Bradford has a shit load of potential. If we can get Stephen Jackson to put up some better numbers, we really have a shot at it least a playoff spot. (NFC West, is such a shit division lulz)
Jul 29, 2011 4:14 PM

Nov 2010
alexcampos said:
First of all there's no such thing as the 11-12 NFL season.....it's the 2011 NFL season....that's IT.

Being the SPORTS FREAK that I am, I demand things to be the way they should be when talking about sports.

Second of all, let's all fall to our knees and thank God, Jesus, Allah, Buddah, or whoever you want to thank that this fall/winter we won't have millions of Americans rioting because there are no games....

Third of all my FINS are taking everything this year, Reggie Bush is an excellent addition, hopefully we also get Kyle Orton....

Lastly, Fuck you NY Jets, if you think you're going to produce another miracle season like last year.....you'll be 8-8 and your bum coach will be on the "hot seat".

2 straight AFC championship seasons and your prediction is 8-8?? MMMhmm. There are regular season games in january.
Jul 29, 2011 4:17 PM

Apr 2008
SoFarGone said:
Now I'm wondering where my fave CB Asomugha would land? Hopefully not the Jets or Cowboys.
Eagles

Jul 29, 2011 4:23 PM

Jun 2008
Bostonblows said:
2 straight AFC championship seasons and your prediction is 8-8?? MMMhmm. There are regular season games in january.
The Jets got so many miraculous wins last year, they should've finished 9-7.

Also, the NFL is all about parity, even the great teams have a hard time consistently winning.....just look at the Colts, they've had the best QB for the last 7 years and only have ONE championship to show for it...

The Patriots are CHEATERS, the Steelers have a dirt bag who rapes every girl he sees...

Don't get me wrong, I don't really Hate the Jets.....I'm FORCED to not like them, being a Dolphins fan......around here you're taught to dislike the J-E-T-S.

In my honest opinion I think the Saints look good in the NFC and the AFC will probably go to a surprise team (I really believe that).
--ALEX--Jul 29, 2011 4:31 PM
Jul 29, 2011 4:25 PM

Aug 2009
I believe Holmes resigned with the Jets.
Jul 29, 2011 4:31 PM

Jun 2008
SoFarGone said:
I believe Holmes resigned with the Jets.

Yeah, you're right, I forgot about that, however They missed out on Nnamdi...

Also, I think they won't have enough for Antonio Cromartie.
Jul 29, 2011 4:39 PM

Nov 2010
alexcampos said:

"Missed out on nnamdi" wut?? That would've been the luxury of luxuries, don't forget they have a guy named darelle revis. "won't have enough for cromartie"....they were just throwing 12 mil a yr (ish) at nnamdi, what makes you think they can't afford cromartie?
Jul 29, 2011 4:48 PM

Jun 2008
Bostonblows said:
alexcampos said:

"Missed out on nnamdi" wut?? That would've been the luxury of luxuries, don't forget they have a guy named darelle revis. "won't have enough for cromartie"....they were just throwing 12 mil a yr (ish) at nnamdi, what makes you think they can't afford cromartie?

Mostly because there are other teams that would love to get him just as much as the Jets, it all depends on how much they really want to spend on him.

Yeah, I didn't forget about Revis, but Nnamdi would've been an excellent addition, instead the Eagles got him....

Also, I'm a little surprised, aren't you a GIANTS fan....or do you like BOTH NY teams?
Jul 29, 2011 4:51 PM

Nov 2010
alexcampos said:
Bostonblows said:
alexcampos said:

Mostly because there are other teams that would love to get him just as much as the Jets, it all depends on how much they really want to spend on him.

Yeah, I didn't forget about Revis, but Nnamdi would've been an excellent addition, instead the Eagles got him....

Also, I'm a little surprised, aren't you a GIANTS fan....or do you like BOTH NY teams?

Cromartie will probably end up in the 8M range, if he doesn't sign with the jets it'll be because of a bruised ego. I'm a giants fan, i don't really like the jets. You can be certain my jets opinions are 100% unbiased.
Jul 29, 2011 4:56 PM

Jun 2008
Bostonblows said:
Cromartie will probably end up in the 8M range, if he doesn't sign with the jets it'll be because of a bruised ego. I'm a giants fan, i don't really like the jets. You can be certain my jets opinions are 100% unbiased.

I see, that's cool, I have nothing against the Giants, in fact I'm still giving them my thanks for bringing down the CHEATERS in Super Bowl XLII.

I think you and me can at least agree that Boston does indeed blow...
Jul 29, 2011 5:00 PM

Nov 2010
As for my two cents for the giants during this frenzy, i just really want the giants to land stephen tulloch, i would be very happy. Asomugha would've been nice, but not realistic. I really don't like the whole plaxico situation, if what i hear (10M/2yrs) is anywhere near correct, i really don't like it, that money is much better spent on a LBer.
Jul 29, 2011 5:06 PM

Jun 2011
All I want from the redskins this year is at least an 8-8 season. too much drama in the locker room and is very hard to recover. Mcnabb and Hanyeworthless is gone, and now we just signed a crap load of players.

All hail the skin!
Jul 29, 2011 5:41 PM
May 2010
Jaconator said:
All I want from the redskins this year is at least an 8-8 season. too much drama in the locker room and is very hard to recover. Mcnabb and Hanyeworthless is gone, and now we just signed a crap load of players.

All hail the skin!

Start ordering your Andrew Luck jerseys because the Skins are going to be awful. John Beck...need I say more? You did have it right though they signed a load of crap players.

I'm sad to see Reggie Bush go but he won't be the savior in Miami and what the hell were they thinking going with Matt Moore over Kyle Orton? Expect a long season as well because that team will struggle to get to .500.

Carolina throwing around tons of money at some of their own players. They waaaaaaay overpaid Johnson who has had 1 pretty good year. DeAngelo should have done himself a favor and singed elsewhere because Carolina will be rebuilding for a few years. The only signing I actually like money wise was the one to resign Beason. He's a great LBer and was worth more than he got.

Once again New England picks up talent for nothing. It's like the people who trade players with them want them to go back to the Superbowl. If Haynesworth is even 1/2 the player he was when he got that big contract than he will help them a ton and they gave up shit 2 years from now. They will probably replenish those picks before then anyway with the way they treat the draft. Same thing with Ochocinco, they gave away basically nothing and it will probably be well worth the price they paid. He'll be plenty motivated and put up a pretty solid season.
Jul 29, 2011 6:01 PM

Jun 2011
Ambalamps said:
Jaconator said:

All hail the skin!

Start ordering your Andrew Luck jerseys because the Skins are going to be awful. John Beck...need I say more? You did have it right though they signed a load of crap players.

I'm sad to see Reggie Bush go but he won't be the savior in Miami and what the hell were they thinking going with Matt Moore over Kyle Orton? Expect a long season as well because that team will struggle to get to .500.

Carolina throwing around tons of money at some of their own players. They waaaaaaay overpaid Johnson who has had 1 pretty good year. DeAngelo should have done himself a favor and singed elsewhere because Carolina will be rebuilding for a few years. The only signing I actually like money wise was the one to resign Beason. He's a great LBer and was worth more than he got.

Once again New England picks up talent for nothing. It's like the people who trade players with them want them to go back to the Superbowl. If Haynesworth is even 1/2 the player he was when he got that big contract than he will help them a ton and they gave up shit 2 years from now. They will probably replenish those picks before then anyway with the way they treat the draft. Same thing with Ochocinco, they gave away basically nothing and it will probably be well worth the price they paid. He'll be plenty motivated and put up a pretty solid season.

Well I'm not gunna lie we have been under the .500 over the past few years.....
but I'm a die hard fan, and about john beck he never had a chance to start, so why the hell not. And i don't think we sign a bunch of crap players, decent athlete from different team, we just trying a different approach in signing players.
Jul 29, 2011 6:12 PM

Jul 2011
Eagles got Vince young too.

As a MIAMI DOLPHIN FAN (GOFINS) this season looks pretty bad but I'm glad the NFL is back.

I also agree with alex F@#$ the jets and patriots.The Jets will never win the superbowl with dirty sanchez.And Cheater AKA the patriots have Justin Beiber as their QB.
Jul 29, 2011 6:22 PM

Jun 2008
Ambalamps said:

Bush is NOT the savior but he's a good pickup that can help in many areas especially special teams.....which we need a LOT of help in that area.

Who says the Kyle Orton deal is dead???

We still want him, who knows we might still get him.....Matt Moore is nothing special but he's probably already a better choice than fucking Chad Henne.

Ambalamps said:
Once again New England picks up talent for nothing. It's like the people who trade players with them want them to go back to the Superbowl.

I don't believe Chad JOHNSON is going to do anything too special.....yeah Randy Moss looked great with the CHEATERS but that's because they have Beiber as their QB, he can make a lot of bums "look" good...

Blitzbolt said:
Eagles got Vince young too.

As a MIAMI DOLPHIN FAN (GOFINS) this season looks pretty bad but I'm glad the NFL is back.

I also agree with alex F@#$ the jets and patriots.The Jets will never win the superbowl with dirty sanchez.And Cheater AKA the patriots have Justin Beiber as their QB.

NICE....good to see another DOLFAN....c'mon man, have a little faith, it's been so long since we've done anything good, we're bound to have a breakout season sooner or later....

We have good players with Marshall, Bush, Brown, and our defense is still a good one.

That's the beauty of the NFL, any team can go from shit to greatness......I still believe we'll win one of these years....just gotta have a little faith.
Jul 29, 2011 6:30 PM

Jul 2011
alexcampos said:
Ambalamps said:

NICE....good to see another DOLFAN....c'mon man, have a little faith, it's been so long since we've done anything good, we're bound to have a breakout season sooner or later....

We have good players with Marshall, Bush, Brown, and our defense is still a good one.

That's the beauty of the NFL, any team can go from shit to greatness......I still believe we'll win one of these years....just gotta have a little faith.

Nah Bro I think I'm gonna pull a Ricky Williams and take this year off.We don't have a QB maybe the orton deal (if it happens) will give me faith but right no QB no playoffs.
Jul 29, 2011 6:34 PM

Nov 2010
When is the last time the dolphins were even good?
Jul 29, 2011 6:37 PM

Jul 2011
Bostonblows said:

You jerk.Atleast we have nice weather.
Jul 29, 2011 6:48 PM

Jun 2008
Blitzbolt said:
Bostonblows said:

You jerk.Atleast we have nice weather.

LOL....we also have LEBRON....oh wait...that didn't end that well. (there's always next year, or who knows what will happen in the NBA).

Anyways, Last time we were in the playoffs was 2008 when we miraculously won the AFC East.

The last time we were in the Super Bowl was in 1984 for SB XIX.

and the Last time we won the SB was in 1973 (SB VIII)

Yeah, it's been a VERY LONG time...

But at least the HATED Jets haven't been or won a SB either (not sine SB III anyways), so I'm not too unhappy.

....and like Blitz said we have good weather :P
--ALEX--Jul 29, 2011 6:52 PM
Jul 29, 2011 8:01 PM
May 2010
Orton's 1.5mil option is going through I think so it's unlikely he gets moved now. Matt Moore is terrible. Sorry to tell you lol. And you don't have to tell me about Reggie. I've seen him for 6 years now. I hope he does well, but he'll have a hard time being the featured back on a team with no passing game.
Jul 29, 2011 11:00 PM

Aug 2008
alexcampos said:
Also, the NFL is all about parity, even the great teams have a hard time consistently winning.....just look at the Colts, they've had the best QB for the last 7 years and only have ONE championship to show for it...

The Patriots are CHEATERS, the Steelers have a dirt bag who rapes every girl he sees...

Now, with a new CBA and how the FA signings are turning out -- the NFL's parity is looking to be getting an unintended reset. Given the Patriot's schedule and acquisitions --this is one scary team right now.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

Jul 29, 2011 11:21 PM

Jan 2009
KyuuAL said:
Now, with a new CBA and how the FA signings are turning out -- the NFL's parity is looking to be getting an unintended reset. Given the Patriot's schedule and acquisitions --this is one scary team right now.

Go Pats! 5th round pick for Haynesworth? Best trade for us in a while. And for a $100mil contract, he didn't negotiate very well because most of it is in bonus's, we pay him basically $6 mil this year, $6 mil next year, then he's due a $20.5 mil bonus. Realistically, no matter how well he preforms the Pats won't give him that, so he's a good 2 year rental.

And we finally have some personality in NE with Ochocino (going by his legal name, he didn't change it back to Johnson like he said he was going to). We all know this is how the AFC East is going to be :

Pats → Going to be good again with new weapons on offense and defense
Jets → very lucky wins last year, 11-5? They should have have been 9-7 at best.
Fins → even if they get Orton, they aren't making the playoffs, he's not that good
Bills → making progress, but they still suck

Btw, did anyone watch NFL network tonight when Asomugha signed? It was wicked funny when they were like, "The Jets are out of it, and so are the Cowboys", there was just an awkward silence..."then who's in the running...?" "We don't know" lol
Jul 30, 2011 1:16 AM

Jan 2008
Asomugha going to the Eagles really bites.
Jul 30, 2011 3:54 PM

Oct 2006
no where to go but up for Carolina so hopefully they can do something this year.
Jul 31, 2011 1:50 PM

Jun 2008
Great....just great....

Our "star" WR is BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Brandon-Marshall-on-diagnosis-8216-I-8217-ll?urn=nfl-wp4276

Kinda shocking, I never thought Brandon Marshall had a mental disorder...
Jul 31, 2011 5:04 PM

Nov 2010
alexcampos said:
Great....just great....

Our "star" WR is BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Brandon-Marshall-on-diagnosis-8216-I-8217-ll?urn=nfl-wp4276

Kinda shocking, I never thought Brandon Marshall had a mental disorder...

don't really see how it changes anything, the dolphins knew what they were getting when they traded for him. And call me crazy, but i really don't think the haynesworth deal is that great, there's a good chance the redskins would've just cut him anyway if nobody showed interest, that guy has been a locker room cancer all along (remember when he stomped on that guys head?)

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwxMRPTsYeo the 6 million that fat piece of crap is making would be better spent giving meth to recovering meth heads.
Aug 1, 2011 5:12 PM

Apr 2011
All I want is for my Packers to repeat! :D Though repeating is extremely tough.
Aug 1, 2011 5:52 PM

Nov 2010
Bostonblows said:
Cromartie will probably end up in the 8M range, if he doesn't sign with the jets it'll be because of a bruised ego.

Cromartie's new deal with the jets, 4 years, 32 Million. The CB market is predictable, but boy are they overpaid.
Aug 1, 2011 9:21 PM

Aug 2008
Oh by the way:

ME said:
WHO'S UP FOR A MAL FANTASY LEAGUE?!

Aug 2, 2011 8:07 AM

Jun 2011
KyuuAL said:
Oh by the way:

ME said:

I would, but sounds extremely tedious to keep track
Aug 2, 2011 5:38 PM
May 2010
KyuuAL said:
Oh by the way:

ME said:

This guy. Yahoo or ESPN?
Aug 2, 2011 5:40 PM

Aug 2008
Ambalamps said:
KyuuAL said:
Oh by the way:

ME said:

This guy. Yahoo or ESPN?

Fine with either, but y'know what? I haven't tried ESPN yet.

Aug 2, 2011 5:40 PM

Nov 2010
Ambalamps said:
KyuuAL said:
Oh by the way:

ME said:

This guy. Yahoo or ESPN?

ESPN plz
Aug 2, 2011 5:44 PM

Dec 2010
I just hope all the drama subsides with my hometown steelers or there won't be much reason to watch...harrison's foolishness, ward getting caught up in the fame, and roethlisberger has always been an idiot. still love the steel curtain tho, greatest football organization to grace the nfl's history books.
Aug 2, 2011 5:46 PM

Nov 2010
SerenityInFlames said:
still love the steel curtain tho, greatest football organization to grace the nfl's history books.

that SAME organization that turned a blind eye to the roethlisberger allegations? They sold their respectablity for wins in my book when that all went down, he should've been cut.
Aug 2, 2011 5:55 PM

Dec 2010
Bostonblows said:
SerenityInFlames said:
still love the steel curtain tho, greatest football organization to grace the nfl's history books.

that SAME organization that turned a blind eye to the roethlisberger allegations? They sold their respectablity for wins in my book when that all went down, he should've been cut.
i did say i hope the drama subsides. also there are no teams in the nfl who haven't sold their soul so to speak. you can look at all teams from one time to another and see shady crap. plus there are murderers, drug addicts, thugs and thieves on every team. professional football is in itself a blood sport for the bloodthirsty. it all comes back to the game at the end of the day. whoever plays it best still wins. integrity doesn't exist in pro sports. which is sad and the greatest reason why i lost interest after my football days were cut short by injuries.
Aug 2, 2011 6:28 PM

Nov 2010
SerenityInFlames said:
Bostonblows said:
SerenityInFlames said:

i did say i hope the drama subsides. also there are no teams in the nfl who haven't sold their soul so to speak. you can look at all teams from one time to another and see shady crap. plus there are murderers, drug addicts, thugs and thieves on every team. professional football is in itself a blood sport for the bloodthirsty. it all comes back to the game at the end of the day. whoever plays it best still wins. integrity doesn't exist in pro sports. which is sad and the greatest reason why i lost interest after my football days were cut short by injuries.

oh well, no more football practice!
Aug 2, 2011 6:31 PM

Aug 2008
SerenityInFlames said:
professional football is in itself a blood sport for the bloodthirsty.

What about mixed martial arts?

Aug 2, 2011 6:38 PM

Dec 2010
no more football practice? i assume thats referring to me?

lol anyway i don't miss it that much, i was good, but it isn't worth being paralyzed over for high school football :P glad the doctor caught my injury before i made it to a wheelchair from the next hit.
Aug 2, 2011 6:41 PM

Dec 2010
KyuuAL said:
SerenityInFlames said:
professional football is in itself a blood sport for the bloodthirsty.

What about mixed martial arts?

that just goes without saying, much like any type of fighting.
Aug 3, 2011 11:22 AM

Nov 2010
SerenityInFlames said:
no more football practice? i assume thats referring to me?

lol anyway i don't miss it that much, i was good, but it isn't worth being paralyzed over for high school football :P glad the doctor caught my injury before i made it to a wheelchair from the next hit.

yes; who could ever miss 15 minute runs and gasers and stuff like that...i think the only thing i actually enjoyed was the oklahoma drill.
Aug 3, 2011 4:26 PM

Apr 2011
Bostonblows said:
Ambalamps said:
KyuuAL said:
Oh by the way:

ME said:

This guy. Yahoo or ESPN?

ESPN plz

Yes, ESPN is more fun, and you can be more creative with it (extra bench slot, the leagues/divisions). Yahoo is still the best for having a Fantasy Football website that doesn't go under on Sunday though. (NFL is also great, for the highlight vids :D)

Fox sucks, the layout is ugly, the site goes down, it was hella buggy to boot, and I can go on. CBS was reliable, and it offered the best game and player analysis IMHO (last year), but it is boring and the bench is limited.
Aug 3, 2011 7:50 PM

Jan 2009
VioSlink said:
Bostonblows said:
Ambalamps said:
KyuuAL said:
Oh by the way:

ME said:

This guy. Yahoo or ESPN?

ESPN plz

Yes, ESPN is more fun, and you can be more creative with it (extra bench slot, the leagues/divisions). Yahoo is still the best for having a Fantasy Football website that doesn't go under on Sunday though. (NFL is also great, for the highlight vids :D)

Fox sucks, the layout is ugly, the site goes down, it was hella buggy to boot, and I can go on. CBS was reliable, and it offered the best game and player analysis IMHO (last year), but it is boring and the bench is limited.

I'll join if there's still room.
Aug 4, 2011 3:15 PM

Jun 2008
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-Crisis-Dolphins-reportedly-considering-addi?urn=nfl-wp4569

^Dolphins are thinking about getting Favre....

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at our utter stupidity....

Ever since Dan left, it's been QB Roulette for a fucking decade....

Every time they have a chance to draft a decent QB in the draft they fuck it up so badly and waste their pick on something incredibly retarded like Ted Ginn Jr.

Chad Henne isn't going to do shit.....Kyle Orton is not the savior but he would have been a MILLION times better.

I just don't understand how they run this team.....I never will, they seem to go out of their way of getting every player position EXCEPT the most important one.

--ALEX--Aug 4, 2011 3:21 PM
Aug 4, 2011 8:51 PM

Apr 2011
Meh_93 said:
VioSlink said:
Bostonblows said:
Ambalamps said:
KyuuAL said:
Oh by the way:

ME said:

This guy. Yahoo or ESPN?

ESPN plz

I'll join if there's still room.

I'll join in as well.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (31) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.