Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 24, 2008 3:20 AM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The hug wasn't like I expected it to be. =( The animation is getting worse with each new episode too. =(
Jun 24, 2008 7:11 AM

Jan 2008
It was an okay episode.. Like you said. The animation is just getting worse. D:
And it's moving pretty slowly.. But it's expected..
Jun 24, 2008 7:52 AM

Mar 2008
Not a bad episode, better then the last few. As everyone else mentioned, animation is going downhill :(.
Jun 24, 2008 8:39 AM

Feb 2008
the animation is definitely going downhill, it was so apparent in this episode. i feel the scene between kaname and shizuka was kinda rushed. i prefer the way it was in the manga. on the other hand, instead of flashbacks, i appreciate the action scenes between zero and ichiru.

Jun 24, 2008 9:50 AM

May 2008
The animation was kinda bad yes, especially the fight between Zero and Ichirou. Apart from that I liked the ep, certainly didnt see it coming. ;)
Jun 24, 2008 10:00 AM

May 2007
Ugh ugh ugh, bad animation. ;[
I think this episode was too rushed, but I guess they just wanted to get everything over with before the 'final' next week? :\
Anyway.... YAY ANGST! ^_____^

I still find it amusing to hear Miyano Mamoru talking to himself, btw. x3

Jun 24, 2008 11:24 AM

Jan 2008
mediocre eps, like the previous ones... Just hoping that the 2nd season will live up to the name of the manga...
Jun 24, 2008 12:22 PM

Feb 2008
Wow.. way to butcher a great manga chapter with horrid animation and rushed pacing. Good job, Deen. -_-;

What was with Ichiru's sudden jealousy streak? I don't recall him getting mad at Zero for gaining more attention from Shizuka in the original. Then again I have a memory of a goldfish so maybe that did happen. *goes to read it again*
Jun 24, 2008 2:28 PM
Dec 2007
Haha, weak plot and animation, inconsistent character development, what could be worse now ?

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 24, 2008 2:31 PM

May 2008
I cannot stand Kaname or Yuuki >_< Zero all the way!!

In any case, I haven't read the manga, but even I thought Shizuka's demise at the hands of Kaname was rushed. It seems like there'll be a season break at the end of next episode, so hopefully it ends off better than how it's been progressing.
Jun 24, 2008 2:45 PM
Apr 2008
where did the pretty animation go? =_+.. I just compared episode 1 to episode 12 on quality and omg.... despicable...
Jun 24, 2008 2:49 PM

Jul 2007
i couldn't differentiate bad animation from good animation even if my life depended on it, but this time, i actually saw how BAD it was @_@ wow. still, i don't judge episodes/series by animation alone so i'm okay with it. but this is the second to the last episode? @_@_@

i surely will wait for the next season. I WANT MOAR YUUKI AND MARIA KURENAI PLZZZ
Jun 24, 2008 3:21 PM

Jan 2008

kaname, you're so bad & nice at same way...

but how could zero did something like that to yuuki.. after all the things yuuki did for him

MY SIGNATURE

Jun 24, 2008 5:17 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
ugh....do I need say more about the animation....

This adaptation really need a new studio....I can't believe the voice actors/actresses actually accepted to work in this kind of poor seires...

Forget about the anime and stick to the drama CDs (same voices, way better)....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 24, 2008 5:42 PM

Dec 2007
Grrr...I just started to prefer Kaname over Zero last ep. Now it's switched again. Why don't they just gimme a clear message! >.< :P

But it was OK. Better then last eps! Like the turn in the stoy ^,^

Oh and bout the animation. I never saw it...untill this ep. You guys are right, one moment Zero's head looked like a misshaped potato >.>

~ Nola...
Jun 24, 2008 5:44 PM

Jan 2008
as for better animation,,,, i already lost hope on that one.. but it surely is sad how the killed one of my favorite manga :(
tsk tsk tsk

i just hope second season 2 will do a much better job

but that aside.. i think this episode is just like the others GOOD but not GREAT
lblsslxJun 24, 2008 5:48 PM
MY SIGNATURE

Jun 24, 2008 6:27 PM

Jun 2008
Baaad animation! How is this possible its worse than a gif... Cut the shit with the humans and switch to vampires... Amano and the blue haired hunter are the only things worth to watch... And the Yuuki at the ending song.... the real one is just too shallow..
Lol at Zero for his dramatic pose >:D

Kirameite, yurameite, aoki yumi, maihanatsu, hana mo-e yu-kuuu!!!
Jun 24, 2008 7:13 PM

Jun 2007
netoelgrande said:
Baaad animation! How is this possible its worse than a gif... Cut the shit with the humans and switch to vampires... Amano and the blue haired hunter are the only things worth to watch... And the Yuuki at the ending song.... the real one is just too shallow..

You watching the episode on Veoh, that explains a lot. Try downloading it next time since streaming sites like Veoh degrade the quality. Veoh not so much, but they still degrade it.

Honestly The quality wasn't "THAT BAD". It wasn't nearly as bad as the last few eps of Kure-nai. I, in fact, liked this episode even though it did feel a bit rushed. I haven't read the manga yet so I cant ridicule the production company for changing things like the rest of you cool people. All I know is, from what I've seen so far, it has kept my attention and kept me wanting more.
Jun 24, 2008 7:35 PM
Apr 2008
DeathfireD said:
netoelgrande said:

You watching the episode on Veoh, that explains a lot. Try downloading it next time since streaming sites like Veoh degrade the quality. Veoh not so much, but they still degrade it.Honestly The quality wasn't "THAT BAD". It wasn't nearly as bad as the last few eps of Kure-nai. I, in fact, liked this episode even though it did feel a bit rushed. I haven't read the manga yet so I cant ridicule the production company for changing things like the rest of you cool people. All I know is, from what I've seen so far, it has kept my attention and kept me wanting more.

Well as explained above I've compared the epi 1 and epi 12 of "avi" versions and yeah.. the animation degraded tremendously that it was literally despicable. At one point i was wondering "are they using some kind of amateur person to do sketches?"
Jun 24, 2008 8:00 PM

Jan 2008
as everyone has stated the animation was horrid
the second season hopefully will be way better
When Kaname stuck his hand through her it looks in my opinion not attached to him XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2008 8:40 PM

Jan 2008
netoelgrande said:

haha.. i thought i was the only one noticed that part.. how dramatic, zero
MY SIGNATURE

Jun 24, 2008 10:05 PM

Jun 2007
SonnyBoi88 said:
Well as explained above I've compared the epi 1 and epi 12 of "avi" versions and yeah.. the animation degraded tremendously that it was literally despicable. At one point i was wondering "are they using some kind of amateur person to do sketches?"

Ya but it's nowhere near as bad as everyone in here has been making it sound. I think people are overreacting about the quality big time. Also why is it becoming a trend to repeat what the person above you already said? When viewing this thread I've seen 4 people all say almost the same exact line "The animation is going downhill". We herd it the first time so why repeat it again and again and again and again and again and again?

Also I'm not trying to start a fight with the graphic zealots or take the show artist's side but the shows graphics really aren't all that bad.
Jun 24, 2008 10:30 PM

Aug 2007
Yeah I lol'd @ the dramatic pose too..that Zero..

Near the end when Zero is walking/running to Shizuka, he looked like Gohan/Goku..lmao
Jun 24, 2008 10:44 PM
Apr 2008
DeathfireD said:
SonnyBoi88 said:

Ya but it's nowhere near as bad as everyone in here has been making it sound. I think people are overreacting about the quality big time. Also why is it becoming a trend to repeat what the person above you already said? When viewing this thread I've seen 4 people all say almost the same exact line "The animation is going downhill". We herd it the first time so why repeat it again and again and again and again and again and again?

Also I'm not trying to start a fight with the graphic zealots or take the show artist's side but the shows graphics really aren't all that bad.

The first question of yours=Ask the audience.(they will most likely say "we are just expressing our opinion on a public forum. (which is totally ok to do so)")
The second question of yours=Ask the audience.(they will most likely say "because it was simply inferior to previous episodes, which were quite comparatively noticeable.")

And yes... I too was just expressing my simple personal opinion on a public forum nothing more/nothing less. Also yes I agree at the fact that there's no need for multiple people to bring out 1 single issue over and over again, but.. thats just the way it is in this specific topic i guess. After all, we aren't here to change people, and they do have their rights to address their opinions and if the graphic bothered them soo much that they "must" address that issue so be it. its just people expressing them selves. let em be and just move on (hoping for brighter forum mood anyhow rather than just complaints xD)
Jun 24, 2008 10:45 PM

Aug 2007
I knew the animation wouldn't be as great as I hoped.
Sadly.
I've read the manga....ever since it came out.
I absolutely love this story and Manga....but the Anime is seriously
killing me.

On a brighter side...Zero is being rather funny. Applauding and laughter is welcomed.
His dramatic-ness is hilarious.

&& I'm a sucker for those anime guys;;
Jun 24, 2008 10:59 PM

Mar 2008
Okay... I think this was suppose to be a huge drama episode, but i don't feel anything.

Shizuka's final speech leading into season 2 is a bit :S
Jun 25, 2008 2:25 AM

Feb 2008
Animation was terrible.
It's such a shame because the storyline to this episode was really good, I remember enjoying this arc in the manga.
I have to give credit to the music, there was a certain piece that really built up the atmosphere around Zero and his brother. So overall this episode wasn't nearly as terrible as the previous ones.
Jun 25, 2008 2:29 AM

Jan 2008
i didnt want shizuka to die even though she was the "bad guy" coz i thought she looked aswesome.. i nearly forgot to watch this episode today coz i was watchin some other anime all this time!!

Happy I remembered good episode.
Jun 25, 2008 2:08 PM

Sep 2007
hmm I am beginning to think they are purposely having the animation get worse... like some kind of novelty... that or they are just failure.

Episode itself was alright. I expected everything that happened.
Jun 25, 2008 3:45 PM

Apr 2008
I know I'm not the only person to comment on the animation, but if it wasn't for the sub-par animation, I would have given this a 5 out of 5. About 9 minutes in when the camera showed a close-up of Yuuki's mouth, I wanted to puke. Get it together, Studio DEEN! You're 12+ eps into the series and the animation still looks horrid. Oh, well, there's always the 2nd season. On the positive side, the plot twists were good and I cried

and
netoelgrande said:

Jun 25, 2008 4:35 PM

Jun 2007
uuuhum...
So, Zero's flamboyant pose in minute 20:50 has put him in my top 5 Emo kids in anime.

-_- I dun like him anymore
magentaanbuJun 25, 2008 4:44 PM

Jun 25, 2008 4:42 PM

Jun 2008
Like everyone else already said... Animation = BAD.... They srsly messed up the hair in this ep =/

And awwww Kain got turned down T~T

Sig WILL change soon~
Jun 25, 2008 5:03 PM

Apr 2008
wakka9ca said:
I can't believe the voice actors/actresses actually accepted to work in this kind of poor seires...

Remember though, most of the time VAs never see the anime they are doing voice work for. ^_~

I loved this episode. I haven't read the manga so to me it was intense as I had no idea what was going to happen. I do think that Kaname scene was rushed.

I'm not trying to pick a fight. I'm only expressing my opinion. I wish in these threads people would focus more on talking about what happened in the episode than complaining about things like animation. If I weren't addicted to watching this series, I would think it's a horrible show and not want to watch it based on comments I've read here. It's just sad these threads seem to be more negative. I'd be fine with comments like "I hated when Kaname did this" or "that Zero did that."

Just my 2 cents. ^_^
duotroubleJun 25, 2008 5:07 PM
Jun 25, 2008 7:11 PM

May 2008
Glad I wasn't the only one thinking Zero looked like a bad theater actor in that "dramatic" pose. It was the WTF moment for me in the episode. The theme of this episode seemed to be "ok. i'm JUUUUUST about to kill you... nevermind"

Oh and I agree with you, guy who posted above me. I've noticed the same thing in a lot of threads.
Jun 25, 2008 7:25 PM

Jan 2008
am i the only one that noticed that when kaname killed shizuka, the vampires noticed the smell of the blood INCLUDING the chairman? does this mean the chairman is also a vampire? i wonder!
MY SIGNATURE

Jun 25, 2008 9:35 PM

Jun 2007
Ugh. Awful, awful episode. The animation sucked, although I mostly just noticed with the action scenes -- Zero and Ichiru fighting made me giggle madly, as did the scene with Zero running down the hallway -- and the drama was merely laughable. I was cracking up during the whole thing over how lame everyone was. Zero and Yuuki's scene near the end was horrible.

The only highlight for me was the slight Ruka/Kain interaction. :3

This could very well have been the best episode. Instead, we get trash and poorly thought-out scenes.
Jun 26, 2008 8:12 AM

Nov 2007
lmao, all the horrid animation is everywhere, i lol'd when kaname whispered to shizuka (her ears were drawn way too big XD)
Jun 26, 2008 11:20 AM

Aug 2007
lblsslx said:
am i the only one that noticed that when kaname killed shizuka, the vampires noticed the smell of the blood INCLUDING the chairman? does this mean the chairman is also a vampire? i wonder!

I would mumble something but I think it would be a spoiler.
So I cannot tell you if he is or isn't.

Can't...say....anything....read...Manga.

-Falls over.-

Yeah, although animation is bad it should be focussed on the episode.
Then Again....if the episode did have bad animation and someone doesn't
like it and they clearly see everyone else doesn't like it.....yet they are still
willing to say something...perhaps it just bugs them. Happens to many.
Like those poorly drawn cats that make you laugh. Perhaps Leitao is correct,
their budget is small and which requires them to do their best with that, and then go
all out on the last one to hopefully draw all watchers back in.

Yay for Music, Yay for Zero being a funny but terrible actor....I do not
advise him to star in any play or musical. But you can go see me in my play
and musicals if you want. ;]
Just kidding.

Hmm..Also...poor rejected Kain. Okay I think I'm done.

&& I'm a sucker for those anime guys;;
Jun 26, 2008 12:04 PM

Mar 2008
Alright, alright, I submit to the bandwagon! The animation was shitty this episode, and the battle scenes even more so.
This won't change the fact that I still like this anime, only just a little less then recently.
Jun 26, 2008 2:00 PM

May 2008
why couldnt they just kill off zero in the beginning of the series? seriously...
Jun 26, 2008 2:52 PM

Jan 2008
RawrxAdrenalinex said:
lblsslx said:

I would mumble something but I think it would be a spoiler.
So I cannot tell you if he is or isn't.

Can't...say....anything....read...Manga.

i've been following the manga actually... and i remember a commnent made by

but considering this is an anime discussion.. i wont discuss the manga here
lblsslxJun 26, 2008 9:24 PM
MY SIGNATURE

Jun 26, 2008 6:17 PM

Jun 2007
Ugh the only reason why i was able to go through this episode is because i wanted to see the scene where Kaname kills Shizuka (not that i didnt like her, actually thanks to her it became interesting).
The poor animation really makes me wonder if they did it on purpose... such a popular manga, anime with bad animation, still popular... its like they're laughing at us.
Jun 26, 2008 8:23 PM

Apr 2008
Nice how it took like, three seconds to hill Shizuka, lmao. :|
Ugh, animation is horrible, except on some shots. Which is odd.
LMAO at Ichiru, though! What a queer!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2008 12:41 AM

Apr 2008
Picky people... I don`t particularly care for animation quality. I normally read manga versions of everything, but I feel that that would kill the flow of the anime because I`d know what will happen or I would get angry due to the knowledge of it potentially being filler. I like the way they are doing it, although there`s absolutely no way I could suppress my laughter at the pose. I`m sure if it was executed better and in a more timely manner it would have been somewhat cool? No? Didn`t think so...
Jun 27, 2008 6:52 AM

Apr 2008
I think everyone said it before but... ugh awful animation! >.< my poor eyes!
Placing that aside, this episode could be great if it wasn't for the hastened way they told the story.
I haven't read the manga yet but it feels like it is waaaay better than the anime. Hopefully the next season will be better

netoelgrande said:

ahaha I noticed that one xD Hilarious
Jun 27, 2008 7:04 AM

May 2008
OMG!! they took a great manga and turned it into something so worthless it will prevent people form reading the manga. I think the anime directors rushed into this too fast. I mean couldn't they wait a little while until the manga gets a little more developed.

Jun 27, 2008 3:55 PM

Dec 2006
I tried to give this shoujo series a chance, but wow it just fails on so many levels. Now I remember why I stop watching this kind of bullshit, it's like watching a picture book of pretty characters with corny lines spouted every now and then. One more episode to go and this Anime is barely going in any kind of grand storyline. I'll watch the last episode just so I can give this pos a terrible score.
リスト 。。

Jun 29, 2008 3:06 AM

Jan 2008
the animation is really getting worse.
hopefully, the second season is better. XD
Jun 29, 2008 10:22 AM

Nov 2007
Bah

Shizuka was by far the best character in this anime, a REAL antagonist who made the vampires creepy and gave the show the 'edge' it was lacking.

Liked the story in this episode, however Im not sure I'll bother with the second series, inconsistent animation, dubious character motivations (why oh why would Yuuki agree to help someone who asks her to kill Kanami?), irritating main characters (Yuuki again - she seems to exist for the sole purpose of standing in front of people with her arms sticking out) and a real identity crisis in the shows layout (is it a somber gothic affair, is it a shoujo rom com? who knows? who cares?) have killed a show that initially intrigued me.

I'd say that I'll stick to the manga but I find that pretty hard to follow...
Jul 22, 2008 6:33 PM

Jan 2008
Meh. Shizuka was killed off quite easily >_>
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

wakka9ca - May 1, 2008

75 by BhavyaPunia »»
Apr 14, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

chryseis - Apr 7, 2008

189 by BhavyaPunia »»
Apr 14, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kYem - May 19, 2008

76 by yukixkaname2 »»
Nov 13, 2023 4:17 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ohmiharu - Jun 30, 2008

137 by noa_moment »»
Nov 1, 2023 3:40 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jacut - Jun 10, 2008

102 by alteredsnow »»
May 16, 2023 10:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.