Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 18, 2011 1:41 PM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Poor Bison got obliterated without a second mention. Went from drill charge to hanging in chains on a statue instantly.

Wonder how Bunny will fare next time.
Jun 18, 2011 1:58 PM

Jul 2009
I found this episode a little underwhelming after all the tension that was building. Something about the pacing seemed really off. I still enjoyed it, just not as much as usual.
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
Jun 18, 2011 2:05 PM

Sep 2010
I also found this episode to be a bit lacking. I know they want to show the Heroes getting overwhelmed by Jake's power, but the one-on-one fights weren't gripping at all. And Jake and whatsherface are pretty bland beyond their outfits, which doesn't help. :\

Hopefully the next ep with Barnaby's fight will be better set up!

And noooes poor Kotetsu ;-;
Jun 18, 2011 2:09 PM

May 2007
I'm a little disappointed that one villain is so much stronger than the heroes, and the plot is playing right into his hands. Doesn't seem like anyone is going to try to covertly take him out or anything.

No sniper, gang up, Lunatic attack, etc? Where is Lunatic? Does he have an ulterior motive to letting this continue?

How and why did he let himself be imprisoned for this long if his power is so destructive? Who captured him the first time?

There are going to be a lot of plot holes if these things aren't addressed.
Jun 18, 2011 2:17 PM

Aug 2009
Sky High ;_;

Tiger fucks up yet again.
Jun 18, 2011 2:41 PM
Jun 2011
Wayero said:
I'm a little disappointed that one villain is so much stronger than the heroes, and the plot is playing right into his hands. Doesn't seem like anyone is going to try to covertly take him out or anything.

No sniper, gang up, Lunatic attack, etc? Where is Lunatic? Does he have an ulterior motive to letting this continue?

How and why did he let himself be imprisoned for this long if his power is so destructive? Who captured him the first time?

There are going to be a lot of plot holes if these things aren't addressed.

1. jake is not more stronger , just have a better power

2. Lunatic have his own problems , you know just being a important judge etc.

3. i think jake has a important weak point , maybe this is the reason ( mr legend could figured this and beat him 15 years ago)

4. oh boy here we go...just enjoy the anime!! stop being such a troll.
Jun 18, 2011 2:51 PM

May 2007
Elementan said:
1. jake is not more stronger , just have a better power

2. Lunatic have his own problems , you know just being a important judge etc.

3. i think jake has a important weak point , maybe this is the reason ( mr legend could figured this and beat him 15 years ago)

4. oh boy here we go...just enjoy the anime!! stop being such a troll.

1. A better power often leads to a stronger opponent. One Piece has addressed this issue by letting some characters use their "will" to negate the effects of the stronger powers. I don't think that will work here. Origami is clearly not a power fighter. Kotetsu and Sky High had trouble breaking through Jake's force fields meaning they can resist at least that much power.

2. To be determined.

3. Of course he has a weak point. Otherwise this would be a pretty devastating show to watch if the villain arrives and just kills everyone. I don't think they're going for that. I don't understand why he has powerful force fields, can potentially read minds, and is fast. It's too much. His speed may be a result of the mind reading, but reading and reaction are two separate things.

4. I am enjoying the anime. That doesn't mean I can't point out its flaws. I dislike it when people assume enjoying something has to include not being critical. Karas had plenty of plot holes and diminished my enjoyment, but as a whole it was kind of enjoyable. I just wish they would have a tighter plot for this since there is more room to explain things.
WayeroJun 18, 2011 2:56 PM
Jun 18, 2011 3:28 PM

Sep 2010
Wayero said:

4. I am enjoying the anime. That doesn't mean I can't point out its flaws. I dislike it when people assume enjoying something has to include not being critical. Karas had plenty of plot holes and diminished my enjoyment, but as a whole it was kind of enjoyable. I just wish they would have a tighter plot for this since there is more room to explain things.

Agreed. I'm still waiting for them to explain all the convenient coincidences. There better be a mastermind behind all of it. :P

I'm starting to think that T&B handles the comedic and character development moments a lot better than the serious, action ones. Something about the pacing is just off. D:
Jun 18, 2011 3:47 PM

May 2010
I keep wishing Tiger and Bunny would just duke it out together. Well, not at the moment, but they need to resolve their differences of opinion, somehow.

In other news, I noticed T&B yaoi dj's have started popping up...which was bound to happen sooner or later...
Jun 18, 2011 7:54 PM

Jan 2011
Tiger has Blue Rose sprung, straight up. Everything she does is tiger this and tiger that. Always worrying about him, complaining at him, and trying to comfort him. I hope some kind of resolution will come to this mini love arc, cause i don't want it to just fade as the story goes on.

Tiger got his assed kicked, but unlike the others, he REALLY got jacked up. I have a feeling one of the heroes (either tiger or bunny, maybe even both) will have some kind of second evolution with their powers or something.... Cause otherwise this guy is miles above everyone's league.
Jun 18, 2011 8:42 PM

Aug 2009
Ok, I understand being critical and all, it's good, I just don't critique shows as much while they are airing, because frequently explanations show up in the next few weeks anyway, that's just my strategy, it's entirely different if it's completed and I can just watch on through.

And please, won't anyone mention how AWESOME Sky High was? That was AMAZING!!! The whole one on one fight vibe is really a Dark Tournament feel, which I love. Poor Bison, his drill was cool. Also Tiger... how on earth did he hit him in the head?
Did any of you notice the strange metallic background noise (bwa...) and Kotetsu's momentary "ugh" when he kicked Jake? And he floated? Kotetsu is either displaying some sort of telekinesis or someone else is. My suspect? The girl who keeps showing up in EVERY episode. Look at 20:00 to see it, it looked way too suspicious to be just anything.

And Ivan DOES know how to use shuriken! Now he just needs to do some iaido and I will be pleased, also he can jump and move unnaturally well, though this might be the power suit.

Also, I hope it actually gets up to Blue Rose and Dragon Kid against Jake, they actually have the best chance against him. Blue Rose can use her ability as both shield and assault both direct and indirect and Dragon Kid is an energy type, which means she could possibly have her electricity hitchhike on his power. Just some thoughts.

And Blue Rose at least GREATLY cares of Tiger, which is pretty sweet, I liked how guilty she looked after scolding him. And then all her worried scenes. She either sees him as an older bro, a BFF, or she has the hots.
AstuteOtakuJun 18, 2011 8:50 PM
Jun 18, 2011 10:24 PM

Jun 2007
Poor, poor Rock Bison.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Jun 18, 2011 11:00 PM

Nov 2006
GOD DAMN IT BUNNY.
Jun 19, 2011 12:14 AM

Aug 2009
Oh, that's something else I loved, Kotetsu and Barnaby are having a falling out, I felt they were getting too sister sister so I'm glad there is tension again.
Jun 19, 2011 12:20 PM

Nov 2008
windy said:
GOD DAMN IT BUNNY.

You got that right. All during Kotetsu's fight, I was thinking, "WTF Barnaby, go help him!" ;_;
Jun 19, 2011 2:00 PM

Oct 2010
At the begin i though this was just going to be "a lets Cell Games begin" episode, but it was nice they actually went through 3 heroes in one day.
Of course they are going to show Ice Girl getting beat to a pulp so Barny might end everything in the next episode(s).

Erratic movements throw Jake off? Very Mugen, but still nice

IMO, Bunny knew they didn't had a chance and told Barny to back off. By him going first he made sure Barny had all necessary data to actually do some damage.
It wouldn't surprise if Arrow Dude comes around and finish Jake off before Barny.

AstuteOtaku said:

And Blue Rose at least GREATLY cares of Tiger, which is pretty sweet, I liked how guilty she looked after scolding him. And then all her worried scenes. She either sees him as an older bro, a BFF, or she has the hots.

She got the hots for him but is not going to happen >.>
choyosJun 19, 2011 2:05 PM
huh?
Jun 19, 2011 2:22 PM
Apr 2011
Wow, Kotetsu is pretty hurt now.

I wonder how Barnaby is going to deal with this, I saw some crying in the preview.
Jun 19, 2011 2:52 PM

Jan 2008
I wonder if Lunatic could beat Jake? His flames seemed stupidly overpowered.
Jun 19, 2011 3:48 PM

Nov 2007
"uses two tissues at once" oh really, bunny..... what do you use so many tissues for. B)

sajkdfhsakjfaf NOBODY EVER GIVES A SHIT ABOUT TIGER SO I'LL CRY ON HIS BEHALF. :'[
Jun 19, 2011 4:20 PM

Oct 2010
1. anybody else thinking "spirit bomb" during sky high's fight?
2. I loved how blue rose was pissed of when bunny implied that tiger would lose.
3.NOOOOOO TIGEEEEER!!!!
RedGraveXIIIJun 19, 2011 4:25 PM
Jun 19, 2011 5:32 PM

Sep 2009
busters said:
sajkdfhsakjfaf NOBODY EVER GIVES A SHIT ABOUT TIGER SO I'LL CRY ON HIS BEHALF. :'[
Come I shall cry with you too :'[
Everyone is just too mean with him!

The mayor should just die already >.>

"So, did you shitheads in Sternbild sleep well in your crapshack city": LOL
I do heart Jake a lot. Too awesome as a villain and don't think that the heroes can defeat him. Indeed, too outta their league. Most probably the jamming will free the hostages and Jake and the joker girl will fly off to make a new evil plan for future.

So is it only Tiger and Bunny with the time limit issue? Jake's one is understandable because he doesn't use it continuously.

Woh ho, Bunny crying in the next ep.
Really, I want to see Tiger going berserk in one of the future episodes.
Jun 19, 2011 5:46 PM

Aug 2009
Linalee-Stratos said:

The mayor should just die already >.>

Oh yeah, I second this.
Jun 19, 2011 6:05 PM

Aug 2008
"Deep lacerations all over his body" "Heart rate is dropping" "Prepare for a blood transfusion"
NOOOOOOO TIIIGEEEEEEER! ;;;>___<;;;
It's funny how I have never been this worried for an anime character... fangirlism really scares me.

Linalee-Stratos said:
Really, I want to see Tiger going berserk in one of the future episodes.
Me too.

Episode's pacing was a little weird, but I liked the action / plot progressing. Sky High was so cool. Gotta have this series on DVDs. Blurays would be so nice... if I just had a player.
MinekoJun 19, 2011 6:09 PM
Jun 19, 2011 6:19 PM

Jun 2011
Did anyone else notice that right before Jake started beating up Kotetsu he called him by his real name?
Jun 19, 2011 6:25 PM

Aug 2009
ZeroTan said:
Did anyone else notice that right before Jake started beating up Kotetsu he called him by his real name?

Yes I did... so he knows all about Kotetsu and that was aired on tv and... KAEDE!!! She's in danger! And she might know about her dad now.
Jun 19, 2011 6:40 PM

Nov 2010
Fuck yeah! Can't wait another week, seriously...
Jun 19, 2011 6:54 PM

Jan 2010
The whole "Wild Tiger is an idiot" gag is starting to really bother me. He's supposed to be a 10-year veteran, and yet all he does is run AT Jake attempting to land an attack. Where is all the experience he's gained over the years? Even an idiot would know that raw strength can only do so much. I can't tell if this is intentional and later on in the anime his character evolves (up until now it has not), or just bad writers.

There is a big difference between being an idiot and a goofball. I really expected Wild Tiger to be a character similar to Vash the Stampede. Abel Nighroad or Kenshin. I am disappointed so far.

12 episodes later Wild Tiger is still an idiot... Hope it stops soon.
"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
Jun 19, 2011 7:05 PM

Jan 2011
Archie74 said:
The whole "Wild Tiger is an idiot" gag is starting to really bother me. He's supposed to be a 10-year veteran, and yet all he does is run AT Jake attempting to land an attack. Where is all the experience he's gained over the years? Even an idiot would know that raw strength can only do so much. I can't tell if this is intentional and later on in the anime his character evolves (up until now it has not), or just bad writers.

There is a big difference between being an idiot and a goofball. I really expected Wild Tiger to be a character similar to Vash the Stampede. Abel Nighroad or Kenshin. I am disappointed so far.

Yea I sometimes think that too, but this episode got me thinking, what if Tiger purposely acting this way for the Benefit of Barnaby? We know he feels bad for not giving him the trust he wanted, and I'm sure he knew Barnaby was watching the fight and was next, so what if he purposely exposed some of jake's flaws, but left Barnaby with the opportunity to finally avenge his parents?

On another note, while discussing this episode on another site, someone talked about if Lunatic will wait till the last moment to come out and kill Jake. I think this would be a good plot technique, because it would have everyone from the public to maybe even the heroes question themselves to whether their ways of doing things are completely useless compared to the vigilante process.
Jun 19, 2011 7:21 PM

Jan 2010
AstuteOtaku said:
ZeroTan said:

Yes I did... so he knows all about Kotetsu and that was aired on tv and... KAEDE!!! She's in danger! And she might know about her dad now.

It was implied that Jake can read minds, and Wilder Tiger in his inner monologue called himself Kotetsu.
Thats why his kick landed, he wasn't thinking so Jake couldn't know it was coming.

Jun 19, 2011 7:25 PM

Jan 2010
Archie74 said:

Wild Tiger pulled of a Vash in this episode. Then again, he is actually very strong and is probably the best hero, but he cares too much about saving people while the other heroes care more for points and rating.
If you put Wild Tiger in a 1v1 against anyone, he will win for sure.

Jun 19, 2011 8:00 PM

Sep 2010
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Yea I sometimes think that too, but this episode got me thinking, what if Tiger purposely acting this way for the Benefit of Barnaby? We know he feels bad for not giving him the trust he wanted, and I'm sure he knew Barnaby was watching the fight and was next, so what if he purposely exposed some of jake's flaws, but left Barnaby with the opportunity to finally avenge his parents?

You make a really good point I must admit I didn't even think about (owing to the fact that Tiger *is* often portrayed as a big screw-up xD). He purposely didn't use his strength in that ep with the kid controlling statues so the kid could learn to use his power for good. I wouldn't be surprised if this was his way of atoning for not trusting in Bunny and to let Bunny have the fight he's been waiting for for 20 years. o:
Jun 19, 2011 8:12 PM

Nov 2007
I can see why they didn't have any of the female heroes go first. I feel bad for Tiger he fucked up and then got completely trashed. Rock Bison unfortunately seemed like a joke him and Origami. Tiger could have fought smarter at least.

I think a hero needed to get killed or very very severely beaten to show how serious Jake is. it just seemed like Tiger was an idiot and the beatdown could have been more intense. I think I would have preferred Bunny going first and Tiger having guilt and then Tiger fighting smart and somehow winning.
Jun 19, 2011 10:09 PM

Oct 2009
mystik said:
I can see why they didn't have any of the female heroes go first. I feel bad for Tiger he fucked up and then got completely trashed. Rock Bison unfortunately seemed like a joke him and Origami. Tiger could have fought smarter at least.

I think a hero needed to get killed or very very severely beaten to show how serious Jake is. it just seemed like Tiger was an idiot and the beatdown could have been more intense. I think I would have preferred Bunny going first and Tiger having guilt and then Tiger fighting smart and somehow winning.

Thats true but maybe they wanted Tiger to get beaten (i wont say badly) so that when Barnaby loses (and I sure hope he does) he would go for the rescue after somehow recovering and figuring out his power... or maybe they just want to show how heroes are weak
BADGES
Jun 19, 2011 11:45 PM

Mar 2008
Why can't people notice that Lunatic is with the polititians and can't get out of there without a good reason?

Klownzie said:
It was implied that Jake can read minds, and Wilder Tiger in his inner monologue called himself Kotetsu.
Thats why his kick landed, he wasn't thinking so Jake couldn't know it was coming.

I agree.

Archie74 said:

Or Gin-chan. They're taking too long to show Tiger's cool side. I's starting to wonder if that'll happen at all...

Wayero said:
No sniper, gang up...

They can't gang up on Jake because that's agains the rules and they would kill everyone.

After they discovered how they control the robots, they could try to snipe the girl and solve the situation. But if anything went wrong... They decided to play safe and stalled for time until they could neutralize all robots. Let's see what they'll do then. And remember, we see only Jake and the girl, but Ourobouros is a group of terrorists and they could have spies and stuff like that. Playing safe was smart.
m4rc0Jun 19, 2011 11:53 PM
Jun 20, 2011 12:01 AM

Aug 2008
m4rc0 said:
Klownzie said:

I agree.

Yes, I was thinking this too. The whole kick scene seemed pretty weird to me, someone was definitely controlling Kotetsu or something alike. Reading minds, though, makes Jake a very dangerous opponent... no wonder he could see through Origami so quickly.
Jun 20, 2011 12:44 AM
Sep 2009
Well, wow... Legend must have been ridiculously powerful, because he somehow arrested Jake who is just making mice-meat out of the current heroes. Anyway, between Lunatic and Jake, this show has really good villains. I mean publicly humiliating heroes, the faces of justice in Sternbuild and taunting the citizens with their impending doom; now that is a villain.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Jun 20, 2011 1:23 AM

May 2010
Mineko said:
m4rc0 said:
Klownzie said:

I agree.

Yes, I was thinking this too. The whole kick scene seemed pretty weird to me, someone was definitely controlling Kotetsu or something alike. Reading minds, though, makes Jake a very dangerous opponent... no wonder he could see through Origami so quickly.

Same here. After that unintentional kick, I thought that Jake can read minds. No wonder he already see through Origami.

I hope the remaining heroes noticed that.

Also, poor Tiger. After screwing many times this ep, he ended up in the ICU. :(
Jun 20, 2011 1:33 AM

May 2010
I wonder who will win if Lunatic and Jake fights ?
Jun 20, 2011 2:59 AM

Jan 2010
to think this series got 25 episodes
& episode 12 is like pre-last episode

I bet 25 episode will be Ka-Boom
Jun 20, 2011 4:01 AM

Nov 2009
I think Tiger intention was to find some fatal flaw from Jake instead of winning and I guess he somehow did with some dumb luck.

Jake probably can read minds. He found about Origamy really quickly and called Tiger by his name. He countered every attack on him perfectly and got hit when Tiger triped and got a lucky hit on Jake.

I think Bunny already caught up on his trick and will use it against him thinking about something and doing something different. Thats my theory at least.
Jun 20, 2011 4:47 AM

Nov 2010
I REALLY hate to admit this... but Jake is pretty awesome. His attitude is alot more interesting than the typical "villian"
Bunny's being all Tsundere again on another note I'm so glad Origami is okay... He's so weak its cute.

So bunny uses two tissues...
Jun 20, 2011 5:03 AM

Sep 2008
Oh my god D:

Cant wait one week.
Jun 20, 2011 11:59 AM

Jul 2009
Anyone getting Harley and Joker vibes from Kriem and Jake?
Jun 20, 2011 12:09 PM
May 2011
Barnaby you are officially an asshole in every way,

also whats with the shipping kotetsu and blue rose, theres like a 15 year age difference, its pretty obvious that she just sees him as a father figure, she wouldnt be a hero anymore if he didnt help her, i think thats what their trying to shape kotetsu to be in this, he was a father figure to all the younger next

well now i play the waiting game, and fuck it, im going to bump my score up to a 10 cause it defently deserves it now
Jun 20, 2011 1:26 PM
Aug 2010
Actually Tigers battle with Jake was fought pretty inteligentally instead of charging the villan he tried to flank him it probably would have worked against anyone but Jake. I have a sneaky suspision that Jakes weakness is that he is a duelist and can only fight effectivly against one opponent at a time so when Tiger and Bunny eventually double team him he will lose.
Jun 20, 2011 2:37 PM

Jan 2008
I think Jake's power is over soundwaves. That explains both the barriers, and how he can dodge. He can hear everything indeed. When Tiger tripped, it wasn't telegraphed at all, since it was accidental, so he could hear it getting ready.
Jun 20, 2011 8:58 PM

Oct 2009
DmonHiro said:
I think Jake's power is over soundwaves. That explains both the barriers, and how he can dodge. He can hear everything indeed. When Tiger tripped, it wasn't telegraphed at all, since it was accidental, so he could hear it getting ready.

I think that when Jake said "I can hear *insert rest of phrase here*" he meant that he could literally listen to what they were thinking, possibly a second power(?). The fact that Tiger didn't think and tripped and hit him supports the idea that Jake can only tell what they are going to do by reading theirs minds.
BADGES
Jun 20, 2011 11:58 PM

Feb 2011
AstuteOtaku said:
Did any of you notice the strange metallic background noise (bwa...) and Kotetsu's momentary "ugh" when he kicked Jake? And he floated? Kotetsu is either displaying some sort of telekinesis or someone else is. My suspect? The girl who keeps showing up in EVERY episode.

What girl? Indeed he suddenly floated making that kick seem like a rather weak kick.

We have also yet to see how Kriem's powers truly work. What if signal jamming wouldn't really work? The villains and Lunatic all seems rather overpowered somehow.

And why didn't Sky High use his air cut attack like he did to the mechs in the previous episode on Jake. Maybe if he did that instead of covering the entire field in a haze obscuring what Jake was doing he could've known how to counter Jake earlier and maybe even defeat him. I mean he could at least reconfirm what Kotetsu said about him being able to shoot beams being the King of Heroes and all...

Tiger v Jake may have been what Tiger wanted i.e. to gather more information for subsequent heroes to defeat Jake. He would most likely have figured out that Jake, as most have stated, has a second mind reading ability and tells Bunny in time to defeat him? Well who knows. Sunday can't get here any faster. Darn it, should've waited for this mini-Jake arc to end properly before I watched it...
Jun 21, 2011 12:58 AM

May 2009
Wow, Jake completely decimated the heroes. Bison didn't even last a second, poor guy.

Oh, Kotetsu, look what you've done - you've turned Bunny into ice again. Though he did well in making Jake reveal clues to his powers.
I hope he'd miraculously recover and save the day - and Bunny. Especially Bunny.
Jun 21, 2011 7:10 AM

Jun 2011
I think that Jake has "mind reading" powers as either his power or his second power. Cause he said he could "hear everything" and when Kotetsu manage to land that hit, he slipped so that means it was not his intention and thus he never thought of it and hence Jake wasnt able to read his mind to counter that move.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Monochrome - Apr 2, 2011

147 by DanEndra_Tensei »»
Dec 17, 2023 5:27 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Torisunanohokori - Apr 23, 2011

87 by CheriCake »»
Feb 3, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2011

213 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 2, 2023 1:17 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 10, 2011

154 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 2, 2023 12:12 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chalis - Sep 3, 2011

69 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 1, 2023 11:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.