Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2008 8:03 AM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just when it starts to get interesting they end the show short wtf is up with that. Oh well i guess its fine to end it there. But i wouldnt mind another 24 episodes to finish the story right :P

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Aug 7, 2008 3:05 PM

Jul 2007
Eh well thy left if off with "See You Again" as if maybe there could be a second season which i sure would like. AND THY BETTER HAVE ONE!!!!
Feb 5, 2011 2:55 PM

Sep 2008
That last scene was fantastic, Capeta and Naomi finally squaring off one on one.

I am happy to see that the manga is still filed as "ongoing". That means another season of Capeta isn't out of the question, hopefully. Even though this series had a lot of faults (a lot of things were really, really stupid, like why Capeta didn't opt for Autohouse even he's own team was as good as dead) it was still highly enjoyable, and one of the few racing animes out there. We need more to say the least!
Mar 7, 2011 12:49 PM

Feb 2008
felt like an anime only ending, too bad the translations on the manga are so far behind :(
Jan 15, 2012 3:29 AM
Oct 2008
What a lame ending
Feb 27, 2012 5:27 PM

Jun 2008
jacobpaige said:
felt like an anime only ending, too bad the translations on the manga are so far behind :(

Yeah the manga is ongoing but we got no translation. Time to practice my Japanese.
I want to see them fighting in F1 and not just hearing an announcement on the last minute threw the radio.
Oct 6, 2012 3:52 AM

Jan 2012
this anime just took a huge shit on Initial D

good shit
Dec 25, 2014 1:41 PM

Jul 2011
I liked the radio bit at the end. It was like one of those movie epilogues. What a teaser. XD

I really enjoyed this series though, it's a shame I didn't pick it up earlier. I didn't take this show seriously from the anime page, what a mistake! I think it's really underrated, even by MAL standards. It has great racing animation and some really intense moments.

Haruka must be my favorite. Though I wish Capeta won that!

Overall, very enjoyable. I burned through all the episodes in a couple of days! Wish there was more though, because I really want to see them in the F1.
Jun 7, 2016 9:47 PM
Jun 2016
why wont they release the season 2? while other anime's which don't even deserve it are released.it really done a great impact on me .hope it will come back
Aug 9, 2017 5:55 AM
Nov 2009
flaxman85 said:
this anime just took a huge shit on Initial D

good shit

Haven't watched Initial D yet but this anime is a good 6/10, so not that good. It has way too many flaws + pretty shitty CGI.
Nov 2, 2019 11:08 AM

Oct 2015
In the end it was a see-saw battle between Tashira/Ryou and Capeta. I'm glad Capeta won, but hot damn, that was major luck on the engine. Thank goodness it only broke before the finish, otherwise Shiba Would've been the winner of that race. He's incredible for able to win a race in his debut, that's huge in racing, it proves there are promising moments about you.

I'm saddened he didn't get to compete with Naomi on that race, as I wanted Capeta to win against him. It seems Naomi became a king until the end, he owns the world stage, while Capeta owns Japan, how not cool. But the ending scene's commentary sort of revealed a timeskip that Capeta did reach f1 with Naomi, and took their rivalry to the world stage. But it not reveal who won exactly, which was a major disappointment.

I see Nobu had decided to study in Britain to further Capeta's dream, too bad we didn't get an update on that. We also didn't get an update on how Monami did with her idol career, and who did she marry?

Good series, it had its ups and downs. Some moments were gold and others not so much. The music was amazing, the animation had its moment of going down in some ways, but it stabled nonetheless. The plot followed a pattern of a challenged MC too much, every time he performs there has to be a predictable crisis he has to face. It got to a point where it became tedious at some point, and overly cliché. The characters were okay for me, my favorite was Naomi of course, and my least was his mom Nanako. I didn't see her point in the show, no wonder she had a deserved less screentime. It Would've been great if they made her a true villain instead of a constant smirking character, the writers didn't know where they stood with her.

7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 9, 2019 3:31 AM

Aug 2014
10/10 I have watched all 52 episodes at least 5 times, this show is the best, no cliche's no harems, no girl shit, just full on action and drama. This is by far the best anime compared to a lot of shows nowadays that are ruined by fan service and annoying girly voices.

The story is one of a kind, never found anywhere else and can be called a masterpiece. The art is also a masterpiece, in its era and even nowadays i find that art to be by far better then nowadays anime art.

Sound is extraordinary very nicely composed to go with the action and the drama.

Characters have their own uniqueness and background story/goals and are not treated as side characters.

I wish there is a second season but unfortunately its really under rated and it will take a studio courage to bet on it since all of them only care about $ even if they have to animate trash manga which we see a lot.

I well probably go on now to read the manga, but i do hope a second season comes in next generation, just like hunter x hunter who got re-adapted 12 years later or like cooking master which just got adapted again after 20 years, Capeta still has a chance of a second season as long as we support it!

I truly enjoyed this anime and would rate it 100/10 if i could, do give it a go, you well never be disappointed, i am sure tears well roll throughout this masterpiece adventure.
SenseiMedoNov 9, 2019 3:46 AM
Loneliness of Innocence

Jul 22, 2020 11:06 PM
Jul 2020
I first watched this anime when I in my primary school, about class 3-4 I guess, now I'm 27years and I'm a big anime freak. During this lockdown I have learned a lot of things about life but after finally watching capeta full series I am sooooo happy nd motivated again, I didn't liked the way it ended. This anime has so much potential. Only if people watch it once they will feel the way I feel being an anime freak.. If by any chance the creator reads this post, I humbly request you please continue this anime, this will work on this period of time. Peace out..
Jul 8, 2021 11:36 PM
Jun 2021
the ending its pretty interesting, i was expecting season 2 from that ending but until now there is no information abt season 2 yet
Nov 13, 2023 10:51 AM
Jul 2023
good story go wr capeta
Mar 4, 10:42 AM

May 2018
Wooh, can't stop watching the show, simply can't get enough of those epic racing and reckless driving of Capeta.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Capeta Episode 32 Discussion

Faust721 - Feb 4, 2007

11 by EsieEyen »»
Mar 3, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Capeta Episode 5 Discussion

Monad - Feb 25, 2012

3 by EsieEyen »»
Mar 3, 1:57 AM

» "Capeta" is "demon" in portuguese

biaotaku39 - Jan 6, 2023

1 by lrdalucard »»
Jan 6, 2023 1:10 PM

Poll: » Capeta Episode 9 Discussion

Monad - Feb 26, 2012

3 by removed-user »»
Jun 26, 2022 4:15 AM

Poll: » Capeta Episode 7 Discussion

Monad - Feb 25, 2012

3 by removed-user »»
Jun 26, 2022 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.