Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2011 4:53 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
There was something off about Tenchi's character in this one, honestly I didn't like it. Though its possible that it was just the crappy dub.

It would have been nice if they'd mentioned Kenshi, though its possible that he was from a different continuity.

Edit: It wasn't the dub :(
jacobpaigeMay 3, 2012 1:39 AM
Apr 9, 2013 7:22 AM

Jan 2009
Well. I guess this means that this show follows the OVA story line. Good to know.
Dec 30, 2014 10:36 PM

Sep 2014
This was really good but flawed. Ep 17.

It was great to see the old gang again. The comedy was well paced and reminiscent of the old OVA and well handled. But there are complications.

The dub.

Cons:

Washu: comes off a bit wobbly and kinda stilted. Like the VA was just reading her lines.

Sasami: a bit better but still stilted.

Mid-con:

Ayeka: A bit too heavy on the british accent and kinda off.

Ryoko: I have long since gotten over that Ms. Burchard doesn't do Ryoko anymore. It was sad but gotta move on. Ms. Marshell is getting a bit better but it still takes some getting used ton.

Mihoshi: She was decent but not there enough to get a feel for.

Pros:

Tenchi: I actually like the new guy. He sounds like a bit more grown up tenchi after the Kermit voice. Also anyone else know that that was Riser Phoenix from High School DxD?

Yosho: He came off as a bit goody but still very enjoyable. Mr. Bob Papenbrook has been in alot of live action and animation voice over work from Power Rangers to Digimon. Not bad.

Noike: She was good. Wait that was Ms. Marshall again?! The heck?! It's so different from Ryoko!

Best: the interaction of Tenchi and Seina. Both gotta 99 problems and the girl's are the biggest one. Lotta fun in this.

Stealth good: Quick snapshot of Nobuyuki and Rea. She's pregnant. There's your War on Geminar hint.

4/5. Pretty good and fun overall.

Nitpick: Seina's girls don't interact with the Tenchi cast. Booo.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Sep 17, 2021 4:24 PM
May 2018
I guess I’m the only one here that watched it subbed because this episode was amazing. Best episode of the whole show imo.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! GXP Episode 1 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 7, 2011

11 by security_desu »»
Aug 24, 2022 12:05 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! GXP Episode 26 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 8, 2011

14 by Hesmiyu »»
May 22, 2022 7:20 AM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! GXP Episode 14 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 8, 2011

4 by glassknuckles »»
Dec 6, 2019 2:22 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! GXP Episode 13 Discussion

Fallenkingzero - Apr 21, 2013

2 by glassknuckles »»
Dec 6, 2019 2:20 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! GXP Episode 12 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 2, 2012

4 by glassknuckles »»
Dec 6, 2019 2:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.