Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 29, 2011 6:24 PM
Dec 2010
Since the end of the series was so friggin awesome, I was wondering if everyone else felt the same way? Or would you do things differently? Also would you like to see a second series, and what would you like it to cover?
Apr 29, 2011 6:29 PM
Nov 2008
It's only 'awesome' because of the hype. Your mind got so worked up that it HAD to be awesome, no matter what actually happened.
Apr 29, 2011 6:37 PM
Dec 2010
I suppose so, but I still thought twas a good ending maybe not friggin awesome but felt like an ending. I just wish the series was a bit longer then it might have had time to explain everything.
Apr 29, 2011 6:40 PM

Mar 2009
I think the ending was alright. Everything leading right up to the ending was done well.
Apr 29, 2011 7:20 PM
Dec 2010
Yeah thats what I think. I was hoping Kuroko would come back and save the day, well at least she came back. Just got hung up on the wrong magical girl lol.
Apr 29, 2011 7:52 PM

Dec 2010
I would have made some changes:

- First, and most importantly the universe wouldn't blow up when Madoka destroyed the mega-witch. She would still disappear, as she was destroying herself, but the universe would live on, without all that accumulated grief.
Of course, Demons would appear nontheless, evil away exists. Just in lesser numbers.

- Second, Junko would still have a pink-haired daughter called Madoka (but not the one we know, obviously), with which the girls would be friends with.

- Third, the post-ED wouldn't exist, and Mami and Kyouko would be shown fighting alongside Homura in the last scene.

So, a bittersweet ending with a little less despair, overall. But in the end, almost the same ending. I cannot think of a completely different ending for the series, neither do I believe there could have been one: these tiny nitpicks are all that I can point at the ending.
"Tonight, I sit in the eye of the storm. As fire boils around me, I press forward, winds and lightning lashing my wings. I am no match for what I face. Yet I will not back down, and though fear may place it's stranglehold on my heart, courage will see me through. With tears in my eyes, I hit full throttle. My engines become an inferno, and my weapons light up, awaiting my command.

If I die tonight, I will do so fighting for everything I believe in."

Apr 29, 2011 8:45 PM
Sep 2009
BrickBreak said:

So, a bittersweet ending with a little less despair, overall. But in the end, almost the same ending. I cannot think of a completely different ending for the series, neither do I believe there could have been one: these tiny nitpicks are all that I can point at the ending.

I agree with this.

The concept for the ending was perfect for the series, but the overall presentation was a little off. Otherwise, great as predicted~
Apr 30, 2011 12:07 AM

Jun 2008
Onibokusu said:
It's only 'awesome' because of the hype. Your mind got so worked up that it HAD to be awesome, no matter what actually happened.

So there's no chance it actually was awesome? Come on, Oni, you didn't even see it.
Apr 30, 2011 1:00 AM
Dec 2007
Redfoxoffire said:
Onibokusu said:

So there's no chance it actually was awesome? Come on, Oni, you didn't even see it.
Just ignore him seriously, he will argue with you eternally otherwise. He's just trying to bait people into arguments.

Apr 30, 2011 1:05 AM
Feb 2011
Personally, I was disappointed by the ending.
Wanted a bad end so much :/
The whole 4-11 episodes were pure awesomeness, but the 12th.. Well... I didn't like it.
dfsafsafApr 30, 2011 1:09 AM
Apr 30, 2011 1:08 AM
Nov 2008
Redfoxoffire said:

No, but every single person I know has, and all their reactions are the same. 'OMG IT WAS AWESOME'. You set yourselves up to believe it's awesome, even if it actually isn't.

Leon-Gun said:
Just ignore him seriously, he will argue with you eternally otherwise. He's just trying to bait people into arguments.

Red and I get along. Stop being so mad just because I pwned you.
Apr 30, 2011 2:11 AM

Jun 2008
Onibokusu said:
Redfoxoffire said:

No, but every single person I know has, and all their reactions are the same. 'OMG IT WAS AWESOME'. You set yourselves up to believe it's awesome, even if it actually isn't.

While I don't deny that a placebo effect probably occurred for some, your post suggests that it definitely isn't awesome; people only say it is because of the hype. If everyone is saying it's awesome, as you've just stated, someone has to think so through their own beliefs and not because of hype, right?

I was a part of all the hype so I'm not exactly one to try to convince you it definitely was awesome. I just don't quite think you're being fair here. At least, not until you see it for yourself. But then, going in super-hyped and knowing as much about it as you probably already do (evidenced by you obviously visiting the show's forum) could easily have an impact on your enjoyment. Hype backlash and all.

What will you do?
Apr 30, 2011 4:21 AM
Nov 2008
Redfoxoffire said:

What will you do?

I'm going to be marathoning Madoka and I'll be seeing if the ending is indeed awesome, considering I won't be all hyped up or anything. If it's sub-par, it's definitely placebo. The fact that Madoka isn't rated a perfect 10 would make one assume that it's mostly placebo, the same thing happened with Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt. Looking back on it, the ending isn't as awesome as I thought it was at the time.

I only know three things about Madoka: Chick getting eaten was graphic, episodes were delayed and that the ending was 'awesome'.
Apr 30, 2011 4:27 AM

Jun 2008
AlexSadist-sama said:
I think the ending was alright. Everything leading right up to the ending was done well.

Yeah i agree, the ending was fine since if everyone was simply saved and it was a full happy ending then fans would have said that the end was to happy and ruined the whole dark events we saw and if everyone dies and shit then other would have said its a bad ending and depressing. So it was a nice compromise between things getting better but not too perfect.
Apr 30, 2011 4:30 AM

Aug 2009
I'd give it a bad ending. Homura gets killed by Walpurugis's night and Madoka becomes a Puella Magi to avenge Homura. She then kills the Walpurugis and becomes one of the strongest witches in the universe out of despair.
She then destroys the world and herself.

The end.
Apr 30, 2011 4:58 AM

Aug 2009
Onibokusu said:
blah blah blah troll bait

There is also possibilty that 'you' are minority after you finish series and others were right about being awesome. You can't possibly argue with something like that, placebo shit whatever.

STM said:
I'd give it a bad ending. Homura gets killed by Walpurugis's night and Madoka becomes a Puella Magi to avenge Homura. She then kills the Walpurugis and becomes one of the strongest witches in the universe out of despair.

The end.

That is worse ending than what we had imo. It simply lacks depth.
Apr 30, 2011 5:06 AM

Dec 2010
STM said:

The end.

Madoka becoming a Puella out of vengeance would be a huge breach of character.

Plus... it's a plain bad ending. For Madoka, no monochromatic ending would work: a bad ending would be as awful as a deux ex machina ending with the girls throwing water balloons off the radio tower in the OP.
"Tonight, I sit in the eye of the storm. As fire boils around me, I press forward, winds and lightning lashing my wings. I am no match for what I face. Yet I will not back down, and though fear may place it's stranglehold on my heart, courage will see me through. With tears in my eyes, I hit full throttle. My engines become an inferno, and my weapons light up, awaiting my command.

If I die tonight, I will do so fighting for everything I believe in."

Apr 30, 2011 8:02 AM
Nov 2008
ringoo4 said:

There is also possibilty that 'you' are minority after you finish series and others were right about being awesome. You can't possibly argue with something like that, placebo shit whatever.

Obviously you're mad at the idea that what you think currently as being awesome might not actually be awesome.
Apr 30, 2011 8:14 AM

Aug 2009
Onibokusu said:
ringoo4 said:

Obviously you're mad at the idea that what you think currently as being awesome might not actually be awesome.

Guess whatever you want, I'm Shaft-fag.
Apr 30, 2011 2:35 PM
Dec 2007
Onibokusu said:
Stop being so mad just because I pwned you.
Huh...I wonder at what you exactly owned me.

Apr 30, 2011 6:22 PM

Aug 2009
Leon-Gun said:
Onibokusu said:
Stop being so mad just because I pwned you.
Huh...I wonder at what you exactly owned me.
That's what we call mental victory. Trying to force one's thinking into the mind of winning when actually they don't know what to properly argue next.

Psychology ftw.
May 1, 2011 12:25 PM
Dec 2010
Everyone seems to be arguing quite a lot, why don't we sit down and enjoy some tea?

Here is an ending I found on the puella wiki that I liked: Madoka was just Homura's imaginary friend. None of the other magical girls were real. Homura is institutionalized after going on a shooting spree against "witches."

Oh well, at least eps 11 and 12 happened and that's the main thing. And they weren't beach/hot spring eps either!
May 1, 2011 1:16 PM

Apr 2011
I think the Producer did the best they can to close off the series.

The ending wasn't mind-blowing or another "Surprise! Another Twist!" but it did what it suppose to do which is closing off the series.

And closing off it is for the best since all of the mysteries of the story has been solved, there shouldn't be another twist to the story. Since neither any foreshadowing led us to believe that there will be a twist, it would be unnatural if the producer decides to put another twist on the ending.

And beside, the biblical parallel of Jesus and Madoka and the episode airing on Good Friday tells us that the writer didn't just pull this ending out of their ass. :P
Oh, and I'm even an atheist! ^^

Therefore, it was a good conclusion to a good series and wildly surpassed my expectation when I first started watching it. If you look at the endings of other good series, you'll come to realize "they, at least it didn't suck" :P
May 2, 2011 4:43 AM

Apr 2009
The real ending was great in my opinion, but if I were to end the series, it would be quite different.

First of all, Madoka's wish wouldn't be such a grandiose one, transcending time. In my version, she'd wish for something "starting with now", without changing the entire history. That way, we wouldn't be messing with chaos theory and ignoring the butterfly effect. That's the worst part of the true ending in my opinion.

Madoka would wish for all the witches to be killed in an instant, and for no witch ever being born again. The outcome would be generally almost identical to what we've actually seen in the real ending - all the witches disappearing, Madoka disappearing too (because her Soul Gem would accumulate all the grief from those witches - but let her stay as a godlike existence to make Homura accept the outcome), and Puellae Magi would no longer turn to witches, but their Soul Gems exploding due to excessive corruption would cause the grief to scatter all around the world (but in some cutesy visual way, to make the girls think it's nothing bad), causing the demons to be born - essentially the same as in the real ending.

But I'd add a dark twist to the ending - instead of grandiose music playing in the background, I'd add tension to finale scenes, suggesting that Madoka was naive stating that wish, Homura was equally naive accepting it, and in reality, not much has changed. Last shot would be a fullscreen Kyubey's face stating "Madoka, did you really think that would change anything?" or something like this.
May 4, 2011 1:17 AM
Feb 2008
Would've gone for an ending where Homura is surrounded by all the main characters and they all say "congratulations", and add lots of pretentious artworks and make it look DEEP.

Make a film to actually end it, which would be called "The end of Puella Magi".
May 4, 2011 3:18 PM

Apr 2011
ojsinnerz said:
Would've gone for an ending where Homura is surrounded by all the main characters and they all say "congratulations", and add lots of pretentious artworks and make it look DEEP.

I think the background artwork in Madoka is pretentious enough, plus they aired the last episodes during a holy day... LOL

But I agree with this suggestion. But the show should have been named Mahou Shoujo Homura instead.
ValaskjalfMay 4, 2011 5:54 PM
May 4, 2011 6:30 PM

Sep 2007
Ok ending to a great series. I'm not talented enough to think up an ending though.

May 4, 2011 7:28 PM
Nov 2008
ringoo4 said:
That's what we call mental victory. Trying to force one's thinking into the mind of winning when actually they don't know what to properly argue next.

Psychology ftw.

Oh, I wasn't aware you were there. Thanks for providing your obviously completely informed opinion.

Ever since that thread, Leon-Gun tries his best to discredit me in every thread we're both in. Coincidence? I think not.
May 4, 2011 10:56 PM

Jun 2008
STM said:

The end.

isn't this quite predictable.. I would want an ending that you would exactly make it unpredictable.. bad or good end as long as most of the people think of it as "awesome" then its good..

just like what SHAFT did to the ending? not all the people would think that madoka will choose to be a goddess.. yeah "not all the people" its just an opinion guys so don't get mad at me..

Redfoxoffire said:
Onibokusu said:
Redfoxoffire said:

While I don't deny that a placebo effect probably occurred for some, your post suggests that it definitely isn't awesome; people only say it is because of the hype. If everyone is saying it's awesome, as you've just stated, someone has to think so through their own beliefs and not because of hype, right?

I was a part of all the hype so I'm not exactly one to try to convince you it definitely was awesome. I just don't quite think you're being fair here. At least, not until you see it for yourself. But then, going in super-hyped and knowing as much about it as you probably already do (evidenced by you obviously visiting the show's forum) could easily have an impact on your enjoyment. Hype backlash and all.

What will you do?

he really does want to argue.. everyone has their own opinion you don't need to debate about what's good and bad.. if its bad for you then its bad for you.. if its good for us.. don't go yell intimidate people to argue..

Visit our website at http://www.animeotakucorner.com
May 4, 2011 11:01 PM
Dec 2007
Onibokusu said:
ringoo4 said:

Psychology ftw.

Oh, I wasn't aware you were there. Thanks for providing your obviously completely informed opinion.

Ever since that thread, Leon-Gun tries his best to discredit me in every thread we're both in. Coincidence? I think not.
Ah...Actually I think our paths crossed much farther back, but I can't be bothered to hunt down such old topics. Don't worry, I'm just trying my best to boost my obviously over-inflated ego.

May 7, 2011 4:22 AM

Aug 2009
Onibokusu said:
ringoo4 said:

Psychology ftw.

I don't know that thread and don't even bother reading it, but I obviously still don't like you. It doesn't matter since you will still think you owned us, and there is nothing we can do to shock your brain to fix that creepy mindset. Period.
May 7, 2011 5:18 AM
Dec 2007
ringoo4 said:
I don't know that thread and don't even bother reading it, but I obviously still don't like you. It doesn't matter since you will still think you owned us, and there is nothing we can do to shock your brain to fix that creepy mindset. Period.
Heh, anyway let's get this thread back on topic before a mod starts to get annoyed.

By what I've seen so far it seems people wanted one of two extremes. Either a happier end where Madoka's wish actually changed the very rules of the game rather than some of the consequences, or a grimmer end where the girls would either die or lived on to some rather sad consequences and the Incubator would pretty much had the last laugh.

May 7, 2011 6:12 AM

Jul 2010
TBH, I would leave the ending exactly as it is. Maybe without the little post-credit scene that has Homura fighting the demons alone in a post-apocalyptic world (assuming that's what it means) to reduce the amount of depression, but really, it's pretty much absolutely perfect. I felt that the characters and themes were all treated excellently, and it does a great job of making a huge 180 and adding some much needed hope and joy to an otherwise utterly despondent story.
May 18, 2011 4:06 PM
Nov 2009
I'd go with
Madoka makes her wish which makes Kyuubey's race lack purpose but at the same time breaks the cycle of magical girls and witches, however the cost of this wish would either be..
A) Madoka dies
B) She survives but no one can see / hear her
C) She survives but has a shortened lifespan
D) The wish cannot be granted, Homura is defeated by WalpurgisNight and the world is plunged into doom.
Dec 4, 2011 4:47 PM

Dec 2008
I'd make it as evangelion-ish as I could. xD
Like Madoka wishing for Kyubey to never come to our planet in the first place and thus undoing thousands of years of human progress. Basically humanity starting from scratch. :333~

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1543 by Biisoo »»
Apr 23, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

627 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.